A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is because of probability. I mean, if you have a plan to build and plane and go out to do it. What are the odds you succeed? Very small. But if you are in an infinite loop with an infinite chances, eventually you'll succeed.

Thanks nayrc :)

And Tac... I said earlier today that I'm working on that already. :(

• Administrators

I think it is because of probability. I mean, if you have a plan to build and plane and go out to do it. What are the odds you succeed? Very small. But if you are in an infinite loop with an infinite chances, eventually you'll succeed.

Thanks nayrc :)

And Tac... I said earlier today that I'm working on that already. :(

Oh my apologies, I thought you said you think someone should, not that you were. I'll let you do it then.

THERE YOU GO his third sign pic is the one that shows the word Perks. :) sorry I have a android phone and the tv is HD so I could've taken them in HD I just wasn't home yet but the size you got for your pics I couldn't have asked for anything better the bigger and less blurry the better :)

• Administrators

I can't decide what was in this map before, and what was added in after everything went to crap. Like that regulation 666 sign, some of these skulls, etc., like I'm debating if this Warden actually did worship Satan, or if these things just appeared after the fact.

• Administrators

I can't decide what was in this map before, and what was added in after everything went to crap. Like that regulation 666 sign, some of these skulls, etc., like I'm debating if this Warden actually did worship Satan, or if these things just appeared after the fact.

It is very likely that the Warden did worship Lucifer and force it upon the prison. That would explain most of the clippings on his bulletin. The events were going on for quite a while, but our crew doesn't exactly realize it because they are actually stuck within their own cycle. It's like a hamster within a ball in the middle of the ocean, the way I think of it. Anything goes on within that little "sphere" of time, but the outside environment doesn't necessarily become affected by that cycle.

The radios we hear towards the end of the Pop Goes the Weasel achievement explains how Ferguson was the guard until 1942...but yet we know the crew first died in 1933. In the cycle, however, we kill Ferguson and he becomes a zombie. There are two timelines crossing over one another. The timeline outside the cycle shows various amounts of satanic rituals that have been going underway for a while. And who would try to stop it - it was basically the Alcatraz enforcement versus the inmates (Grief), and nobody from the outside would notice.

That is, until we start seeing tabloids of suspicious activity lurking within the prison.

If the Warden has been worshiping Lucifer for a while, it would make sense that he used the inmates as sacrifices aka experiments to perform these demonic rituals. There are these signs that post about perk machines, crystal skulls that could only be seen in the Afterlife, etc etc. May I also mention - on a non-satanic viewpoint - that the plane parts are held hostage under the Warden locks. He locked away each part so that no one could possibly gather them...until now. This makes me believe that any occurrences within Alcatraz were happening for quite a long time. This gives us enough time to presume that the Warden was experimenting with his subjection to Lucifer's leadership. In what to gain, I do not exactly know.

Okay, I got some stuff.

This is said at the beginning of Round 1.

Sal: Woah. Oh. Was I just a f*cking ghost a second ago? It was like I was outside my body. What the f*ck?

Billy: What the f*ck? Were we f*cking dead?

Finn: Alright. Slow down, slow down. Let's think about this. There's gotta be an explanation.

Weasel: We all saw the same thing. We saw our bodies right before we climbed back in them. Let me explain something to you right off the bat. Whatever you do, whatever you say, whatever crazy sh*t you think up to rationalize this crazy sh*t, remember one thing: it won't f*cking matter.

This is said at the beginning of Round 2.

Weasel: Hey, check it out! A map of the prison! Five locations marked!

This is said at the beginning of Round 3.

Weasel: Let's focus on finding the parts so we can get out of here.

Finn: Listen, I think Weasel's right. I don't wanna hang around and see what other weird sh*t's gonna happen.

Billy: I ain't gonna argue with that.

Sal: Agreed. Let's get the h*ll off this rock.

This is said at the beginning of Round 4.

Sal: Listen to me! The whole wing's overrun. We need to get out of the Cell Block!

Finn: What makes you so sure it's different anywhere else?

Sal: I'm not. I just ain't waiting around here to die.

This is said the first time arriving at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Sal: This place… It's weird. I think we've been here before.

Finn: Sure we have. It's the Golden Gate Bridge.

Sal: New Year's Eve. It's always New Year's Eve!

Billy: What are you talking about, Sal? You ain't making any sense.

Weasel: Sal's right. The plane, the escape plan. We've done it all before.

I transcribed the signs. Notice how 23 appears twice.

INSTITUTION RULES AND REGULATIONS, U.S. PENITENTIARY ALCATRAZ

REGULATION #05

BASIC NEEDS

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FOOD,

CLOTHING, SHELTER, AND

MEDICAL ATTENTION. ANY-

THING ELSE THAT YOU GET IS

A PRIVILEGE.

REGULATION #11

LEAVING

TRANSFER TO OTHER FEDERAL

INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT BE

RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU

CAN SHOW A BETTER THAN

AVERAGE GOOD CONDUCT

RECORD.

REGULATION #23

COMPLAINTS

IF YOU MAKE GROUNDLESS

COMPLAINTS FOR THE PUR-

POSE OF CREATING DISSATIS-

FACTION… YOU WILL BE

SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY

ACTION.

REGULATION #23

WORK

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WORK

AT WHATEVER YOU ARE TOLD

TO DO. USE PERKS TO

INCREASE PERFORMANCE.

REGULATION #30

CELLHOUSE

LOUD TALKING, SHOUTING,

WHISTLING, SINGING, BLOOD

GARGLING OR OTHER UNNEC-

ESSARY NOISES ARE NOT

PERMITTED.

REGULATION #33

DINING ROOM

MEALS ARE SERVED THREE

TIMES A DAY IN THE DINING

ROOM. DO NOT EXCEED THE

RATION. DO NOT WASTE FOOD.

DO NOT PICK UP KEYS.

REGULATION #38

SUPPLIES

TOILET TISSUE, MATCHES,

SOAP, CLEANSER, FILES ETC.,

WILL BE ISSUED ON TUESDAYS

AND SATURDAYS DURING

BATHLINES.

REGULATION #666

DEAL WITH IT

DO NOT GET TOO CLOSE; THEY

ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.

DESTROY THEIR BRAINS FOR

QUICK EXTERMINATION. IF YOU

ARE BITTEN, PLEASE

KILL YOURSELF.

This is said upon getting all the skulls. I think Brutus was directing them towards the number step.

Brutus: Prisoner 101A, your number is up!

This is said the second time arriving at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Finn: We're not ever getting out. Not now. Not ever.

Billy: Why do we keep doing the same sh*t over and over? Are we in H*ll?

Sal: I don't think so. I don't think H*ll knows what to do with us.

Weasel: [whispers] We're in purgatory.

This is said upon completing the numbers step in the Side Mission.

Lucifer: So you want to know the truth?

These are Audiologs dropped by Lucifer detailing the future.

Ferguson: [Entry 1] My name is Stanley Ferguson. I was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. Today, I'm going to give you some insight into one of the more interesting tales of the prison's history. Over the decades, Alcatraz has seen more than its fair share of escape attempts. However, few are as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates on New Year's Eve, 1933. Thought to be the brainchild of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind.

Ferguson: [Entry 2] It's believe that Arlington, a.k.a. the Weasel, somehow convinced three other inmates that he had devised a foolproof plan to escape the Rock. It was a plan that would see them, literally, taking to the skies on a makeshift aircraft of Arlington's own design.

Ferguson: [Entry 3] Just how the Weasel managed to convince these hardened criminals that such a plan was even possible remains a mystery to this day. What is known is that no such plane was ever built. Instead, the group's plans for freedom soon descended into bitter argument and in-fighting.

Ferguson: [Entry 4] With the plan falling apart, anger and frustration would ultimately lead to a brutal altercation between the misguided Arlington and his former co-conspirators.

Ferguson: [Entry 5] Armed only with makeshift weapons, Finn O'Leary, Sal DeLuca, and Billy Handsome, lured the unsuspecting Arlington to the roof, where they planned to exact a bloody and violent revenge.

Ferguson: [Entry 6] And so it was here, beneath the dark and stormy winter skies, that the hapless Arlington met his grisly end, bleeding to death on the cold concrete roof. For their participation in the murder, the three collaborators were sent to death by Electric Chair. Justice came swiftly. On the morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out.

This is said in the final fight scene.

Finn: Look who's pal-ing around with the Weasel.

Weasel: No, no. I didn't do nothing! I'm not the bad guy.

Finn: You're gonna die for real this time!

Weasel: I hope you feel like f*cking bacon when you burn!

Right before the game ends, you can hear a ghostly, echoey version of Weasel talking. It is very hard to make out what he is saying. I did my best, but I know I didn't get it 100% correct. We won't know for sure until the PC version comes out.

Weird-Ghost Sound Weasel: I won't be okay unless you're dead. [?]

EDIT: Infest, I'll get back to you on that.

• Administrators

Could Regulation #23 be linked to each other? The first one you posted mentioned the perk machines, so we have to take into account that perk machines were introduced into Alcatraz before the gameplay itself kicks in. The second #23 regulation talks about immediate disciplinary action. Could it be a sacrifice that was the punishment...?

Also, it's interesting that with each cycle that is completed, the crew experiences déjà vu, especially Sal in the first cycle. By the time the final cycle is about to be completed/broken, they all remember what has been going on and plan to kill Al. Note that Al says "I'm not the bad guy!" Then who is, Weasel? ;)

(Uh oh, sounds bad.)

• Administrators

Thank you for doing all that Murder, I'm more than comfortable in my theory on this situation. It's something similar to reincarnation. Every time they die in the electric chairs, they're brought back in Alcatraz Island and they lose all their previous memories. However, theory states that déjà vu is you recognizing that you were in this particular situation in another life, but you cannot remember the details or specifics of the situation, hence why they remember that they did the plan.

As for Regulation #23, I have trouble thinking they're linked but I've got nothing to back that up besides a feeling lol.

REGULATION #11

LEAVING

INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT BE

RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU

CAN SHOW A BETTER THAN

AVERAGE GOOD CONDUCT

RECORD.

See this interests me. "Other Federal Institutions". I thought it wasn't federal till later on?

• Administrators

REGULATION #11

LEAVING

INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT BE

RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU

CAN SHOW A BETTER THAN

AVERAGE GOOD CONDUCT

RECORD.

See this interests me. "Other Federal Institutions". I thought it wasn't federal till later on?

It became a Federal Penitentiary in October of 1933, two months before this incident.

It is very likely that the Warden did worship Lucifer and force it upon the prison. That would explain most of the clippings on his bulletin. The events were going on for quite a while, but our crew doesn't exactly realize it because they are actually stuck within their own cycle. It's like a hamster within a ball in the middle of the ocean, the way I think of it. Anything goes on within that little "sphere" of time, but the outside environment doesn't necessarily become affected by that cycle.

I don't think the analogy really holds. I don't know what else to say about it. That kind of thinking to me just seems superfluous, unnecessary, overcomplicating things. I think the prisoners knew about the satanism stuff.

The radios we hear towards the end of the Pop Goes the Weasel achievement explains how Ferguson was the guard until 1942...but yet we know the crew first died in 1933. In the cycle, however, we kill Ferguson and he becomes a zombie. There are two timelines crossing over one another. The timeline outside the cycle shows various amounts of satanic rituals that have been going underway for a while. And who would try to stop it - it was basically the Alcatraz enforcement versus the inmates (Grief), and nobody from the outside would notice.

I don't like the word timeline being used. That's make it sound so well understood and scientific, when in reality, it is some mystical sort of time loop. Basically, there was history how it was. Lucifer puts them in a time loop, but they escape and alter history.

If the Warden has been worshiping Lucifer for a while, it would make sense that he used the inmates as sacrifices aka experiments to perform these demonic rituals. There are these signs that post about perk machines, crystal skulls that could only be seen in the Afterlife, etc etc. May I also mention - on a non-satanic viewpoint - that the plane parts are held hostage under the Warden locks. He locked away each part so that no one could possibly gather them...until now. This makes me believe that any occurrences within Alcatraz were happening for quite a long time. This gives us enough time to presume that the Warden was experimenting with his subjection to Lucifer's leadership. In what to gain, I do not exactly know.

That sounds about right.

Could Regulation #23 be linked to each other? The first one you posted mentioned the perk machines, so we have to take into account that perk machines were introduced into Alcatraz before the gameplay itself kicks in. The second #23 regulation talks about immediate disciplinary action. Could it be a sacrifice that was the punishment...?

I don't know. Something to also note, all of the regulations have two digits except for the 666 one. I think these anomalies just show off the Warden's... eccentricity. The one about the Perk machines is why I believe Lucifer was there before the Warden practiced satanism. It's like, if one day you were walking along, and God spoke to you, you'd probably then become really religious. Well one day, Lucifer spoke to the Warden, and he worshipped him. Therefore, the temporally displaced Perks that Lucifer did would be available for use. This also explains them having zombie inmates. Also the sign about the disciplinary action had a very suspicious ellipses in it. I think it was shady.

Also, it's interesting that with each cycle that is completed, the crew experiences déjà vu, especially Sal in the first cycle. By the time the final cycle is about to be completed/broken, they all remember what has been going on and plan to kill Al. Note that Al says "I'm not the bad guy!" Then who is, Weasel? ;)

(Uh oh, sounds bad.)

For the record, it seems I made a mistake. There are a few different conversations the characters will have when they reach it. I only detailed two. There are more. But yes, the final one is the final one. Infest, I don't think Al is that bad a guy. He's as bad as the rest of them, sure. But they stabbed him in the back, quite literally too. Explaining what's going on in the Side Mission, well that's a whole discussion in itself.

Thank you for doing all that Murder, I'm more than comfortable in my theory on this situation. It's something similar to reincarnation. Every time they die in the electric chairs, they're brought back in Alcatraz Island and they lose all their previous memories. However, theory states that déjà vu is you recognizing that you were in this particular situation in another life, but you cannot remember the details or specifics of the situation, hence why they remember that they did the plan.

As for Regulation #23, I have trouble thinking they're linked but I've got nothing to back that up besides a feeling lol.

That makes sense. However, for whatever reason, when they use the Electric Chairs, they do still retain their memory.

oM Blitz collected a ton of evidence about how the current zombie "ruler" could be Mictlantecuhtli, that guy way back from the NTZ loading screen.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31048

I don't meanto be that guy who just goes around advertising threads, but I think this should be greatly considered.

Yes, I saw that. Satan is a name. Just as is Mictlantecuhtli. Just as is Lucifer. I'll be sure to add it as an alternative name.

Btw, Tac, worrying about the prison's opening after 1933. Even before then, since the 1850's the place had been used as a military prison. So I don't see the dilemma.

EDIT: Something interesting to note. I was playing Solo as Finn the other day. He said when I began, "Billy? Sal? Where'd everybody go? Just me? Well, fine. I'll get out even if I have to build that plane myself!"

EDIT: I propose moving P02 and P10 in the midst of P04. P02 and P10 must've happened sometime before 1933.

EDIT: I went ahead and did it, if no one is opposed to that. Just look at the first few paragraphs. You'll see they've simply been rearranged with minimal changes. P05 is now really short, but we will fix that. ;)

• Administrators

Btw, Tac, worrying about the prison's opening after 1933. Even before then, since the 1850's the place had been used as a military prison. So I don't see the dilemma.

Well, yes, however, the conversion to Federal prison didn't take place until January 1934 and cells weren't even made until April of the same year, so the dilemma is that there should've been no one there.

And yeah I'm fine with the edits, looks alright to me at a first glance.

Well, yes, however, the conversion to Federal prison didn't take place until January 1934 and cells weren't even made until April of the same year, so the dilemma is that there should've been no one there.

Oh, well... I say just say that the government lied. That's not too far fetched, no? :P

• Administrators

Oh, well... I say just say that the government lied. That's not too far fetched, no? :P

xD No not at all. So did we figure out how the Zombies get to the bridge?

People have been saying that if you enter 115 into the number counter, Lucifer says "Not this time" and changes it to 666. I haven't verified this yet. But if it is true, I think Lucifer may have displaced the zombies from the future and placed them here just like he did the Perks. That is not say that there is NO 115 here. I do think there is some, just very little. (Not counting the 115 literally within their bodies.) (Assuming this is true.)

• Administrators

People have been saying that if you enter 115 into the number counter, Lucifer says "Not this time" and changes it to 666. I haven't verified this yet. But if it is true, I think Lucifer may have displaced the zombies from the future and placed them here just like he did the Perks. That is not say that there is NO 115 here. I do think there is some, just very little. (Assuming this is true.)

I've heard that a lot as well, which for me signifies that there's no 115 there, but that's just my opinion. Yeah I can see him just bringing them back, but I'm confused how they get to the Bridge from the island, like can they swim or do they teleport or what?

Well there's 115 in Electric Cherry, so there's at least that much 115. I think it makes sense. When some miracle metal comes out ('30's), usually it is at first used seldom until its uses are fully understood ('40's).

Honestly, Lucifer just spawns them there. The mobsters try to get away, but it does them no good.

• Administrators

It really does say "Not this time" and the numbers switch to 666 after entering 115, btw. I tried this on my second attempt at the map.

And entering 935 switches it to 777, which are the numbers that represent God.

Entering 935 plays the song "Where are we Going". I didn't stick around to see what the numbers shuffled too.

Official Kevin Sherwood Lyrics

PS. There's like 2 whole pages added here since my last visit, all with big posts. I got some reading to do. :D

Archived