What do you want for Dead Ops Arcade 2?

DEFCON 1

Assuming that there is one and I really hope that there is ,what new features, improvements and environments do you want added to it? Here's what I want.

Hidden Radios that tell us more about the origin of the cosmic silverback.

Solo Leaderboards.(If Treyarch doesn't add Solo leaderboards to all map's, this is the one thing that should have it.)

Leveling up system. As you level up you unlock things like increased running speed, longer duration for weapon pick ups and increases your weapons damage.

Choose between First person mode and top down mode. I don't want to seem like one of those people who hates DOA just because it's so much different from the classic zombies mode that we love, but it could get more people to play it and it would add plenty of variety.

Feel free to add to the list. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I wouldn't mind for them to make another one, but I don't think they will. It was generally accepted with like a 50% approval rating. Half didn't like it because there isn't much story, half loved it because it's simple and user friendly

I want 1 of 2 things for Dead Ops Arcade 2.

1. Just have an improved Dead Ops, so maybe a DoA version 1.5. It would be great if it was the same but with all the glitchiness removed.

2. Have the same gameplay but new maps and zombie types.

Maybe they could add both these in as separate games but I don't know. Either way I want them to add in some new features:

1. Be able to choose your color out of maybe 10 colors.

2. New fate options, as well as old, and you can choose what you want. (Still only 1 person per fate)

3. Have the option to play any round you have made it to as practice or for fun, but leaderboards don't count for this.

4. When stealing lives, only give them what they don't have. So if they have 9 nukes it won't give them 3 more.

5. Have 5 or 6 players at once for an extra challenge :)

What I want is a better way of finding the armory/treasure rooms.

I go through the routes that seem to point me towards something good, then BAM! Nothing, I get them out of pure luck, I want a fair shot at getting them, not just random guessing.

There actually is a formula for getting bonus rooms every time. I only know bits and pieces of it but there definitely is. Some people I play with know it and we almost always get bonus rooms if they are paying attention

• 2 weeks later...

the same over the top action with a first person perspective. But i doubt it will return it was a nice little easter egg but not popular enough to be followed up on . Im not fully ruling out the next game being called "dead ops" and being zombies only. As much of a blast as doa i would trade it in a heartbeat for a kino or five easter egg

I hope they make a DeadOps2. I like xFaTaLx RaMpAgE's suggestions. Keep it the same basic game, with a few minor tweaks just to keep it fresh and within the themes of the new zombie campaign.

I'll be honest, I don't play too much DOA. But I love the concept of it. That love I had from playing SmashTV as a kid gets revisited every time.

dont get me wrong i can see the appeal. I just find its a bit shallow the it comes to story elements (which is fine after all its just made to have fun with) other than that its a great editition because its different enough to break up the monotimy of zombies. 150-200 hrs fatal??? Nice going, you sure love your doa. Im not the greatest, me and some friend beat the cosmoback (yes i know thats not what hes called) then my friends connection lagged a few waves later. I like how intense it gets and the fact that you can take a break between, i hope vanilla zombies takes that and adds a ready up button between round atleast in unranked games.

This isn't meant to offend anyone at all, but I honestly don't see why so many people want every single zombie map to have to do with the story. DOA was just a fun bonus mode, and if people claim that Treyarch should have devoted resources to another zombie maps instead of DOA, honestly, it's probably easier to make DOA than a zombie map, so just accept it as a bonus mode and don't think about the fact that it doesn't have any relevance to the story line. I just took it as a break and never took it seriously, I just played it for fun.

The Panda's Out...

• 1 month later...

1. More than anything, I want to be able to successfully complete at least fifty percent of my DOA games. Servers drop all the time and most games I play end prematurely because of this.

2. Stolen lives are a frustrating aspect of DOA. The player whose life is stolen should actually have a choice in the matter of whether or not he/she gives a life away. For example, noob 1 dies but has 0 lives to begin with, but instead of simply stealing a life, whoever has the most lives gets the choice of donating a life by pressing the A button. Text below your player's multiplier bar would say "Press A button to give life" and then a timer for 10 or 15 seconds ticks down. If you don't hit the A button within the time limit you save your life and noob 1 is forced to revive. As has been mentioned in a previous post, players should not receive nukes when they have 9 already. In fact, imagine my "press A to give life" is the actual system. Once I hit A to donate noob 1 a life, I then can choose between chopper, tank, nukes, or boosts by selecting A, B, X, or Y (or PS shapes). This system is rewarding to those who deserve reward the most: the best players within a given game who are undoubtedly the strongest link in the chain.

3. I want more boss fights.

4. Fix frustrating glitches like teddy bear deaths, unbelievable bites from immortal ninja dogs, spawn off map when tank leaves on portal, etc. I have several more examples of glitches and shoddy hit detection that takes away from the enjoyment of the game. DOA is challenging and I love that. However, I only appreciate a fair challenge and when I'm consistently getting screwed by faults in the programming, I'm only frustrated.

5. Level the playing field with the wolves. Seriously. Take it down a notch. Seriously. The wolves are a true challenge, which I like, but they are ridiculous at times. The dogs are a great example of shoddy hit detection in terms of both shooting them and getting bit by them.

6. Allow players to choose their color and fate. Make these options available from the beginning or make this feature unlockable by achieving a certain high round.

7. I'll make this next point by using an example of how this idea would apply to DOA 1. When you play DOA, you always start at round 1. Even after beating the Cosmic Silverback, you always start at round one. This makes sense to me. However, I would like to unlock the option to practice round 40 or begin at round 41 based on my accomplishment of beating the initial 40 rounds. This would be considered bonus mode and have no bearing on high scores/rounds or anything related to leaderboards. After beating round 80, I want to be able to practice round 80 for fun or simply start the game in bonus mode on round 81 so I don't have to play for 8 hours to get there, which brings me to....

8. Make the game shorter. A lot shorter. Over twelve hours is required to make it to high 90's. That's ridiculous. Increase the difficulty of the game from the get-go so that DOA 2's round 50 is equivalent to DOA 1's round 100. The game becomes even more action-packed and takes half the time to play. To put another way, round 41-80 should actually be round 1-40.

9. Just to reiterate, fix the glitches. DOA is awesome. It doesn't have to try hard because it excels so simply at what it is. Don't complicate things. Don't make us sit through a stupid story about the origin of the Cosmic Silverback. Anyone who needs a story to enjoy an arcade game seriously lacks an imagination. Keep dead ops fast paced, action packed, and a blast to play with friends. In the end, all I'd really like is new maps, less game-breaking glitches, and better servers.

I'll post more later. Thanks for reading.

I completely agree with everything you just said. The dogs are ridiculous, I mean you should at least get points when you kill them! I guess killing them is reward enough...? :lol:

But it really is going to buy me that I don't know who you are. Are you on Xbox or ps3? You obviously know your stuff with Dead Ops, so how far have you been? Sorry for all the questions but you are the first person on here besides me who actually knows a lot about Dead Ops.

More needed changes for dead ops 2:

* Many are annoyed by not being able to see the entire map unless players are completely spread apart. Common ideas include zooming out on the map view or shrinking the map size. I completely disagree with shrinking map sizes. I'm of the opinion that the camera view be zoomed out more to enable players to see the whole map. Limited views in DOA 1 serve to trap the player since they can't see zombies spawning from the door to which they are retreating. Solution: Simply zoom the top-down view back more so we see more.

* When people resurrect they have a force field. This works great; please don't change it. The short yellow force field players get when exiting a vehicle is also great; please keep that too. My issue is the lack of short yellow force field with speed boosts. Over and over again I am the victim of dog bites HALFWAY through my boost- total bs. Other times I boost to escape zombies and die because I boosted through an electric pole- also total bs. Solution: Give the player a short yellow force field when boosting.

* Leaderboards recording over round 99. This may also apply to 1st person zombies, but I don't play boring zombie games.

Oh my gosh you nailed it with the boost thing. That drives me insane because when you drop a nuke you are invincible for a short while, although you don't get rings, but boosts are so unreliable. I also think that when you boost you should keep going until you get to the edge of the map, so you don't end up in the middle of the map or getting stuck on a teammate.

The leaderboards stop at 99 to prevent hacking and glitching, IMHO. Putting your game up on YouTube is almost as good, but obviously not the same. I also think that they should count solo dead ops for the round leaderboards, because it is harder than co-op. Score would be unfair to count though because in solo you get all the gold and kills.

The two main problems I have are the dogs and the teddy bears. The teddy bears aren't all that bad if you are death machine and sitting in a corner, but when you are running feet it makes for a living hell. There is a reason many people call them teddy deaths.

The dogs are just way overpowered. I could swear to you that they wait for you to run by a door before they come out to bite you. They also always seem to come at the worst possible times. Also as Fatal said you should at least get points for killing them.

Well ninjas and Bill, you guys will both like this little description I wrote about the effects of the teddy bear a little while back. Enjoy :)

I will now describe the effects of the teddy bear from Dead Ops in great detail with 12 steps.

1. You are playing with a friend and are both down to your final life.

2. A teddy bear spawns, and you think ooh I need that so it can save my life.

3. You receive a shiny blue forcefield.

4. When zombies touch it, they make butterflies

5. Zombies become scared (of the butterflies?) and run back to their spawn

6. Some zombies don't have spawns=Programming error. Some types just sit there waving there arms around waiting for you to run by so they can kill you.

7. You then happen to pick up a flamethrower, what are you supposed to do???

8. You run by a flaming zombie standing in one spot hiding in the shadows

9. You die and lose your times 9 multiplier.

10. Your partner then experiences the most intense wave of cursing imaginable.

11. Your partner then gets distracted by your swearing that he dies.

12. Game over, you lost because you picked up that all-powerful teddy bear.

So why does the teddy bear give you those powers? Judging by the description above I'm pretty sure that the creators of Dead Ops were high when they made it, I mean really? Really? Come on, Really? A blue forcefield that scares zombies by creating butterflies making them run away and you run into a zombie standing still in the shadows that you can't even see and die and start swearing like a sailor causing your teammate to become distracted and die which makes you lose. (Try saying that in one breath. :lol: ) Game Over. Okay he might not have been high, but he was at least having a bad day.

Well considering this is pretty much all I play when it comes to Black Ops and I've written a strategy guide of my own on this gem of a game, I feel inclined to comment here :D

1. Give the option to allow or disallow stealing of lives. I personally don't mind when it happens, but a lot of players would prefer to have weaker players sit out a round (or 90 seconds) while the rest of the team mops up the mess the other player left behind.

2. Like others have stated, I think Solo leaderboards should be added. It gives a better idea of who is actually a good player and who gets their asses carried to the higher rounds.

3. Fix the game crashing glitches (ie bird+flamethrower in high rounds, carrying a tank over a portal, G-Spawn, etc)

• 4 weeks later...

I want Dead Ops 2 to NOT EXIST. DOA is SHIT. Unless there is 3 OTHER, NORMAL, FIRST PERSON MAPS THAT PLAY LIKE NORMAL MAPS, THEN DEAD OPS 2 SHOULD NOT EXIST. EVER. Sorry for caps, but it was needed to get the point across that DOA was bad. It didn't fit right. Didn't like it.

Wow that was a bit harsh that is actually other peoples hard work if you like it or not

Im not having a go and everyone should have there own opinon of things and work things out for themselves but comparing it to fæx is pushing it bit far

Its not a gamemode im interested in as i have no Nostalgia for that POV although i did enjoy it once and i know others do

Amazing how a POV can change the interest of a game

I want Dead Ops 2 to NOT EXIST. DOA is SHIT. Unless there is 3 OTHER, NORMAL, FIRST PERSON MAPS THAT PLAY LIKE NORMAL MAPS, THEN DEAD OPS 2 SHOULD NOT EXIST. EVER. Sorry for caps, but it was needed to get the point across that DOA was bad. It didn't fit right. Didn't like it.

Wow that was a bit harsh that is actually other peoples hard work if you like it or not

Im not having a go and everyone should have there own opinon of things and work things out for themselves but comparing it to fæx is pushing it bit far

Its not a gamemode im interested in as i have no Nostalgia for that POV although i did enjoy it once and i know others do

Amazing how a POV can change the interest of a game

I know its other peoples work. I am just saying it does not fit into Call of Duty, whether you like it or not. Call of Duty is a First Person Shooter. Not a Smash TV-esque Top-Down shooter. And it definitely doesnt fit into Zombies. I know it is someones work, I know that more than you do. I am simply saying they should have used their time to make another First Person map, rather than this crap. It would be fun if I went out and bought a game for that style. But I bought a First Person Shooter. Not a Top-Down Smash TV clone. It did not fit into the game. You cannot justify its existence in a First Person game like Call of Duty.