Anyone already bored of MW3?

Daveyjone

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I take back what I said about MW3 not having flaws. Right now I see only three major flaws:

1. Bad spawn system

2. Only being able to play on local

3. killstreaks being completely useless

1. Every multiplayer game that I have played has bad spawns/spawn killing. It isn't just MW3 it's a part of multiplayer games. It's just something you have to get used to and expect. Or play Search and Destroy ;)

2. People I play with aren't local.

3. Pretty much all the killstreaks are good. You just have to know how to use it and it's strengths and weaknesses. The reaper can be devastating and the assault drone destroys from my experience with it. But different killstreaks are good in different maps and gametypes.

I don't think MW3 is boring in the slightest. I just think that people don't like it because someone else said they thought it sucked so it rubbed off on them. All my IRL friends think it is great, and so do all my other friends on xbox.

Ok I take back what I said about MW3 not having flaws. Right now I see only three major flaws:

1. Bad spawn system

2. Only being able to play on local

3. killstreaks being completely useless

1. Every multiplayer game that I have played has bad spawns/spawn killing. It isn't just MW3 it's a part of multiplayer games. It's just something you have to get used to and expect. Or play Search and Destroy ;)

2. People I play with aren't local.

3. Pretty much all the killstreaks are good. You just have to know how to use it and it's strengths and weaknesses. The reaper can be devastating and the assault drone destroys from my experience with it. But different killstreaks are good in different maps and gametypes.

I don't think MW3 is boring in the slightest. I just think that people don't like it because someone else said they thought it sucked so it rubbed off on them. All my IRL friends think it is great, and so do all my other friends on xbox.

Neither do I, infact I think it's a very good game. But for me, those three major flaws still stand.

I think if we stop analyzing the game like it's Victorian Era literature, then we can enjoy it for what it is, a game! There will always be flaws with a Multiplayer game, but credit Infinity Ward for taking out a lot of the bullshit in previous games. The biggest issue is the spawn system and I have a feeling they will fix it sooner or later.

[brains] to that ^^. Spawning is a problem on every game though. I remember seeing people as they spawn and killing them in black ops. That said the same thing has already happened to me once in MW3. Pretty much the whole team spawned in front of me and raped me :lol: , I think I managed to kill 1 or to of them though.

EDIT: I must spread rep somewhere else first

Week 1, didn't buy it but my brother rented it so I tried it out, I was somewhat having fun

Week 2, My brother gave me the hardened edition, getting close to first prestige and I've been getting inraged with this game, finished the campaign and disliked it cause soap died, why kill the main character when its not over yet

Week 3, I'm first prestige and all that happens is me getting inreged and people running around with there gay type 95's and acr's

I'm just not having fun.. I'll play it but just because its the newest cod..

The games I'll play now is black ops, WaW, BF3, Skyrim, TF2, and halo

What we need is a CoD game that focuses on the campaign, by that I mean ideas like:

- Long campaign, no not a 3-hour-to-complete-on-veteran-one! :D

- A campaign you can play over and over with new results, i.e. less cinematic scripting, but more like CoD 5's changable endings, like Roebuck or Polonsky dying. Wider maps with multi-paths and choices also create this.

- A co-op campaign mode. Incentive? Xp. Grants xp to survival/spec ops, or even multiplayer. Or zombies :shock:

- Campagin modes but with spec ops twist, i.e. with aims instead and without scripted bits and main characters (i.e. a beachead mission could be secure the bunker at the top)

i kinda like the support package i dont use it much (maybe after a few beers)but the game its self it needs some serious patching but thats hardly a new thing for cod the problem with rushing development of the games is they are rarely even completed when they are released. after blops 2 activision should take a year or two off or atleast let sledgehammer make their own so its longer than 2 years between treyarch/ IW games.

ps. Also public betas are a great way to iron out any problems and get community feedback before release yet activision shroud the games in mystery only allowing you to see what they want you to see yet hyping it up to the point where everyone thinks it is going to be the best game ever. the problem with this is it dissapoints half of the fan base every time

• 1 month later...

MW3 is so stale already. Just downloaded the new maps and I have zero interest in playing the game. The amount of BS in the game is unreal. I've never played a COD where I consistently see the other players killcam in my killcam. Just isn't a fun game to mess around and have fun in.

IW tried to hard to make it a competitive game and they forgot that games are supposed to be fun too. Survival is stupid. It's 10+ maps of the exact same thing, nothing special to each map. IW doesn't add the little special things in their game that Treyarch does. (RC Car holes around the map for instance) MW2.5

I agree, MW3 didn't have enough new features to keep it fresh. Black ops had wager matches, cod points, zombies, combat training, interactive maps, theater mode, the equipment slot, split screen online play, objective based stats in the scoreboard (captures/defends etc).

MW3 brought strike chains, removed equipment slot, removed objective stats in the scoreboard, removed cod points/wager matches (they made wager match modes private match only) removed interactive maps, removed combat training and brought back kills from killstreaks counting towards another killstreak. So i agree with the MW3 is just a MW2.5

• 1 month later...

SHUT UP!!!

Ok now that everyone's listening let's all agree on 1 thing:

MW3 IS A PIECE OF CRAP THAT WAS PEDALED TO LITTLE KIDS AND RAGERS. THE GUNS SUCK, THE GUNS IN MWII WERE AMAZING. THE PERKS ARE HOPLESSELY OP, IT'S LIKE PLAYING TF2. THE KILLSTREAKS ARE SO SHITTY THAT I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN THEM.

Black ops is also way more relaxed, mw3 (and 2) were stressful, competitive, and overly dramatic with everyone in the game trying to get to the next level so they can get closer to their dream weapon. I'm done.

SHUT UP!!!

MW3 IS A PIECE OF CRAP THAT WAS PEDALED TO LITTLE KIDS AND RAGERS. THE GUNS SUCK, THE GUNS IN MWII WERE AMAZING. THE PERKS ARE HOPLESSELY OP, IT'S LIKE PLAYING TF2. THE KILLSTREAKS ARE SO SHITTY THAT I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN THEM.

Black ops is also way more relaxed, mw3 (and 2) were stressful, competitive, and overly dramatic with everyone in the game trying to get to the next level so they can get closer to their dream weapon. I'm done.

Woah, whats with the TF2 hate! But I agree with everything else :D

I hated the game before it came out.

It IS a rehash of MW2, and it has virtually no originality.

Survival Mode was another horde mode, it attract the Zombies fans.

Multiplayer was... the same. No difference. Different guns and attachments, but the only good thing is the community playlists.

Campaign was... dull. Boring. Same base plot: Stop the bad guy. Sure, it wrapped up an incredibly boring storyline, so that's good, but the missions seemed dull. No "edge" like Black ops.

Needless to say, many people at my school have already abandoned the game, and bought BF3: The amazing FPS of 2011.

I WILL be looking forward to BO2, but will not be purchasing another developers CoD game. Treyarch all the way! :lol:

SHUT UP!!!

TF2 was one of the best FPS games ever created... smh. :(