A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Moderators

So guys. I think we are done for now. Good job everyone.

*Claps*

We've added pretty much everything new. Everything is open for discussion, so feel free to post to ask questions, comment, critique, or whatever you want. But we have now caught up to Treyarch. Don't worry; things will pick up when the DLC comes out.

Yay. ^.^

It is party time.

Schpleen for everyone. :twisted:

Now I can't wait for the dlc. :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really great post, a lot of time and effort was put into this. Very informative.

I especially liked having all the radio transcripts in one place and can now see where, and how they all fit in the storyline. I can also see now to my surprise, a large percentage of the back story is actually based off these radio transcripts.

It does seem to get loosely connected after nuketown. Especially between nuketown and green run. This is only due to the lack of info made available to us.

It will be interesting to see if future dlc will shed some more light on this timeline.

Thanks for the info and I hope u keep updating this as we progress further through the story.

MMX & others,

Do you think we can CONFIRM without a doubt that the guns used in Zombies have no bearing on the time & date of a map? Considering that there is an Achievement/Trophy in the single player campaign for using a gun from the future in a past map. Has 3arc done this for Zombie Story theorists?

Back in Time

- Use a future weapon in the past.

• Administrators

MMX & others,

Do you think we can CONFIRM without a doubt that the guns used in Zombies have no bearing on the time & date of a map? Considering that there is an Achievement/Trophy in the single player campaign for using a gun from the future in a past map. Has 3arc done this for Zombie Story theorists?

This is a very touchy subject. As much as there are many of us veterans that have played zombies inside and out to know firsthand that the weapons given in-game do not coexist with reality, there are numerous others that say the weapons do have some kind of reference in regards to the time frame. To this, I have to take the side of saying no - the weapons do not tell us the time and date.

Let us begin our painful journey.

========================================================

If we were to take into account the weapons in the game, we'd have to individually look at certain guns and research them. I decided to take a quick look at our fancy SMG, the Ak-74u.

History of the Ak-74u

The Ak-74u is a modified version of its original model, the Ak-74. The Ak-74 is a Russian sub-machine gun that was created in 1974 by Mikhail Kalashnikov (who also created the famous Ak-47). The SMG we all know and love is modified in which the "u" stands for "Ukorochennyj", which is Russian for "shortened". Unlike its predecessor, the gun was used more as a defense weapon that was considerably lightweight, easy to use, and was utilized more so by vehicle crews and special ops forces.

Here is a comparison of the two guns:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/AK-47_vs_AK-74

Note that the numbers near the end of the name typically reflect the year that it was manufactured. I want to emphasize that while this gun is real, it became popularized due to Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now let's take a closer approach in the zombies mode itself. We were first introduced to the gun in the Campaign mission, Bay of Pigs.

Reality vs. Campaign: The Bay of Pigs

http://library.thinkquest.org/11046/day ... _pigs.html

The Bay of Pigs invasion is a real-time event under John F. Kennedy's administration (however, proposed by former President Dwight D. Eisenhower) that occurred on April 17, 1961 as an unsuccessful mission in which United States-back Cubans exiles attempted to overthrow Fidel Castro - Cuba's dictator. The mission was an utter failure as Castro's army stopped the invasion on April 19th.

I provided this general backstory to emphasize the date we're given: 1961. Now look at the date in which the Ak-74u was create. 1974 rifle in a 1961 mission? Impossible beyond all feat. Now because we are in the game's storyline, one could say that it didn't truly matter at the time. But since we are now involving Campaign into the situation, we have to take that into account as well.

Looking into zombies, the Ak-74u also made an entrance in our first Black Ops map, Kino Der Toten. This map occurred sometime before 1969, as noted due to the Berliner Fernsehturm.

The Berliner Fernsehturm and Kino der Toten

http://www.berlin.de/orte/sehenswuerdig ... dex.en.php

This bad boy was under construction between 1965 until 1969 as the center of Berlin, Germany. The tower was supposed to be the tallest in Europe, only rivaled by Moscow's TV tower. Once again, let's take a look at the dates - 1965-1969. Because Kino der Toten shows an uncompleted Fernsehturm, we are presumably somewhere between those years; perhaps 1967 since there seems to be some work needed in order to complete the tower.

I wanted to emphasize the dates along with the these landmarks/historical events for one main purpose: to relate back to our weapon at topic, the Ak-74u. Keep in mind that these are all realistic aspects, combined with what we were given in the whole Black Ops game with a Campaign mission and our very first BO zombie map. How does a gun that was not even manufactured until 1974 displayed in a game where it's a playable weapon in 1961 and 19[67]? The answer is simple: it can't.

I understand that this Black Ops II, and not its former. But when you apply the same logic, we have to take into consideration everything. The setting and time frame that our current game places us in is a result of what has occurred in Black Ops. Who is to say that we cannot look at one and suspect that the other is not equivalent in the same situation? Guns may indicate a superstitious thought and may even be so relatively close that it seems more than likely to be a factor. Unfortunately, this is not the case; if it were, why couldn't we use characters as references too? We all know how that ends - close results, but no guaranteed perfect matches.

You cannot use weapons as a definite reference.

This is a really great post, a lot of time and effort was put into this. Very informative.

I especially liked having all the radio transcripts in one place and can now see where, and how they all fit in the storyline. I can also see now to my surprise, a large percentage of the back story is actually based off these radio transcripts.

It does seem to get loosely connected after nuketown. Especially between nuketown and green run. This is only due to the lack of info made available to us.

It will be interesting to see if future dlc will shed some more light on this timeline.

Thanks for the info and I hope u keep updating this as we progress further through the story.

Thank you. I appreciate both your praise and criticism. Feel free to join in the discussion whenever you want. I too look forward to the DLCs.

@Lenne, Infest, and PINNAZ: Well put guys, especially you Infest. I think that should squash any resistance. :P I too used to think weapons mattered, but the evidence is just unparalleled.

• Administrators

P04.Within the Weimar Republic, Doctor Edward Richtofen practiced back-alley plastic surgery, becoming affluent in politics and quite popular.

I didn't know, but perhaps you could add Richtofen's place of work during this time, Richtofen Center for Clinical Research, as seen in the Moon Loading Screen?

P06.Die Glocke was overseen by Group 935, an organization based on the improvement of the human race, headquartered in Der Riese near Breslau, Lower Silesia, Poland.

Alright, not sure if I will explain this well, so I'll just take a crack at it. When you start a game of Der Riese, the screen says Near Breslau, Germany. We know that when we play there, it is after the war and Germany does not have the territory, yet they still list it as such. With that, I understand that in 1939, Germany didn't have control of that area, just like when we play there and they call it Germany, so I was curious as to why you had Poland? I was just wondering because, yes, it was still a part of Poland, but Treyarch is consistent in calling it Germany anyway. All-in-all, I was thinking you could change it to Germany since it says that in-game, sorry for the long description. :P

P08.Sometime between 1871 and 1939, the Vril-Ya began am ambitious endeavor.

an*

P08.Eventually, Asians moved into the area, forming their own culture and language, which was a conglomeration of many modern languages.

What are your thoughts on their reasoning for being in the area, or would you prefer to not include them? I had been under the impression they had heard of or even worshiped (to some extent) the Vril-ya and when they found Shangri-La, they resided there. Obviously, this is speculation and I there is no way to tell for sure, but I was just curious if you want to show some sort of relation between the Asians and Shangri-La further than their decision to reside there.

P12.On January 20, 1942, Dr. Maxis completed the Datenbediensteter, which was the computer network of Der Riese. Richtofen did not trust nor like Dr. Maxis, and Richtofen began to do many things behind Dr. Maxis's back. Richtofen finished his teleporter, and he was able to use it to teleport to the Moon and back as much as he wished. In doing so, he secretly organized a workforce to help him build a base on the Moon, known as Griffin Station.

In the Moon radios, Dr. Richtofen states that they have been at Griffin Station and Eagle's Nest for two years, and at that point, they broke ties to Group 935 and he showed them all the pyramid. I had felt that those two years were 1940 and 1941, right after he found the pyramid for the first time and took Schuster up to Griffin Station. In your paragraph, based on the way it's set up, you make it sound as though he "organized a workforce" in 1942. I realize the next sentence they completed it that year, but I was just informing you that sounded misleading.

This is all I can do as I'm currently at work. I'll chip away at it, just wanted you to know I'm still here.

Thanks for the input Tac! I'm just going to number my response to save myself quoting time, space, and confusion.

1. The Richtofen Center for Clinical Research is mentioned in P19. He didn't work there right away. Originally he was a back-alley plastic surgeon, before that he was in college. In fact, we had decided it was a front and where he did most of his murders.

2. But it is Poland, not Germany. I just don't see any purpose in changing it. It is even barely considered Germany, since it was just wartime territory. Since the war had ended, I figured safe to say Poland.

3. Fixed. Thank you.

4. I could think about it. It might be fun to do so, but like you said, there's really no evidence for it. The only connection we have is the residence. Oh and that the Asians had a Vril-Ya skull in their possession. Anything else is more theory than fact.

5. How about I change it to the past progressive tense?

P12.On January 20, 1942, Dr. Maxis completed the Datenbediensteter, which was the computer network of Der Riese. Richtofen did not trust nor like Dr. Maxis, and Richtofen had begun to do many things behind Dr. Maxis's back. Richtofen had finished his teleporter, which he had used to teleport to the Moon and back as much as he wished. In doing so, he secretly organized a now complete workforce on his new base of operations on the Moon, known as Griffin Station.

I'm curious of the origins of the box.

I believe it was stated in this thread that Richthofen created it, but I was always under the assumption this was something Samantha implemented into her little game. I guess I derived this assumption from the characters quotes when they were buying it, or when it disappeared.

Did she just include the teddybear?

I was also under the impression tokeo had something to do with the monkey bomb. Mostly from nikolai's quotes in ascension, stating how tokeo made love to a stuffed monkey.

Alright, i dont know if this is the right thread to post this so forgive me.

For the people who search for clues concerning the timeline of the nazi zombie story, i was listenin to the russman quotes lately and he has a quote that roughly goes like "russman is my name and slaying zombies is my game", this is an obvious reference to one of the most famous Blaxploitation movies ever called "Dolemite" (hilarious movie, check it out) the real quote says "Dolemite is my name and fuckin motherfuckers up is my game", that movie was released in 1975 so obviously were playing Green Run some times after that.

just a little heads up for the timeline dudes out there, hope it helps.

It's okay to post stuff like that here. Any storyline discussion is welcome.

But quotes like that are not valid for storyline dates. There are many, many counter-examples. Takeo references many movies. Misty references Kesha. Tank references Facebook. References/allusions like that to other entertainment industries are exactly canon.

One must take the characters' quotes with a grain of salt.

• Administrators

Thanks. I appreciate it. Although... well... um... You're wrong. Sorry, no way not to say it bluntly. But thank you for critique.

6XGeKFazq8g

I dunno, you tell me. There's no way that only one area has been affected. The missiles are no ordinary ones; rather, ballistic missiles are set to impact a certain location. One particular "side" of the globe couldn't be the only one hit. Plus, the tectonic plates would've shifted thus creating said fiery fields all over.

• Administrators

I used the texture straight from the game. There is no arguing this. Your picture is of America. Mine is of Asia. =_=

EDIT: What's wrong Monopoly Mac?

I'm assuming you didn't watch the video, then. That's more than just Asia or America, friendo. And it's not arguing; rather, debating on the texture of the globe's current phase. ;)

• Administrators

I repeat. I used the exact same texture file. Don't tell me I messed up on something that is impossible to mess up. >: (

I never said anywhere that you messed up. I merely indicated that I recalled there being more to the texture. The video clearly shows it, but hey - if you want to be right in this case, so be it. I don't have a problem with your alteration of the globe, and only tried to assist a good cause. :)

• Administrators

Other than southern California, the western third of Arizona, and MAYBE southern Nevada if you stretch it, that image shows minimal cracking in America. Very odd considering Nuketown was directly hit.

Archived