My 4 Most Hated Type of Zombie players

Another type of player I encountered today and have done in the past; the door opener.

The type that opens every door in sight at the start of the game. I was playing Ascension when I bumped into this guy today so that was pretty lucky, not necessarily a dangerous thing and more of a positive thing. But in the past I've encountered them on maps like FIVE in which it's best to keep barricades closed until certain rounds to make for safe camping places.

Oh, I am so guilty of that one lol. I open all doors I see, whenever I have the points, regardles (unless specifically directed otherwise) Unless its someone on FIVE trying to tell me to keep a door in the labs shut. Cuz that just isnt gonna happen.

Well, if you keep a door/barricade closed when instructed to do so then it's never a problem. Just hate it when you ask people to keep something closed for the sake of good strategy and they completely ignore you, even after you explain WHY you want to keep it closed, for example the upper floor in the War Room on FIVE - 4 players and only 4 windows makes things very easy, plus MP5/PM63 ammo on tap. I normally say stay here until the end of round 9 and leave a crawler to go get the power on, use the box, get perks etc. but some people don't feel like they can survive past round 5 without using the box :lol:

'Lackeys' are annoying - they die out, they spectate you, then stck up your ass and try to run your train with you which of course doesn't work too well, so I let them go down, take the zombies away, then come back for them and warn them to go somewhere else. If they still stick around then I'll let them die out upon their next down. I guess 'copycat failures' are the same thing.

The braggers are always annoying, always the types to call people 'noobs' sometimes it's warranted but it's pointless at the same time. As for bragging, never a good thing to do. If you're having a bad day play-wise then you'll justy make yourself look disillusioned :lol:

Crawler whores... leaving crawlers is sensible, but within limits. The ones that leave crawlers every single round while they chase the box and spam it for the Ray Gun or whatever make me leave a game, I don't wanna spend 6 hours getting to round 30 when it can easily be done in about half that time. But on the other hand it's definately a wise move to leave crawlers when it comes to getting the power on and getting perks/weapons at the start of a game, sometimes a dumb move to do these sorts of things mid-round depending on the map. It's always the guys at the start of the game who spam the box or go for perks mid-round that end up going down and dieing out cuz I can't get to them. Once you've got some sort of defensive weapon, then you can do things like this mid-round, again depending on the map and the location of the box too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawler whores... leaving crawlers is sensible, but within limits. The ones that leave crawlers every single round while they chase the box and spam it for the Ray Gun or whatever make me leave a game, I don't wanna spend 6 hours getting to round 30 when it can easily be done in about half that time. But on the other hand it's definately a wise move to leave crawlers when it comes to getting the power on and getting perks/weapons at the start of a game, sometimes a dumb move to do these sorts of things mid-round depending on the map. It's always the guys at the start of the game who spam the box or go for perks mid-round that end up going down and dieing out cuz I can't get to them. Once you've got some sort of defensive weapon, then you can do things like this mid-round, again depending on the map and the location of the box too.

I have never ever had to leave a crawler to turn on the power. Its just never happened. Usually once I get any type of wall gun I consider it safe to go get perks Mid-Round. Its just kinda the way I play. Unless its Moon or Shangri-La, my most used perks and the Pack a Punch are just another brief stop in my path. I Put a Lot of (And at the same time, very little) thinking into Zombies. you just have to know where you want to go, what you plan to do there, how long you expect to be there, and the best way to escape. I take the Box into consideration too. I Box whore a lot, but in a different way. I use it once or twice per-round while I am running. It gets done what needs to be, leaves the box open for anyone to come use afterwords, and doesnt extend the game time beyond what it needs to be. Expect the Best, Prepare for the worst.

I always thought this was the best way to play, because I've only ever had any fun playing zombies this way. Just doesnt feel right to have a big empty map with nothing to kill. If someone NEEDS a crawler to upgrade, Buy a gun, get a perk, the least they can do is make it fast.

As for the Copycat Failure thing, I didnt tie it too much with Lackeys, because Lackeys always seem to follow me just because I am doing good, or running by the Box, or something like that. The Copycat people see you doing something new that they havent seen before, and Immediately try to do it perfectly the first time, only to inevitably fail and bring the team down. Its really more specific to FIVE, because it seems like the Basement strategy is the least-known train routines there is.

I hate it when people follow me(lackeys).

Cause I can't protect everyone at the same time without a explosive weapon or a wonder weapon.

Plus I try staying away from teammates anyways and when they come into my hall way on der riese it is a death trap cause I will not open jug for them if they get down. I'll throw a monkey so they can run and get jug or to the other teammates but that's it

Cause I can't protect everyone at the same time without a explosive weapon or a wonder weapon.

Plus I try staying away from teammates anyways and when they come into my hall way on der riese it is a death trap cause I will not open jug for them if they get down. I'll throw a monkey so they can run and get jug or to the other teammates but that's it

Dont play Der Riese with me then lol. Thats one of those doors I always end up opening for some reason or another (sometimes not even a reason. I'll just have some extra points and I'll open it). I wont if someone's gonna be a bitch about it though. I'd rather keep a door shut than listen to people complaining about it.

If I got someone following me relentlessly, I'll usually find a way to trap them in a room with a horde. Best done by leading the person in a long, complex route around the map, not killing anything untill you get into a small room, then you U-Turn and run past the train, which bunches them up in the room's exit. If you are quick enough, the horde will bunch up following you, lose track of you, and turn around, overwhelming and killing the Lackey on your tail. Doesnt work every time, and If you know its coming, its easy to avoid (if you are the "lackey" in question)

Dont play Der Riese with me then lol. Thats one of those doors I always end up opening for some reason or another (sometimes not even a reason. I'll just have some extra points and I'll open it). Long as you're not talking about the pump action shot gun hall which also has the door way to

Mp40 room than we're ok lol. If you're good you can come in the hall, it's

Normally bad players I want to stay out!

Yeah, I was talking about that one. The Debris to Bouncing Betties. I use that doorway sometimes. Not all the time, I usually just stick to the Thompson side, but I switch it up depending on player placement. I keep tabs on my partners all the time (since they usually just stay in one room) To make sure I dont collide with them on my routes (I go from room to room, never stopping unless I wanna mow down the followers, or I have to turn around and leave the way I came.)

Usually, if I know someone is camping in that hallway, I'll Shock-Trap my Train, just incase they arent prepared, then I either dip out the top, or go teleport by the MP40. Sometimes if someone is in that hallway, I might just run in, train behind me, and have to U-turn and run out because I dont wanna get in anyone's way. A lot of people think when I run into their train spots, stop, turn around and run, its because I am trying to steal their kills or something, but nah, I am just keeping a distance from my teammates. I really hate it when my entire team are all posting in spots that block off the Room-to-Room routes through the maps.

I've noticed I'm a less aggressive version of Number three. Instead of just telling people what to do, I say some thing like "Hey guys, I've got a strategy I want to try out, are you guys interested" while I'm in the lobby. Personally, I don't like the people without mics that don't pay attention to what you're saying. It gets hard when your trying to tell the guy to look out, or not to steal your kills, or not to get in the way of you train, etc. Also, it get's annoying playing with guys who are like seven years old. My friend is in early-mid teens like me. He used voice changer on his turtle beach to make his voice really high, and I swear I couldn't tell the difference between him and this kid who sounded like Woody the Woodpecker. Also, they can get really annoying when they start whining whenever they go down. The hog the box trying to get the ray gun, and if someone else gets it they scream in agony. This really gets annoying.

The tactically inept impatient friend.

I'm sure we all have friends who are superb players but have no tactical nous, or no patience for any strategy. These people can kite the shit out of most anywhere, but that's about it.

Example - playing Der Riese with my friend, it's his first time Co-op. We have camped until round 20 or so, it's now round 25 and I'm at the power, he is at the STG. I have Waffe, M&S and HK, he has STG, PAPed crossbow and ray gun.

He had got the crossbow and ray gun at the end of the last round, for ''extra protection'' as he put it.

He started getting impatient so spent most of round 25 throwing grenades at my hoard. This was just ok.

Round 26 I'm noticing that my hoard keep becoming distracted....he is firing crossbow bolts in my area to "help me" with my hoarding. He would also randomly run out firing a crossbow and then ray gun like crazy. We lasted until 30 before eventually I was overwhelmed by mass crawlers and confused zombies!

Anyone else playing with I wouldn't have put up with it, but he's my best mate and we were just having a laugh.

I play without my Mic a lot. Sometimes I just dont wanna use it, or I am with friends and just dont want to annoy the players with the babble I have with friends. I still listen to what people say. I always try to do something to make sure they know I can hear them.

When I play with people with no mics, I always say "If you can hear me, Jump Twice!" Funny story. My friend ALWAYS says this when he is games with no mics. The ONE time I joined a game with him and didnt have my mic (broken), he DIDNT ask it. I spent like 10 minutes jumping in the guy's face trying to tell him I can hear him.

I guess my methods of letting people know I hear them are open to enterpritation. Knifing someone to tell them you can hear them is probobly not the best option (can be excued as "harassing" them or some BS like that). I wish the "jump Twice" thing was Universal. It would make things a LOT easier than taking a shot in the dark.

I'm not much of a team player though (unless Coordinating with Friends on Moon) So I dont communicate much, but I still show respect for my fellow teammates and stay out of their way/support their strategy/whatever.

I hate playing with kids though. They scream and fight too much. I've quit so many good games just because 2 kids wont stop bitching at eachother about some random bull that wasnt of any relivence to anything! The one instance I still remember was some racial BS. This was only one kid in the wrong though (He was RACIST!) I left and invited the other kid to a party and we merced on some zombies. Some kids are alright. This one was. The racist wasnt. (Gotta admit, the fight was pretty damn funny lol. The racist kid just kept making a fool of himself, and we just laughed at him, which made him even more angry and made a BIGGER fool of himself :lol: .)

I have also played with the "IMpatient friend" type. You know them well, you know they can do alright, but then they start to screw you up and you cant really get mad at em, cuz their not just some random guy, its your friend. AFter Round 30 on Moon, my friend started to go down a crapload of times, accidentally steal my trains, or step on a launcher by mistake and screw us both up. I didnt get mad at him though, Everyone has off times. I just guided him to Jugg, then let him have the dome for himself and developed a new strategy.

The tactically inept impatient friend.

I'm sure we all have friends who are superb players but have no tactical nous, or no patience for any strategy. These people can kite the shit out of most anywhere, but that's about it.

Example - playing Der Riese with my friend, it's his first time Co-op. We have camped until round 20 or so, it's now round 25 and I'm at the power, he is at the STG. I have Waffe, M&S and HK, he has STG, PAPed crossbow and ray gun.

He had got the crossbow and ray gun at the end of the last round, for ''extra protection'' as he put it.

He started getting impatient so spent most of round 25 throwing grenades at my hoard. This was just ok.

Round 26 I'm noticing that my hoard keep becoming distracted....he is firing crossbow bolts in my area to "help me" with my hoarding. He would also randomly run out firing a crossbow and then ray gun like crazy. We lasted until 30 before eventually I was overwhelmed by mass crawlers and confused zombies!

Anyone else playing with I wouldn't have put up with it, but he's my best mate and we were just having a laugh.

I think people messing with my trains in any way is the most annoying thing in this game for me :lol: Especially when they make crawlers everywhere, possibly the most dangerous thing as they always catch you unaware and you often get stuck on them and can't just walk round them like you can do with normal zombies.

• 4 months later...

Just found this piece and enjoyed it.

Well said. But I think most players fall under the four in the beginning until YOU initiate some sort of team effort. I have played with some and either turned them or discovered they are not as selfish as first appeared. Not saying always, but has been in the past.

I wish you were on XBox Live. Be some fun to play together. Maybe someday soon I'll have both. This thread was my hello to this Forum. Been glad to find it since it happened. From Super to Tom to Chopper to Edjucated to Way, it has been a great place to find. Back on live within the week. Hoping to meet up with people and play.

This is the best Zombies site on the Net. Somebody has to run those trains.

Random are tough, as many of us have expressed. But sometimes someone must take the first step. I always try to carry myself in a presentable form, this from many years of team sports. CODZ are no different, we are all judged by our actions, I think the mature gamers ought to carry themselves better, to set better examples, for the younger players.

Another type of player I encountered today and have done in the past; the door opener.

The type that opens every door in sight at the start of the game. I was playing Ascension when I bumped into this guy today so that was pretty lucky, not necessarily a dangerous thing and more of a positive thing. But in the past I've encountered them on maps like FIVE in which it's best to keep barricades closed until certain rounds to make for safe camping places.

Oh, I am so guilty of that one lol. I open all doors I see, whenever I have the points, regardles (unless specifically directed otherwise) Unless its someone on FIVE trying to tell me to keep a door in the labs shut. Cuz that just isnt gonna happen.

1) LACKEYS: Zombie players I hate the most, are what I call, "Lackeys". People who will see someone doing good in a game, and just follow them everywhere, doing what they do, trying to stick to them like glue and usually take a bunch of kills. Thinking about it, does this ever occure to kiters or campers? I can understand how they would try to follow someone who never stays in one room for more than 15 seconds, but not someone staying in one place or going in circles. I'll usually try to sabotage these people somewhere during my voyage around the map. I always go back and revive them, but it teaches them a lesson in staying off my back.

2) COPYCAT FAILURES: This one, for me, is FIVE specific, A friend and I always play online on FIVE, and we like to stay in the basement. It just really REALLY blows when the 2 other people we play with come down and try to mime our strategy, and just die miserably. You revive them, they die instantly, and then again, and again and again and again! Eventually your at the point where you just order them out of the basement so they dont die anymore, or stop reviving them. I bet this happens on other maps often, but none for me more than FIVE.

3) CRAWLER WHORES: I hate those people too. The people who make a crawler every single effin round and spend waaaaay too long trying to get a good gun or something. Ya dont really need em! I know some people here may frown on me for this, but if a zombie flow ends, and the round doesnt, its time to go Crawler hunting. If someone rage quits because you killed a crawler, than they are just losers anyway.

4) ATTENTION HUNGRY BRAGGERS: People who think they're the shit. I ran into a few of these people. People who go on and on gloating about how far they can get, and how they never ever go down. Its the funniest thing, when they die, you revive them, and they die again lol. I've had so many of these people quit for giving them shit about it. I dont try to be a dick about it, but its just so much fun XD especially if they were jerks first.

WEll those are my 4. Thank you.

Just...this. That is all. Every one of the ones you said are the type of people I notice, and hate. The 5 the OP posted I've never had a problem with, your 4 however is damn near every game.

i hear this loud and clear. theres some real dumbasses on zombies ruining the game for respectful players who just want a decent match.

thing that pisses me off the most is the amount of idiots using their headsets. gotta ask yourself how many people actually use their headsets on live to do anything other than talk shit, and yeah even on zombies. espicially the doucebags that expect you to do as they say , like trying to make you open doors and shit when the situation isn't nessecary. they'll talk like they know it all and you're just sitting there thinking how much stupider can this person get.

i've also learnt to just quit imeditatly if i hear some kid on the mic. because 99% of the time its exactly what you'd expect, screaming and screeching down the mic the entire time, and muting isn't an option once you know who you're playing with. too many people shouldn't be allowed a mic

I usually encounter one of those almost every game, either a Know-It-All or a "Rape Train" Grenade thrower/ruiner. I'll be running a train and they'll either run through it and take it there selves and i'll have like 3 zombies left or they'll chuck grenades over and take all my kills.

Gets REALLY annoying.

Sometimes when someones running a train, i'll ask them FIRST and get their permission but, i don't throw grenades or take the train. I'll camp aside, WITH THEIR PERMISSSION, and shoot the zombies feet but not kill them, just getting hitmarkers. Good strategy for Huge amount of points. And they can also, of course, kill them.

Wanna play together?

Add: jamienewman3

Kino: 26

Ascension: 32

COTD: 16

Shangri La: 14???

Moon: 19

The one thing I find to be the most irritating is how mean older/more experienced players can be to newcomers. You can't expect someone who just picked up the game to automatically already know everything about how to successfully play a match of zombies. Sure I won't be too enthusiastic about playing with people who have only gotten to round 5 or so, but I'll be more than willing to help them by giving them any kind of tip or piece of advice so that they can become a better zombie player themselves.

Also, I do find box hogs to be really annoying, especially when I'm down and someone picks up a fire sale (which usually results in the end of the game anyways) and completely disregard the other players to spam the box.

Killstealers

Players who board others windows for zero points at the start

It may sound petty but the simple way to start zombies is collect all your

board points before the zombies breach

That way they are easy to kill if you have an open window

at the start of the round

It takes more time at first but the rounds leading up to opening a door go

quicker and you get all the window points and drops

Theres the odd time the zombies wont spawn at a window for 2-3 rounds

but you can sort that out with teamwork to balance points

This may sound basic but i dont see it used that much

I use it as a test if the square peg goes in the round hole i chill and think

of a crazy place to run or a practice with a a gun i dont normally use

To be honest im not a great zombie player so this attitude might be

wrong what do you think?

• 1 year later...

2 examples here.

The hoarder.

First time playing MOTD online with a friend of mine. He had at least 7000 points by round 6 and I had to open all the doors, sure I'm generous with doors but this was ridiculous.

The stupid camper.

We all camp at one point but this was stupid...

Me and one other guy he was new to zombies. I wanted to help him get used to it but his idea was that the electric door at wardens office was the best place to stay and he stayed there no matter how many times he went down, by the end he had went down in that slot a grand total of 11 times! We only made it to round 7 and I died in the tunnels with him still in the office with his RPG.

The aggressive downer.

Talks the talk, cannot walk the walk. As soon as they go down they start with the;

* "you HAVE to revive me 'coz I've got the RAYGUN"

* "if you'd been covering me I wouldn't have gone down"

* "I lost jug 'coz you made me down"

Stupid. Angry. No skills. You know the type!

Instead of my ost hated players here are some of my favorite ones! :D

The Medic:

This guy wants nothing more then to help: Revive, open doors, unlock perks and benches, he has NO hording irks about him: Help your team and if you die early it's because they wernt strong enough.... I tend to be this type of player...

The awsome:

Plays to have fun, doesn't care about ranks, only if your annoying... Frequently covers the medic while he revives a downed player... Best to have more of these...

The solution:

Likes to build everything, get his perks and GET STUFF DONE! Much like the medic, he will waist no time one buying doors...

The chooser:

Constantly throughout zombies we have had one problem frequently: Who gets what?

First it was the wunder waffe in COTD, then the stone in Shangri la, the hacker on moon (one guy had to be with a PES Just in case), the multiple peices on tranzit, the seliquifier on die rise, and the extra blunder gat on MOTD...

Basicly this guy determines the most fair way to decide who gets what: Highest kills gets the -----, Lowest downs gets ----

First person to gain: This Weapon: Gets the ----, and decides quite fairly...

The noob:

Noobs arnt always bad, infact they're quite entertaining: Yes they screw things up because they don't know what they're doing, but on the other hand it's 2X as fun to explain to someone why they're doing what they're doing then it is to sit there and have everyone know what you're going to do and when... The key is to make sure the noob isn't a whiny six year old who claims to have a model girlfreind and is quote "jacked"...

Now for those that I LOATH! :evil:

The welfare abuser:

The ultimate freeloader, takes YOUR work that YOU'VE been working towards, and takes it all for himself... In tranzit (I don't know why you would care but) he takes the jet gun, in die rise the seliquifier, in MOTD he takes your blunder gat, your plane, and your happiness...

He always does this the same way: He keeps one little bit of the puzzle to himself, say the wires from the jet gun, the Handel to the seliquifier, the sheets to the plane, and the blunder gat is the worst: In every given game it is LAW that one person should have the Blundergat from the box before someone picks it up from the table... But chances are, this douche wont wait and just grab it while everyone else is fighting for their lives... No mater what EVERYONE else has said...

Normally is seen without a mic...

The "Pro":

We've all seen THIS guy...

Say you have four marks on your normal skulls because hay, you can't play that offten... But your good...

He walks in with his shotguns (or even just blue eyes normal skull) and says:

ooooohhh.... Ssshhhhh.... Yeah ok, I DON'T feel like playing with noobs... I'm checking out your channel (Wtf? It hasn't even loaded in for you yet!) And you're not that good... ( A set of 4 three hour games is NOT bad!) Look I'm finding it hard to find anyone so... Yeah ok I'll play with you... I'll take you under my wing...

Then he proceeds to get down (twice) because he didnt know the Acidgat had splash damage... :roll:

He then fails at building the tramplesteam, to know when the bus leaves, to realize I went down because I have tombstone and I want all perks, to know that the perks will cause you to go prone if they land near you, and that EMPing the box causes your hammer to disapear....

We all hate this guy...

And my personal most hated jerk:

The high-off-his mass, group...

Normally a split screener, will say: Yeah, Ill help you with the Easter egg... Why.... Why not?

Round 7

Proceeds to pause the game to "smoke a blunt", then returns to find he's lost all his perks...

"wha... Why you mutha -----ers steel my perks?!? "

Round 10

Pack a punches his weapon, then stairs at it for the longest period of time... Eventually his freind will say: dude take your weapon... Despite the fact it's been gone for 40 sec.

Round 12

Despite the fact they have been NO help, you and your help has managed to get to the one step of the Easter egg he's(they're) needed for..

Me: Dude I need you to push x on this fog horn when I say so, then run over there and push the other one...

"So... You want me to... Stand here and...? Oh... No you want me to shoot this with... You want me to kill the crawler? Ok..."

RAWR!

"oh ... Haha... That's not the (hic)rawer... That's George... Hey can you guys help me? I'm down..."

Lady's and gentlemen... I don't care if you get high... I don't care if you play zombies while your high... But for the love of god PLEASE play in your own game... Don't try and play with people who are trying to have their own fun...

Thats my little tidbit...

Dude, it sounds like you're ripping on stoners.

Surely that can't be the case.

No I just re-read it. You are definitely ripping on stoners.

Listen, I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but pull your head in.

You need a dose of Cheech and Chong....stat!