A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Ah okay, thank you. I was trying to think of a valid reason as to why Grief mode can't really be included in the story but it was to no avail, as I can't find any sort of valid reason haha. So with that, I'll join in.

I agree that Nuketown most likely took the harder of damage, just because the missiles didn't look like they were heading for Washington, more like Russia. I was talking with a few others last night and came to the conclusion it was just improper planning, but how Green Run has cracks in the ground from a nuke in Nuketown, however Groom Lake just has a red sky :lol:

Here is the next paragraph. Let me know what you guys think.

P57.The robotic Bus Driver survived the missiles, although he was heavily damaged. He suffered many damages to both his exterior and interior. He happened to be near Nuketown when the missiles hit, but he was far enough away to avoid destruction. Marlton left the fallout shelter, unscathed, and boarded the bus. He began to drive all over the western side of the country with Marlton as his passenger. Over the course of many years, the Bus Driver picked up more passengers. First was Abigail "Misty" Briarton, a southern woman, and she and Marlton, or "Marly" as she called him, developed feelings for one another. Samuel J. Stuhlanger, a conspiracy theorist, and Russman, a relatively old man, joined as passengers as well.

• Administrators

I feel like the fourth sentence about the Bus Drivers condition would be better suited in the first sentence, for the sake of "flow". Also, do we have an idea on the order of being picked up or was that your own personal conjecture?

Okay, fixed. I talked about it earlier. It's the new character dynamic really. Originally, we had Tank liking Takeo who liked Richtofen who liked Nikolai who liked Tank. Instead we have 2 versus 2 thing going. Marlton likes Misty. Misty likes Marlton. Russman likes Samuel. Samuel likes Russman. I think that makes it safe to say they first formed two pairs and only joined up together in a group of four shortly before Green Run. Otherwise they wouldn't want to be together, unless they had to, and we've seen that before, especially since Russman specifically says he wants to ditch them when he gets a chance. We know Marlton was in the bus first, so that means that Misty would be next, followed by the next two.

EDIT: Tac, would you agree that all the extra Maxis and Richtofen quotes are cut quotes that never made it into the game?

• Administrators

Well, I don't play the game so I can't tell you which ones are cut or not. Now, I know I don't need to since you seem to already know, but I mean that if I listened to the quotes I would not be able to tell you which ones are cut or not. But if they are "extra" as it sounds, then I'd say they were cut, yes.

MM, I didn't mean to exclude you. He was just the only person replying at the moment. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pointed him out specifically. Thank you. I'm glad you agree.

Anything you have to say about my paragraph? Do you agree with my statements on how the new group met up? Or, anything about anything about the story you would like to discuss?

EDIT: @Tac: Oh okay. Yeah, a lot of them are never heard in the game. And some of Maxis's refer to stuff not even in the game, cut content I believe. Btw, WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE THE GAME?!:evil:

EDIT: *ahem* I mean, why do you not have the game, Tac?

• Administrators

EDIT: @Tac: Oh okay. Yeah, a lot of them are never heard in the game. And some of Maxis's refer to stuff not even in the game, cut content I believe. Btw, WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE THE GAME?!:evil:

EDIT: *ahem* I mean, why do you not have the game, Tac?

Haha I have the game, I just generally dislike playing Zombies. I don't have sufficient enough Internet to play online, so I can only play solo, thus making me gradually hate the mode itself. I just like the story :D

Everything looks spiff shape in your paragraph. And you'll probably cover this in a later paragraph but I think Stulanger has possibly had a little too much exposure to 115. It would fit the voice/exposure pattern. Yuri started hearing Samantha because he worked very closely with the Gersch device and Richtofen was exposed to the energy within the MPD.

• Administrators

I had always thought that they could enter anyones head, but not necessarily be listened to by everyone. However that does beg some questions like why Sam didn't go to Gersh directly, going to Yuri instead.

I had believed that when Richtofen enters Samuel's head it was because he would easily listen since he is the conspiracy theorist he is. He can speak to everyone, like when giving power ups and what not, so had I thought he could enter anyone's head as well.

Well here's a theory to throw into the works:

What if Grief is just supposed to be an example of the power Rictofen possesses and has nothing to do with the story or timeline (that he has the ability to turn people against one another). And grief itself is just a small depiction of what could of happened if you didn't blow up the Earth; war. So Treyarch quite simply adapted this into a game mode.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard, Anyway that's my take on Grief.

Thanks for the post. :)

However, I disagree. I think Grief does attribute to the story. The levels are covered in lava and fog. The world was still nuked. I do think Richtofen made them turn on one another. However, given the nature of bureaucratic agencies, I don't think it was that hard for him to do so.

EDIT: So guys. I think that canonically, both the Maxis and Richtofen Easter Eggs happened. I think the characters helped both of them. What do you think? Also, anything anyone would like to say on the Green Run Recordings before I begin with them? Mini-civil war in my eyes.

@Monopoly Mac: I really hope not. I like having a linear story. With four DLCs, I doubt that Treyarch will make 2^4, or 16 different endings to Black Ops II. Especially since you can help both in one game.

P58.Some survivors in this post-apocalyptic world took refuge in a former government facility in Jackass Flats, Nevada. Maxis contacted these survivors through the technology present there.

Maxis was limited in that he could only communicate through technology. Also, devices with high amounts of power would interfere with his signal, preventing him from communicating. He insisted that he did not mean to inflict as much damage on the world as he did, and he told the survivors that he was trying to creat global polarization devices. Richtofen, however, also contacted the survivors.

When some of the survivors began hearing Richtofen and following his orders, a sort of civil war in Jackass Flats broke out, with one half fighting for Richtofen and the other for Maxis, each trying to establish some sort of tower with a power input.

The conflict grew. Each side had their disadvantages. Maxis wasn't punctual with his limited responses, and Richtofen was able to only penetrate a few people's minds. Armed conflict killed many people, and some people even went crazy due to the predicament.

The outcome of the battle is not known.

• Administrators

Makes enough sense to me. The radio from the T.V. basically stated that there was an internal conflict among the group where people began to form into factions based on the ones who heard Maxis and the select few that heard Richtofen.

I'm just thinking though; because we hear the radio occurring from what seems to have happened before Green Run, isn't is possible to assume the conclusion of the "battle" at Jackass Flats? As you stated, the two overseers (that's what I'll call their plural form from now on) are using the survivors to establish a tower much similar to the one we are so associated with in Hanford. A conflict occurred between the separation of the groups aiding each of the overseers' plans. The voices they hear must have become louder, and much more demanding that most of the survivors could not take it anymore and started to attack one another or commit suicide [yes, it's rather sketchy to think of such a thing, but anxiety and torment can lead to that very easily]. Thus, the tower at Jackass Flats was not powered up for either Maxis nor Richtofen. The failure of the setup eventually led them both to contact the group in Green Run later on.

From what I can tell given the quotes we have and how to overseers handle the instructions/dialogue of the Easter Egg, one could assume that this is the first tower to ever be constructed as the receptor or transmitter for the both of them. Of course, Richtofen only needs the towers to gain complete control of the zombies and "plague" the world to become his. Maxis, on the other hand, just needs a bold first step in gaining any sort of power to fight against Richtofen. Either way you look at it, Green Run's tower seems to be of the most importance at the moment because it is the first successfully established power generator for either side.

• Administrators

I agree with InfestLithium, it seems like they are able to get into more heads than before so maybe they've begun learning the tricks. Idk, I've never really cared for discussion about the Maxis v Richtofen fued, so I not have too much to offer.

Here we go then. How about this? Btw, Tac, how could you just not be interested in a part of the story? Seems odd to me.

P58.Some survivors in this post-apocalyptic world took refuge in a former government facility in Jackass Flats, Nevada. Maxis contacted these survivors through the technology present there.

Maxis was limited in that he could only communicate through technology. Also, devices with high amounts of power would interfere with his signal, preventing him from communicating. He insisted that he did not mean to inflict as much damage on the world as he did, and he told the survivors that he was trying to create global polarization devices. Richtofen, however, also contacted the survivors.

When some of the survivors began hearing Richtofen and following his orders, a sort of civil war in Jackass Flats broke out, with one half fighting for Richtofen and the other for Maxis, each trying to establish some sort of tower with a power input.

The conflict grew. Each side had their disadvantages. Maxis wasn't punctual with his limited responses, and Richtofen was able to only penetrate a few people's minds. Armed conflict killed many people, and some people even went crazy due to the predicament.

The survivors were so concerned with killing the other side that neither Maxis nor Richtofen gained control of the tower in Jackass Flats.

• Administrators

Reading back through it I realized what seemed off to me, I don't think that they are just survivors. I had always thought they were workers inside Jackass Flats. Obviously, I could be wrong, it's just always however seen it.

Between recording 1 and 2, you've spelled 'create' as 'creat'.

Are we sure that neither side won the tower control?

As for my lack of interest, we've all got things that we just don't really care to talk about for whatever reasons, whether they be disbelief on the topic or lack of interest. This specific topic just doesn't interest me all that much, because it can be interpreted so many ways. People can talk about how it's the lesser of two evils, or who's evil and who's good, or who's winning this battle. While I have my opinions on all of them, lack of maps and understanding of the situation just make me want to wait to discuss it I guess.

Archived