7 reasons survival cant compete with zombies

Dont get me wrong i dont hate survival (its a blast) it just lacks the longevity that keeps me playing zombies. below are 7 reasons why treyarchs creation blows the compitition out of the stratosphere and Iw/SHG falls a little short of expectations. (sorry this will a multipost)

1. Same old maps. atfirst i thought it was a great idea for the maps to be usable in mp/survival but im not really liking most of the maps in mw3 (dont hate) they are just a bit bland and after playing mp i would kind of like a break from them and to play a different map.

2. ONLY 2-PLAYER??? a big step backwards in my eyes. every game for me is a decision on who will be sitting out (really not fun when its me :cry: ).

3. Buying guns. another idea that sounds great on paper but after unlocking everything (like i have) there is little reason to choose anything other than the best ones. which removes the awesome awesome feeling of randoming up a wave or thundergun. which brings me to my next point.

4. No wonder weapons. okay, okay they may be over powered (expect winters howl or scav on high waves) but they are fun and at the end of the day thats all im playing for

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. No easter eggs??. i know thats more of a treyarch thing but they are greatly missed. surely iw knows they were popular just look at youtube as soon as a new map was released. i have some really fond memories of getting me some eggs. (teddy bears dont count)

6 Perks. a serious step backwards only allowing 1 perk + self revive and has taken a lot of strategy out of it.

7. Noobs. I dont play with randoms anymore i have been team killed too much. plus ppl seem to think that its zombies and if i die i will be back next round. always ends in a premature GAME OVER.

plz dont flame me i am just voicing my opinion and i think it could have been alot better. i know i wont be playing it all year long (like zombies)

Yep. But really, who thought it could ever compete with zombies? BTW, you're forgetting about 2 things: The lack of characters, and no zombies in it.

BTW, this is off topic, but Salad Fingers scares the crap out me :shock:

i was going to a list of 10 but ppl are probably sick of my complaining in this post. i just cant help but feel let down by survival. so much potential. soooo many facepalms

ps: im not nearly as freaky as the green man himself but i do like rusty spoons

I was planning on getting MW3 this Christmas but when I looked at a video on Youtube, I was bored within the first 5 minutes!

Bro, watching and playing are two very different things. I suggest at least renting it. It's fun, hasn't changed too much (It is NOT MW2.5, however), but doesn't mean it isn't fun.

i was going to a list of 10 but ppl are probably sick of my complaining in this post. i just cant help but feel let down by survival. so much potential. soooo many facepalms

It isn't really complaining, you're just pointing out why it couldn't ever compete with zombies. besides, everyone on this site knows zombies is better so it isn't any worry.

Oh gawd... rusty spoons :shock:

Survival mode is very fun and addicting, but there are a few things I want to complain about survival mode. :lol: I don't mean to sound whiny, but I know I'm not the only one who gets bothered by:

- 2 players only. Lame.

- Lack of characters. They should really give them names and personalities. :D

- The ridiculously small amount of time between waves. Just how are you supposed to replenish all of your supplies in 30 seconds? Especially on the larger maps.

- How fast it takes in later waves to lose your body armor.

- Juggernauts make camping strategies useless, which is very annoying. And their health increases through out the waves. Is this really needed? Anyone have strategies on dealing with Juggernauts? please

- Speaking of Juggernauts, you can't even destroy the choppers that bring them in. Even with predator missiles.

It also bothers me how survival mode lacks a story. In the beginning of each mission it is said that the player(s) are unable to be extracted and must survive as long as possible. Players are unable to be extracted. Friendly troops can be delivered to the battlefield with ease. That makes perfect sense. It is also not explained how the playable characters get to [insert mission name here].

I agree with Salad Fingers; survival mode has a lot more potential.

Survival mode is very fun and addicting, but there are a few things I want to complain about survival mode. :lol: I don't mean to sound whiny, but I know I'm not the only one who gets bothered by:

- 2 players only. Lame.

- The ridiculously small amount of time between waves. Just how are you supposed to replenish all of your supplies in 30 seconds? Especially on the larger maps.

- Juggernauts make camping strategies useless, which is very annoying. And their health increases through out the waves. Is this really needed? Anyone have strategies on dealing with Juggernauts? please

- Speaking of Juggernauts, you can't even destroy the choppers that bring them in. Even with predator missiles.

It also bothers me how survival mode lacks a story. In the beginning of each mission it is said that the player(s) are unable to be extracted and must survive as long as possible. Players are unable to be extracted. Friendly troops can be delivered to the battlefield with ease. That makes perfect sense. It is also not explained how the playable characters get to [insert mission name here].

I would like to point out a few things. First of all when zombies first came out in Nacht, did people love it? The answer is not really. Was there a story or characters? No. I think people expected too much out of survival mode.

Second of all, about the strategies for juggernauts there are plenty. But you will have to respond to the post to my poll (sorry I can't get a link on my phone)

- 2 players only. Lame.

I would like to point out a few things. First of all when zombies first came out in Nacht, did people love it? The answer is not really. Was there a story or characters? No. I think people expected too much out of survival mode.

Second of all, about the strategies for juggernauts there are plenty. But you will have to respond to the post to my poll (sorry I can't get a link on my phone)

well i loved nacht and would gladly play that over anything survival has to offer but i can see what your saying probably best not to rule it out before all of the dlc hits. its just it offers pretty similar feeling to combat training in blops but with out the large maps.

I responded to your poll. :lol:

I see your point about people expecting too much out of survival mode. Nacht Der Untoten and Nazi Zombies in general was really unexpected and surprising.

Nazi Zombies eventually started a story, but I don't think survival mode will have a story coming, which kind of bothers me. :?

When i seen the trailers for survival, i thought you'd be able to pilot AC-130's and other killstreaks, not just control predator missiles. I think they should add in some killstreaks, Like AC-130, Assault drone, Precision airstrike, EMP (For helicopter/jug rounds), Remote sentry, Pave lows and other assault ones.

There isnt enough time between waves either, me and a friend were playing on Bakaara on the hardest tier, and were camping right at the back in the builing/house. One was camping at one staircase and one was camping at the other, and we wanted a sentry gun to go in the building incase we ended up getting pushed back. The explosives laptop/shop is at the opposite side of the map (near flag A on domination) It took me around 15-20 seconds to get there, about 5 seconds to buy the turret, and by then the next wave has started.

The time between waves should change depending on which map your on and should be long enough to visit all 3 laptops.

I dont think the people should have personalities and charectoristics, because i think it wouldnt fit in with the game genre? Like with zombies you could easily come up with an intriguing story to draw players in, but with survival a storyline would just be something like campaign?

Dude you have no idea how much I actually love this part of it, it keeps me on my toes the WHOLE GAME, and it's perfected my strafe-run. I can almost always get to all 3 and get what I want right before I start getting shot if I do it right.

Dude you have no idea how much I actually love this part of it, it keeps me on my toes the WHOLE GAME, and it's perfected my strafe-run. I can almost always get to all 3 and get what I want right before I start getting shot if I do it right.

This.

- 2 players only. Lame.

- Speaking of Juggernauts, yo..........etc

Second..............etc

i don't have all day to erase your posts

well i loved nacht and would gladly play that over anything survival has to offer but i can see what your saying probably best not to rule it out before all of the dlc hits. its just it offers pretty similar feeling to combat training in blops but with out the large maps.

this. this is what i thought survival was when i heard about it

combat training + zombies=survival or in other words

infinity wards attempt at making a zombieish like mode,so they could make money just like DE BIGH BRUDER

Same old boring maps?Lol.

There's about 16 survival maps.

How many zombie maps?8, I think

Please stop blinding yourself in your zombie fanboyish ways.

And not every single mini needs a game needs a story, but Infinity ward easily could.

They could throw a random half-arsed story mode with half-arsed characters.

For example:Name:John Mackenzie,Bio:SURVIVED A TRAIN WRECK ZOMG

TL;DR:Survival mode can be as good as zombies,if not better.

/rant

And not every single mini needs a game needs a story, but Infinity ward easily could.

/rant

Bro, all the survival maps play exactly the same, whereas zombie maps have something different in every map. There are also 10 zombie maps plus dead ops. Yes, I think we all understand that a story and characters wouldn't work out here, but the point is, they make the game less interesting.

Also, "fanboyish ways". What are you, in preschool? Dude, most of us already KNEW survival wouldn't be as good as zombies, and it really isn't hard to see, in no way are we being fanboys. Survival in NO way is better than zombies. Doesn't mean it isn't fun, we aren't fanboys bro.

/rant

Bro, all the survival maps play exactly the same, whereas zombie maps have something different in every map. There are also 10 zombie maps plus dead ops. Yes, I think we all understand that a story and characters wouldn't work out here, but the point is, they make the game less interesting.

Also, "fanboyish ways". What are you, in preschool? Dude, most of us already KNEW survival wouldn't be as good as zombies, and it really isn't hard to see, in no way are we being fanboys. Survival in NO way is better than zombies. Doesn't mean it isn't fun, we aren't fanboys bro.

I wasn't calling everybody fanboys.

And the zombie maps don't add new things.

A new perk or a new weapon or new traps doesn't really make a difference,so I wouldn't call anything new.

And not every survival map is the same.

And survival has things such as barracks,buying many different weapons,airstrikes,perks and hiring NPC's.Survival mode surpasses Zombies in content,to say the least.

I wasn't calling everybody fanboys.

And the zombie maps don't add new things.

A new perk or a new weapon or new traps doesn't really make a difference,so I wouldn't call anything new.

And not every survival map is the same.

And survival has things such as barracks,buying many different weapons,airstrikes,perks and hiring NPC's.Survival mode surpasses Zombies in content,to say the least.

New perk/weapon/enemy are new things, and DO affect gameplay (Ex:George, better WWs, addition of juggernog, etc.).

Survival maps are the same in content, maybe not difficulty, but the lack of different content makes it less fun.

Airstrikes and hiring NPCs are the only thing I see as additional content, but traps are kind the same as Airstrikes in a way.

I could go on and on about how zombies is better.

I prefer rusty kettles...

Survival mode is fun at first but quickly gets repetitive and boring, zombies doesn't.

this is how i feel about it too. it was fun at first but i have little desire to go back to it and do better. the whole time with zombies i wanted to improve my game

Start Rampage

It is definitely less repetitive than zombies imho. (except Dead Ops) How are there any ways that it is more repetitive than zombies? Don't get me wrong zombies is great but it does get repetitive if you are going for a high round. You do the same exact loop, train, or whatever for hours on end. Survival gets hard very fast and doesn't take long at all. It's an action packed game that is different every time. Plus if someone goes down you HAVE to revive them. This is possibly one of my favorite parts of the game. Revives are always different and crazy, especially with people shooting at you. Getting shot at makes it super fun, you can't just run far away and be totally safe. For me it does compete with zombies but they are totally different games that shouldn't really be compared together. Plus, survival is in its infancy and zombies has been in the making for 3 years.

End Rampage

The problem with Survival Mode is that it lacks the depth you all miss when comparing it to zombies. Characters; they could have used Sandman and his squad and I would have been happier. They could have used that to flesh out those characters that came out of absolutely nowhere in the campaign. I was actually expecting it on some level when Sandman was left behind with Grinch and Truck in the diamond mine. The survival maps being copy pasta of the multiplayer ones didn't seem quite right. Two players as opposed to four is in the spirit of Spec Ops was okay but Survival Mode is different than the typical "kill this many guys". A lack of wunder waffes and easter eggs is understandable, considering the nature of the game. I clocked in many hours in Survival mode but comparing it to zombies just detracts from its allure and luster making it look lackluster.