A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Administrators

Well an AI is an entity. I don't think it is impossible that he is in Aether, but I think the possibility of him being an AI is greater. As for him having the technology, the same could be said about teleporters, or Ray Guns, or quantum entanglement.

Well an Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence of machines themselves, based on my understanding. So by AI, you don't mean something like Cleverbot.com where a computer reads what you say and comes up with a response? You mean something like an actual being that can contact through electronics only?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I can say the latter, but that is based on the meaning of your words; you might want to be more elaborate just to make sure. An artificial intelligence really just is an intelligence, an entity, made artificially. The idea is that Maxis got into the computer systems, electronic systems. How? Well I thought of it as the old, re-used idea of downloading someone's intelligence in an artificial format. Portal used such an idea. So did Fallout. Isaac Asimov even used that idea. Now, one might say that the timeframe for such a thing is ridiculous. But think about it. Maxis had THE most sophisticated technological arsenal on the planet, rivaling only the traitorous Richtofen. He also had experience creating one of the most advanced computer systems of his time. If ANYONE could do such a thing, it'd be him.

From what I understand, the Æther, electronic signals, radio waves, frequencies, resonance etc... Are the same thing?

Here are some very interesting articles about Tesla's electronic findings regarding the Æther.

This one is titled -

Theories of the Aether

Articles relating to the Emergence of

Scientific Theories of the Cosmic Aether

http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_1.html

This Link is the book - The Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/915062

Sorry to join the conversation a few days late.

@ Nayrc

Regarding the Bus Driver Locations, they relate to 3 things in general - The Nuclear Age - Underground Military sites - Disasters!

I have pretty much have completed my thread regarding this.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=25277

• Administrators

Well I can say the latter, but that is based on the meaning of your words; you might want to be more elaborate just to make sure. An artificial intelligence really just is an intelligence, an entity, made artificially. The idea is that Maxis got into the computer systems, electronic systems. How? Well I thought of it as the old, re-used idea of downloading someone's intelligence in an artificial format. Portal used such an idea. So did Fallout. Isaac Asimov even used that idea. Now, one might say that the timeframe for such a thing is ridiculous. But think about it. Maxis had THE most sophisticated technological arsenal on the planet, rivaling only the traitorous Richtofen. He also had experience creating one of the most advanced computer systems of his time. If ANYONE could do such a thing, it'd be him.

Oh well then I guess we are on the same page then. I agree he's an entity.

I cannot affect physical change... yet. - Dr. Maxis

@Monopoly Mac: I can't think of where he would be that would give him the ability to access to many worldwide electronic systems. I'm convinced he's not in Aether, but because it IS infinite, I don't know

@PINNAZ: I've always been under the impression Aether is a dimension itself, since we travel through it with teleporters. I'll have to look into this a bit more I suppose.

@PINNAZ: Well, Aether has been confirmed to be its own dimension. Richtofen specifically said it was. And it's fine; you can join anytime. :)

@Monopoly Mac: That is all true, but it doesn't discount the AI possibility. In fact, I think it rather interesting to have an entity completely formless in a technological way, just like the internet, sorta.

@Tac: Are you sure? I just don't want to go "Yay we agree" and find out down the line that you or I meant something else. And, if you recall, Maxis's first appearance in his current form was on Griffin Station, which had a wireless phone, as detailed in the Radios.

I think if Maxis was in Aether, he'd just be tormented like Samantha did with Gersch. I also think the technological control is something unseen and incapable from Aether.

• Administrators

@Tac: Are you sure? I just don't want to go "Yay we agree" and find out down the line that you or I meant something else. And, if you recall, Maxis's first appearance in his current form was on Griffin Station, which had a wireless phone, as detailed in the Radios.

Yeah I agree it's an entity entirely, I just don't feel comfortable calling it an AI, personally.

I think if Maxis was in Aether, he'd just be tormented like Samantha did with Gersch. I also think the technological control is something unseen and incapable from Aether.

Not true, Gersch maintained contact with the original four via the facilites secrutiy systems. That said of course, I have little doubt that Maxis is an AI. Credits confirm it, and Maxis appears to have not aged since he was shot and killed at Griffin Station.

As one could recall, he stored parts of himself in the Data Servants, much in the same way Reznov implanted himself into Masons head. After a certain amount of time however, he must have given up on trying to implant himself in the original four and instead formed his own interface. This interface seems to operate much in the same way as Mandeze's worm program, able to override control of any electrical equipment on earth.

Yes, he is. "Him" is his name, as specified in the achievement. He has no other name. You can't even call him the Electric Zombie because we aren't sure if he is one.

EDIT: nayrc and Tac: Sorry I didn't mean to mislead you. But I do still think he is an AI though. I mean, we could argue, but there's nothing exactly concrete.

Actually 'he' is named Avogadro.

@Faust: Gersch talked to the original characters via "voice in the sky", same as Richtofen and Samantha. He had to get the group to turn on all the technology. His voice wasn't constrained by a technological device of any kind. And the credits just say he is "Maxis". In fact, the credits are VERY vague about it. They spelled out Misty's full name, but they only put "Maxis" for Maxis. As for that bit about the Data Servants, that's an interesting way to think of it.

@ExpertCoah: No, he is not. He has not name. Confirmed via achievements. The name Avogadro is fan-based only. It is just as correct as T.E.D.D., which is to say not at all.

To be fair, Gersch talked through the radio system in Ascension similar to Maxis. But until a new map comes out, I think it's a stalemate from here.

So what do you think Maxis' plan was with the rockets? According to his quote, he miscalculated and now there is a global catastrophe which was nothis intention. If that wasn't his intention what was it?

I've done the Ascension Easter Egg and I've listened to the quotes. I'm pretty sure my memory isn't being faulty, right? His voice was just as echoey as Samantha's, and it wasn't staticky or anything. (Btw, just to make sure, none of that was sarcasm.)

Honestly, I really have no idea what he was trying to do. Originally I thought he was trying to put us out of our misery so we wouldn't be tormented by Richtofen. But if he intended for less devastation, perhaps he had something else in mind. I don't think he is evil. I think he has a plan. He hasn't shown evil intentions thus far.

@Faust: Gersch talked to the original characters via "voice in the sky", same as Richtofen and Samantha. He had to get the group to turn on all the technology. His voice wasn't constrained by a technological device of any kind. And the credits just say he is "Maxis". In fact, the credits are VERY vague about it. They spelled out Misty's full name, but they only put "Maxis" for Maxis. As for that bit about the Data Servants, that's an interesting way to think of it.

@ExpertCoah: No, he is not. He has not name. Confirmed via achievements. The name Avogadro is fan-based only. It is just as correct as T.E.D.D., which is to say not at all.

I beg to differ on the Gersch thing, the voice is clearly grainy and sterophonic, you can tell it is over the same PA that announces rocket protocalls. He also seems to communicate through the CCTV, I assume helping us by displaying the box and flashing images of the illuminati pyramid (probably as a method of communication to richtofen).

And Mac, that part still conflicts me. That is chiefly what makes the choice between Maxis and Richtofen a difficult one. Indeed, I think Maxis was attempting to ruin Richtofen's plan by leaving him nothing to control. That is what makes him so hard to peg as a hero or villian now. The comment you just mentioned was cut in replace of manic laughter. No doubt he manipulated the four for his own gain.

• Administrators

Entity is a vague term. If you don't think it's an AI, then we in fact do not agree.

Well if it's a vague term, why are you using it here?

" ... just is an intelligence, an entity, made ... "

@Mac: I cannot tell for certain, perhaps just heavily contaminated areas?

@Faust: I was always under the impression it was via the speakers as well, the voice sounds grainy to me.

But in Nuketown 2025 we can tell one major location hit was the Nevada Test sight and Groom Lake. Perhaps his intent all along was to destory the final remaining locations conducting research with element 115 to stop the horrors of Group 935's technology.

• Administrators

But in Nuketown 2025 we can tell one major location hit was the Nevada Test sight and Groom Lake. Perhaps his intent all along was to destory the final remaining locations conducting research with element 115 to stop the horrors of Group 935's technology.

I haven't played the multiplayer map Nuketown 2025 yet, so I can't be certain of that. But if what you say is true, then that is very possible.

• Administrators

@MMX I'd like to beg the differ! If I remember correctly, the achievement regarding him specifically referred to him as the Avogadro. And why wouldn't that be his name if Waffles, PTG, Syndicate, etc. all refer to 'him' as the Avogadro?

An old leaked Achievement named him the Avogadro, that's why people call him that.

"You Have No Power Over Me – In Transit, defeat the Avogadro without being attacked by it (15g)"

@MMX I'd like to beg the differ! If I remember correctly, the achievement regarding him specifically referred to him as the Avogadro. And why wouldn't that be his name if Waffles, PTG, Syndicate, etc. all refer to 'him' as the Avogadro?

An old leaked Achievement named him the Avogadro, that's why people call him that.

"You Have No Power Over Me – In Transit, defeat the Avogadro without being attacked by it (15g)"

That's what I was referring to. I guess that rules out my argument since it was leaked...Oh well.

• Administrators

That's what I was referring to. I guess that rules out my argument since it was leaked...Oh well.

In my personal opinion, leaked doesn't mean fake.

But in Nuketown 2025 we can tell one major location hit was the Nevada Test sight and Groom Lake. Perhaps his intent all along was to destroy the final remaining locations conducting research with element 115 to stop the horrors of Group 935's technology.

I'm starting to lean towards this theory more and more.

Richtofen needs the 115 for something. For what remains unclear, but we know that he needs it. This is seen in the Tower of Babble EE when he needs 115 from the flesh of the zombies. Doesn't he even say the only place you can find it is in the flesh.

So perhaps Maxis targets we're major areas of 115 study: Germany, Area 51, and Russia. Or perhaps his targets were Area 51, SNN, and the area of Tunguska Event in Russia, the three locations stated by Maxis in his data servant files. Again something that's unclear, but it would be logical to think Maxis was attempting to destroy the Element 115 on Earth in an attempt to "break Richtofen's connection with Earth".

After that failed, Richtofen was able to gain control, and is now in search of 115 energy for some reason. HAARP is one possibility for where this energy could be going. Maxis must now resort to using "global polarization devices to stop him".

Also, one interesting thing to note that while playing Nuketown 2025 and equipping a Tactical Insertion, the coordinates shown on the device read 39 degrees North and 117 degrees West, just a degree or two off of the cooridnates relayed on the Jackass Flats radio. While these coordinates in reality are actually a quite a bit of a distance away from each other, it may be Treyarch's attempt at telling us the location of Nuketown was right near Jackass Flats/Area 51.

I beg to differ on the Gersch thing, the voice is clearly grainy and sterophonic, you can tell it is over the same PA that announces rocket protocalls. He also seems to communicate through the CCTV, I assume helping us by displaying the box and flashing images of the illuminati pyramid (probably as a method of communication to richtofen).

And Mac, that part still conflicts me. That is chiefly what makes the choice between Maxis and Richtofen a difficult one. Indeed, I think Maxis was attempting to ruin Richtofen's plan by leaving him nothing to control. That is what makes him so hard to peg as a hero or villian now. The comment you just mentioned was cut in replace of manic laughter. No doubt he manipulated the four for his own gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88X95oXuI64

I just listened to Gersch's voice. It is clearly NOT over the PA. Listen to the actual PA system. Then listen to his voice. There is a DISTINCT difference, and it isn't just the person's voice. And, until proven otherwise, I currently trust Maxis. His intent hasn't seemed evil to me.

Well if it's a vague term, why are you using it here?

" ... just is an intelligence, an entity, made ... "

@Faust: I was always under the impression it was via the speakers as well, the voice sounds grainy to me.

Monopoly Mac brought up the word entity. It works, but it is still vague. I am saying that he is a sentient being, an entity. That is INCREDIBLY broad. What kind of entity? A biological one? A transcendent one? An artificial one?

Oooh. That could very well be it. That would make him not-so-evil, btw. However, we can't be sure until DLC. But, if the question is never answered, I believe THAT ^ is our best answer.

I haven't played the multiplayer map Nuketown 2025 yet, so I can't be certain of that. But if what you say is true, then that is very possible.

I think he meant Nuketown Zombies, yes?

There was no such achievement. It's called misinformation. *ahem* T.E.D.D.?!!! *ahem* Just because someone says that is what it is, does not make it correct. Btw, if Syndicate said it, you should KNOW that it is wrong...

The seed of wrong information.

Yeah.

I too think that he was aiming for contaminated areas. There have been over 900 nuclear tests in the Nevada desert. Who knows how many involved 115. It would make sense for Maxis to aim at such a fucked up wasteland.

But the question is: did the missiles contain 115? Logic would dictate that they did, and that is what has caused Zombies to rise all over the world, which would make destroying contamination pointless. I think destroying 935 materials, not the element itself, would be a clearer goal.

In my personal opinion, leaked doesn't mean fake.

Why not? It was LEAKED. Not official. It may as well have never existed. It was not endorsed by Treyarch. It might as well have been Photoshopped.

Well I like to consider the electric guy as the Avogadro.

Well, it's wrong. Treyarch hasn't called him that. You are calling him a made-up name. You might as well call him Jimmy, or Jimmy Z.

I'm starting to lean towards this theory more and more.

Richtofen needs the 115 for something. For what remains unclear, but we know that he needs it. This is seen in the Tower of Babble EE when he needs 115 from the flesh of the zombies. Doesn't he even say the only place you can find it is in the flesh.

So perhaps Maxis targets we're major areas of 115 study: Germany, Area 51, and Russia. Or perhaps his targets were Area 51, SNN, and the area of Tunguska Event in Russia, the three locations stated by Maxis in his data servant files. Again something that's unclear, but it would be logical to think Maxis was attempting to destroy the Element 115 on Earth in an attempt to "break Richtofen's connection with Earth".

After that failed, Richtofen was able to gain control, and is now in search of 115 energy for some reason. HAARP is one possibility for where this energy could be going. Maxis must now resort to using "global polarization devices to stop him".

Also, one interesting thing to note that while playing Nuketown 2025 and equipping a Tactical Insertion, the coordinates shown on the device read 39 degrees North and 117 degrees West, just a degree or two off of the cooridnates relayed on the Jackass Flats radio. While these coordinates in reality are actually a quite a bit of a distance away from each other, it may be Treyarch's attempt at telling us the location of Nuketown was right near Jackass Flats/Area 51.

I'm confused. What does Nuketown 2025 have to do with anything?

Archived