A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

For the record, Rissole, it is MTD, not MDT. But yeah. It's no wonder I didn't see it, it's like one piece! But yeah, I suppose that is a teleporter piece. I don't think its significance is very high though. They don't have working teleporter besides the Gersch Devices. But it may mean they had the capability to build one. At this point, I think we should just abstain from saying how the Soviets got there. Thanks Rissole.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, my story. My rules.

This is why you don't see me debating any of these theories. I ask for clarification on things and if I don't feel they're accurate, I'll say my peace and leave it at that.

I respect all the compiling you've done, MMX, you've totally devoted yourself to this thread and the 'Trilogy' project. The story, from a Treyarch perspective, is unfinished and there's many dots that don't connect neatly, but as this is your project, I believe you should be able to take creative license wherever you feel it's neccessary.

The bottom line is that MMX is writing this story and we should all wait until it's done before we criticize. I get so lost in the Treyarch story at times that I really wish someone could compile it and make an easier to follow chronological respresentation of all these events, so they could make more sense to my brain that's conditioned for cause and effect.

Though I may not agree with some of the current theories, I'm holding my judgement of this project until it's complete because I never know, just as no one else ever knows...The way MMX presents this story could reveal elements of the story that we missed while we played the game or at least show us a more traditional and uniform tale that's easier to digest.

We're not told anything. There is no evidence of the mountains being martian other than the texture file name that isn't even concrete.

The point I'm trying to make is if there is any proof of Shangri La moving, it's the loading screen.

+100

Absolutely correct.

There is no provided answer of yet. Mars is just specualtion and always has been. The evidence for the Mars theory is nowhere near concrete for it to be accepted.

I've never been a big fan of the Mars theory (sorry Tac). The mountain file name is the only thing that really even mentions Mars. If you want to go by file names you might aswell call "HIM" the Avrogadro because that is his file name too.

The map is called Shangri-la & that's where it takes place. The mysterious place if Shangri-la. (or it could be in Vietnam as that's the Zombie character file names aswell.)

Looking into the Black Sun, vortexes & Vimanas is probably the only way of understanding what has happened.

@ ETEI2NAL - very well said mate. (I too need some of the story loopholes closed. hahah)

• Moderators

But I remember thinking that the MDT was pulled apart to help create the Gersch Device, since they do the same. Going from point A to point B via the Aether. The Russians could've easily brought an MDT back with them from Der Riese.

So you are saying that the Gersch device is a "mini MTD"? :3

Anyway, my story. My rules.

This is why you don't see me debating any of these theories. I ask for clarification on things and if I don't feel they're accurate, I'll say my peace and leave it at that.

I respect all the compiling you've done, MMX, you've totally devoted yourself to this thread and the 'Trilogy' project. The story, from a Treyarch perspective, is unfinished and there's many dots that don't connect neatly, but as this is your project, I believe you should be able to take creative license wherever you feel it's neccessary.

The bottom line is that MMX is writing this story and we should all wait until it's done before we criticize. I get so lost in the Treyarch story at times that I really wish someone could compile it and make an easier to follow chronological respresentation of all these events, so they could make more sense to my brain that's conditioned for cause and effect.

Though I may not agree with some of the current theories, I'm holding my judgement of this project until it's complete because I never know, just as no one else ever knows...The way MMX presents this story could reveal elements of the story that we missed while we played the game or at least show us a more traditional and uniform tale that's easier to digest.

I don't like doing that. I really don't. But when you're in charge of a project such as this, you have to draw the line somewhere.

Although, to be honest, I don't know if waiting until it is finished is going to change anything.

I try to be uniform when I can. But a lot of the time I can't. I am forced to pick a theory. And anyone with an alternative theory then gets offended. I mean, there is a REASON Treyarch is always so cryptic.

I've never been a big fan of the Mars theory (sorry Tac). The mountain file name is the only thing that really even mentions Mars. If you want to go by file names you might aswell call "HIM" the Avrogadro because that is his file name too.

The map is called Shangri-la & that's where it takes place. The mysterious place if Shangri-la. (or it could be in Vietnam as that's the Zombie character file names aswell.)

Looking into the Black Sun, vortexes & Vimanas is probably the only way of understanding what has happened.

@ ETEI2NAL - very well said mate. (I too need some of the story loopholes closed. hahah)

The difference is that "Him" has a specific in-game name. The only way we'd refer to a file name was if we had nothing else. It's like, all that crap about the Beast being "dream catchers". His name is the Beast. Sure, he has alternative names, but Beast is the name he was given in zombies.

Shangri-La takes place in Shangri-La. But zombies is about backstory. And, as with any structure, once upon a time the structure did not exist. But with Shangri-La, once upon a time it didn't exist... on Earth.

I'd imagine the Vril-Ya's technology as being so complex we can't really understand it. So the idea of transferring the place to another planet doesn't surprise me.

Whatever happened to AlphaSnake's aliens, angels, demons thread, huh? The Vril-Ya were angels (or rather, they inspired the idea of an angel through their robotic wings). The Vril-Ya were aliens (or rather, not the same species and they space-traveled). The Vril-Ya were demons (or rather, they built a device linking to a dimension where the devil resided). Mars seems to be the least of their capabilities.

But I remember thinking that the MDT was pulled apart to help create the Gersch Device, since they do the same. Going from point A to point B via the Aether. The Russians could've easily brought an MDT back with them from Der Riese.

So you are saying that the Gersch device is a "mini MTD"? :3

Yes, essentially. However a MTD is a much more reliable form of travel.

• Administrators

Just a brief question on Billy's crew obtaining the plane parts since you mentioned it:

How did they go about actually deciding to acquire said parts? They would have to know after the M4's declared execution since there was no such plane before the cycle began. This makes me want to believe that during their cycle, they were just as able to interact with everything around them, including those who were seemingly alive. How exactly does this pan out? Is it possible for the M4 to be in contact with the other inmates during their cycle even though they kept looping over and over?

Ferguson tells us that they tried to build a plane. They just never succeeded. So, when they are put in the cycle, the parts are still where they were, untouched. They then have an infinite number of tries to get them and finally build the plane. So, Billy's crew that stashed the parts stashed them prior to December 31, 1933.

ALSO IN OTHER BIG-FONT NEWS

I have completely overhauled and updated ALL of the transcriptions of the audio. There are no longer ANY typos! They fit within the window (except the column ones). And they are much more elegant-looking in my opinion. Enjoy!

I know this has been brought up before but I can't remember you actually clarifying it. Your story says that a pyramid landed on the Moon and that was the MPD. The loading screen shows the pyramid landing when Griffin Station is already built though.

MMX and I actually debated at great lengths about this. So have you and him (as I've seen in this thread). You say there are 2 pyramids, he says there are 3. The answer to your question would be that the pyramid you see floating above where Griffen is already under construction is the 3rd pyramid that stays in space orbiting. Personally, I really don't know what to believe. Both points have validity (i.e. there could be 3 pyramids, but also - I'm seeing a pyramid that looks to be landing on the moon after Griffen was constructed... creating a confusing situation due to the fact that the MPD existed before Griffen.)

Anyway. Just thought I'd shore that up. So MMX - I believe what he's asking is what exactly does the orbiting Pyramid/vimana do? Correct me if I'm wrong, Mac - but I'm just trying to act as a mediator. Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything.

I have completely overhauled and updated ALL of the transcriptions of the audio. There are no longer ANY typos! They fit within the window (except the column ones). And they are much more elegant-looking in my opinion. Enjoy!

Nice job MMX. very svelte. :mrgreen:

The difference is that "Him" has a specific in-game name. The only way we'd refer to a file name was if we had nothing else. It's like, all that crap about the Beast being "dream catchers". His name is the Beast. Sure, he has alternative names, but Beast is the name he was given in zombies.

Crap? I'm the one who posted that so, where do you come off calling anything crap? Feed the beast was an achievement not a name. It could of said feed the dog, does that mean it's name is 'the dog'? no, that's ridiculous. You chose a file name to determine shangri-la is on mars but the file name for the dogs is crap? Seriously, there's no need to call any contributed information crap.

Crap? I'm the one who posted that so, where do you come off calling anything crap? Feed the beast was an achievement not a name. It could of said feed the dog, does that mean it's name is 'the dog'? no, that's ridiculous. You chose a file name to determine shangri-la is on mars but the file name for the dogs is crap? Seriously, there's no need to call any contributed information crap.

Yes, crap. I don't care who posted it. The achievement was called "Feed the Beast". You get this... by... feeding... the Beast. If it said Dog, its name would be Dog. If it said Hot Dog, its name would be Hot Dog. If it said Feed the Oscar Meyer Weiner, it would be the Oscar Meyer Weiner. Like I said, you can have alternative names, like Cerberus, or Gersh instead of Gersch, but the one, most definitive name is the one that is specifically given to us.

Yes, crap. I don't care who posted it. The achievement was called "Feed the Beast". You get this... by... feeding... the Beast. If it said Dog, its name would be Dog. If it said Hot Dog, its name would be Hot Dog. If it said Feed the Oscar Meyer Weiner, it would be the Oscar Meyer Weiner. Like I said, you can have alternative names, like Cerberus, or Gersh instead of Gersch, but the one, most definitive name is the one that is specifically given to us.

You make no sense. Feed the beast is an achievement title not the name of the beast we see. It says feed the beast because that's exactly what it is, a beast. If you had a baby, would you name it baby because that's what it is? I would hope not. Please get off your high horse and remember this is a forum devoted to a game, hostility is not needed.

• Administrators

Is it possible that the dream catcher name is referring to the symbol on the wall before the actual dog appears?

Code-wise, yes. I don't understand why there'd be a specific name for the area in which they spawn out of, since most people would just say "spawn" or ""portal" or "area". Why would they have a name completely different from the name of the objects (dogs) themselves?

So, I noticed a flaw in the timeline, which I plan on fixing. I noticed Tombstone Soda costs 10 cents. This must mean that Tombstone Soda was made in the '60's along with the rest of the retro setting of TranZit, unlike Who's Who, a much more modern Perk. Therefore Tombstone Soda's origins are as clear as Double-Tap Root Beer II.

• Administrators

How did the Ascension outbreak happen?

If I recall correctly, it was due to Yuri activating the Kassimir Mechanism against Gersch because he held a vendetta against him for putting him out of his current work and into a lower position (the monkeys if I recall). When the Mechanism was activated, it allowed the zombies to come through.

Is it possible that the dream catcher name is referring to the symbol on the wall before the actual dog appears?

When I saw the picture in ptg's video showing the "dreamcatcher" that was the first thing to pass into my mind. Why the hell would you call a three headed dog that ate zombies a dreamcatcher lol.

I don't know if anybody though of this before so I am just going to say it here. From some of the greek mythology books like the perseus jackson series and other books, I have learned that in Hell their is the three headed dog. This dog was responsible for not letting the alive into hell, and to not let the dead escape. So isn't that what these three dogs are doing, eating the dead that has escaped and bringing them back to hell?

How did the Ascension outbreak happen?

If I recall correctly, it was due to Yuri activating the Kassimir Mechanism against Gersch because he held a vendetta against him for putting him out of his current work and into a lower position (the monkeys if I recall). When the Mechanism was activated, it allowed the zombies to come through.

That can't be, actually. The destruction of the Casimir Mechanism preceded the Ascension Radios. And there certainly weren't zombies running amuck during the Radios.

When I saw the picture in ptg's video showing the "dreamcatcher" that was the first thing to pass into my mind. Why the hell would you call a three headed dog that ate zombies a dreamcatcher lol.

I don't know if anybody though of this before so I am just going to say it here. From some of the greek mythology books like the perseus jackson series and other books, I have learned that in Hell their is the three headed dog. This dog was responsible for not letting the alive into hell, and to not let the dead escape. So isn't that what these three dogs are doing, eating the dead that has escaped and bringing them back to hell?

It's just a code-name. Nothing more. Look at the code for Zombies sometimes. They literally just make some of the names up. Why? Because no one is supposed to see them. Did you know the Wunderwaffe is called the tesla_gun? Or that the Ray Gun is called the usa_ray? It's nothing.

You're speaking of Cerberus, the three-headed dog. I suppose you could interpret it that way.

• Administrators

But Yuri did create an event where he essentially obeyed the voice in his head (Samantha) and unleashed the zombies. I thought that his using the mechanism is what caused it to be broken; even Gersch knew that it was not ready nor near completion. It was either that, or the Gersch Device (which shows to teleport zombies, not bring them).

Archived