A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Samantha took over 60+ years to perfect her powers, and she was still not extremely powerful yet. The world was laid to waste by the rockets, and those who inhabited the now-eroded Earth consisted of surviving humans and zombies. I would assume that 20 years after Moon is not enough time for Richtofen to adapt much in his new home. He still has very limited powers during Tranzit. He hasn't been too successful in reaching the people that he needs to command for his instructions.

Alright, I see your point...

Something just occured to me though: Russman was fired from Broken Arrow and traveled through the world since the apocalypse began. We see him in the Buried cutscene at that point, and he pretty much looks the same as he is now. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Russman is a pretty old dude. How would he live through decades fighting zombies, with all sorts of old people's sickness? By the time of Buried, he's already past 75, probably 80 already.

Also on the subject matter of age, Marlton and Misty look very young, pretty much in their 20s-30s. Some might argue against that, but I seriously doubt they're past their 40s.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point Infest.

Richtofen and Maxis showed throughout Black Ops II that they were just fools in comparison to Samantha. 20 years to get used to it? Seems only natural. He IS in a different body and dimension after all. How long it would it take you to get rehabilitated after losing some limbs?

20 years ago Misty was a girl living on a farm with her now-dead parents. Marlton was a boy genius. Samuel was Samuel. Russman was a less-old Russman. I mean really, does 60-year-old person really look that different from a 80-year-old person? What's more important at that age is your actual health, which would determine your visual age. And apparently Russman gets plenty of exercise.

Good point Infest.

Richtofen and Maxis showed throughout Black Ops II that they were just fools in comparison to Samantha. 20 years to get used to it? Seems only natural. He IS in a different body and dimension after all. How long it would it take you to get rehabilitated after losing some limbs?

20 years ago Misty was a girl living on a farm with her now-dead parents. Marlton was a boy genius. Samuel was Samuel. Russman was a less-old Russman. I mean really, does 60-year-old person really look that different from a 80-year-old person? What's more important at that age is your actual health, which would determine your visual age. And apparently Russman gets plenty of exercise.

Yeah, this is the part that intrigues me. Now how or why would a boy genius be inside a bunker at Nuketown 20 years before? :roll:

Because Marlton tells us point-blank that he was a scientist. There's many words for this: savant, protege, apprentice, etc. He was likely one of the radiation scientists there at the time.

Of all the things that don't make sense, this is probably one of the craziest. Suppose your theory is true, Marlton would be a boy at this age, either grade school or teenager. A little too young to be a radiation scientist. The government would have to be batshit crazy to send a little boy into a radiation zone :roll:

Because Marlton tells us point-blank that he was a scientist. There's many words for this: savant, protege, apprentice, etc. He was likely one of the radiation scientists there at the time.

Of all the things that don't make sense, this is probably one of the craziest. Suppose your theory is true, Marlton would be a boy at this age, either grade school or teenager. A little too young to be a radiation scientist. The government would have to be batshit crazy to send a little boy into a radiation zone :roll:

Roughly 15 years of age. Just enough to be a child protege. Now he'd be 35 years of age. Just enough to fit his physical appearance. Is it likely? You could debate that. But we have evidence to say this is true. And there is no reason that it HAS to be not true. You only discard evidence when left no alternative. This is not the case. There are arguments to be made with the evidence, and so they have been taken.

Roughly 15 years of age. Just enough to be a child protege. Now he'd be 35 years of age. Just enough to fit his physical appearance. Is it likely? You could debate that. But we have evidence to say this is true. And there is no reason that it HAS to be not true. You only discard evidence when left no alternative. This is not the case. There are arguments to be made with the evidence, and so they have been taken.

I'm just saying it's not normal, even for America, to be sending a kid into a place like that. Even if he is some sort of whiz kid.

But since I can't back my argument any further, I guess this would have to be put to a rest for now.

I hate Treyarch so much for keeping Marlton's background a secret... We know pretty much everyone's backstory now, except his :evil:

Final update of stuff-that-wasn't-actually-Origins. So naturally Origins the map itself is next.

[td]P90M.Maxis's Plan B glowed orange in all of the slots, indicating that the Tower of Babble, Spire, and Mining Tower had all been powered for Maxis and that NavCards had activated all three.

When Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman approached it, it opened to reveal a large button. They pressed it, which activated a chain of events that ultimately resulted in giving Maxis ultimate power.

Maxis gained full control over the Aether, and the zombies' eyes turned orange to indicate he was in control. He revealed his true intentions, that he lied about healing the Earth, that he actually wanted to use his power to reunite with his long-lost daughter, Samantha. She had been displaced by the 115 into the other dimension, Agartha some time ago, which is why he wanted to usurp Richtofen. He informed the four survivors that forcing open the gateway to Agartha would destroy the Earth and all who lived there. Maxis put Richtofen's soul into the body of a zombie. Every time the zombie died, he'd be transferred to a new zombie. Maxis destroyed the Earth along with Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman, but he failed to ever open the gateway to Agartha. Richtofen had no body left to inhabit. Maxis had nothing.

~~~~~~~~~Richtofen~~~~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~Neither~/~Both~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~~~~~~~Maxis~~~~~~~~~~~
P90R.Maxis's Plan B glowed blue in all of the slots, indicating that the Tower of Babble, Spire, and Mining Tower had all been powered for Richtofen and that NavCards had activated all three.

When Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman approached it, it opened to reveal a large button. They pressed it, which activated a chain of events that ultimately resulted in giving Richtofen ultimate power.

Richtofen gained full control over the Aether. He killed Maxis, and then he entered Samuel's body so he could interact with the physical realm. He rewarded the four survivors for their efforts, and the Earth became a toy for Richtofen. However, Richtofen found that then he could not separate himself from Samuel's body, and he was forced to have a limited perspective through the eyes of a single individual, despite all of the power he possessed. Richtofen's victory was much less than he desired. Eventually, Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman died. Richtofen's fate appeared equally foreboding.

[/td]

P90N.Maxis's Plan B did not glow in an array of any one particular color. Since the device was not fully powered for Maxis or Richtofen, neither gained ultimate power. The world remained in a state of limbo between the bickering disputes of Maxis and Richtofen. The fate of Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman was death, followed by resurrection if Richtofen felt like it.

EDIT: Question for you guys. The Emperor. Are we talking about Hirohito or Yoshihito? Yoshihito was in WWI. Hirohito was in WWII. One Takeo is of WWI while the other is of WWII. So, was he referring to a different Emperor each time? Or was he perhaps referring to the first one the entire time? For example, in Shangri-La he still expresses loyalty to the Emperor, despite the fact that Hirohito's reign is long over. So it seems his loyalty to HIS Emperor transcends his place and time. So, even when he was in WWII, do you think Takeo might've still had loyalty to Yoshihito instead of Hirohito? Personally, I think both are involved, and that Takeo worshipped Hirohito after being brainwashed. Yoshihito could've been by the WWI Takeo.

EDIT: Added the Mars bit in again.

EDIT: Question for you guys. The Emperor. Are we talking about Hirohito or Yoshihito? Yoshihito was in WWI. Hirohito was in WWII. One Takeo is of WWI while the other is of WWII. So, was he referring to a different Emperor each time? Or was he perhaps referring to the first one the entire time? For example, in Shangri-La he still expresses loyalty to the Emperor, despite the fact that Hirohito's reign is long over. So it seems his loyalty to HIS Emperor transcends his place and time. So, even when he was in WWII, do you think Takeo might've still had loyalty to Yoshihito instead of Hirohito? Personally, I think both are involved, and that Takeo worshipped Hirohito after being brainwashed. Yoshihito could've been by the WWI Takeo.

The japanese thought of their emperor as a god I believe, it's probable that they think of them as having the same spirit or something like that. I don't remember, it's been two years since I've had my global studies class. Regardless, they would praise any emperor most likely. He probably refers to the WWI one in origins and Hirohito on every one after regardless of whether or not he's dead, because that is the last one he remembers. Or like I said, it doesn't really matter who it is, they jst praise him.

• Administrators

MMX, the Maxis side to your table has a slight problem:

P90R.Maxis's Plan B glowed blue in all of the slots, indicating that the Tower of Babble, Spire, and Mining Tower had all been powered for Richtofen and that NavCards had activated all three.

I'm not sure if it was just a different word selection meaning that the Maxis Plan B is the same no matter what side, with a different glow representing the appropriate side.

MMX, the Maxis side to your table has a slight problem:

I'm not sure if it was just a different word selection meaning that the Maxis Plan B is the same no matter what side, with a different glow representing the appropriate side.

Yes, that is intentional. Maxis devised the plan for the global polarization devices. Richtofen just mooched off it. Maxis's Plan B is the device in the courtroom. Even if you power it for Richtofen, the Plan B was something developed by Maxis. I appreciate the feedback though!

The japanese thought of their emperor as a god I believe, it's probable that they think of them as having the same spirit or something like that. I don't remember, it's been two years since I've had my global studies class. Regardless, they would praise any emperor most likely. He probably refers to the WWI one in origins and Hirohito on every one after regardless of whether or not he's dead, because that is the last one he remembers. Or like I said, it doesn't really matter who it is, they jst praise him.

Yes, I agree completely.

EDIT: Renumbered all the paragraphs. Strange, we're four shorter than last time, at 86. Probably because Origins helped explain a lot much more succinctly. More edits on the way!

On Green Run Recording 6:

"So yeah, you keep talking, but no one's gonna hear you because we destroyed everything, everything electronic, starting with evil, radio-box thing!"

Is this evil radio box thing referring to something like the box in Buried? Was there more than one? Because it also sounds like there were multiple towers activated, or close to activated that weren't the TranZit, Die Rise or Buried towers. Perhaps different boxes connected different towers?

Also, dunno if that was written correctly or not. Sounds like its meant to be "with THAT evil, radio-box thing!"

On Green Run Recording 6:

"So yeah, you keep talking, but no one's gonna hear you because we destroyed everything, everything electronic, starting with evil, radio-box thing!"

Is this evil radio box thing referring to something like the box in Buried? Was there more than one? Because it also sounds like there were multiple towers activated, or close to activated that weren't the TranZit, Die Rise or Buried towers. Perhaps different boxes connected different towers?

Also, dunno if that was written correctly or not. Sounds like its meant to be "with THAT evil, radio-box thing!"

Isn't it just a simple radio though? I think the guy speaking in the recording was just going crazy.

It is possible that there were other towers that could've been used in Maxis' plan, but were sabotaged since the people he asked to help were too incompetent and would always fight each other instead of zombies. I mean, relying on three towers alone is a bit risky for a plan.

Rissole, the word "that" isn't used. I have the recording myself, and I transcribed it myself. It simply isn't there.

I don't think it is the same thing in Buried, mainly because he says "radio". The device in Buried has nothing to do with communication. Maxis does not speak through it in any shape or form. Meanwhile the recording indicates that the man was trying to stop hear Maxis, and Maxis talked through radios.

Maxis and Richtofen didn't need those three specific towers. They just needed three towers to be fully powered, but if you've done the Side Missions, you can tell they're pretty specific. It is why they say "optimal" location. In the end, they are three towers that ended up being powered.

All's good.

Another question: Why did Maxis go to Buried and do all that stuffs after he was teleported by Richtofen in Der Riese? I mean, how do we know?

Maxis was MIA in between Der Riese and Griffin Station. He said he was in a tunnel but got cut off in what he was saying. Also, the Maxis Diary and his quotes indicate Maxis is THE professional when it comes to ethereal energy. Buried has a theme of ethereal energy.

EDIT: New addition:

P87.Samantha's fate, however, was far different. Samantha, the person with the longest reign over the zombies, had been temporally and spatially displaced after her body swap with Richtofen. She was displaced into Agartha and far back in time. However, she was not the only thing displaced. Many objects began to be temporally displaced by all of the 115 that had built up. With everything traveling backwards and forwards in time, history could easily be changed. Samantha was trapped in Agartha, sometime during World War I. World War I began in July 28, 1914. It consisted of Great Britain, Russia, Japan, and many more, as the Allies, and Germany, Austria-Hungary, and many more, as the Central Powers.

P88.Doctor Maxis was a relatively old man back in World War I. He worked for Mauser, a weapons manufacturer, and developed designs for weapons. On January 5, 1915, he finalized the prototype design for the Mauser CX-Series as well as an attached scope. Eventually out of that series came the Mauser C96. In the same year, another weapon was designed, the MG08/15. These two weapons used cutting-edge technology derived from bits of scrap that had fallen through time. Maxis eventually left Mauser to work for an organization that recently formed, called Group 935. Group 935 specialized in research of various natures, trying to use cutting-edge science to help ensure a victory for Germany. A physician that had studied at Heidelberg University signed up to join Group 935, and he worked alongside Maxis. His name was Doctor Edward Richtofen, and the two became good friends and colleagues. In 1917, in Maxis's research, he catalogued aspects of various elements, and he came across one that was new to him and Group 935, Element 115. Since the element still lacked a name, he decided to name it Divinium, after its amazing properties. He showed it to the leaders of Group 935, and they invested more research into it. Beginning this year, Russia began a transformation and revolution that would eventually end with them pulling out of the war as the Soviet Union. The United States entered World War I on the side of the Allies on April 6, 1917.

P89.Group 935 found out about the Knights Templar and their relation to Element 115. So they set up many excavation sites to try to uncover Element 115. One spot in Northern France, near Bar-le-Duc, was particularly promising. The site was named Excavation Site 64. Within it they found the ancient ruins of the Templars that had been there so long before them. They also found Element 115 that the Templars had unearthed, now buried. Maxis and Richtofen were stationed at Excavation Site 64.

Maxis learned of the elemental staffs created long ago, however he could not find them. So he designed plans for replicas based on what he knew. He gave the designs to Richtofen so he could create the required parts. Meanwhile, Richtofen's parents died, and when he heard the news, he was stricken by grief. Maxis began to try to become a sort of fatherly figure to Richtofen.

Group 935's research into 115 paid off. They learned how to convert Element 115 into a liquid, and doing so exacerbated its displacement properties, making it open portals through which temporally displaced objects fell. Maxis then came to the conclusion that 115 has the ability to displace objects from their time and place. Group 935 continued to experiment with what they could learn of 115, and they began to develop weapons using it. The rift between Maxis and Richtofen continued to grow as their differences began to surface. On September 22, 1917, Richtofen wrote a letter detailing his concern with Maxis's latest behavior. Richtofen also thought Group 935's weapon development a good idea. However, the idea of using 115 for weapons troubled Maxis, and his conscience drove him to secretly defect to the Allies. He wasn't concerned with what Group 935 would think of his defection, but rather what Richtofen would think.

P90.The Emperor of Japan at this time was Emperor Yoshihito Taishō. He began to gather intel that the Germans were increasing their mechanization, and he became very worried. He selected a Samurai warrior, known for victory in the Battle of Mukden, named Takeo Masaki to be his trusted agent to gather more intel on the matter. Takeo was honored, and he wrote a letter detailing this on October 6, 1917.

The main chamber of the ancient ruins created by the Templars at Excavation Site 64 opened by chance when brought a record of music played in a gramophone by the musicians known as the Source Noire. Group 935 began to research whether other sites might be similarly influenced by music. Group 935 also made great leaps in mechanization. They created heavily armored suits for soldiers to wear, increasing their physical and fighting prowess. When wearing the suits, they became known as Panzer Soldats. Group 935 also used the resources displaced by 115 as well as 115 itself to construct Giant Robots to help win the war. They developed four Giant Robots named Thor, Odin, Freya, and Loki.

P91.The United States learned about the Panzer Soldats and Giant Robots due to Maxis's defection. American reconnaissance seemed to confirm it, but they sent in an operative to confirm its validity. His name was Tank Dempsey. On November 19, 1917, he estimated he'd be there within a few weeks. However, the war ensured he wouldn't make it within that timeframe. However, Russia also took notice of Germany's advancements. A soldier named Nikolai Belinski was exiled from Russia and forced to partake in a special mission to see what the Germans were developing. He wrote a letter detailing so on December 10, 1917.

Maxis discovered within the ruins the original, ancient Mystery Box, and he struggled to understand its power. While Group 935's actions worried him, Maxis found solace in his ignorance of 115, and he began to reconsider his religious beliefs and hypothesize about the existence of some form of God. Group 935 in the meantime continued to develop weapons using the knowledge they gained from Element 115.

P92.Maxis began to hear a voice in his head. At first, Maxis just ignored it, but she was persistent. She identified herself as Samantha, and she said she was trapped in Agartha. Nikolai was troubled with the war's effect on his people and country. Russia was going through a Civil War, and he was stuck in France on his mission. He admitted in a letter on February 23, 1918, that the people in France were very hospitable. Meanwhile, the Emperor recalled Takeo for an update and a meeting back in Japan after learning of his victory of Mukden, something of which the Emperor was previously unaware. Takeo continued on his mission, but he grew uneasy about it. He wrote about his worries in a letter on March 2, 1918. Meanwhile, the advancement of German technology caused the Germans to advance early in their Spring Offensive with the Battle of Belleau Wood. Tank participated in the combat and helped ensure a victory. Tank also obtained intel that Russia and Japan were also both trying to uncover the German's surprise and conspiracy. He detailed his thoughts in a letter on April 14, 1918.

P93.Meanwhile, Group 935 continued to advance. They found out that Excavation Site 64 had more 115 than any of the other sites. Samantha called out to Maxis more and more. She tried to tell him that she was his daughter, but he couldn't believe such a thing. He became worried his mind was failing him. Maxis confided in Richtofen, telling him about her. Richtofen had his trust, but he began to believe Maxis to be mentally unstable. Pablo Marinus was a man who somehow knew a lot about Element 115, and he wrote a journal about it that Group 935 acquired. Richtofen wrote about these events in a letter on May 13, 1918, and he then reported Maxis to the leaders of Group 935, who then kept a watchful eye on him.

Agarthan zombies began to go through the portals created by the 115 Conversion Generators to attack the German men working on them and to try to destroy the devices.

P94.One day, some Germans were digging in Excavation Site 64 when they managed to puncture a hole in one of the runes that lead to a dark pit. Out of it came the remains of a Templar, reanimated into a zombie by 115. Zombies soon began to rise all over the place, spreading corpses to be reanimated by 115. Maxis and Richtofen hurried to use some temporally displaced vials of blood from some prisoners in Alcatraz in 1933 to develop what they called Zombie Blood, which would temporarily allow one to be free of zombies. However, it was of no use. Maxis himself ended up getting killed by a zombie. Meanwhile, Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo had each independently arrived at the site to see what had happened. Richtofen took drastic action. Before Maxis got a chance to reanimate as a zombie, he cut out his brain and put it in a jar of fluid to preserve it.

I think that's a good place to stop for today.

• Administrators

Good, good stuff here, friendo. I've been waiting to see how you would compile the prologue to Origins for some time now. Jut a few things that I wanted to say (none of which might not be of great concern to you though):

- Richtofen pointed out in one of his quotes that Maxis grew obsessed with the recordings. We know that 5 records exist in total, with one being to the main excavation site and the other four to their respective caverns. In-game, each recording has their own musical pattern. Would you say that Maxis made varied "copies" of the original recording from the Source Noire?

- I thought that the cipher which detailed Richtofen's parents dying was during the stages of him as a child...unless it said nothing relative to his age during the incident? Just curious.

- Dempsey has a quote (in Solo) which shows he was also there to find any leaders of top officials of Group 935. Perhaps he was also tasked to extract them for the U.S., I am not too certain. His quote just shows some rather interesting emphasis on them.

Can't wait to see how you piece together the rest of Origins. :)

Thanks Infest and Naitrax!

Good, good stuff here, friendo. I've been waiting to see how you would compile the prologue to Origins for some time now. Jut a few things that I wanted to say (none of which might not be of great concern to you though):

Thank you. Origins really is the beginning and the end, due to its cyclical nature. I could've put it at the beginning or the end. However, it makes more sense to be at the end, as it is the last map. It's also much more theatrical.

- Richtofen pointed out in one of his quotes that Maxis grew obsessed with the recordings. We know that 5 records exist in total, with one being to the main excavation site and the other four to their respective caverns. In-game, each recording has their own musical pattern. Would you say that Maxis made varied "copies" of the original recording from the Source Noire?

Hm... You're right. I'll have to add something about that. But it isn't copies. Each of the discs plays a different song. They probably just tried a whole bunch of music and then identified which ones worked. However, I wonder what songs they were? I have the Origins soundtrack, so if someone could find references on youtube or something of which songs play when you open the portals, I could identify the titles of the songs.

- I thought that the cipher which detailed Richtofen's parents dying was during the stages of him as a child...unless it said nothing relative to his age during the incident? Just curious.

Maxis says Richtofen was a magnificent student. He says it in the past tense. He then adds a corollary that Richtofen has been deeply affected by his parents' death. He says it in the present tense. So I think Maxis is saying that Richtofen has always been brilliant, but he has lately been troubled. I think it is one of many things showing the rift that grew between the good friends.

- Dempsey has a quote (in Solo) which shows he was also there to find any leaders of top officials of Group 935. Perhaps he was also tasked to extract them for the U.S., I am not too certain. His quote just shows some rather interesting emphasis on them.

Can't wait to see how you piece together the rest of Origins. :)

Oh? I'll be sure to add that in. I am aware that Dempsey has a one-way comm but I haven't heard all the quotes yet.

Thanks Delta. Delta just helped me check out all of the discs in the game. Apparently those songs are specifically NOT included in the soundtrack. So I will wait until the PC version comes out to try to put a name to the song.

Updated with Infest's fixes:

P87.Samantha's fate, however, was far different. Samantha, the person with the longest reign over the zombies, had been temporally and spatially displaced after her body swap with Richtofen. She was displaced into Agartha and far back in time. However, she was not the only thing displaced. Many objects began to be temporally displaced by all of the 115 that had built up. With everything traveling backwards and forwards in time, history could easily be changed. Samantha was trapped in Agartha, sometime during World War I. World War I began in July 28, 1914. It consisted of Great Britain, Russia, Japan, and many more, as the Allies, and Germany, Austria-Hungary, and many more, as the Central Powers.

P88.Doctor Maxis was a relatively old man back in World War I. He worked for Mauser, a weapons manufacturer, and developed designs for weapons. On January 5, 1915, he finalized the prototype design for the Mauser CX-Series as well as an attached scope. Eventually out of that series came the Mauser C96. In the same year, another weapon was designed, the MG08/15. These two weapons used cutting-edge technology derived from bits of scrap that had fallen through time. Maxis eventually left Mauser to work for an organization that recently formed, called Group 935. Group 935 specialized in research of various natures, trying to use cutting-edge science to help ensure a victory for Germany. A physician that had studied at Heidelberg University signed up to join Group 935, and he worked alongside Maxis. His name was Doctor Edward Richtofen, and the two became good friends and colleagues. In 1917, in Maxis's research, he catalogued aspects of various elements, and he came across one that was new to him and Group 935, Element 115. Since the element still lacked a name, he decided to name it Divinium, after its amazing properties. He showed it to the leaders of Group 935, and they invested more research into it. Beginning this year, Russia began a transformation and revolution that would eventually end with them pulling out of the war as the Soviet Union. The United States entered World War I on the side of the Allies on April 6, 1917.

P89.Group 935 found out about the Knights Templar and their relation to Element 115. So they set up many excavation sites to try to uncover Element 115. One spot in Northern France, near Bar-le-Duc, was particularly promising. The site was named Excavation Site 64. Within it they found the ancient ruins of the Templars that had been there so long before them. They also found Element 115 that the Templars had unearthed, now buried. Maxis and Richtofen were stationed at Excavation Site 64.

Maxis learned of the elemental staffs created long ago, however he could not find them. So he designed plans for replicas based on what he knew. He gave the designs to Richtofen so he could create the required parts. Meanwhile, Richtofen's parents died, and when he heard the news, he was stricken by grief. Maxis began to try to become a sort of fatherly figure to Richtofen.

Group 935's research into 115 paid off. They learned how to convert Element 115 into a liquid, and doing so exacerbated its displacement properties, making it open portals through which temporally displaced objects fell. Maxis then came to the conclusion that 115 has the ability to displace objects from their time and place. Group 935 continued to experiment with what they could learn of 115, and they began to develop weapons using it. The rift between Maxis and Richtofen continued to grow as their differences began to surface. On September 22, 1917, Richtofen wrote a letter detailing his concern with Maxis's latest behavior. Richtofen also thought Group 935's weapon development a good idea. However, the idea of using 115 for weapons troubled Maxis, and his conscience drove him to secretly defect to the Allies. He wasn't concerned with what Group 935 would think of his defection, but rather what Richtofen would think.

P90.The Emperor of Japan at this time was Emperor Yoshihito Taishō. He began to gather intel that the Germans were increasing their mechanization, and he became very worried. He selected a Samurai warrior, known for victory in the Battle of Mukden, named Takeo Masaki to be his trusted agent to gather more intel on the matter. Takeo was honored, and he wrote a letter detailing this on October 6, 1917.

The main chamber of the ancient ruins created by the Templars at Excavation Site 64 opened by chance when brought a record of music played in a gramophone by the musicians known as the Source Noire. Group 935 began to research whether other sites might be similarly influenced by music. Group 935 also made great leaps in mechanization. They created heavily armored suits for soldiers to wear, increasing their physical and fighting prowess. When wearing the suits, they became known as Panzer Soldats. Group 935 also used the resources displaced by 115 as well as 115 itself to construct Giant Robots to help win the war. They developed four Giant Robots named Thor, Odin, Freya, and Loki. They were 1,000-foot tall humanoid robots with the ability to shoot rockets and crush things. One had to disengage the foot panel in order to beam up into the control room. The Giant Robots also had velocity decelerators that prevented people, when ejected in an emergency, from being hurt by the fall.

P91.The United States learned about the Panzer Soldats and Giant Robots due to Maxis's defection. American reconnaissance seemed to confirm it, but they sent in an operative to confirm its validity. His name was Tank Dempsey. On November 19, 1917, he estimated he'd be there within a few weeks. However, the war ensured he wouldn't make it within that timeframe. However, Russia also took notice of Germany's advancements. A soldier named Nikolai Belinski was exiled from Russia and forced to partake in a special mission to see what the Germans were developing. He wrote a letter detailing so on December 10, 1917.

Maxis discovered within the ruins the original, ancient Mystery Box, and he struggled to understand its power. While Group 935's actions worried him, Maxis found solace in his ignorance of 115, and he began to reconsider his religious beliefs and hypothesize about the existence of some form of God. Group 935 in the meantime continued to develop weapons using the knowledge they gained from Element 115.

P92.Maxis began to hear a voice in his head. At first, Maxis just ignored it, but she was persistent. She identified herself as Samantha, and she said she was trapped in Agartha. Nikolai was troubled with the war's effect on his people and country. Russia was going through a Civil War, and he was stuck in France on his mission. He admitted in a letter on February 23, 1918, that the people in France were very hospitable. Meanwhile, the Emperor recalled Takeo for an update and a meeting back in Japan after learning of his victory of Mukden, something of which the Emperor was previously unaware. Takeo continued on his mission, but he grew uneasy about it. He wrote about his worries in a letter on March 2, 1918. Meanwhile, the advancement of German technology caused the Germans to advance early in their Spring Offensive with the Battle of Belleau Wood. Tank participated in the combat and helped ensure a victory. Tank also obtained intel that Russia and Japan were also both trying to uncover the German's surprise and conspiracy. He needed to get to the site relatively soon to find out what they were hiding and to perhaps have discussion with the leaders of Group 935. He detailed his thoughts in a letter on April 14, 1918.

P93.Meanwhile, Group 935 continued to advance. They found out that Excavation Site 64 had more 115 than any of the other sites. Samantha called out to Maxis more and more. She tried to tell him that she was his daughter, but he couldn't believe such a thing. He became worried his mind was failing him. Maxis confided in Richtofen, telling him about her. Richtofen had his trust, but he began to believe Maxis to be mentally unstable. Pablo Marinus was a man who somehow knew a lot about Element 115, and he wrote a journal about it that Group 935 acquired. Richtofen wrote about these events in a letter on May 13, 1918, and he then reported Maxis to the leaders of Group 935, who then kept a watchful eye on him. The fighting of World War I encroached upon Excavation Site 64. The scientists had to try to do research as a war unfolded around them, literally. Fortunately for them, German soldiers stood guard to watch the site with futuristic weaponry. That didn't stop zeppelins and planes from flying overhead, shooting at each other. Also, under Maxis's, perceived obsessive, research, they managed to find some vinyl records to which the runes responded.

Then, Agarthan zombies began to go through the portals created by the 115 Conversion Generators to attack the German men working on them and to try to destroy the devices.

P94.One day, some Germans were digging in Excavation Site 64 when they managed to puncture a hole in one of the runes that lead to a dark pit. Out of it came the remains of a Templar, reanimated into a zombie by 115. Zombies soon began to rise all over the place, spreading corpses to be reanimated by 115. Maxis and Richtofen hurried to use some temporally displaced vials of blood from some prisoners in Alcatraz in 1933 to develop what they called Zombie Blood, which would temporarily allow one to be free of zombies. However, it was of no use. Maxis himself ended up getting killed by a zombie. Meanwhile, Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo had each independently arrived at the site to see what had happened. Richtofen took drastic action. Before Maxis got a chance to reanimate as a zombie, he cut out his brain and put it in a jar of fluid to preserve it.

The zombies overran the entirety of Excavation Site 64. Tank rode on a German contraption called the Zombie Tank, and he, Nikolai, and Takeo began to fight off German zombies until eventually they reached the bunker where Richtofen was cutting out Maxis's brain. Just then one of the Giant Robots stepped right on them, but they jumped out of the way just in time.

P95.Tank communicated to his superiors on a one-way comm. Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo each wanted to take Richtofen back to their respective countries, but Richtofen urged them to focus on dealing with the present threat of the undead first. Thor, Freya, and Odin patrolled around the area, circling it, and Loki had been shot down and destroyed. Samantha was in control of the zombies. However, controlling them from Agartha limited her powers. She only controlled the German zombies, not the Templar zombies nor the Agarthan zombies. She could speak to Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen, and she begged for them to help her escape from Agartha.

Richtofen grabbed the jar that held Maxis's brain, and they began to fight zombies. The chalk weapons, Mystery Box, and other weapons helped the four survive. They then began to power the 115 Conversion Generators again, even though they had to fight off both the German zombies that tried to kill them and the Agarthan zombies that tried to stop them and kill them. Eventually, they managed to power all six Generators. They found the original Pack-A-Punch designed by the Vril-Ya on top of the excavation site, which had appeared out of thin air in the middle of all of the 115 slabs hooked up to machinery powered by the generators, an assembly hooked up by the Germans. Also, the four found a device called the Wunderfizz Orb and the Wunderfizz Machines, which was based on the Mystery Box, except it pulled Perks-A-Cola out of their time. In addition to the Wunderfizz Machines, Group 935 had acquired a Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double-Tap Root Beer II, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, and Mule Kick machine, all plucked out of time, and Group 935 hooked them up to various power supplies, such as the Generators and coal-powered assemblies.

Samantha told the four heroes that they needed to get the replicas of the Elemental Staffs that her father had made.

P96.So Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen set out to find the pieces of the staffs, as they hadn't yet been built. They found the record made by the Source Noire, as well as a gramophone, near the excavation site. They played the record, and the music opened up the excavation site to the chamber underground, where they found the pedestals where the staffs were to be constructed. In the church nearby, where the Zombie Tank was stationed, they found the fire record. Panzer Soldats intermittently attacked them, but they defeated the Panzer Soldats. One carried a piece of the Staff of Fire, which they took. Another piece was carried by an airplane, so they shot the plane down and picked up the second piece. There was a box called the Reward Chest, and it was controlled by Agarthan technology, Samantha, or some combination of the two. The result, however, was that it would reward the four heroes for their efforts. It gave them the third piece of the Staff of Fire as a reward for powering Generator 6. They went to a tunnel marked "Fire", or rather the fire tunnel, and they used the gramophone to play the fire record. The music activated a portal that led them to the Crazy Place, which was still full of Agarthan zombies. The fire podium revealed to them the Fire Crystal, and they then took it to the excavation site and built the Staff of Fire.

P97.Samantha commended Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen on building one of the staffs, but they still had three to go. They found the lightning record near Generator 4, and they had to ride the Zombie Tank around the area to reach places they wouldn't normally be able to go. They found the three pieces of the Staff of Lightning in a muddy, swampy area, in a hidden chamber in the excavation site, and behind the church. They went into the lightning tunnel and played the lightning record, which activated the lightning portal to the Crazy Place, where the lightning podium gave them the Lightning Crystal. They took it to the excavation site and built the Staff of Lightning. They then found the wind record near Generator 5. They destroyed the bottom panels of the Giant Robots' feet, which allowed them to beam up to their heads. Thor, Odin, and Freya each contained a piece of the Staff of Wind. They went into the wind tunnel and played the wind record, which activated the wind portal to the Crazy Place, where the wind podium gave them the Wind Crystal. They took it to the excavation site and built the Staff of Wind. They found the ice record near the tank refueling station, and they managed to find all three parts of the Staff of Ice by digging them up with shovels while snow fell. They went into the ice tunnel and played the ice record, which activated the ice portal to the Crazy Place, where the ice podium gave them the Ice Crystal, and they took it to the excavation site and built the Staff of Ice.

P98.Samantha was pleased, but she said that they needed more power and that the ancient runes held the secrets on how to unlock their full potential. To upgrade the Staff of Fire, they had to kill a bunch of Agarthan zombies next to some hexagonal containers in the Crazy Place with the Staff of Fire. Then they lit the torches in the church in a particular order, and then they went to the excavation site. Within it was a giant cylindrical dial system made out of Element 115. They lined up the red symbols, which revealed a fire orb, which they then shot with the Staff of Fire. To upgrade the Staff of Lightning, they found a musical staff in the Crazy Place that detailed notes to play. Using the Staff of Lightning and runes which resembled a piano keyboard, they played the notes. Then they found seven electrical panels around the area that were sparking. They fixed them, and then had the dial system line up the purple symbols, which revealed a lightning orb, which they then shot with the Staff of Lightning.

P99.To upgrade the Staff of Wind, they had to align some dials in the Crazy Place to the appropriate symbols. Then they found three rotary chimneys around the site that they had to face towards the main excavation site. Then they had the dial system line up the yellow symbols, which revealed a wind orb, which they then shot with the Staff of Wind. To upgrade the Staff of Ice, they had to match the symbols on the runes found within the Crazy Place. They then had to freeze three tombstones around the site and then bust them. Then they had the dial system line up the blue symbols, which revealed an ice orb, which they then shot with the Staff of Ice. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen then took the four staffs to the Crazy Place and put the Elemental Staffs into their respective elemental podiums. Then they killed a lot of Agarthan zombies around them, feeding them energy. Once they were full, they picked up the Elemental Staffs, which had been upgraded into the Ultimate Staffs. The Staff of Fire became Kagutsuchi's Blood. The Staff of Lightning became Kimat's Bite. The Staff of Wind became Boreas' Fury. The Staff of Ice became Ull's Arrow. All of them came with the attached Sekmet's Vigor, which had the power to heal.

Samantha urged them to hurry.

Archived