A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

We could, but just saying "they got overrun" as a reason is as general as you can get, it doesn't offer anything to the story that way. Personally, I think we should list all the possible ways and narrow it down to the most likely based on logic and reason, like we used to.

Well yes, but I think that's all there is. They were doing many things with 115. 115 reanimates dead bodies. So Zombies start rising out of the ground and take over the place.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could, but just saying "they got overrun" as a reason is as general as you can get, it doesn't offer anything to the story that way. Personally, I think we should list all the possible ways and narrow it down to the most likely based on logic and reason, like we used to.

Well yes, but I think that's all there is. They were doing many things with 115. 115 reanimates dead bodies. So Zombies start rising out of the ground and take over the place.

Ryu is who I meant.

Some preliminary storyline observations from Buried:

1. It occurs in Central Africa, "Primary Plates"

2. There's an old western town, underground

3. There's heavy machinery on the surface

4. The rift is a huge magma pit

5. It takes place sometime after 1879, due to the electricity.

6. I believe Maxis was at the town in 1945, due to his diary entry, which we can discuss better if someone can link to it.

7. I also think he invented the Paralyzer.

8. I have no idea who the "Ghost Lady" is.

9. Same goes for the "Big Guy".

10. Ethereal energy seems to be a new power source like vril and 115

11. Maxis and Richtofen dumped the characters after Die Rise

12. This map takes place a few months after Die Rise

13. Russman worked for Broken Arrow

14. He was fired.

15. The recruitment order is Russman and Samuel then Misty and Marlton.

16. To be worked out in stone: date of underground town, date of surface machinery, current date.

17. More to come, especially once the Side Mission is done.

Oh by the way, the new Perk-A-Cola is called Vulture-Aid Elixer. And Porter made the Ray Gun Mark II.

Would like to point out we found the local newpaper and it seems it has the name of the town it in. Also that The Jungle Book, Frankenstien, and several other books were found. Books such as these are significant as it allows us to determine how early this town existed. (btw went into theater zoomed into the woman and it looks like she is wearing a widows face cover, cant think of its name, folded back)

I would like to add Ancient China to that list. The Jungle Book was written in 1894. So this means sometime after 1894. However, I think the Maxis Diary points to the underground town being around in 1945.

This thread has an image of it: viewtopic.php?f=152&t=33265

(I do not agree with the thread AT ALL though.)

I fear time is running out.

What does this mean? It's too short to tell.

Though my understanding of the ethereal realm remains limited,

In-game, Maxis tells us it is too much for our mortal minds to comprehend. This means this diary was written a long time ago, a time when Maxis didn't comprehend it either. And considering that it was WRITTEN in some fashion, it had to be before he was shot in front of the MPD.

I am convinced that the manipulation of the energy fields within all matter is vital to uncovering the dimensional gateway itself..

What does that sound like to you? Manipulation = weapon. Energy fields = rotating discs. Matter = electric charge between protons and electrons. Dimensional gateway = ethereal energy. We don't know who invented the Paralyzer. However, this makes Maxis the most likely candidate. He talks about building a device that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether. We have a weapon that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether.

It is my sincerest hope that somewhere in the realm beyond, my beloved Samantha still lives.

The realm beyond is Aether. However, Maxis says this, not knowing where Samantha is. So this has to be before Gersch plucked Maxis into Griffin Station to talk to Samantha. However, Maxis was ALWAYS with Samantha, well, with one exception. After Richtofen tried to kill them with Fluffy, Maxis and Samantha were separated. Remember that "wretched tunnel"? So, yes, I think this is that wretched tunnel where Maxis was during his disappearance.

I fear time is running out.

And that brings us back to here. We know Maxis wasn't gone for long. It was just a month or two. This is why he is saying time is running out. He knows they're going to be coming after him and that it is only a matter of time. His fears are confirmed. Maxis was once here in this underground town, and this diary entry details his thoughts on the town. Since the ethereal energy seems to have weird time effects, I would also suggest Maxis built the Time Bomb as well.

EDIT: Oh and thanks Zelkova for the widow bit. I didn't know that. I noticed she was crying though.

Though my understanding of the ethereal realm remains limited,

In-game, Maxis tells us it is too much for our mortal minds to comprehend. This means this diary was written a long time ago, a time when Maxis didn't comprehend it either. And considering that it was WRITTEN in some fashion, it had to be before he was shot in front of the MPD.

I am convinced that the manipulation of the energy fields within all matter is vital to uncovering the dimensional gateway itself..

What does that sound like to you? Manipulation = weapon. Energy fields = rotating discs. Matter = electric charge between protons and electrons. Dimensional gateway = ethereal energy. We don't know who invented the Paralyzer. However, this makes Maxis the most likely candidate. He talks about building a device that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether. We have a weapon that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether.

It is my sincerest hope that somewhere in the realm beyond, my beloved Samantha still lives.

The realm beyond is Aether. However, Maxis says this, not knowing where Samantha is. So this has to be before Gersch plucked Maxis into Griffin Station to talk to Samantha. However, Maxis was ALWAYS with Samantha, well, with one exception. After Richtofen tried to kill them with Fluffy, Maxis and Samantha were separated. Remember that "wretched tunnel"? So, yes, I think this is that wretched tunnel where Maxis was during his disappearance.

I was unsure, But now I really like the idea that maxis was at buried, And If it is true he built the paralizer then I think it would not be too much of a stretch to say he also placed the orbs, as he built the machine that powers them and he seems to have knowledge of them during the EE but we can't be certain until we discover their purpose in Richtofens plan

Yeah I found that book too. I took a picture of the books and their in my theater MMX. Yes I paused the video of gameplay and got an upclose look of the ghost. My guess is she is merely a widow (which would actually make natural sense in which why she exists as a ghost, the world wide theory about why a ghost can be created is because it has some attachment to the world or cannot move on due to sadness, it would become a Poltergiest if it were due to any form of anger). The reason though she attacks us I believe is merely due to us disturbing her resting spot which also would correspond with the base of how ghosts operate. Ghosts are normally bound within an area of where they die usually they have boundary lines. Also I would like to point I found a tunnel that directly connects to the back of the ghost house too. It would explain while your in town on the second floor of one of the buildings you you can hear a ghostly voice/wail (only people with good headsets would probably ever hear it though). The tunnel while not actually enterable via for a player is enterable if you go into camera mode and probably acts a shortcut of how the ghost got around so fast.

• Administrators

EDIT: I just found a book in the ghost lady's house title "Alcatraz Sanatorium Yearbook"

Can you post an image please? Because Sanatorium doesn't makes much sense to me right now, and I heard it actually said Swimteam.

• Administrators

Not the one I saw.

I think they all say the same thing, personally. So I read that there are graves in the map that read death dates in the 1970s, hoping someone can confirm/deny this. Sounds plausible to me.

• Administrators

No. I lack the ability to take images straight from the game. I get people to do that for me. I'm not going to buy a 100 dollar HD PVR just because you have trust issues. I said what it is. That's it. If you don't trust me, then go find someone who will.

I asked you to prove it, didn't tell you how to. Get someone to do it for you then, I don't care, just get a picture. You tell us to prove everything, because that's how the story works, it's necessary. I can say anything and pass it off as true without evidence, but that's not how it works here.

• Administrators

Yes. I was more concerned about the yearbook part and that it was in the house. But I think the significance of it in the first place is small.

Small, yes. However, it needed to be noted what was actually said as not to unintentionally spread false information.

About the new Ray Gun, what do we know so far? Does it say anywhere in the game/quotes about the creator? I assume it's Porter, but how do we KNOW?

You're too focused on knowing. What we have are likelihoods.

Since the Ray Gun Mark II upgraded is named after Porter, it was likely made by him as well. Also, the gun itself was designed by Max Porter too by the way.

Also, I think there might be a third Ray Gun. The Ray Gun in Buried is different from the normal Ray Gun in every other map. This Ray Gun is identical in function but different in appearance. The blue glass is instead glowing and shimmering green, just like the Ray Gun Mark II. I think the Ray Gun in Buried is a prototype of the Ray Gun Mark II, a Ray Gun Mark 1.5, if you will. It's the only explanation, as Treyarch specifically chose to change it AND not update the olds maps.

• Administrators

You're too focused on knowing.

I fail to see this as a bad thing :P

Since the Ray Gun Mark II upgraded is named after Porter, it was likely made by him as well. Also, the gun itself was designed by Max Porter too by the way.

Also, I think there might be a third Ray Gun. The Ray Gun in Buried is different from the normal Ray Gun in every other map. This Ray Gun is identical in function but different in appearance. The blue glass is instead glowing and shimmering green, just like the Ray Gun Mark II. I think the Ray Gun in Buried is a prototype of the Ray Gun Mark II, a Ray Gun Mark 1.5, if you will. It's the only explanation, as Treyarch specifically chose to change it AND not update the olds maps.

Alright, so we just have the most likely of answers, nothing definitive though.

This map sidequest is pretty awesome so far, by the way.

Lol. Yes. However, I have this sinking feeling that this one has MORE than two endings. People keep saying "it's complete". No it's not. Well, I'm trying to test it myself, but it's hard to find people.

I think there's five endings:

Pure Maxis

Flimsy Maxis

Neither

Flimsy Richtofen

Pure Richtofen

I'm amassing a team of Maxis-only users to test it. (Btw, neither would just be dying.)

Archived