A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Wow MMX, just wow.

I was holding off reading this until the thread said 100%, but I couldn’t hold on any longer, really glad I caved in. Excellent work, you can see the months you have poured into this.

I noticed in your replies that you want to eradicate all grammatical or spelling errors. I’m in the UK so ignoring all our spelling differences made things a little more difficult, but here is a few I found along the way:

P009: even came with a Acid Gat Kit (should this read an Acid Gat Kit)

P011: Stanely Ferguson (isn’t it Stanley)

P019: He employed many people of different nationalities and began to start testing with various technology. (various technologies)

P019: His false memories including going to college, being apart of the Weimar Republic (being a_part of)

P027: Alcatraz's Electric Cherry, that enhanced physical prowess. (Should this be which enhanced)

P058: the lighthouse at the Siberian outpost. they changed the dials (They)

P073: one of our emembers began hearing (members)

P078: The mall had snapped in two, and the top laid upside down next to the bottom. (the top lay upside down)

P078: one of the survivors obtained an sniper rifle. (obtained a sniper rifle)

P085R - Richtofen quote 50 & 51: Richtofen them told them to go to the maze (Richtofen then told)

P101: Richtofen, with the helop of Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo (with the help of)

Hope you don’t think I’m being too pedantic here, but a bit of proof-reading never hurt anyone :D and again, excellent work.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been listening to the quotes released for PC. Two things I discovered. One, there were originally eight generators. There's only six working when we play. Two, WWI Group 935 ALSO invented the Ray Gun, just like how they built the Panzer Soldats and Robots (by peering through time). So basically they reinvented it before it was invented. Anachronistic, I believe is the word.

The Mark II? How could this be when we just developed the Mark I?

Oh, a third thing. Richtofen built the Panzer Soldats himself.

There's only six working when we play. Two, WWI Group 935 ALSO invented the Ray Gun, just like how they built the Panzer Soldats and Robots (by peering through time).

I've heard Dempsey comment about how he had seen the Raygun before in a Comic Book, but that's impossible considering the time difference between Mob and Origins, right? (assuming he's talking about Weasel's drawings)

There's only six working when we play. Two, WWI Group 935 ALSO invented the Ray Gun, just like how they built the Panzer Soldats and Robots (by peering through time).

I've heard Dempsey comment about how he had seen the Raygun before in a Comic Book, but that's impossible considering the time difference between Mob and Origins, right? (assuming he's talking about Weasel's drawings)

Yes, I commented on that earlier. There could be a multitude of explanations for that, none of which we could know for sure. Pretty much all that means is that the Ray Gun was pictured in a comic book sometime before 1918. With all the timey-wimey stuff going on, I don't think we'll ever know for sure. But what we DO know, is who really did invent it the first time. So, here's a rough timeline of the Ray Gun:

Japan designs the Ray Gun in the 40's

Maxis seizes the designs and builds it

Porter takes over management of the Ray Gun

Porter makes Ray Gun 1.5

Porter makes Ray Gun II

Porter makes Zap Guns

Ancient Evil displaces Ray Gun and Ray Gun II so that Weasel sees them

Weasel comments on likeness to his comic book Ray Gun (perhaps influences future art)

Alternate timeline reinvented Ray Gun 1.5

Ray Gun 1 or 1.5 stars in a comic book

Origins Box displaces Ray Gun 1.5 and Ray Gun II

Awesome glad you liked them :D

Something I noticed when drawing the 935 logo that I had always missed. You see the hand that clasps the 935 ball, the arm are SS bolts. I always thought 935 was Maxis group and he only helped the Nazis because he needed funding for his goals.

Could that maybe give us a closer date to when the logo was formed, or was the group always into Nazi activity?

I really don't think so. The Nazis were very parasitic in nature. They often adopted their symbols after mythical culture. For example, the swastika used to mean peace but now it just represents Nazism because of how they twisted it. If there is a similarity between the Nazi's Waffen-SS and Group 935's logo, the only connection I believe is that the Nazis took the symbol from them, not the other way around.

Something I've noticed MMX, on Origins, the G953 logo has no SS bolts for the arm. Not too surprising considering it's pre Nazi regime, but you said you believe the Nazis would have taken the image from G935, but it's clear now that they changed their symbol once the Nazis came into power. Whether it was on good faith of the new leader, or was ordered to be changed I have no idea. But it sheds a little more light on the small details of their logo and how it's changed a little.

Oh really? I didn't notice that. And I just looked; you're right. What I said wasn't untrue. Just, my conclusion was. There were actually three Group 935's. One under Maxis. One under Richtofen. And then the original one we see in Origins. So apparently the original one had a slightly altered logo. Or, from its perspective, Maxis later altered the logo when the Nazis took control. It is no different than the swastika in that regard.

Oh really? I didn't notice that. And I just looked; you're right. What I said wasn't untrue. Just, my conclusion was. There were actually three Group 935's. One under Maxis. One under Richtofen. And then the original one we see in Origins. So apparently the original one had a slightly altered logo. Or, from its perspective, Maxis later altered the logo when the Nazis took control. It is no different than the swastika in that regard.

Fair enough, I was thinking while I was typing that I might be overlooking time lines and alternates ones. I tread lightly as I am just now getting the chance to play Origins, also studying the sound files and radios, just over all enjoying the new content. Was just something that caught my eye last night.

Okay then. Let me know if you notice anything else.

I was just going through Samantha's quotes in Origins. I found this:

I have the power to shape the world as I wish. I will share that power, Takeo. All you have to do is find me. With my help, you can preserve the glory of the Emperor, forever.

Shape the world as she wishes? :D

Btw, fun fact, the Japanese Emperor is the only remaining person in the entire world to have the title of Emperor.

Was it ever cleared up what happened at Kino with the bodies in the containers? Last night I was talking to a friend about how I thought the players we played as were clones of Origins characters. He brought up in Kino a couple of the bodies looked like Richtofen, I had forgot all about it but yes, back in the day I thought they were Richtofens.

They are zombies. Richtofen specifically says that their undead army was stored. And Kino is where they stored them. Unsurprising, considering that is also where they tried to brainwash them. If you look, you will notice that all containers are sealed shut... except for one, which is toppled over. Suppose we know how the outbreak there began.

They were subjects of a failed experiment conducted by Dr. Maxis.

He sought a way to inplant their minds with instructions via use of the Theatre and some kind of threatment but he couldn't break their "Trust Barrier" and thus never actually succeeded

The Subjects make a return in both Moon and Die Rise, each time having adapted themselves to the new environment in order to survive and thrive.

-Heather

Another thought (last one today I swear :lol: )

The Templar zombies faces have no lips, and ALL their teeth are sharp, like the Jumping Jacks and all forms. I've always heard that this was an "evolved" zombie, do you think that if a zombie were to live a very long time, it could take on a form close to that of the Jumping Jacks?

These Templars were I guess dormant for a really long time, and I think, during that time, they evolved to the point of growing teeth. Far fetched I know, and I am sure all the powers of the Crazy Place could have had an impact on their change, which is why they have a crack on their face that protrudes some sort of glow.

Those aren't Templars. The Templars are found underground. Those zombies are Agarthan zombies, although they do bear some resemblance (most notably NOT the face). They simply aren't human.

The fact that their teeth are sharp shows that they are carnivorous. The fact that another beast exists with the same teeth only shows that they are both carnivores. A lamprey and a tiger both have sharp teeth, but they are not evolutionarily near each other.

Also, only the Gas Zombies have ever been shown to have the ability to rapidly evolve/mutate. Sure, other things could, but then so would us humans.

Ah, thanks Murder. I always just assumed the crazy looking guys in those containers were directly related to the Gas Zombies.

"Armeeuntoten"? I assume you mean their Undead Army/Army of the Undead.

The correct spelling would be Armee von Untoten, Armee der Untoten or Untote Armee. Armeeuntoten is wrong.

-Heather

• Administrators

Ah, thanks Murder. I always just assumed the crazy looking guys in those containers were directly related to the Gas Zombies.

"Armeeuntoten"? I assume you mean their Undead Army/Army of the Undead.

The correct spelling would be Armee von Untoten, Armee der Untoten or Untote Armee. Armeeuntoten is wrong.

-Heather

Armeeuntoten is the name that was given in the radio if I recall correctly. Perhaps it was a nickname or shorter way of saying "undead army" in German?

Armeeuntoten is the name that was given in the radio if I recall correctly. Perhaps it was a nickname or shorter way of saying "undead army" in German?

I've also seen it written somewhere before, the BO1 Computer Thingy if I remember correctly.

Just so you all know:

Armeeuntoten is grammatically incorrect on many levels. Untoten being a noun in this case so first of all it should always be spelt with a capital U. If a foreigner would refer to the Zombies as Armeeuntoten then I could somehow still excuse that, I don't see how a middle-aged, well educated man of German descend would refer anything to a word that is gramatically incorrect in his own native language. Unless, of course, Treyarch messed up during translating.

Treyarch has a history of laughable translation errors. For instance: you can see the words "Nein Raucher" all over Der Riese. That translates to "No Smoker" while it should be "Nicht Rauchen" -- Don't Smoke. This killed me and my friend. or

"Der Kammer" - The Chamber. Incorrect, it should be Die Kammer, as Kammer's gender is feminine.

Sorry it's just that seeing errors like this in games or documentaries always make me cringe :P

-Heather

Treyarch has a history of laughable translation errors. For instance: you can see the words "Nein Raucher" all over Der Riese. That translates to "No Smoker" while it should be "Nicht Rauchen" -- Don't Smoke. This killed me and my friend. or

-Heather

A little off topic here, but "No Smoking" signs appear in almost every map, english and other languages. I find that funny, is it something else or just Treyarch trying to educate the audience/youth?

The first time we come across a text version of "Der Riese" is on a scrap of paper in Shi No Numa, and it is spelt incorrectly. It is spelt "Der Reise" = The Travel

-Heather

A little off topic here, but "No Smoking" signs appear in almost every map, english and other languages. I find that funny, is it something else or just Treyarch trying to educate the audience/youth?

The first time we come across a text version of "Der Riese" is on a scrap of paper in Shi No Numa, and it is spelt incorrectly. It is spelt "Der Reise" = The Travel

The person who wrote that note probably wasn't fluent in German. Die Glocke is missing an "e" at the end.

Also, a lot of people misspell Der Riese all the time.

The tidbits about the generators and the Ray Gun are interesting. Now my brain hurts even more... Although it would've been fine if we just stick with the fact that the Box displaces weapons from the past and the future.

Just a question: is Richtofen's quote about the Mark II heard in-game, or is it a cut quote only found in audio files?

Armeeuntoten is the name the Reichstag High Command gave to the undead army. It is heard in the terminal, and suspected to be heard in audio quotes. (It is kinda difficult to make out.) Regardless of correctness, that is the name given to it. To be fair, Boreas' Fury isn't correct either. It should be Boreas's Fury. Not my job to judge Treyarch's grammar. Besides, people aren't perfect. They make mistakes.

Richtofen's quote about the Mark II? I don't know. I heard it in the files, as I was listening to them en masse. It may or may not be.

Archived