A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

In the campaign, first invented is the German Nova gas, which is detailed in the intel to give effects very similar to the Gas Zombies. Then came the Russian Nova gas, which is used in Multiplayer and has quite different effects than the Gas Zombies. Then comes Nova 6, which kills on contact. The intel details its change of efficiency which coincides with the Gas Zombies.

EDIT: Galvanuckles are basically weaponized defibrillators.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

In the campaign, first invented is the German Nova gas, which is detailed in the intel to give effects very similar to the Gas Zombies. Then came the Russian Nova gas, which is used in Multiplayer and has quite different effects than the Gas Zombies. Then comes Nova 6, which kills on contact. The intel details its change of efficiency which coincides with the Gas Zombies.

EDIT: Galvanuckles are basically weaponized defibrillators.

What intel specifically?

• Administrators

As you know, NOVA6 is Tabun, Sarin, and Soman. A report by the CIA shows that Sarin has a shelf life as little as a few weeks before the degradation of the nerve agent begins. Mass production of Tabun during World War II was difficult because of degradation of that gas as well. Therefore, it's possible that the gas has become greatly weakened over the 20 years between Der Riese and Kino Der Toten. Along with that, I had believed that because the note on Kino Der Toten shows the chemical compound of Tabun and Sarin, it just meant that it was present in the map.

EDIT: I have come to the conclusion that the voices in Edward Richtofen's head aren't the Illuminati. In Kino, he says that the Illuminati will never get their hands on him again, yet he still heard the voices all the way until Moon. Not to mention, there are Illuminati notes addressed to him in Der Riese like we've discussed, and there's no reason to send a note if you can speak telepathically.

I don't know Tac... Could you give me a history of Nova gas / Nova 6? That goes into the campaign, territory I am less familiar with. I know Steiner, but not much more.

I agree on the voices. I think that Green Run has established that they are definitely related to Aether, somehow. Although I still feel comfortable calling Richtofen schizophrenic.

EDIT: Btw, I read the Grief description in-game, which surprised me. Apparently the game encourages you to try to work together. You can work WITH or AGAINST, it says. I thought you were supposed to go against. What I think this means is that the bureaucrats, even if they tried to work together at first, ended up having only one team survive, turning on each other, albeit indirectly. (Although the way I play the game is a bit more offensive than most :P )

I cant honestly input anything particularly useful. ive only recently seen the NUKETOWN zombies loading screen and that looks to me like vril technology. i did a bit of brushing up and im sure you all know about it but the nazi's wanted vril energy and were looking for real vril-ya and what not.

people are saying negetive things about the possibility of aliens but i think it may come to that. my minds blown with all the searching and information you all bring to the table. maybe avadrogo is really a vril-ya...

i know bits and pieces about the vril-ya mining operation in shangri-la and how the vril energy has healing properties (hence the golden rod) and is very powerful.

i can see there being a connection between the electric zombie and the vril ya.

@Dark: I never said to heat up the table. I left it purposefully ambiguous. However, Richtofen does tell you to build the NavCard Reader. So there was no reason I was going to leave it out. If for some reason Treyarch retruns to this map in the next DLC, we will have stuff to add, but this is all we have for now.

Oh he does? in wich Quote and When?? he only speaks about the NavCard once, and that is AFTER you build te table Proof? sure no problem at all:

"Oh look, you got the Wunderwaffe DG-2! Ha, just kidding! Hahaha."

"It's like playing 'don't touch the lava' but with real lava! Hahaha."

"Is that all the damage those missiles did? I was hoping for less ground and more lava..."

"I remember doing that just to anger that little girl!"

"Oh his screams are so delightful!"

"Ah, this building looks familiar."

"No power, no juggernog. You have it easy compared to how they had it."

"It looks like a Max Ammo but I can't be sure, I can only see everything at the same time."

"That gift was just for you, and you throw it away! I think I'm offended."

"Speed Cola! Oh how I miss that invigorating taste."

"Ah, the best drink of them all."

"One of them is down!"

"Only one of them remains, haha, show no mercy!"

"Two enemies are dead, hahaha."

"Two left, let them suffer!"

"Three of them are down!"

"Three enemies remain."

"Now we need the 115, and the only place to get that is from their flesh... THEIR FLESH! You must test the 115 on the undead by killing them, and boy do you need a bunch of it. Get busy!"

"Ein, zwei, drei, vier! Jawohl, induce the electricity now, you can use it only once!"

"You know, I used to be in your shoes? Then I became an all-powerful omnipotent being!"

"Sometimes my pretties need help... ATTACK!"

"Hahaha bye bye."

"Oh this is good, you've accomplished much. But to activate the computer you must have the little Nav Card thingy, which plugs into the computer thingy. Don't worry your little brain about what it does or how it works, just go find it!"

"Crushed beneath the heel!"

"Fetch me their souls."

"Double points."

"Drop one of these right here and.."

"Yeah, yeah you did it. Soon this beautiful planet will be healed once more and the flesh will cover the Earth! Oh what a glorious day that will be for you!"

"You will be the hero that has saved all of the Earth... FOR ME TO PLAY WITH!"

"Oh good job, wonderful! You've done well my friend, but this is not a sprint, this is a marathon! Of your group, you're the only one who seems to be able to hear me, so you must convince your deaf friends to heat up the obelisk. Setting a puny fire will not be enough, it must reach an extreme temperature. Now, if only you knew how to build a portable engine of some sort which might grow very hard. Hmmm... some sort of jet engine with an afterburner? Oh what, you do? Oh goodie goodie, so why are you still standing here listening to voices in your head? Get to it schweinhund (pig-dog), or Maxis will kill you all!"

"*coughs loudly* Oh, excuse me, just getting used to the Aether. *inaudible* Ah, right." 4:21

"Oh wonderful, but now too much power is flowing into the obelisk. You must reduce the incoming power by a factor of 4."

"Time for a Fire Sale!"

"*inaudible*, you need the power, make with the flicker flicker again Yalov."

"Ahaha we will work together against the zombies, yeah? Co-Op time, so much fun! Wonderful! You're on two teams and only one team makes it out alive, so... Good luck."

"*inauduble*, feel the thrill of victory!"

"Here zombie, let me help you."

"Idiots! You have missed a step somewhere. First the hot, then the flesh, then the electricity! You are almost useless. If I wanted a mindless thing to save the Earth, I'd send a zombie!"

"Oh that is the last piece! Now you have everything you need to make the jet engine, quickly!"

"That is a large group of *inaudible*, now lure them to the obelisk, the make the go boom!"

"Now which one of you is going to take care of that little bastard while everyone else runs around?"

"You know, I never liked how that little brat never told us how anything worked. So the secret to survive is to stronldsnfvnpowfnpolkjdvnodv. Haha, and that's how you win!"

"Now go look at everything!"

"Excellent, your skills are superb! Now get this thing to the obelisk. We must hurry for Maxis is a busy little beaver and the dam he built will kill you all. Trust me."

"You know, I think I'm starting to miss the other three..."

"Ok, you seem new to this or at least you seem a bit nervous, no? Ok, tell you what. I will keep my pretties from overwhelming you too much, soooo... relax!"

"You fool, the obelisk must be hot. Very, very hot! Like me... Oh..."

"It's up to you now. You're the only one left. Pity."

"Pick up the zombie. Put down the zombie. It's hard!"

"Yeah yeah yeah! It's so hot and it's burning up! Oooh! Sexy! Sexy!"

"Even a stupid American and drunk Russian could do better than that!"

"Trying to take a break I see..."

"Yeah, yeah! I can feel the tingling in my toesies!"

"Almost, all four must do it simultaneously. Together idiots, together! Must I do everything, look how much I do for you already. It's the least you could do to save your pathetic planet. I swear, some people, no ability to work as a team."

"Nein swastika, try again. The obelisk must be as hot as you can make it. So hot!" 8:00

"Hmm, let's see. Ahh, I can help you up and over pretty one, this is how she did it. I always knew she was cheating!"

"Bleh bleh bleh, vodka vodka, bleh bleh. Ah, I think I'm starting to miss that drunk."

"He's not going to say anything about vodka? Ah, you guys are boring!"

"Oh this is good, you've accomplished much. But to activate the computer you must have the little Nav Card thingy, which plugs into the computer thingy. Don't worry your little brain about what it does or how it works, just go find it!"

Is after you build the table not before! so once again where does he ask you do build it?

@zombo187: That is possible. After all, Maxis says that the creature has "energies". This must mean more than one energy. Sure it has electricity, but what else? 115? vril?

@Darkesttimes:

Proof was on the first post. Richtofen asks you to build both the jet gun and the table. Some players go ahead and build the table before he even asks in the game, because they already know about it. They go ahead of the game, so to speak.

EDIT: Added a new sentence to the end of P57:

P57.When the missiles hit the Earth, history was drastically re-written. A new timeline was created where the Earth never progressed past 1967. Sarah Michelle Gellar was never born. Richard Nixon never became president. It was a new world and a new history. The robotic Bus Driver survived the missiles, although he was heavily damaged. He suffered many damages to both his exterior and interior. He happened to be near Nuketown when the missiles hit, but he was far enough away to avoid destruction. Marlton left the fallout shelter, unscathed, and boarded the bus. He began to drive all over the western side of the country with Marlton as his passenger. Over the course of many years, the Bus Driver picked up more passengers. First was Abigail "Misty" Briarton, a southern woman, and she and Marlton, or "Marly" as she called him, developed feelings for one another. Samuel J. Stuhlanger, a conspiracy theorist, and Russman, a relatively old man, joined as passengers as well. Meanwhile, a man survived in the chaos at the area of Green Run in his cabin, fighting off native creatures, before he succumbed to death.

• Administrators

All I did was add a sentence to the end. I said that in my previous post too. Why bold it when I literally said what was changed?

Well I don't mean for just that one, just every change that you make. That's all.

I've tried bolding. It isn't very noticeable amongst large paragraphs. I think the way I've been doing it is fine. Last major change I had the before and after paragraphs right next to each other.

Btw, I think I'll go ahead and work on the Grief paragraph while you're working on the Nova stuff.

P62.The four passengers were not the only ones to fight Zombies at Green Run. The CIA and CDC were still operational in this post-apocalyptic world. Their status and condition are unknown, but it was probably not good. Sixteen agents were sent to Green Run. Half were from the CIA, and half were from the CDC. Half went to the Town in Green Run, and half went to the Farm in Green Run.

Despite working for the same government they ended up fighting each other due to their differing beliefs and goals as well as due to Richtofen's prodding rhetoric and Zombie attacks. In both Town and Farm, only one side of the bureaucratic agencies survived. Which survived is unknown.

EDIT: I'll fix the link later, as usual. It's the quote upon starting Grief.

• Administrators

I have ran into a slight conundrum... does the game, campaign or multiplayer, ever actually say that Tabun, Sarin, and Soman are in NOVA6, or where have we been getting that from? I mean I know the first two are on the Kino note, but I'm rather confused right now. I asked a few people and we were all like, "Well of course they mention it! It's right he... right.. hmm..."

Looked through all documents. Actually replayed the campaign with subtitles on and it is not ever actually mentioned that its a ingredient of Nova 6.

Murder: yes I do would love to play TranZit with you and just possibly do some information gathering with you.

BTW did anyone know that some youtube author has been taking things we have been saying here practically word for word and not giving credit to Murder or anyone here?

I have seen one vid in which he did say a paragraph that was your writing word for word. I asked someone else regarding it and they said that he does have vids regarding the storyline that contain him saying things taken from this thread and a few others and he has been passing it off as his own combilations but unfortunately the person who I discussed this with didn't know how to go about handling the situation as he didn't know if its technically considered copyright or not. I myself didn't go any further into researching the situation as I have 40+ other requests to handle regarding multiple matters and thus lack the time.

I might have miswrote my last post, I meant to say that it would appear as if someone has, not someone has been. I am sorry, if you desire to research this to confirm if it is true then I would be grateful as I dislike those who steal others work and try to pass it off as their own (Which is why I am happy with Spiderbite himself as he gives many of us credit by name).

• Administrators

Work began on the first version of the gas in January of 1943, when Adolf Hitler wanted "more unconventional solutions" to win the war. Throughout World War II, Dr. Friedrich Steiner did meticulous and frustrating work in chemical weapons, earning several degrees and eventually joining into the Wunderwaffen program via the Waffen-SS. You know my theory regarding working with Dr. Kurt Blome in Der Riese, so I won't go into detail about that.

The GKNOVA6 file named 'GK-0984242-p' and dated September 5, 1944, says that they were beginning on version 4 of the 'NOVA project', as the Germans call it, and the biggest issue they had was "still" stability. Dragovich cut a deal with Steiner to have Steiner hand over the gas and his loyalty. On October 29, 1945, Dragovich captured Steiner and asked about his involvement in what he calls the Giftiger Sturm project, which translates to Toxic Storm project. Dragovich, Steiner, and Reznov all referred to this biochemical weapon as Nova-6, and the insignia that appeared on the containers it was held in was 'N6' with a swastika above it.

From there, Dragovich created the Ascension Group with Steiner as lead to the "Nova-6 program", but under the Soviets instead of the Germans. In 1959, Dragovich got persmission to use the weapon in case of WWIII. In 1964, a chemical engineer named Doctor Daniel Clarke was hired to stabilize certain "volitale compounds" in Nova-6. It is believed that he succeeded, and it's confirmed that he then promptly escaped. He is credited with being the creator of the modern Nova-6.

Page 42 of an unnamed and undated report details the chemical makeup of an unnamed nerve toxin, however the top of the page mentions "NOVA project.". It's interesting to note that the words are almost identical to the Wikipedia page for Sarin (cited from the CIA and CDC), so I feel comfortable calling the unnamed nerve toxin Sarin as part of NOVA6.

(1) ████████ high volatility relative to similar nerve agents. ████████ one minute after direct ingestion of a lethal dose. ████████ atropine and pralidoxime, quickly administered are known to be ████████.

(2) ████████ from ████████ Schrader, Ambros, Rüdiger and Van der Linde, ████████ connection to ████████.

Sarin has a high volatility relative to similar nerve agents.

Death may follow in one minute after direct ingestion of a lethal dose if antidotes, typically atropine and pralidoxime, are not quickly administered.

The compound, which followed the discovery of the nerve agent tabun, was named in honor of its discoverers: Schrader, Ambros, Rüdiger and Van der LINde.

A screen in the cutscene to one of the campaign missions shows that mixing Chemical 'A' with Chemical 'B' produces "NOVA SIX". Couple the quotes above with the Kino Der Toten note that refers to Tabun and Sarin and I'd say that those were your chemicals 'A' and 'B'. However, that screen is believed to be referring to the renovated version by Clarke because background shows the location of the Yamantau Mountain Base in Russia, which Clarke referred to as the base of Nova-6. A separate cutscene in the campaign says that the three chemicals involved with Nova-6 are Sulfer, Rhenium, and Neodymium, and not Tabun or Sarin. That is where some issues come into play, but they may be resolved.

Page 26 of that same unnamed and undated document states that an unnamed person, persons, or organism "encountered an unidentified gas which attacked respiratory, cutaneous and nervous systems" of the person, persons, or organism. They state that the effects "resemble those of sarin, tabun, and soman, but that a chemical analysis indicates attempts had been made to introduce a latent component into the gas." According to a GKNOVA6 document signed by President John F. Kennedy on July 21, 1961, the United States was conducting research on variants of "Tabun, Sarin, Soman, and an unknown gas of possibly far greater potential for devastation." Now, because it says the effects were "similar" and "resemble" Tabun, Sarin, and Soman, I'd be willing to say they are referring to the same thing, but not referring to NOVA6.

Basically, I can't think of what else to post but that's the basics. It appears they've been going by the name Nova-6 from the beginning.

Okay thank you very much. So I suppose it was Nova 6 since the beginning. Btw, what is the most correct way to spell Nova 6? And the Gas Zombies aren't as deadly as Nova 6 because it wasn't made that deadly yet. Right?

Yes, the Nova crawlers were infused with the first generation of Nova 6, which was a mixture of Tabun and Sarin nerve gas. Both of which can cause temporary vision problems and nausea with brief exposure, so it would make sense based on the in-game effects.

Archived