A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I had first thought Faraday, Mr.Faraday if that's who you meant. But I remembered you I think, that said he left his home then died.

Yeah, but there's no reason that he couldn't have come back, post-life.

An off the wall guess could be perhaps it was a member of the flesh, and that knowing who it was could reveal Stu's past. Or it was the person before them that came closest to getting the job finished, knowing this person could possibly reveal that the players are doomed either way.

Perhaps.

Was it even stated that their were women in Maxis or Richtofens group, other than the girl from Die Rises TV? It sounds like that was as far as she made it, she was broken emotionally and was left to die for being weak was what I always thought. It's plausible that the only group to make it before them were all males. And I'm not saying the wisp is the collective group, but perhaps the strongest of that group.

I highly doubt Maxis and Richtofen discriminate against women. There's Samantha, Misty, that girl, I just don't see it being likely.

Richtofen saying that if they knew the truth it would 'make them so sad' most likely means said truth somehow directely relates back to the crew. If Maxis knows the Wisp's identity then my bet would be on a survivor from a group who followed Maxis' orders yet ultimately failed to complete the task, or maybe Maxis' had him sacrifice himself so the group he was part of could continue with powering the tower.

Perhaps.

The identity of it really is a mystery. We could guess and theorize, but I think I'll chalk it up next to the Pentagon Thief. The exact identity is a mystery. There's just too little data to say for sure.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mean for it to sound like Maxis or Richtofen discriminate against women :lol: apologies if it came across that way. For example, Maxis I believe, says something to the lines of "I do not offer help to those who can't help themselves". The lady on the Die rise television was distraught and broken, she was useless to them both for that reason, not because she was female.

I was only confirming that the woman in the Die Rise broadcast was the only known female trying to complete their tasks other than Misty correct? I thought if I was right, it could back up the quote that implies the wisp is male. If there were no females alive during Buried's previous attempts, then it could just be as simple as that.

We know of no women. But, we also know of no men. Yet we know there were humans. Were they male or female? Both. Mankind comes in two genders.

Unless you're trying to suppose only men have the grit to survive a post-apocalyptic world? -_-

I'm just going to drop it then :lol:

In no way, shape or form, a sexist. Ism's aren't my style.

*Goes and grabs a seat to just listen :geek:

We know of no women. But, we also know of no men. Yet we know there were humans. Were they male or female? Both. Mankind comes in two genders.

Unless you're trying to suppose only men have the grit to survive a post-apocalyptic world? -_-

I'm just going to drop it then :lol:

In no way, shape or form, a sexist. Ism's aren't my style.

*Goes and grabs a seat to just listen :geek:

You don't have to go just because I didn't like your point.

I was kinda hoping someone would comment on the idea of Plan B before I add it.

Well I am not cus you'll probably shoot down anything I say :P meow

To be fair, I shoot down almost everything, regardless of who says it. If anything, I should be offended for rejecting my own ideas.

You're actually leading this GREAT project.You have to shoot down what you think that isn't necessary,or that doesn't fit.I completely like your way of leading this thread and your comments,because it resembles my attitude in the Brazilian Community of Zombies Story.I know it wasn't supposed for this comment to come on this way but,I like your work very much,MMX.

Anyway,what to discuss now?Lead the way.

All is good MMX, I simply come here to get all my facts, so although I've followed the post for a long time, I rarely add anything because as I said, this is my source. I was digging a hole and quit while I was ahead lol.

I did think it was strange when I looked up the exact definition of Wisp, I found it to be a collective bundle of straw or hay. Will-o'-the-wisp is the real definition of what is in the game, but in most lore, Will-o'-the-wisps are said to deter people from their goals, while this one is helping us, through another persons command but it is still helping.

Well I am not cus you'll probably shoot down anything I say :P meow

To be fair, I shoot down almost everything, regardless of who says it. If anything, I should be offended for rejecting my own ideas.

You're actually leading this GREAT project.You have to shoot down what you think that isn't necessary,or that doesn't fit.I completely like your way of leading this thread and your comments,because it resembles my attitude in the Brazilian Community of Zombies Story.I know it wasn't supposed for this comment to come on this way but,I like your work very much,MMX.

Anyway,what to discuss now?Lead the way.

Thanks Mark. I really appreciate it. :)

Right now, I'm concerned about Maxis's Plan B. He said it was the towers. So, I think he is the one that created the button. What do you think?

All is good MMX, I simply come here to get all my facts, so although I've followed the post for a long time, I rarely add anything because as I said, this is my source. I was digging a hole and quit while I was ahead lol.

I did think it was strange when I looked up the exact definition of Wisp, I found it to be a collective bundle of straw or hay. Will-o'-the-wisp is the real definition of what is in the game, but in most lore, Will-o'-the-wisps are said to deter people from their goals, while this one is helping us, through another persons command but it is still helping.

Well Richtofen said Maxis calls it a Wisp. They had to give it some name, and it sorta fits. So perhaps that is it. Even though it isn't 100% accurate to the definition.

• Administrators

About Maxis creating the button:

If he was in Resolution 1295 before, it is well possible that he created the box. How did he know that it would switch the power from one being to another (all in the Aether, mind you) is beyond me. Because at that point in time, he didn't know Samantha went into the MPD nor did he know about such a device.

Perhaps those before the N4 created the box under his instructions?

About Maxis creating the button:

If he was in Resolution 1295 before, it is well possible that he created the box. How did he know that it would switch the power from one being to another (all in the Aether, mind you) is beyond me. Because at that point in time, he didn't know Samantha went into the MPD nor did he know about such a device.

Perhaps those before the N4 created the box under his instructions?

Maxis says that he "created a plan B should this occur" "that consists of global polarization devices". He might've just been really prepared.

I thought that at first too. But the Wisp is a he, not a they.

So I think the Wisp is not representative of the other survivors but is in its own rights its own character. I suppose you could suppose that all of the survivors souls became him. But since it'd be made of both male and female souls, I find that unlikely. It's specifically given the masculine gender.

I won't argue that Maxis calls it a "he". But I will say this:

It is stated that the wisp is a collection of souls from those who have gone before. I don't think that means it is one soul, but many souls altogether showing you the path. Now why would Maxis not call it a they? Well you don't have to look past gameplay purposes for that. If he had used a plural, we'd have all been confused and looking for another wisp somewhere around that map. I don't think the devs wants another Ascension situation. So instead of acting like there are more than one wisps, he uses the singular "he" to reference the wisp.

Another reason he didn't use "they" and instead used "he" is because while it may be a collection of souls, they are all one within the wisp. It's like a football team. There are individual players on the team, but they are all a part of the team. They are a cohesive group together. It's the same with the wisp. There are many souls present, but they all have come together in the form of one, singular wisp.

Now why use the pronoun "he"? Does that mean it's male? Not necessarily. Remember that scientists normally give a living object that does not have a known sexual identity the title of "he". There are countless documents throughout history where the title of "he" was given to something that had no sexual identity. Time has no sexual identity, yet people call Time a "he" all the time. Earth has no sexual identity, but the world recognizes it as a "her". Does that make Time a him or Earth a her? Absolutely not. It's just giving a title to something that does not have any sexual features.

Another thing to look at would be recognition of gender. Let's say that the wisp being a "he" represents the sexual identity of the many inside. The wisp is still a singular object, so one must refer to it in a singular way, such as the team example given. So why not use her? Because all of the souls present are not female. Look at the Spanish language for an excellent example of this. If there is a crowd of women and one man, you would still use the masculine term "ellos" instead of the feminine term "ellas" just because there is one man present. The same applies here. Because there are men present, even if there are females, you use the masculine term "he" over "her".

I don't think the wisp is really a "he" or a "her" at all. It seems to be a collection of souls of those that have gone before and failed. These souls have all come together in the form of a wisp.

But I could be wrong. Great discussion that I just wanted to chime in on. :)

Urgh. *shakes fist* You raise good points. I'll go fix it. I'll leave it ambiguous since we don't know for sure then.

EDIT: Okay, so I have it referring to the Wisp as a "he" on Maxis's side, and as an "it" on Richtofen's side. I only state that the Wisp is "a being that managed to outlive its physical body or bodies" for Richtofen and "a being that managed to outlive his physical body or bodies" for Maxis. Good?

Urgh. *shakes fist* You raise good points. I'll go fix it. I'll leave it ambiguous since we don't know for sure then.

EDIT: Okay, so I have it referring to the Wisp as a "he" on Maxis's side, and as an "it" on Richtofen's side. I only state that the Wisp is "a being that managed to outlive its physical body or bodies" for Richtofen and "a being that managed to outlive his physical body or bodies" for Maxis. Good?

Sounds fair to me! :)

meanie T_T and here I liked Maxis because he was cool, that and I don't care for a crazy person (Ryu excluded from this, though R isn't really crazy but actually eccentric).

Well,as the Wisp situation is solved,I'll give my little opinion about Maxis' Plan B.

Back in the 935 research era,115 was already affecting Maxis mind,so he should already have had thoughts on Richtofen betraying him.

Some of you brought up that Porter was in the Buried's town.So maybe he was sent there with the purpose of making the button,and in the meantime used Faraday's house as a research "center",creating the Mark II and the Ray Gun "1.5" in the process.Although this is very far-fetched,to be honest.

Just my two cents.

Well,as the Wisp situation is solved,I'll give my little opinion about Maxis' Plan B.

Back in the 935 research era,115 was already affecting Maxis mind,so he should already have had thoughts on Richtofen betraying him.

Some of you brought up that Porter was in the Buried's town.So maybe he was sent there with the purpose of making the button,and in the meantime used Faraday's house as a research "center",creating the Mark II and the Ray Gun "1.5" in the process.Although this is very far-fetched,to be honest.

Just my two cents.

Yes yes. The details I don't think can be pinned down so exactly. However, I believe we have enough to say that the device was built upon the regime of Maxis's "Plan B". We have placed Maxis at the town as well, so it is not necessary to say Porter had to build it for him. Maxis could have just done it himself.

EDIT: Isn't it strange that it is in the courthouse? As if it was maybe confiscated? Or considered "local government property" or something? But that's just speculation.

For some reason,besides anything,I can only think on the button being in the Courthouse as an analogy to the "Final Judgement",Apocalypse,and things like that.

Although what you proposed is pretty plausible.Being isolated from the modern society,Buried's Town might have faced off anything with suspicious nature as a threat. And those were confiscated by the local authorities to prevent attacks from someone.The Courthouse may be the definitive proof of that.

I also think that it makes my "Porter shot" a little less absurd,even with these details don't having such importance

For some reason,besides anything,I can only think on the button being in the Courthouse as an analogy to the "Final Judgement",Apocalypse,and things like that.

Although what you proposed is pretty plausible.Being isolated from the modern society,Buried's Town might have faced off anything with suspicious nature as a threat. And those were confiscated by the local authorities to prevent attacks from someone.The Courthouse may be the definitive proof of that.

I also think that it makes my "Porter shot" a little less absurd,even with these details don't having such importance

I suppose. In any case, I plan on making an update soon about Maxis orchestrating the button. Btw, what should we call the thing? "Box" confuses it with the Mystery Box. "Button" seems to neglect the box. "Thing" is vague. Thus far I just didn't give it a name.

Now that we know that Element 115 was found in 1917, may I ask where you got this:

A meteor containing Element 115 had crashed at Der Riese some time ago before the facility's creation.

What suggest that there was meteor at Der Riese?

We know no such thing.

The Servant files said Der Riese was a site of a 115 meteor impact. In all likelihood the facility was specifically built there, around it, for that reason.

Archived