Open/Closed doors

bbc5791

On COTD I catch a lot of crap for opening up all the doors, especially the bottom lighthouse door. I always go straight for the sickle so I prefer to go ahead and open things up down there to get maximum zombies in the lighthouse area.

I know the glitcher folks want to keep that closed for obvious reasons (which makes me want to open it up even more), but I find a lot of other people want it closed.

However, I feel like it's best to just open up everything. I can get everywhere much faster, especially when I need to revive someone. And for the reason I stated above.

So, all you pros and high level folks (I've only gotten to level 30, mostly due to time constraints), please tell me how I'm wrong or if you agree.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 players leave that or the door to the ship shut. It enables 2 people to circle outside the lighthouse, both with access to ammo from the brilliant AK.

For 4 players it should probably be open, as there are 2 kiting areas in there (bottom and middle floor).

Also, I leave it closed when playing with 2 players to enable breaks to be taken safely. When you are going to be playing for 6 hours minimum it's nice to take a 15 minute break in peace. For both players it's just easier. You don't have to babysit the last zombie/s quite as much. On a map like COTD once you are at plus 40 often you need to cycle the box to get the VR back, or scavenger.

If someone wants a break it's tough for the other to keep hitting the box as you are constantly worried about being on the other side of the map and a new zombie spawning near to AFK teammate. The glitch is good for these situations. In game it sucks arse.

I think the AK area can still be well handled, even with all doors open. For me, the most problematic income of the zombies might be from the bridge towards jug, so I would actually keep that one closed, to make it even easier.

However, it's cool to have both closed, so if you need a safe spot, e.g. as said to revive, you won't face zombies behind the closed door. So it's like a one time safe house.

But I seriously think, it's not too important what you do with the doors there.

• 1 month later...

Personally I like to open everything up and freeball. But if someone asks me nicely to not open a door and doesn't glitch, then I'll go with the flow. However if I see someone doing the lighthouse glitch I'll open the door straightaway, which leads to much amusement from the glitchers' rage.

• 3 weeks later...

Call of the Dead and Kino are the only maps that I prefer to keep at least one door closed. With Call of the Dead, I don't have any problem with the door at the bottom of the lighthouse being opened, I personally prefer the door right next to Flopper to remain closed.

That floor becomes an excellent spot to run (just finished a 43 solo game in that spot) , but when that door is open it is completely destroyed.

I've also had people prefer the top door of the lighthouse to remain closed, but I cannot fathom why. Keeping the door to Juggernog from the top closed isn't a bad idea in the early rounds either, but later it is safter to get Jug from the zipline through the top anyway.

• 7 months later...

I tend to keep the door by Ak Closed until later rounds.

I keep the door towards Juggas from the AK shut also until later rounds (or until i feel like its getting to hardcore.

Also the door from the PHD to the lighthouse always stays shut in order to train in the middle of the lighthouse. (Annoying at times especially for getting the sickle but if there is enough of you going for the sickle it isn't a problem)