A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I think I understand. A multiverse theory wouldn't fit because in your story, history is changed for the Weasel to live. If it was in another universe, it wouldn't make sense.

My belief is that the characters all pass away at the end of the easter egg with Al getting redemption. We are incompatible. :(

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt the heaven idea. Yes, you change history, but how much evidence is there to what happened after? Correct me if I am wrong, but none.

And, would three out of those 4 mobsters even be eligible for heaven? Billy's a murderer, and that doesn't really work with God.

He was saying Al went to heaven, not the others. (Al was a murderer too though.)

Arlington was NOT a murderer, and this is confirmed by his in-game quotes.

Also, you said you would not entertain the notion of heaven. Well I am not one to want to go down that road either, but why not?

It does appear that the mobsters are living out an eternal damnation in HELL, so if there is a hell, then surely there is a heaven too.

Still... this version of Alcatraz they are roaming around on is not the one in our reality, and it is either the home of Lucifer/Miclanticuhtli or some other keeper of the damned!

Great post by the way MMX... always a pleasure to read your thoughts.

In my opinion, if you're gonna entertain the idea of Luciifer and Hell, then you must at least be open to the idea that there is a heaven for these characters. Besides...

“Five, six, seven. Nobody’s going to Heaven.” - Al Arlington

One of our characters mention it directly. Sure, he mentions they won't be going there, but still the idea of it existing for our characters is there.

Edit: Also, you guys are correct, Al was never a murderer. The other three all have quotes admitting that they've murdered people, and that they don't even feel bad for it. But Al hasn't commited murder, and he feels bad for the petty crimes he commited. Al said it best: "he's nothing like the others".

Al was a con artist responsible for setting up some of the biggest jobs out their he wasn't a killer though.

He killed Ferguson in cold blood just to escape.

Also, you said you would not entertain the notion of heaven. Well I am not one to want to go down that road either, but why not?

All of the seemingly mystical things that have happened in zombies all trace back to the Aether, which, as Richtofen said, is just another dimension. It's not heaven. It's not the underworld. It's not purgatory. It is a place with width and height (well not really, but the expression holds). Magic is a relative word, and I use the definition as proposed by Arthur C. Clarke: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

It does appear that the mobsters are living out an eternal damnation in HELL, so if there is a hell, then surely there is a heaven too.

Isn't torture going to seem like that to anyone? If you got divorced, wouldn't that feel like that to you? Is that supposed to mean that divorce necessitates heaven?

Still... this version of Alcatraz they are roaming around on is not the one in our reality, and it is either the home of Lucifer/Miclanticuhtli or some other keeper of the damned!

Great post by the way MMX... always a pleasure to read your thoughts.

No. Like I said, alternate realities will not be supported here. The signs indicate that Alcatraz was just like this before the level.

Not necessarily heaven. Just ending of suffering for Al. They're all ghosts but Als the only one worthy of redemption. Alcatraz seems more metaphorical to me than anything.

Yeaaaahh..... I am NOT putting that in the story. Metaphorical. Bah!

In my opinion, if you're gonna entertain the idea of Luciifer and Hell, then you must at least be open to the idea that there is a heaven for these characters. Besides...

“Five, six, seven. Nobody’s going to Heaven.” - Al Arlington

One of our characters mention it directly. Sure, he mentions they won't be going there, but still the idea of it existing for our characters is there.

Edit: Also, you guys are correct, Al was never a murderer. The other three all have quotes admitting that they've murdered people, and that they don't even feel bad for it. But Al hasn't commited murder, and he feels bad for the petty crimes he commited. Al said it best: "he's nothing like the others".

Then we're agreeing, because I do NOT entertain the idea of a Lucifer nor an underworld.

The being we call Lucifer is only for lack of a better name. I have said that from day one.

And wow. Arlington, an American in the '30's, knows of the existence of Christianity. Was that really what you're bringing to the table?

Arlington murdered Ferguson. Was I the only one who watched the intro cutscene? And don't go and tell me that that murder doesn't count. It was done viciously. None of these characters are black and white. They ALL have done horrible things. And they ALL have sympathizing qualities. This is the trademark of zombies. These attributes are shared with the original four characters.

Arlington murdered Ferguson. Was I the only one who watched the intro cutscene? And don't go and tell me that that murder doesn't count. It was done viciously.

You ARE kidding... right?

Arlington did NOT murder Ferguson. He is the guy narrating the audio clips telling the events that transpired on the evening they attempted the escape.

He does not get murdered in REAL LIFE, only in the eternal damnation they are living out.

Come on man...

I was going to say the same thing. He obviously lived as he wouldn't be able to narrate to us what really happened that night in the audio clips. An don't say that you can't use that as proof because if you do then you need to take the fact you've been using those as facts in the story thus far out too. And yes I did watch the intro clip, I watched it before you if you remember as I commented it to you in party chat way back and you hadn't seen it yet.

We have a video where Al kills a man. If you're going to argue that, then leave right now, because you're blind and we don't need hindrances. Al chose to kill Ferguson in cold blood. It was his choice. He is a murderer, like all the rest. Ferguson then turned into a zombie. Confused about Ferguson talking later on? Well look here, at A Zombie Trilogy, it explains it all. And by that, I mean actually read the first post rather than instigating.

We have a video where Al kills a man. If you're going to argue that, then leave right now, because you're blind and we don't need hindrances. Al chose to kill Ferguson in cold blood. It was his choice. He is a murderer, like all the rest. Ferguson then turned into a zombie. Confused about Ferguson talking later on? Well look here, at A Zombie Trilogy, it explains it all. And by that, I mean actually read the first post rather than instigating.

Yes, I have read the original post, and I appreciate it, but they game is laying out cold hard facts.

Arlingtons character has quotes that confirm he is NOT a murderer. Ferguson narrates the events that REALLY happened that evening, and we clearly living out an eternal damnation.

I am going with the fact laid out by the game on this one mate. Sorry.

No need for the hostility in the replies either.

The cold hard fact is that we see Arlington kill a man right in front of our eyes! You're going to believe what someone says over what you see with your own eyes? You're going to have a very hard life then.

I have quite an easy life at the minute mate, and being 33 years old with 4 children, yes, it is probably only going to get harder from here on in.

Back to the topic at hand...

Nothing you have posted in the OP related to the events on Alcatraz has the same cold hard facts on display. It is all guess work.

What we see in game is them attempting to escape by killing Ferguson and then taking his keys... suddenly, the prison is tranformed into a hellish alternative to their normal surroundings in the BLINK OF AN EYE!

Then you expect us to totally disregard the audio files and put them down to an alternative 'theory', when it is more clearly hinted towards them being what truly happened.

I am all for debating, but you are a bit quick to shoot down anyone who disagrees.

Does not make for much of a discussion if it's all one way traffic.

Well the Ferguson log could be showing what originally happened. If you wanna think of it that way, MMX

It is quite obvious, given the log takes place in the future and it couldn't possibly happen.

I try to help you... And you dare spit at me this way? :x

I'll see you in hell.

The cold hard fact is that we see Arlington kill a man right in front of our eyes! You're going to believe what someone says over what you see with your own eyes? You're going to have a very hard life then.

I have quite an easy life at the minute mate, and being 33 years old with 4 children, yes, it is probably only going to get harder from here on in.

Back to the topic at hand...

Nothing you have posted in the OP related to the events on Alcatraz has the same cold hard facts on display. It is all guess work.

What we see in game is them attempting to escape by killing Ferguson and then taking his keys... suddenly, the prison is tranformed into a hellish alternative to their normal surroundings in the BLINK OF AN EYE!

Then you expect us to totally disregard the audio files and put them down to an alternative 'theory', when it is more clearly hinted towards them being what truly happened.

I am all for debating, but you are a bit quick to shoot down anyone who disagrees.

Does not make for much of a discussion if it's all one way traffic.

The original post doesn't say why what's there is there. I tried that once, but it was much too long.

Arlington faked an injury. Ferguson goes into his cell. A scuffle occurs. Ferguson falls over dead. Arlington leaves. Later in the cutscene, Ferguson, a zombie, stands back up. Arlington says "I killed him." If you don't consider that evidence, then, seriously, leave.

The thing about debating, is that you are a month late. This "debate" has come after all the real evidence has been found. Oh, you can argue about your interpretations and whatnot, but it comes down to evidence, which was found a month ago. So, yes, I will be shooting down a lot of nonsense. This thread isn't a democracy for a reason.

Well the Ferguson log could be showing what originally happened. If you wanna think of it that way, MMX

It is quite obvious, given the log takes place in the future and it couldn't possibly happen.

I try to help you... And you dare spit at me this way? :x

I'll see you in hell.

Um... no?

EDIT: The aforementioned paragraphs have been added and renumbered.

Arlington faked an injury. Ferguson goes into his cell. A scuffle occurs. Ferguson falls over dead. Arlington leaves. Later in the cutscene, Ferguson, a zombie, stands back up. Arlington says "I killed him." If you don't consider that evidence, then, seriously, leave.

lol.

Even the good ones get it wrong sometimes. You are WRONG!

(Leaves the thread)

Audio quote heard after entering the 4th set of numbers for the EE is...

"SO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH..."

Then we start to collect the audio logs to find out the rest of the story.

Notice how the voice say's "TRUTH"

Notice also how, when on the bridge when going onto the chairs to return to Alcatraz, and the characters all speak to each other, Weasel says...

"Trust me, we won't die... WE ARE IN PURGATORY"

Hmm... (leaves again)

I'm aware of all that. That doesn't change a thing. Does Tank Dempsey have a Facebook page? Does he know a man called "player"? You have to take quotes with a grain of salt. Btw, read the first post for the explanation of Lucifer's quote. There's no possible way for you to bring that up AND have read what we say about it.

Archived