A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you heard about the supposed train underneath Green Run?

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully whenever/ if the site is restructured there will be more available topics.

EDIT: Btw guys, I thought of a title. How about this? "Call of Duty Zombies: A Trilogy: From Ancient Times to Alternate Realities"

The part "From...Realities" would be a subtitle that would appear in smaller text beneath the actual title. It's a bit pretentious. What do you guys think?

• Administrators

Also, new info on Nuketown from the CoD website. http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/seasonpass

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

I'm going to try to analyze this, because it has so much information.

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon,

This just confirms what we already know.

and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game.

Called it. :P

A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains

Hm. We could assume that these guys are also from the CDC, but I don't think that is a valid conclusion. This is interesting. It answers why the hazmat Zombies are there.

and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base.

Ah, so that's where the soldiers came from. So they came first.

The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them,

Man, actual zombification is very rarely mentioned. Add one to the very short list.

and after receiving a distress signal,

So the radiation scientists sent a distress signal. Huh okay.

the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate.

The base? Wait, so the one that had the dead soldiers is the same one that sent the CIA and CDC?

Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18

I think "the base" IS Hangar 18, which has just become an incredibly more complex place.

and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

The game.

-

So... wow. This is complex. So in Nevada, there is Nuketown, which gets blown to bits twice. There is the Flats, which has Maxis and Richtofen eventually contacting them. There is the location of the nuclear spacecraft. There is Hangar 18, where many things happen. There is No Man's Land, which is apparently very effectively quarantined. ...

Then, in Hangar 18, there are Casimir plates, alien bodies, and an anti-gravity mechanism. Furthermore, there was something there was creating dead soldier bodies, which rose due to the 115. There were also CDC and CIA agents present at Hangar 18 at the time.

Wow.

• Administrators

Tac, any thoughts on anything we've mentioned above?

First off, as mentioned before, the campaign is definitely linked to Zombies. It is just a matter of discerning what exactly we can connect. I've never been a fan of picking and choosing what to say is canon, kind of like an "count one, count them all" ideology. Given that Steiner says he worked for Germany in the 40's, the fact that the Wunderwaffe and Die Glocke are mentioned in the Intel, and the Ascension Group is shown, we can infer that the Campaign is connected, as mentioned, however we need to decide to what degree. That is the biggest issue.

You know how Marlton appears in Nuketown? Guess what? He does not appear in the Italian version of the game.

Why do you think this is, and what does it mean in your opinion?

1. The legitimacy of Diner

The Diner, Farm, and Town were all built to cover up these things.

I would argue that these places with secrets pertaining to the area were not built as a cover up, but more or so altered, changed, or modified, so to speak.

The Cabin looks like it was once a home to hermit who lived there and possibly collected Denizen skulls. It's meaning could be interpreted in anyway to be honest.

I've yet to personally look at the skulls, but I have heard that they look more like the elongated skulls form Shangri-La, not the widened skull of the Denizens.

So wait. Does this mean that the undead soldiers came from somewhere else to Nuketown?

Yes.

It appears to me that the men in Hazmat suits arrived to look around after the Nuke, just to find Zombies that have come from nearby Nevada base, I assume it to be No Man's Land, a section of Area 51. They send a distress signal to Hangar 18, a separate area of Area 51. The NML Zombies then turn the Hazmat suit men by whatever means, and the CIA and CDC at Hangar 18 receive the signal. They send men down to Nuketown.

I think "the base" refers to Area 51 as a whole, not just Hangar 18.

First off, as mentioned before, the campaign is definitely linked to Zombies. It is just a matter of discerning what exactly we can connect. I've never been a fan of picking and choosing what to say is canon, kind of like an "count one, count them all" ideology. Given that Steiner says he worked for Germany in the 40's, the fact that the Wunderwaffe and Die Glocke are mentioned in the Intel, and the Ascension Group is shown, we can infer that the Campaign is connected, as mentioned, however we need to decide to what degree. That is the biggest issue.

The degree? Fully. I don't see what the problem is. In the same universe that is Zombies, Dragovich exists. It is just a question "Did he do ANYTHING to impact the story of Zombies at all?"

You know how Marlton appears in Nuketown? Guess what? He does not appear in the Italian version of the game.

Why do you think this is, and what does it mean in your opinion?

I don't take it so seriously. I see it like I see the removal of the swastika in the old German versions. As for why, I don't know. Localization issues?

I would argue that these places with secrets pertaining to the area were not built as a cover up, but more or so altered, changed, or modified, so to speak.

But you ignored Samuel's quote I cited that shows he knew of a time when there was no Town there at all.

The Cabin looks like it was once a home to hermit who lived there and possibly collected Denizen skulls. It's meaning could be interpreted in anyway to be honest.

I've yet to personally look at the skulls, but I have heard that they look more like the elongated skulls form Shangri-La, not the widened skull of the Denizens.

Yeah... You need to look at it. They are definitely not Vril-Ya skulls. Definitely.

So wait. Does this mean that the undead soldiers came from somewhere else to Nuketown?

Yes.

It appears to me that the men in Hazmat suits arrived to look around after the Nuke, just to find Zombies that have come from nearby Nevada base, I assume it to be No Man's Land, a section of Area 51. They send a distress signal to Hangar 18, a separate area of Area 51. The NML Zombies then turn the Hazmat suit men by whatever means, and the CIA and CDC at Hangar 18 receive the signal. They send men down to Nuketown.

I think "the base" refers to Area 51 as a whole, not just Hangar 18.

I suppose the base could refer to the whole of Area 51, since it is literally a "base". That makes some sense. That's much more likely than No Man's Land being contained.

Hey just off the top of my head those skulls, do they kindof have the shape of a mole's head by chance??? As for the Nuketown Zombies yes Nevada soldiers were found dead there doesn't mean it had to be a nuke that killed them though nothing said why they died your making the assumption that the place was nuked twice. The CDC couldn've sent up the distress call while they were trying to hold out from the zombies. THIS IS THE GROUP MARLTON COULD BE TALKING ABOUT O.O breakthrough *starts brainstorming like mad*

• Administrators

The degree? Fully. I don't see what the problem is. In the same universe that is Zombies, Dragovich exists. It is just a question "Did he do ANYTHING to impact the story of Zombies at all?"

Well if we take the entire campaign as canon, then that means that the the nukes can't have been in 1967 during Latchkey like previously thought. That leaves us at square 1 again. Also, if we can take the entire World at War and Black Ops 1 campaigns as fully canon, then why aren't we taking Black Ops 2 as such? I mean we hear Zombies in some campaign maps in the distance. That provides an issue with the time of 2025. I realize that you said the nukes causes the timeline split, but that is just one time we time-traveled. We did the same plenty of times in the maps prior and still counted the campaigns as canon, so I'm confused as to why we apparently aren't doing the same with Black Ops 2.

But you ignored Samuel's quote I cited that shows he knew of a time when there was no Town there at all.

This quote, yes?

"Huh! When did they build a town here?"

This book (http://books.google.com/books/about/Exp ... WrPQAACAAJ) shows us that the original Hanford, prior to the renovation for the Manhattan Project, consisted of a hotel and even a bank. So therefore, he easily may have been there before the town was even built, which was in 1907. How likely is this? Not very, but I'm pretty positive there were already parts of the town present before we play there. It is possible that the rest of the town was built as a front, but I personally doubt it.

Yeah... You need to look at it. They are definitely not Vril-Ya skulls. Definitely.

From what I have heard that isn't the case, but I will check it out when I get the chance.

Well if we take the entire campaign as canon, then that means that the the nukes can't have been in 1967 during Latchkey like previously thought. That leaves us at square 1 again. Also, if we can take the entire World at War and Black Ops 1 campaigns as fully canon, then why aren't we taking Black Ops 2 as such? I mean we hear Zombies in some campaign maps in the distance. That provides an issue with the time of 2025. I realize that you said the nukes causes the timeline split, but that is just one time we time-traveled. We did the same plenty of times in the maps prior and still counted the campaigns as canon, so I'm confused as to why we apparently aren't doing the same with Black Ops 2.

No it doesn't. Why would you say that that means that? As for the rest of what you said, that is because the characters were discreet. Richtofen was sure of that. Every time they went to one of the places, they soon vanished without a trace. The zombies were somewhat contained like they were in No Man's Land. If you don't think that's likely, well Call of the Dead couldn't have happened otherwise, so I don't think there is any alternative. So technically, history was changed, but everything that happened in the campaign was identical to the last timeline. However, Maxis changed this by hitting the Earth with missiles, which made everything not-so-quiet. In Zombies, we never make it to 2025. So, the Black Ops II campaign must take place in a different reality.

This quote, yes?

"Huh! When did they build a town here?"

This book (http://books.google.com/books/about/Exp ... WrPQAACAAJ) shows us that the original Hanford, prior to the renovation for the Manhattan Project, consisted of a hotel and even a bank. So therefore, he easily may have been there before the town was even built, which was in 1907. How likely is this? Not very, but I'm pretty positive there were already parts of the town present before we play there. It is possible that the rest of the town was built as a front, but I personally doubt it.

Well I think that gets into the technical enough to be negligible then. I'll let the storyline reflect either possibility.

From what I have heard that isn't the case, but I will check it out when I get the chance.

Just look up a video of it? I looked at it myself. They are definitely not of the Homo genus.

• Administrators

No it doesn't. Why would you say that that means that?

Because according to Faust's presented information, it must happen after February 1968. Operation Latchkey occurs in 1966 and 1967, not in 1968. That is why I say that.

Well I think that gets into the technical enough to be negligible then. I'll let the storyline reflect either possibility.

Even though history shows that the town wasn't actually created to hide something, you will still include in the story? Or am I misunderstanding what you are including?

EDIT: After looking at the skulls, here's my conclusions.

I was mainly thinking the right ones were similar and I do see a resemblance, but I don't think they re the same. However, they do not looking like Denizen skulls to me at all. Denizens have much larger skulls, by the looks of it.

Ohhh okay. Yeah, the signs' dates are flimsy evidence. But it's all we have. However, that is not true. Dragovich's existence does not necessitate his involvement in Zombies at all. Just because Soviets invaded the US does not mean they were run by him. I asked Faust why he thought this, to which he has not answered.

"History" does not cite this town specifically. I've shown evidence that these things were fronts. Now you've shown they may or may not have been legitimate at one point, or partially. So I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: I think they are Denizen skulls though because they can't be anything else. They resemble each other because they ARE monkey skulls. If the Denizens are in fact amalgamations of creatures, they could simply have monkey skulls. The visual difference I see only as a slight discrepancy because it is illogical to think the skulls actually belong to monkeys. I think they are meant to be the Denizen skulls.

• Administrators

I would like to point out that Jimmy has changed his Twitter bio to link Bill Moggridge. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Moggridge

He created the first laptop and is the creator of Interactive Design, which is basically "the practice of designing interactive digital products, environments, systems, and services." Sounds like Maxis to me, or somehow related.

In 1965, he came to the US, getting a job as a designer for the American Sterilizer Co. in Erie, Pennsylvania, designing hospital equipment. Green Run hospital gowns maybe, something like that?

I'm seeing nothing directly related to Manhattan Project, Hanford, Nuclear Studies, or Washington, but the connections are indeed there as I listed above.

Just touching on a few things if I can.

1. I see the description of Nuketown as being read a bit differently:

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base.

The soldiers they are referring to are the ones that battle at Nuketown during the multiplayer map. At the end of the multiplayer map, the nuke is dropped, and radiation scientists are sent in to measure the results. When they arrive, they discover the dead soldiers emerging from the ground, after being reanimated by Element 115 radiation from a nearby base (Area 51 most liekly). Unless Nuketown is located on Area 51, I don't see why the zombie soldiers would leave Area 51 to go there and attack the radiation scientists. When I read it I saw it as the soldiers were our old multiplayer soldiers who had died, but had been reanimated due to radiation from an Element 115 source in the vicinity.

The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

The zombies soldiers (our old multiplayer soldiers) begin to attack the initial team of radiation scientists. The scientists are eventually overrunned and turned into zombies themselves, explaining why we see radiation suit zombies in the map. But before those scientists were overrun and changed, they managed to send out a distress signal back to Area 51. This results in the CDC and CIA agents coming to investigate, and that's who we fight as in the map.

That's just the way I interpreted that made the most sense. Quite frankly, I 'm shocked Treyarch has come out with such detailed information and confirmed information. Kind of refreshing.

2. Dragovich does have connections with the Zombies storyline, if you consider the Ascension Group to be apart of the overall storyline.

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward Soviet weapons development.

The zombies soldiers (our old multiplayer soldiers) begin to attack the initial team of radiation scientists. The scientists are eventually overrunned and turned into zombies themselves, explaining why we see radiation suit zombies in the map. But before those scientists were overrun and changed, they managed to send out a distress signal back to Area 51. This results in the CDC and CIA agents coming to investigate, and that's who we fight as in the map.

That's exactly what I said in my post that everyone just ignored >_> cept I also stated in my post that this could be the group that Marlton is refering to in Nuketown.

@Murder: I was in no way refering to a horror movie. I was more refering to say like Lion King in the Hyena Graveyard or places like that. Not horror films which I just don't bother seeing as there are not enough of them providing for me to view on the net.

Sorry I sorta disappeared. Again, my time is limited. However, I believe Tac did an adequate job of defending my position. The campaign for zombies is directly linked to the first story as proved by posts in the terminals linking zombies events to story events. Things differ, however, when the missiles strike.

As to generally stating "spy stuff has been mentioned" and "it could be another Russian general"... Well, that seems like a bit of a cop-out of a refutation. What general then? What spy stuff? Enough evidence has been presented to draw the connection, and arguing it would be wildly ineffective. I can see where an overenthusiastic mind would begin to think that I am alluding to Dragovich somehow being connected to green run, and that is not what I am getting at. I just believe that this gives us a valid time and date. We proved that campaign, zombies, and multiplayer all connected in Black Ops. Multiplayer maps coincided with strike locations on Dragovich's map. The crates in Green Run coincide aswell. Surely you can all agree with me on that.

If not, then I am assured in the fact that several of my fellow theorists support and back me up in my thinking on the matter.

• Administrators

If what Faust says is true, then that means the areas shown on Dragovich's map would be some of the most crucial to look for in the zombie story frame. We have Hanford (Green Run) on the radar, but nothing as far as I can see in Nevada. I'm not saying that there is no evidence of Dragovich's plans there, but as far as pictures tell, I see nothing.

As for the Russian crates in the Pack-a-Punch hallway, how exactly would those crated be affiliated with Dragovich? There is no evidence of sleeper agents with that, yet it was a direct part of his plan to distribute as many as he could in central hot spots of the country. I'm not overruling your theory, Faust; for all I know, the plan could have been extremely possible since you did mention that the course of action would have to be prior to the missiles impacting Earth. I know someone had also mentioned there being a silo in Farm with very small and almost illegible Russian wording.

The Russian attacks in Nuketown are more than likely a prior event before Moon occurred. I can't fathom what destruction may have caused Nuketown to be so...well, nuked when you start the game. Maybe I still don't understand because I never played it (don't have the map unfortunately), but didn't MMX say that the nuke was dropped by America intentionally or not?

I am so lost right now, trying to piece together how this ties in exactly with the USSR's involvement in Green Run. :|

• Administrators

As for the Nuketown Zombies yes Nevada soldiers were found dead there doesn't mean it had to be a nuke that killed them though nothing said why they died your making the assumption that the place was nuked twice.

I'm not saying that it was a nuke was the cause of death of the Zombies that showed up in Nuketown. The information given tells us that the Zombies are from a nearby Nevada base, so therefore I don't see them being the dead multiplayer soldiers that were already on the map, they had to come from elsewhere , which I believe to be Area 51.

We have Hanford (Green Run) on the radar, but nothing as far as I can see in Nevada. I'm not saying that there is no evidence of Dragovich's plans there, but as far as pictures tell, I see nothing.

Seattle, Washington

Upper California

Los Angeles, California

Phoenix, Arizona

Middle Colorado

Middle Texas

Kansas City, Kansas

Middle Wisconsin

Indiana/Illinois Border

Montgomery, Alabama

Orlando, Florida

Washington, D.C.

You are correct, Nevada is not on that list. However, Hanford is not either.

I know someone had also mentioned there being a silo in Farm with very small and almost illegible Russian wording.

If I remember correctly, the silo has Russian writing mentioning something related to Chernobyl. I'm not sure if it was the silo for sure, but that's what it's in my mind as.

• Administrators

Do you think Area 51 was wiped by the Maxis rocket? I know in game it just has a red sky but did they just do that because of engine limitation?

I don't think it was a limitation; the rockets could have hit nearby (Nuketown), thus the red shrouds of the sky. There doesn't seem to be any impact damage done there. Notice the red sky can be treated similarly to Green Run's reddish sky minus the fog. I know people were claiming there was the whole 2nd Earth ordeal because of a graphics glitch, but you see what I'm trying to infer here.

@Shooter: 1. You're right. The prepositional phrase is ambiguous. We don't know if the antecedent is 115 or soldiers, so it syntactically be either way. Poo. 2. Is Dragovich the founder executive of the Ascension Group? Or did he have a predecessor? Also, when is he killed?

@Zelkova: I didn't ignore anything you said.

@Faust: Don't be so aggressive. I'm not trying to "cop out" your theory. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning for it. The Soviet Union lasted a long time. Why does Dragovich HAVE to be a part of it? Just answer the question.

For that matter, why does Soviet Union equipment in Green Run necessitate Ascension Group involvement? These are not rhetorical questions.

@Infest: Well, we are re-piecing together Nuketown with the latest information, but yes the bomb was dropped by the U.S.

@Tac: While Shooter does have syntax to support his side, I agree that what you say is more likely. The soldiers in Nuketown are wearing military uniforms, not Black Ops uniforms. The difference is slight, so it could just be an aesthetic thing, but I don't know.

@Monopoly Mac: You have a good point. I think that needs to be taken at face value. It's proof Area 51 is still standing structurally, meaning it was not hit directly, but Nuketown was. I think this means Nuketown is far enough away for Area 51 to not be decimated. However ,that makes the idea of Zombies walking all the way over there quite unlikely, making 115 someone getting there much more likely.

@Infest: The 2nd Earth theory is preposterous.

@Tac: I think we need to not concern ourselves exactly over the power of the nukes. A nuke went off near Area 51, but it is still standing. We should just accept that. But why? Well if you really want to try to dig into that, then... I don't know... maybe they used that force-field generator in Hangar 18 to shield Area 51?

Archived