A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Why isn't MMX in the Legends usergroup already?

I know, right?

I mentioned it in the past in a UOTM thread and it got favorable backing. I don't want to create a fuss on it, but he truly deserves it in my opinion, even if I don't agree with all of his thoughts. DalekJD based his 'zombies storyline' on MMX work I believe, and that is a fine example of his work within the community outside of this forum.

Might start trending #MMX4LEGEND :P

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Slade and Boom. That's nice of you to say, Slade. Boom, not so much, extortionist! kidding kidding

I appreciate that DBZ. You know I wouldn't refuse such a thing, but I feel the point is lost if I have to campaign for it, so I just don't worry about it. Oh and the thing with Dalek, we actually worked together on that. I pretty much wrote the script, and he revised parts (sometimes with some input from other people) and uploaded the videos on his channel. It was a good partnership in my opinion. Sadly since Zombies has ended, I haven't done much with him lately.

Yeah, when I watched his videos on the storyline, I was pleasantly surprised to see your name associated with it. I assumed you were the main scripter of it. I agree that you should not have to campaign for it, as it should be an honor bestowed upon you rather than because you lobbied for it.

Either way, I hope it comes your way. :)

I watched the first hour a bit ago (sorry for taking so long, haven't really been interested in zombies) and, other than a few differing opinions, I though that first hour was fantastic. Great job, my friend and former rival. May you continue to make phenomenal projects.

Oh, the other 3 hours? Don't worry, I'll watch them. It's just like I said, I haven't been interested for awhile. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had watched your video just a few days ago. Great threoys behind orgins being an alternate reality, and a introduction into another reality. In fact the video was so well done, other then one part I found where diolog was missing for a few minutes, and another where there was over lapping audio, that I wanted to complete the Easter eggs for the maps.

Thank you very much. I'm sorry for those errors. I didn't notice until the video was already up. And those errors were too minor to spend weeks re-rendering. There's a section on this site to look for people who want to do the side missions, but things are kinda barren all around. So good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone if you're persistent enough.

• 1 year later...

Yup. I'm reviving this old thread because there was news that was important to me worth discussing I felt you guys should know about. You know that Call of Duty Zombies Storyline I headed with the help of so much of you guys? Well the other day it was actually killed, a few months before the next installment of the series. Activision/Youtube literally blocked it in some countries, and short-story is, it is no longer on the internet. I'm not standing idly by though. I felt you guys should know about this. Feel about it how you will. It has hurt me.

Here's the video in which I talk about this.

Here's a transcript:

Some of you may have noticed my most popular video, the Call of Duty Zombies Storyline, has been removed. This is the result of no accident; it was intentional. Just not by me. This 2 million view video was my most popular video by far, and I spent years working on it before its release. I do try to do other things besides Zombies nowadays, but it was no secret this video had much popularity.

Earlier this week, this 2-year-old video received four copyright strikes on the same day at the behest of Activision, along with Youtube. Why? Is it perhaps because Activision plans on releasing a new game in a few months and doesn’t want this out there? Perhaps it is a consequence of the less-than-optimal review I gave last month about said new game? Perhaps some HR there only now got around to seeing it?

While I do think the state of copyright law in this age is deplorable, what really gets me is how this video has been absolutely fine for TWO YEARS without so much as a word of violation. Since this was my most popular video, this event has literally reduced my livelihood. While I would like to work for a subsidiary or affiliate of Activision someday, such as Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Blizzard, etc., this is a breach of relation between developer and consumer that I may one day forgive, but NOT forget.

I’m telling you viewers, as you made it clear you enjoyed the video. You should be made aware of this situation. I will work on creating an edited version of the video that I shall upload in its place and do my best to appease the lawyers behind Activision and Google. Yes, this means that my video will be starting from SCRATCH. From 2,116,213 views to 0 views. So please do not fret.

I aim to create an updated version of this video as well some day after the release of their game. But if this happens again I might not be able to simply afford to do so. As much as many of you would like to hear me promise to make it, I cannot. I will however, see what I can do. Thank you.

I don't think he has had that problem, he knew this video got taken down and asked me about it but he said for him it said the video was taken down by the user who uploaded it (Weird) but yeah he didn't mention his video being taken down. MMX do you earn moneyfrom your videos? Might be a personal question you don't want me asking and you don't have to answer it but it could be part of why it got taken down, if not then pfft I don't know what they are doing.

@Lenne:Ha ha. I recreated that font myself, so I don't think so.

@ZombieOfTheDead: While I think that's a possibility, I'm not sure how likely that is. It'd be just awful if true.

@NaBrZHunter: Thank you. I appreciate that!

@Rissole25: I really don't know. It may have happened to others, but I wouldn't have a way of knowing that.

@Nightmare Voyager: Of course I make money from my videos. Most Zombies Youtuber users do as well, because it is legal to monetize off of gameplay. But this of course is a constantly contested topic, as there has yet to be any court cases setting the legality in stone. Anyhow, you could use the argument that Activision's goal was money, like I pointed out, but then why wait two years?

I know its legal to, but what if they took it down because you were earning money of explaining something they made and they werent. Not sure about why they waited so long but I know Radaustins doesnt earn money off of his videos so that would explain his video not being taken down.

Maybe this is something where, if you are going to do a storyline explanation video, they expect you to do an in-depth disclaimer saying that much is speculation, and pointing out if you have taken creative license with anything, and if so, where?

Thats a weird reason to delete a video. Thats like me making a video about a zombies theory and it just being taken down because I don't state it as a theory but as if it could be fact.

• Administrators

Maybe this is something where, if you are going to do a storyline explanation video, they expect you to do an in-depth disclaimer saying that much is speculation, and pointing out if you have taken creative license with anything, and if so, where?

Thats a weird reason to delete a video. Thats like me making a video about a zombies theory and it just being taken down because I don't state it as a theory but as if it could be fact.

Basically, yeah. And like I said, it's a tragedy. But they may view popular videos that promulgate an incorrect idea kind of like a glitch video because it has content that confidently contradicts (though obviously with every benevolent intention) the campaigns that they promote. Hence why they don't bother about some of the smaller ones. And bear in mind, this is Activision, not Treyarch per sé. We don't have the relationship with them that we do with Treyach. I dunno. There could be any number of reasons. I'm just trying to think from a marketing and branding perspective. MMX is a legend, and we know him to be extremely well researched, a big fan of the game and of Treyarch who does not have the intention of contradicting canon to promote his own propaganda. An example of someone who essentially did that was Faust, as he himself straight up said in his recent discourse on Lovecraft, essentially that he deliberately made invalid theories in hopes that Treyarch would see and run with them. I don't believe that is MMX's goal. He attempts to genuinely explain what has been and give it REAL WORLD application, which I admire and, as you recently saw, practice myself. Activision, however, may see that as a threat, despite the fact that our community thrives on that. 

@Lenne yes, please. Activision's silent tendencies towards the community are really...kind of degrading, even. 

Yes, copyrights and the like can be tricky. Especially with youtube's growing sanctions against their own content creators. I remember when YouTube used to be about "you" - being creative, expressing yourself, having full reign to show your art. Now, it's all about the "tube" portion - how many likes and subs can you get? Let's put in ads! They essentially made it as profitable as possible, and in doing so killed the true soul of the site itself.

lets hope that MMX can find either a new method, or new medium for AZT

That would be a pretty stupid reason to make so much effort go down the drain. They wanted their own video, his wouldn't even harm that and if its formatted like the Black Ops one then I am not even gonna enjoy their timeline because I like narration.

Archived