Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MixMasterNut

What are some good Custom WAW Zombie Maps to download?

Title says it all....

Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations on which custom zombie maps to download? I believe there is over 230 of them now. Which ones are the best?

Castle (nazi_zombie_castle) has always been a fave of mine, just a basic conversion of the multiplayer map to zombies using Nacht scripts. Couple of good kiting spots and Ray Gun buyable off the wall.

Factory is also great for co-op, can't play it solo because the creator called it nazi_zombie_factory - you type that into the console to load in in solo and Der Riese will load :lol:

Awards

Thanks for the Der Riese tip ;)

nazi_zombie_afterwar_mw is an awesome custom map! It's very Modern Warfare feeling. MW weaponry (YES I finally get to shoot zombies with an AK47 and a Deagle!) 2 NPC's. All weapons are picked up off the ground, which I think that gives it a more realistic feel than buying them off walls. The environment looks great.

If you like that you should download the Modern Weapons mod, works on Nacht, and all Nacht-based custom maps by copying the files from the MW mod folder into the map's folder.

Awards

nazie_zombie_FRUmansion

Love it! It's like Night of the Living Dead meets Nacht der Untoten. But even better than NDT.

I recommend point whoring the first couple rounds, and getting your butt upstairs pronto.

Been playing nazi_zombie_WarZone a bit today; possibly the best custom map I've ever played, not just feature-wise but for playability in both solo and co-op.

Awards

Been playing nazi_zombie_WarZone a bit today; possibly the best custom map I've ever played, not just feature-wise but for playability in both solo and co-op.

I dl'd it. Nice features, but horrible map design. Way to big and wide open.

Donor

Afterwar is an awesome map, I gave it a try today. Whoever made this map has a good sense of humor too!

I dl'd it. Nice features, but horrible map design. Way to big and wide open.

I think that's what I liked about it, I love huge maps that make you save up points to keep opening loads and loads of doors :lol:

Afterwar is an awesome map, I gave it a try today. Whoever made this map has a good sense of humor too!

It's a fun map but it's so glitchy, you get stuck on everything :lol:

Awards

Just been playing this map again actually - it has pretty major spawning issues. On round 14 there was one zombie left, took me a few minutes to find him for some unknown reason. Then at round 19, according to the zombie counter I had 31 zombies left, but they just completely stopped spawning and I had to end the game. I thought opening another area might trigger more spawns, but it didn't.

Awards

If you haven't checked out Dead Sand then you are definitely missing out on one of the best maps ever.

What do you personally prefer, Dead Sand Elite or the original Dead Sand?

Both great, I have no preference just depends on what I feel like playing.

Awards

There is a LOT of great maps to choose from, but only a select few are actually of studio standards.

WarZone, Kneipe Der Untoten, Zebba's Farm and Anstalt Der Untoten are the best 'studio type' maps I can think of, but don't let that put people off.

Maps like Dale's Dock, Baseball Field, Farm of the Dead etc are are fantastic maps, but they do have a strong custom aura to them.

They are so quick to download, you may as well do as Matuzz suggested, and get a bulk load. Play the ones you like from them. :)

There is a LOT of great maps to choose from, but only a select few are actually of studio standards.

WarZone, Kneipe Der Untoten, Zebba's Farm and Anstalt Der Untoten are the best 'studio type' maps I can think of, but don't let that put people off.

Maps like Dale's Dock, Baseball Field, Farm of the Dead etc are are fantastic maps, but they do have a strong custom aura to them.

They are so quick to download, you may as well do as Matuzz suggested, and get a bulk load. Play the ones you like from them. :)

I hope in the future i will have the chance to play custom maps...as a ps3 user and laptop owner ive played every map but custom ones ! :)

Clan":35is01ts]I hope in the future i will have the chance to play custom maps...as a ps3 user and laptop owner ive played every map but custom ones ! :)

The custom scene is a fantastic place to get your zombies fix from. So many maps that incorporate all the different features from WaW, BO1 and now BO2.

There is maps that have all the zombie perks, and even brand new ones! Same goes for the perk drops.

There is also a vast array of weaponry on offer, from all the guns we know and love, to some we have never even heard of. Brand new wonder weapons, and some fans favourite.

Also just noticed that there is a few maps in production that include MotD features, including Box design, scenery and terrain, and even the BlunderGat.

Good times...

I sincerely recommend making the upgrade when you can get the chance. Too many good maps not to. :)

Clan":unaev6hw]I hope in the future i will have the chance to play custom maps...as a ps3 user and laptop owner ive played every map but custom ones ! :)

The custom scene is a fantastic place to get your zombies fix from. So many maps that incorporate all the different features from WaW, BO1 and now BO2.

There is maps that have all the zombie perks, and even brand new ones! Same goes for the perk drops.

There is also a vast array of weaponry on offer, from all the guns we know and love, to some we have never even heard of. Brand new wonder weapons, and some fans favourite.

Also just noticed that there is a few maps in production that include MotD features, including Box design, scenery and terrain, and even the BlunderGat.

Good times...

I sincerely recommend making the upgrade when you can get the chance. Too many good maps not to. :)

Agreed! :)