A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Administrators

Hm. Tac, do you think the Soviet involvement at Green Run was with or without the US's permission? Do you think their covert operations were working with or against the US's covert operations?

I'd say that given the time period, 80s-90s, the Cold War was really winding down and it would not surprise me if it was a joint effort of some kind.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm. Tac, do you think the Soviet involvement at Green Run was with or without the US's permission? Do you think their covert operations were working with or against the US's covert operations?

I'd say that given the time period, 80s-90s, the Cold War was really winding down and it would not surprise me if it was a joint effort of some kind.

I agree. Wait a minute. You think it's in the '80's? It seemed you didn't think so earlier.

• Administrators

I agree. Wait a minute. You think it's in the '80's? It seemed you didn't think so earlier.

How do we know this is the right time? In the basement under Town, there are a few crates that have the USSR State Quality Mark, which was established in 1967 and swapped out in 1991 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, giving us a basic timeline of 1967-1991. Take that a step further and you will see a silo with Russian writing on it, which is a result of the Chernobyl accident in 1986. In the Green Run radios, Dr. Maxis says he has been searching for survivors of the Moon nukes (1966/1967) for decades, which puts at least at 1986, coinciding with Chernobyl. The eye color of the zombies are blue the entire time, indicating it's after the MPD Soul Swap between Richtofen and Sam on Moon.

That's what I have on my T+L thread. It's the briefest explanation I have for my belief.

The really big problem i have with the time of tranzit is that Richtofen and Maxis both have a quote about the time of the map, but the times they each suggest are completely different:

Richtofen says he is "just getting use to the Aether" sugesting tranzit to have happened soon after moon,

But Maxis says he has been "searching for decades" suggesting it to be at least 20 years after moon.

Is there any way to explain this other than "it took Richtofen 20 years to get use to the Aether"?

Personally I believe it does take place decades after moon rather than soon after but the fact that Richtofen has such an obvious quote suggesting other wise really bugs me.

The really big problem i have with the time of tranzit is that Richtofen and Maxis both have a quote about the time of the map, but the times they each suggest are completely different:

Richtofen says he is "just getting use to the Aether" sugesting tranzit to have happened soon after moon,

But Maxis says he has been "searching for decades" suggesting it to be at least 20 years after moon.

Is there any way to explain this other than "it took Richtofen 20 years to get use to the Aether"?

Personally I believe it does take place decades after moon rather than soon after but the fact that Richtofen has such an obvious quote suggesting other wise really bugs me.

Well Monopoly Mac and I were discussing the numbers of the Zombies earlier, and the evidence seems to suggest that Zombies are still isolated outbreaks, not all over the planet, i.e. then missiles had no 115. What this means is that for the past 20 years, as far as we know, Richtofen was literally just sitting there until more Zombies rose at Green Run. This wouldn't be there first time. Samantha waited 20 years for Kino to happen. Although she had Gersch to entertain herself... So I think that maybe Richtofen took so long to get used to it because he was literally doing NOTHING since Nuketown/Moon.

EDIT: If you talked for the first time in 20 years, I bet your voice would be a bit raspy as well.

There are corrosive barrels all over the place. A small farm in the '60's would not have any corrosive materials; it's not an industrial plant. That makes me thing something fishy is going on. Also, there's been talk of there being a Russian missile silo there. (I looked myself and saw two silos, one looking suspicious, but I must admit I couldn't see anything conclusive.)

This brings us back to our arguement regarding their time travel adventure and in which time period did they ultimately wind up in. again. Now assuming you wish to keep your theory that the whole George incident occured in a parallel universe (because if it didn't then it would actually break the timeline as Richtofen would be going to the future get the rod and if you want to say, goes back to the past and blows the earth up thus making it impossible for the guys to even exist in the future for him to get the rod from) then we can only really guess that this had to have occured at some point AFTER Nuketown (zombies eyes are already different on TranZit). Then wouldn't it make a little more sense to look on Nuketown for clues as TranZit itself could occur at ANYTIME after Nuketown, while if we can figure out when Nuketown occured then we can figure out the time period of Moon and then we can determine TranZit occured from there.

Murder, Tac, hope that wasn't to complex for you to figure out tell me and I will simplify it for you.

This brings us back to our arguement regarding their time travel adventure and in which time period did they ultimately wind up in. again. Now assuming you wish to keep your theory that the whole George incident occured in a parallel universe (because if it didn't then it would actually break the timeline as Richtofen would be going to the future get the rod and if you want to say, goes back to the past and blows the earth up thus making it impossible for the guys to even exist in the future for him to get the rod from) then we can only really guess that this had to have occured at some point AFTER Nuketown (zombies eyes are already different on TranZit). Then wouldn't it make a little more sense to look on Nuketown for clues as TranZit itself could occur at ANYTIME after Nuketown, while if we can figure out when Nuketown occured then we can figure out the time period of Moon and then we can determine TranZit occured from there.

Murder, Tac, hope that wasn't to complex for you to figure out tell me and I will simplify it for you.

the first part of this makes me think of back to the future 2... anyway this makes me feel like some future map could take place before the moon incident, to avoid it... like marty does taking back the almanach in 1955 to save the future again... :)

My post was actually meaning that, maybe we are all looking in the wrong place to determine Moon, Nuketowns, TranZit's, time period. If Nuketown occured during the time of Moon and before Tranzit then maybe our answers lie there instead we've been focusing more on Tranzit to discover a time period though.

8Q_GQqUg6Ts

The theory of going back in time and preventing yourself form going back in time to create a paradox is only one of many. In fact, that theory is pretty dated: Back to the Future. An alternative, which Zombies now is highly evidenced to employ, is:

Richtofen went to 2011. He then went back in time to the 1960's and blew the Earth up, thus preventing the 2011 event from occurring. However, there is no paradox. The new string of events formed their timeline. If time is considered the 4th dimension, you can think of the 5th dimension being the changing of time itself. So Richtofen's past is still intact in another dimension; but he resides in a dimension that he has completely rewritten. See the dimension video above, and focus on the 4th, 5th, and 6th dimensions. It helps when thinking about it.

@MonopolyMac: Yes, quite shady. Btw, I'm pretty sure that the silo is a missile silo. The Farm has two silos, when it doesn't really need two. But the second one is a LOT sleeker, taller, and elongated. Suspicious, but not conclusive. But the corrosive barrels I think are. Anyway, I think that among the shady experiments done there were on people. Perhaps they were experimenting with Zombies as well. (We know the Zombies are there because of 115. Richtofen said Zombies already had a lot in them; so it is a likely source.) The orange jumpsuits I think are due to experimentation on the citizens that no one cares about: convicts. As for the sanatorium, they could've been experimenting on either abandoned mentally ill people, or they were using the sanatorium as their testing facility/coverup/etc.

@jopopo: While it's not a bad idea, Treyarch won't do it. Treyarch has never retroactively made a map. All of the maps take place in chronological order (to Richtofen's perspective). I don't think that's going to change.

@Zelkova: Have you seen Tac's time thread? We aren't really struggling at all. In fact, we've made great strides I think.

@jopopo: While it's not a bad idea, Treyarch won't do it. Treyarch has never retroactively made a map. All of the maps take place in chronological order (to Richtofen's perspective). I don't think that's going to change.

i agree, but since the end of moon's ee, we no longer follow richtofen, since he is now our enemy... think of a star wars comparison (love classic movies and i think treyarch writers too...) : first three episodes we follow anakin, until it turns out to be the real evil (which we know he was since the beggining), then follow the alliance that wants to destroy his plans...

I'm not saying we should support Richtofen, but the story has gone chronologically from his point of view, i.e. chronologically excluding the time travel, and will probably continue to do so. He is pretty much everywhere now, so it is no good avoiding him. :P But the next map will probably be in Richtofen's future, whatever, wherever, whenever.

that's just the point where writting a story becomes exciting. we know we will follow richtofen until his end, its inevitable since he keeps on fucking with us, sending us zombies and trying to kill us.

but in bo1 we followed him because nobody else had a plan : all the other characters we could play with were not really knowing what was happening to them, and had no idea on how going further in the story, only richtofen knew, and used them to get to is goal.

what is interresting is that in tranzit, we can follow the leader we want, either richtofen or maxis.

the greatest power of richtofen is his force of persuasion : he can take over week minds to get their help.

now that maxis talks to us too, it can really become one of those books you're the hero, choosing to help either one or the other of them, while you still don't really know where you re going.

the fact is that if you're not dumb you won't follow the instructions of a guy that trys to kill you all the time...

well it's 4 am here i think i am getting tired, all of this is very confused, but i love to try to predict what would be the next step of the plot, i can't help but doing it all the time... plus that makes me practice my english... anyway good night. :)

@ MurderMachineX then we all make theories. isn't that the point of the forums? doesn't treyarch look at all the forums? thats how they got the idea for sam,and they like how we can link things together and make theories.

i have a theory on call of the dead & green run but ill write abut it later.

for future dlc....well if we follow keno with the posters predictions. in one of bo2 multiplayer maps the one with the trains there are movie posters one with the sea (water power?) one with the windmill (wind power?)(windmills are in tranzit by NDU)one with a nuclear power plant(nuclear power?) i think thats all the posters, remember the multiplayer maps do have a stiky note that says the zombies are coming :P

we could see the return of jfk and the gang depending on the way they do the whole time travel thing and what time the maps take place.

@jopopo: Everything you say is true. Although I disagree on one thing.

It's not lack of intelligence that makes people listen to Richtofen. Richtofen can talk aloud, however it seems that whoever is in Aether has the ability to infiltrate your mind and speak limitlessly. Samantha did it with Yuri. Richtofen does it with Samuel. He can only do it to a fraction of the population apparently, but they CAN'T shut him out. They either do what he says or be driven crazy. Just like Yuri. I think Maxis is more persuasive, because the people that follow him have the choice to shut him out.

@undeadarcademachine: Yes, I don't discourage theory-making. While thinking about future DLC is fun and all, this isn't exactly the thread for it. There's nothing to discuss; you can't really discuss something analytically when it hasn't happened.

• Administrators

To answer your question on the last page MMX, after reading through everything I agree that the Maxis quote was about post-nuke 1960's instead of pre-nuke 1945 like I has thought.

As for the Hanford Sanitarium, that was a real place in Hanford, CA. I assume that they did sanitarium-y stuff, but I can't find much on them except that they became a hospital in 1910 and closed down in 1973, parts wing used today as government facilities. Any chance this is related, maybe the zombies in hospital gowns no one can explain? Just food for thought.

Archived