What type of air support do you prefer?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Air Strike - my vote: There is nothing that blows away a jug better, faster and easier. Just needs to be well placed.

2. Riot: Awesome to make it calm for yourself while camping.

3. Predator: Imho getting quite weak in higher waves, and needs too much time to launch. However, pretty handy for big enemy groups or early jugs, or choppers.

4. Delta: Hmm, good for quick distraction of the enemy, but they just die fast like hell, even if they have good cover.

I would divide this into 2 sections: The support section and the assault section, because both are essential for high round runs.

For assault I would say air strike is better than a predator missile, for the reasons Tom said. However, some maps like lockdown are tight and airstrikes often hit the buildings instead of the ground. On these maps I prefer predator missiles.

For support I would generally choose the riot squad over the delta squad. The riot shielders can stay alive for seemingly forever if they are in a good spot. They can destroy juggernauts and distract people, saving your life. Delta squads are rarely better, but are cheaper. The only times I choose delta squads are when it's a tight area and there are sentry guns shooting there. The riot shield guys will generally sit in front of the sentry guns and die. I will also say that sleight of hand is always the very first thing I buy.

I forgot to mention that this topic was about survival mode. :lol:

Those are pretty interesting things you guys point out. But isn't $2,500 for an air strike is a little waste for juggernauts?

spending 2500 is nothing when you have about 50,000 points in mid game. We are talking about harder rounds where jugs are mixed with gangs of enemies and dogs. The only option is to make a train (Yes I said train like a zombie train) have one player flash them constantly while you airstrike their ass. :lol: