What makes a person a "Pro"?

Knowing how to survive. What i mean by this is a player that knows what to do if anything goes wrong, always thinking ahead, a plan b, whatever you want to call it, a player that knows when to revive someone or when not to( ex: 3 ppl are down, you have good perks and a good wep maybe, you try and go to revive him and maybe going down while reviving him(you knew you probabbly were going down) now, the person you just revived has: no perks, maybe is not a skilfull player and will just try to revive you again and that leads to an inevitable lose. A player that assumes the "leader" roll of the game and always trying to give advice to the team and telling them what to do(not in a bad way).

That is to me, a pro player

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most of the things you said are things that a great team mate is, being a "Pro" has, really, nothing to do with team work, like what if some has no online, no internet connection? maybe he sucks at reviving people (which would be a disaster :lol: ) but I am really liking these ideas though no the less

Regards Yellow-card8

just read my post again cause the thread came back up. true, i mention only coop stuff... i think, cause i almost never play solo. on the other hand, what you should say for solo... be able to run trains.. that is what a pro is, isnt it? cause he then survives and goes to high rounds. some patience is needed too. we can add that a pro knows how to react to the thief or monkeys and stuff. midround boxhits to refill his ammo and he is good....

A pro is anyone who gets to round 96 on Dead Ops, :? *Damn I just said My thoughts Out loud* No seriously though I consider a pro to be anyone who has true skill, not just a person that can run circles all day. You have to always at least try for a revive; ie check the scene out if there is no way it is happening then don't do it. A pro is someone who can improvise and react to get out of a tight situation, making anyone watching wonder how you did that. A pro is also someone modest, people who go around bragging all the time are not pros. *Looks at First Sentence- Damn I'm not a pro* They don't try to boss people around and are receptive to other teammates. A pro is someone who can take the blame for doing something wrong, not pushing it on someone else. That being said, pros don't do too that many things wrong, although everyone does once in a while. Pros can clutch it, others can't. The biggest thing a pro is though, is a team player. They don't go off doing their own thing, they don't steal kills or trap other people. They don't rage quit and they don't make others feel bad for not doing as well. Those are the things I think makes someone a pro.

A "pro" is someone who can get to really high rounds, legitimately. Since the entire point of the game is to get high rounds, any other factor is a secondary consideration really. A pro is not someone who revives often. The best players often have to leave people to die, and that's a decision a pro would have to make: risk the the game, or save the teammate. The decision depends on the situation. Kiting/circling/looping is acceptable, as it is the only way to get to the highest rounds in Zombies. To say that anyone can do it is false. Not just anyone can do it, and very few people can do it sustainably into the high rounds, as in, they can only do it for a couple or so. To dislike circling because it gives high rounds is akin to disliking medicine because it gets people to high ages.

OK, let me try:

A Pro...

...doesn't steal kills.

...doesn't mess up other people's trains.

...able to survive if someone messes up his own train.

...respects if a teammate needs a toilet or box break.

...has a crawler in the end if someone says "need crawler"

...will not discuss a year, who shall open the door, but just opens it.

...announces ammo, box and maybe other drops.

...can play with a variety of guns and is not dependent of the box.

...revives you if possible, doesn't revive you if not possible.

...will rarely go down.

...announces where he is and what path his train takes, in case he got downed.

...kills the zombies fast and effective.

...will not say "no ammo", since it never happens.

...doesn't run in the astro's arms, cause he knows approximately where he is and always has an ear open.

...will always have enough pts to reorganize himself in case he goes down or goes spectating.

...communicates important stuff to the team, e.g. which landers he has ridden.

...is able even to get the russian only speaking on the teleporter.

...dumbs the hacker for a guy that actually need the hacker-bonus, and also explains him what the hacker bonus is.

...also hacks a ray gun for his teammates, especially if he already has a good setup.

...does not loose gravity, neither through excavators, nor through explosives.

...is able to use monkeys to change drops.

...can run trains even in freaky areas.

...can run trains even with dogs/george/mad george/shrieker/napalm etc.

...can camp.

...can play on his own, or with the team together.

...is not dependent of doors that need to be opened/closed.

...is able to survive in any round without jug till it's save to get it.

...will keep off the zombies off another player, that just got downed, so he can safely rebuy jug.

...never end a game in case he is host.

...never leave a game.

There is a ton more, especially minor stuff, so i just stop.

Well, but sometimes, a pro will also:

...isntantly kill the crawler because the progress is too slow.

...let you go down, cause he wants the wave gun / hacker for himself.

...revive you three times in a row while you lie in a trap, so you instantly go down again, just cause it looks funny.

...not go down to nml for jug, cause he knows, that you will anyway just go down again.

...wait till you got downed and then kill himself, cause he is bored.

...make the worst fun ever if a child is in the game.

and so on.

============

i like the thought of differ between pro player and pro kiter. that's pretty interesting.

haha i do most of those things

A "pro" is someone who can get to really high rounds, legitimately. Since the entire point of the game is to get high rounds, any other factor is a secondary consideration really. A pro is not someone who revives often. The best players often have to leave people to die, and that's a decision a pro would have to make: risk the the game, or save the teammate. The decision depends on the situation. Kiting/circling/looping is acceptable, as it is the only way to get to the highest rounds in Zombies. To say that anyone can do it is false. Not just anyone can do it, and very few people can do it sustainably into the high rounds, as in, they can only do it for a couple or so. To dislike circling because it gives high rounds is akin to disliking medicine because it gets people to high ages.

Pretty much what you said sums it up, except for this:

A pro is not someone who revives often. The best players often have to leave people to die

A good tactical player should be able to revive a downed teammate in over 90% of situations, the only situation where they wouldn't be able to being if the downed player is in a place where you can't get to safely. In most cases however, it's just a case of waiting for the teammate's zombies to join your train so you the way is clear for you to reach and revive your teammate.

I'd never call a player a truely good player if they consistantly fail to revive other players, no matter how good their round-clutching abilities are.

A good tactical player should be able to revive a downed teammate in over 90% of situations, the only situation where they wouldn't be able to being if the downed player is in a place where you can't get to safely. In most cases however, it's just a case of waiting for the teammate's zombies to join your train so you the way is clear for you to reach and revive your teammate.

I'd never call a player a truely good player if they consistantly fail to revive other players, no matter how good their round-clutching abilities are.

But that's in an ideal situation. If me and a buddy are doing great, and he goes down, I have a fair chance of being able to revive him. However, things aren't always ideal. If something went wrong and we are winging it until we can get back to our places, it may be a little more difficult to revive. But also consider that you may not have room nor supplies to lead the horde far away enough. Also, if a player dies is a no-no zone, that is, a place I never go to by myself, much less to try to revive someone, I'm not going to risk the game on getting them out of a place they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Disregard for reviving teammates entirely is bad, of course. I just think that reviving should not be factored into a pro player. A pro player might have to let you die, but, if he is a pro, he will help you get back on your feet the next Round.

Q: What makes a noob a noob?

A: Becuase they beat someone who is a sore loser.

Widely accepted that a Pro is the opposite of a noob.

Therefore: A Pro is someone who always loses.

Lol.

But that's in an ideal situation. If me and a buddy are doing great, and he goes down, I have a fair chance of being able to revive him. However, things aren't always ideal. If something went wrong and we are winging it until we can get back to our places, it may be a little more difficult to revive. But also consider that you may not have room nor supplies to lead the horde far away enough. Also, if a player dies is a no-no zone, that is, a place I never go to by myself, much less to try to revive someone, I'm not going to risk the game on getting them out of a place they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Disregard for reviving teammates entirely is bad, of course. I just think that reviving should not be factored into a pro player. A pro player might have to let you die, but, if he is a pro, he will help you get back on your feet the next Round.

Fair point, it's just that you said the best players often have to leave people to die, which I disagreed with. Though I'd also say the situation doesn't always have to be ideal for a player to revive. Even in no-go areas, as long as I have some sort of way out after reviving, either by some sort of save-ass weapon or tactical grenade, then most of the time I'll make the revive and do it safely.

Of course I'm not saying that you have to be this good at reviving to be considered a 'pro' but some people needlessly let people die which to me can't be considered a great player. Albeit I must admit I sometimes let randoms die if they keep going down when they have something like the Thundergun or Wave Gun, just for the simple reason that it's such a powerful tool being wasted in the wrong hands :lol: