A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I we are discussing the town, have we decided where it is and how it came to be underground like this?

I remember you claiming it had been built underground but did Marlton not mention a tectonic shift? I though that implied it had been pushed underground perhaps be the force of the rockets

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I we are discussing the town, have we decided where it is and how it came to be underground like this?

I remember you claiming it had been built underground but did Marlton not mention a tectonic shift? I though that implied it had been pushed underground perhaps be the force of the rockets

He did mention it, but that's it, mention. What he said was that there was a tectonic shift. And I think it's a bit obvious, given the giant magma hole at the beginning...

If the town started above ground, then there's the question of how they went unnoticed until 2025... Or how Maxis was there... Or how he was trapped... Or how they didn't have more advanced technology... Even people in Egypt have laptops.

So I opt for the opposite: that the town was made underground.

Also, I mentioned earlier about the why, why there would be an American town in Africa: mid-1800's American colonizationism.

• Administrators

How did Richtofen know that the teleporter in No Man's Land would take them to the Moon?

I don't think he did. I think he just seized the opportunity.

Just calibrated it himself?

EDIT: Even if he seized the opportunity and calibrated, how did he know to go to Area 51?

How did Richtofen know that the teleporter in No Man's Land would take them to the Moon?

I don't think he did. I think he just seized the opportunity.

Just calibrated it himself?

EDIT: Even if he seized the opportunity and calibrated, how did he know to go to Area 51?

Good question, maybe he got some info from Peter before he died? Or the voices in his head were guiding him, as far as making it from A51 to Moon, it could have been pre-planned. He knew he had to get back up there, I wouldn't put it past him to have made the preparations before he even double crossed Maxis.

• Administrators

Good question, maybe he got some info from Peter before he died? Or the voices in his head were guiding him, as far as making it from A51 to Moon, it could have been pre-planned. He knew he had to get back up there, I wouldn't put it past him to have made the preparations before he even double crossed Maxis.

Well, we know that Group 935 knew about Area 51, so by default he did too. Plus, Cornelius Pernell gave us the coordinates to Area 51 in the Shi No Numa radio, so he may have heard that and known about Area 51 from there. However, none of that gives us an indicator of how he knew there was a teleporter there.

Most of the things from FIVE come from Kino we assume, since Kino is on the Western side of the Berlin Wall, so it was in American territory, not to mention when we use the Teleporters in Kino it takes us into FIVE for a moment. All of that implies that FIVE zombie equipment came from Kino, but they wouldn't be able to get it until the facility wasn't active anymore, so after Group 935 crumbled basically. But after that happened, Richtofen was fighting Zombies with the crew so he wouldn't have gotten word of any teleporter being made.

They didn't get it from Der Riese because them and the Russians had a standoff after the Massacre at Der Riese to gather information, but America seems to have lost because all of the Terminal files were retrieved in 1968 from Rebirth Island, so I don't think they took a thing from there. So to me, it seems they got he things to build the teleporter from Kino, which then still begs the question of how he knew.

Honestly, I think Richtofen made up his plan as he went. He needed a Vril Generator and went to a place he thought would have one. He needed to get to the Moon and went to a place that should have a Teleporter. Things like that. You also have to keep in mind that Richtofen is practically insane. It's difficult to judge his type of behavior.

And I think that knowing things like this won't help.Even if we have a clear explanation about Richtofen knowing of the existence of the teleporter in the Area 51,it won't change things.

And I keep in mind the thing with the voices.They probably telled him where to go,and he just went there and completed the map's objective.That's all.

And I think that knowing things like this won't help.Even if we have a clear explanation about Richtofen knowing of the existence of the teleporter in the Area 51,it won't change things.

And I keep in mind the thing with the voices.They probably telled him where to go,and he just went there and completed the map's objective.That's all.

I agree. Knowing the when, where, what, who, and how is one thing. But why? That is much harder.

So... If it's alright, I'm going to go ahead and construct a timeline for Buried, and I'll be saying the town was constructed underground, that upon construction it was purposefully... buried.

So... If it's alright, I'm going to go ahead and construct a timeline for Buried, and I'll be saying the town was constructed underground, that upon construction it was purposefully... buried.

You're certain about that?I know the town doesn't have the technology it should have,and that it's abandoned.But being purposefully buried is right?

I know,I was not at the earlier discussion about this,but even after reading some of it,if the Americans constructed the town in Africa to apply some kind of colonialism,then why they built it underground?Would make a lot more sense if it was above ground.

Anyway,I'm not denying it.I'm sure you guys did your homework.Go ahead =P

Something is buried when it wants to be hidden. We know that whatever their reasons, these people were incredibly stubborn Americans who did not change with the time. They kept their Old West culture long after the rest of the world out-dated it. This means they were isolated, that the town was isolated while they were still living there. We know this because the books they have date as late as the 1930's. The perfect way for them to be isolated is if they were completely underground. It fits, really. And, Maxis was trapped in the tunnel there, i.e. no way to get out. When we play there, we are only able to get in because of the mining operation that unearthed it. It is as if the entire point of the town was to be buried. A town with 1800's ideals could not have survived unnoticed in Africa so long unless they were protected or... buried. That's just off the top of my head, really.

Thank you very much. So, here's a general timeline:

April 14, 1639: J. Frank was born

June 19, 1694: J. Frank died

1694-1800's: J. Frank's tomb is transferred to America for religious reasons

1840's-1880's: Colonizationism kicks in, and the town is built in Africa

October 15, 1887: A resident of the town, Priest William, dies and is buried

April 1888: Bo. Husch is hanged for an unknown crime

1880's-1930's: Town practices heavy isolationism, but they do venture in and out every once in a while

Prior to November 1945: A woman is married to a wealthy man, but he dies; she grieves but succumbs to death too

October 1945: Maxis becomes trapped in the town; creates Time Bomb, Paralyzer, Ghost Lady, Big Guy

November 1945: Groph and Schuster pluck Maxis out of the town with their reverse-Teleporter contraption

1934-2000's: Town is abandoned, except for the Ghost Lady and the Big Guy

2025+: Mining operation begins and accidentally breaches the town before being blown up by missiles

2045+: Buried

Well, we've established that Maxis built the Paralyzer. And because of the Time Bomb's similar properties, we believe he invented that too. And if you look around in the Ghost Lady's house, you can see who she once was. She's a spirit from the ethereal realm Maxis was studying. How did she come to be? Probably by Maxis tampering with it. Then there's the big guy. How did he get there? He seems to be a resident of the town, but he is really strange. His characteristics are inhuman (do I need to list them?). In fact, the people of the town even built a jail cell just for him (I mean, a single jail cell that is large enough to fit him? Compare that to the Alcatraz cells.) So, the only explanation for him I can think of is that he was an experiment of some kind. One of the Treyarch developers says we can find out his name, and maybe that will tell us something. But until then, I think that in addition to the Paralyzer, Time Bomb, and Ghost Lady, he was a guinea pig.

EDIT: DELETED

EDIT: I might have something on the ghost lady.. Give me a moment. We'll see.

Okay, so here is something that is interesting. The ghost lady has a bunch of portraits in her house of one man. She is a widow, and she has four GIANT paintings of the same man in the central room alone. So, I believe that man to be her dead husband. Yes?

Well there's a complication with that. Turns out that that man is Michael Faraday, famous electrochemist. So, it's a real-world figure. It can still work, right? I mean, we had JFK and Nixon. So why not another real-world figure? I'll have to re-do the dates above though. So... this means that the ghost lady is Michael's wife, Sarah, who died about 10 years after Michael.

What do you guys think about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fa ... te_note-13

I have to admit I didn't find the name Michael Faraday myself. A man named Will Abbott did.

Electrochemist,eh?

Maybe it would worth the time to get into this.I mean,try to make relations between his work in life and things that we see in Buried,like the Time Bomb and the Paralyzer itself.

I just said it because it reminds me about Tesla's relation with our storyline.Maybe he is canon to something?But what?I'll try to research a litlle...

Electrochemist,eh?

Maybe it would worth the time to get into this.I mean,try to make relations between his work in life and things that we see in Buried,like the Time Bomb and the Paralyzer itself.

I just said it because it reminds me about Tesla's relation with our storyline.Maybe he is canon to something?But what?I'll try to research a litlle...

Michael Faraday invented the electric motor, which led to the generator and the transformer. Compared to Wonder Weapons, these things seem rather... rudimentary. However, he may be the reason the place has a power grid.

Btw, Tesla was strongly hinted but never explicitly mentioned. This man however, is directly seen.

Interesting, I like it when they weave real life people/events into the story, makes for the best research. I would like to know why she is so hostile, even her quotes are evil. Guess she may just be angry for being stuck in the mortal plane.

We've heard voices on Verruct and Tranzit's town, I always assumed them to be ghosts, but they never show themselves or attack.

Btw, Tesla was strongly hinted but never explicitly mentioned. This man however, is directly seen.

This is the reason why I think he may have greater participation in the moment.He is directly seen.

Although,like you said,what he invented is quite rudimentary in comparison to Wonder Weapons.They may have added him there just to justify the power grid.

I'm on PS3,so I can't know for sure,but,is there anything with his name writed on it?Or the references are just these paintings?

Besides that,I will not slow you down.Whenever you want,proceed with other things.

Interesting, I like it when they weave real life people/events into the story, makes for the best research. I would like to know why she is so hostile, even her quotes are evil. Guess she may just be angry for being stuck in the mortal plane.

We've heard voices on Verruct and Tranzit's town, I always assumed them to be ghosts, but they never show themselves or attack.

Lol. Treyarch making the noises in Verruckt retroactively make sense. Humorous.

I don't think she is evil. I don't think Sarah is evil (is it alright if I start calling her Sarah?) In fact, I pity her. I feel so sorry for her. If you listen to some of the things she says, you can tell she is just protecting her territory. The one quote "You will stay forever" is an exception. That one is just weird. That might relate to the characters' deaths. *shrugs*

Anyway, get real close to her and look. She is crying. She is always crying. Every second of her (after)life, she is crying. And if you do well with the piano and dart game thing, you can find her playing a melodic tune on the piano. Honestly, at that point, I'd tip her for free, regardless of the free Perk. Sure, she has copies of herself attacking you, but wouldn't you attack trespassers in your home? (Note, even the zombies don't go in her house!)

This is the reason why I think he may have greater participation in the moment.He is directly seen.

Although,like you said,what he invented is quite rudimentary in comparison to Wonder Weapons.They may have added him there just to justify the power grid.

I'm on PS3,so I can't know for sure,but,is there anything with his name writed on it?Or the references are just these paintings?

Besides that,I will not slow you down.Whenever you want,proceed with other things.

I think it is more than just the power grid. I think they added it in there so they could inform us of the identity of the ghost lady. And it's just the paintings. No written name.

• Administrators

Well it isn't really about changing things, it's about having accuracy.

As for Michael Faraday, I'm not sure if he has any other significance than that, if it turns out to be true. I haven't looked into the Time Bomb, what is it and why are we assuming Maxis made it?

Also, why is her name Sarah?

As for Michael Faraday, I'm not sure if he has any other significance than that, if it turns out to be true. I haven't looked into the Time Bomb, what is it and why are we assuming Maxis made it?

What do you mean if it turns out to be true? The painting in the game is the same one as in real life.

I made the case that that man was her husband. That means she is his wife. Sarah was Michael's wife.

The Time Bomb is based on ethereal energy, just like the Paralyzer. The Paralyzer also has strange time effects on what it is fired at. The two technologies are related. So if Maxis made the Paralyzer, he is the most likely candidate for the Time Bomb.

• Administrators

What do you mean if it turns out to be true? The painting in the game is the same one as in real life.

I made the case that that man was her husband. That means she is his wife. Sarah was Michael's wife.

The Time Bomb is based on ethereal energy, just like the Paralyzer. The Paralyzer also has strange time effects on what it is fired at. The two technologies are related. So if Maxis made the Paralyzer, he is the most likely candidate for the Time Bomb.

I know that he is Michael Faraday, I looked up the painting a few days ago. However, I'm referring to the husband aspect, not the fact of what his name is. Also, why is her name Sarah, does a quote say it or how do we know?

Okay cool, thanks.

Archived