A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Administrators

You are missing the point Tac. It is both a site and a company.

I'm not missing anything, you never said that until just now. You disagreed that it was a site and said it was a company, based on the quote by Marlton. I personally doubt that it is both, likely being one or the other. As time goes on, we can get this straightened out.

I never disagreed. Tac, you need to change your views. Not everything is black and white. Just because I say A is right does not mean B is wrong. You're creating a petty argument over nothing. It's a site. It's a company. But more importantly. It's irrelevant.

Then say that the first time around when you're making your case for one and I'm making mine for the other, please. I'm trying to nail down information, what is irrelevant to you still has a place in the story and it may as well be entered correctly. There are things that are black and white, and there are many things that are grey. Just because of that doesn't mean we can't create the most factual information possible, whether "irrelevant" or not.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry. I boil it down to miscommunication on both our parts. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Now, I had been under the impression that the town was isolated. Apparently not. If they were burying people there in 1881, and they LATER got their hands on books published in 1894 and 1900's (Alcatraz), then they surely were not isolated. If that is the case then, how was Maxis trapped there? Did the place only later turn to total isolation?

• Administrators

Now, I had been under the impression that the town was isolated. Apparently not. If they were burying people there in 1881, and they LATER got their hands on books published in 1894 and 1900's (Alcatraz), then they surely were not isolated. If that is the case then, how was Maxis trapped there? Did the place only later turn to total isolation?

Well unless there is anything dated there past 1945, it became totally isolated before he got there, thus making it so he can not escape from the "wretched tunnel" he was stuck in.

Also, how come you believe this place to be the tunnel?

I made this post a few days ago. To summarize it would do it injustice.

I would like to add Ancient China to that list. The Jungle Book was written in 1894. So this means sometime after 1894. However, I think the Maxis Diary points to the underground town being around in 1945.

This thread has an image of it: viewtopic.php?f=152&t=33265

(I do not agree with the thread AT ALL though.)

I fear time is running out.

What does this mean? It's too short to tell.

Though my understanding of the ethereal realm remains limited,

In-game, Maxis tells us it is too much for our mortal minds to comprehend. This means this diary was written a long time ago, a time when Maxis didn't comprehend it either. And considering that it was WRITTEN in some fashion, it had to be before he was shot in front of the MPD.

I am convinced that the manipulation of the energy fields within all matter is vital to uncovering the dimensional gateway itself..

What does that sound like to you? Manipulation = weapon. Energy fields = rotating discs. Matter = electric charge between protons and electrons. Dimensional gateway = ethereal energy. We don't know who invented the Paralyzer. However, this makes Maxis the most likely candidate. He talks about building a device that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether. We have a weapon that can manipulate energy fields to connect with Aether.

It is my sincerest hope that somewhere in the realm beyond, my beloved Samantha still lives.

The realm beyond is Aether. However, Maxis says this, not knowing where Samantha is. So this has to be before Gersch plucked Maxis into Griffin Station to talk to Samantha. However, Maxis was ALWAYS with Samantha, well, with one exception. After Richtofen tried to kill them with Fluffy, Maxis and Samantha were separated. Remember that "wretched tunnel"? So, yes, I think this is that wretched tunnel where Maxis was during his disappearance.

I fear time is running out.

And that brings us back to here. We know Maxis wasn't gone for long. It was just a month or two. This is why he is saying time is running out. He knows they're going to be coming after him and that it is only a matter of time. His fears are confirmed. Maxis was once here in this underground town, and this diary entry details his thoughts on the town. Since the ethereal energy seems to have weird time effects, I would also suggest Maxis built the Time Bomb as well.

EDIT: Oh and thanks Zelkova for the widow bit. I didn't know that. I noticed she was crying though.

• Administrators

Makes sense as to why you think this is the tunnel, any on-map locations hold good possibility?

As for the isolation, it was open in 1881 due to the grave and 1894 due to the book. It wasn't isolated until the 1930's at least, due to the Alcatraz Swimteam Yearbook. So to me, if that book is implying escape attempts, the town simply became isolated or abandoned between 1936 (first escape attempt) and 1945, and when he was trapped there no one was there to let him out.

Makes sense as to why you think this is the tunnel, any on-map locations hold good possibility?

As for the isolation, it was open in 1881 due to the grave and 1894 due to the book. It wasn't isolated until the 1930's at least, due to the Alcatraz Swimteam Yearbook. So to me, if that book is implying escape attempts, the town simply became isolated or abandoned between 1936 (first escape attempt) and 1945, and when he was trapped there no one was there to let him out.

In interpret "tunnel" to mean the entire underground area. I think, to make the inventions there, he'd have to have access to everything. And I think the Ghost Lady (that's what I call her) was essential in his development of knowledge of Aether or rather the "ethereal realm", as he called it.

As for the rest of what you say, I agree completely.

Also, Tac, I'm doing the Maxis side of the Side Mission myself to conduct some research. Anything you would like me to look out for? I can't do both Richtofen and Maxis (due to time and teammate constraints), but I have some guys who will be doing the Richtofen side and, Activision be willing, I'll be able to watch their theater videos. Anything you'd care for me to tell them to look out for?

I know there's youtube videos and whatnot, but I must see it for myself so as not to be tainted by the way people present it. (Point-of-fact, PlayTheGame in their Maxis video tells you exactly how they interpret it before showing it to you, so as to skew your interpretation.)

Yeah its sad cus normally Z and MMX play a new map together but T_T I am doing Richtofen for him so I cannot do this with him. *cries* At least you can get a team together of older people MMX, I can't T_T.

Okay next question we have. Why is a wild western themed town buried in Africa, more specifically in Egypt. I am not concerned about how the town became buried so much (will discuss that after this question) but why is a Cowboys style town out here where they wouldn't have known what a cowboy was. My evidence on this being western cowboy is (I shouldn't need to be giving any evidence as only a moron wouldn't have noticed these things) them using Saloon', General Stores, the architecture, some of the outfits of the zombies. I would like to point out though that it looked like a few of the zombies were wearing outfits from the military (wild west military of that time). There is loads more evidence on that but I don't think its needed to prove this was a western town.

MMX, Z told me your theory involving Lincoln and all but I wanna hear what the others might think.

Yeah its sad cus normally Z and MMX play a new map together but T_T I am doing Richtofen for him so I cannot do this with him. *cries* At least you can get a team together of older people MMX, I can't T_T.

Sorry. I'll help you find someone in the future.

Okay next question we have. Why is a wild western themed town buried in Africa, more specifically in Egypt. I am not concerned about how the town became buried so much (will discuss that after this question) but why is a Cowboys style town out here where they wouldn't have known what a cowboy was. My evidence on this being western cowboy is (I shouldn't need to be giving any evidence as only a moron wouldn't have noticed these things) them using Saloon', General Stores, the architecture, some of the outfits of the zombies. I would like to point out though that it looked like a few of the zombies were wearing outfits from the military (wild west military of that time). There is loads more evidence on that but I don't think its needed to prove this was a western town.

There isn't. It's in Angola, not Egypt. It's based on colonizationism.

Since the 1840s, Lincoln, an admirer of Clay, had been an advocate of the ACS program of colonizing blacks in Liberia. Early in his presidency, Abraham Lincoln tried repeatedly to arrange resettlement of the kind the ACS supported, but each arrangement failed.

These are Americans who went to build a town in Africa. Kinda like imperialism from Europe but Americanized. You can hear what others think but that's what I think.

• Administrators

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything to look for. I have a list of story questions, but as of now none of them are regarding Resolution 1295. I guess I have such limited information on the map, I don't even know where to begin lol. I guess in regards to the map, the graves are really interesting me, but nothing about the Side Mission really intrigues me so far.

@Tac: Oh okay then. I'll try to take a look at the graves, but I can't promise anything.

@nayrc: I say we tackle that when we tackle the quotes when they come out next month.

Ok, I'll leave the quotes till then

And about the graves I've move back to my T.V. so I've been looking at them, a good way to see them is to use the paralyzer in-front of them, It give a light effect that makes them a lot easier to read

The one to the far left seems to say

WILLIAM

Died

OCT 15

The one to the right of that one says

J.Frank

Born

April 14

Died

June 19

The paralyzer trick doesn't work on the one to the far right but what I can make out is

BO___

HU__H

LEGALLY

HANGED

APR'88

ok, its something not registering in my brain. how are these diary entries being made? before Maxis died ive always assumed. MMX, the whole Samantha going into the pyramid and Maxis being shot thing..did these 2 events occur at different times? cuz i thought it happened at the same time...ive been so focused on the new story line im loosin concept of the old :(

i notice each diary entry is numbered but i havent been able to gather all the numbers, that wouldnt have anything to do with it huh

• Administrators

Thanks nayrc!!

ok, its something not registering in my brain. how are these diary entries being made? before Maxis died ive always assumed. MMX, the whole Samantha going into the pyramid and Maxis being shot thing..did these 2 events occur at different times? cuz i thought it happened at the same time...ive been so focused on the new story line im loosin concept of the old :(

i notice each diary entry is numbered but i havent been able to gather all the numbers, that wouldnt have anything to do with it huh

The entries are made between 1939 and 1945, prior to him being betrayed by Richtofen. Some might say between 1942 and 1945, it all depends if these diary entries were made in the data servant, started in 1942. We can get more specific times based on the entries, but they're all before 1945.

The entries are made between 1939 and 1945, prior to him being betrayed by Richtofen. Some might say between 1942 and 1945, it all depends if these diary entries were made in the data servant, started in 1942. We can get more specific times based on the entries, but they're all before 1945.

ohh ok i seen wat you mean now

as for the story as i see it the next map will have you play as the next characters and you'll have to have activeted the both the red & blue boxes doing every easter egg to merge both worlds outcomes in different timelines together in the next map?

OR ricktofens side is the main side if you look at infinity mode as the "future" of them doing the maxis side & dieing, so ricktofen sends them there to get the switch after maxis kills them so he can mend the time rift he created to alter history so ricktofen can gain control.

might explain why they are being respawned when they die.

B/C in the maxis final EE he makes ricktofen a zombie so he might have some power to change history & ricks FEE he erases maxis from existence!

& might explain being able to do maxis say on tranzit & ricktofen on die rises for example.

the way i see it the original way it hapend was

red red red maxis gains power. but ricktofen interfears in the past causing,

red red blue

red blue red

yata yata evey combo untill finaly he gets

blue blue blue & takes control erasing maxis!

might explain why different nav cards are on different maps because they dropped the in different times lines & have to time travel to pick them up.

might explain whos whos? tombstone? gost mode? die rise intro? memory loss & extreme dejavoo?

this is just my 2 theory of how the story will play out on the next map as this is the only thing i can see making enysense as it would get to confusing anyother way & just seams like this is the end of zombies :(

well thats my theory i call it ARCADE THEORY what do you guys think? i wana hear your opinions & thoughts to make this theory better or to hear why it can't happen this way.

I'm sorry to go off topic for just a second but I saw that BlackOpsTiger was listed in your credits, is he still active? He was the man back when it was just Kino and Five. I tried to pm you MMX but for some reason it takes me to a page and a quote of your topic :?

MMX I just remembered a quote that Maxis says to you, "You are brave warriors my friend, perhaps braver than those who walked this world before you." This is evidence that others came before us. His wording though does not make me believe he is referencing us being here before as in a dejavu situation.

• Administrators

I'm sorry to go off topic for just a second but I saw that BlackOpsTiger was listed in your credits, is he still active? He was the man back when it was just Kino and Five. I tried to pm you MMX but for some reason it takes me to a page and a quote of your topic :?

If you hit PM on this page it quotes the post associated with where you hit PM. You have to go to his profile and then do it to not get the quote.

As for BlackOpsTiger, he doesn't seem to be active anymore.

@Tac: Oh okay then. I'll try to take a look at the graves, but I can't promise anything.

@nayrc: I say we tackle that when we tackle the quotes when they come out next month.

Ok, I'll leave the quotes till then

And about the graves I've move back to my T.V. so I've been looking at them, a good way to see them is to use the paralyzer in-front of them, It give a light effect that makes them a lot easier to read

The one to the far left seems to say

WILLIAM

Died

OCT 15

The one to the right of that one says

J.Frank

Born

April 14

Died

June 19

The paralyzer trick doesn't work on the one to the far right but what I can make out is

BO___

HU__H

LEGALLY

HANGED

APR'88

Thanks nayrc! I checked it myself but I got this for the last one:

BO___

HUS_H

LEGALLY

HANGED

APR '88'

This is... this is messed up. Look. There are six graves. From left to right, you've got Priest William's (given by the cross), J. Frank's from the 1600's, an unmarked grave, the hanged grave, an unmarked grave, and a signpost used as a tombstone. Not to mention they most are done on plywood. Very strange. Perhaps there's a relation here. A noble priest gets a nice stone grave. A hanged man get a plywood grave. These people seemed quite judgmental.

Now, why is there one from the 1600's?!!! It's impossible that this town was set up in the 1600's. It would have a different culture entirely from a western American one, especially since America wasn't around. That means there is only one possible explanation. J. Frank was probably a religious man from long ago that died. When they built the town in Africa and moved there, they took his casket with him. It's the only plausible explanation I see.

It's okay. Yes, those two events happened at separate times. Samantha went into the Pyramid. Dr. Groph called Edward. Edward told him to find Maxis. It took them a while, but eventually they found him. They brought him to Griffin Station and that whole fiasco unfolded.

It's not surprising. We will never know all of the information. We have diary entires 10, 11, and 17. It's not much different than before with the thousands of Richtofen's diary entries or Maxis's servant data entries. We only hear a few of them.

Thanks nayrc!!

Yup. :D

as for the story as i see it the next map will have you play as the next characters and you'll have to have activeted the both the red & blue boxes doing every easter egg to merge both worlds outcomes in different timelines together in the next map?

Long time no see! I don't know. Perhaps.

OR ricktofens side is the main side if you look at infinity mode as the "future" of them doing the maxis side & dieing, so ricktofen sends them there to get the switch after maxis kills them so he can mend the time rift he created to alter history so ricktofen can gain control.

But the thing is that there are many different potential futures. At that point, you've sided with Richtofen. So that would be the "Richtofen future".

might explain why they are being respawned when they die.

B/C in the maxis final EE he makes ricktofen a zombie so he might have some power to change history & ricks FEE he erases maxis from existence!

I'll believe it when I see it, to be honest.

& might explain being able to do maxis say on tranzit & ricktofen on die rises for example.

the way i see it the original way it hapend was

red red red maxis gains power. but ricktofen interfears in the past causing,

red red blue

red blue red

yata yata evey combo untill finaly he gets

blue blue blue & takes control erasing maxis!

That's essentially it. However, who you side with in Buried does seem to take some effect at least, which is why I've listed four possible endings. (It groups some of the different combinations like red red blue and red blue blue.)

might explain why different nav cards are on different maps because they dropped the in different times lines & have to time travel to pick them up.

I find that highly unlikely.

might explain whos whos? tombstone? gost mode? die rise intro? memory loss & extreme dejavoo?

Ehhhh...

this is just my 2 theory of how the story will play out on the next map as this is the only thing i can see making enysense as it would get to confusing anyother way & just seams like this is the end of zombies :(

well thats my theory i call it ARCADE THEORY what do you guys think? i wana hear your opinions & thoughts to make this theory better or to hear why it can't happen this way.

It's possible. I'm not really one for predicting the future. Sorry. Honestly, at this point, I think anything can happen.

If you were unable to PM me, it is the fault of the site, your browser, your internet connection, your computer, or a combination of the above listed items.

It's fine to talk about anything story-related for the most part. Yes, BlackOpsTiger helped me out in the past, both here and back before this site. I haven't seen him in years though. His contributions were namely the connections between the V-R11 and the Wave Gun.

MMX I just remembered a quote that Maxis says to you, "You are brave warriors my friend, perhaps braver than those who walked this world before you." This is evidence that others came before us. His wording though does not make me believe he is referencing us being here before as in a dejavu situation.

I think he is referring to Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo. He says "perhaps" braver. If the ones that came before them died, I think he wouldn't consider them to be braver than us. But if he is comparing our successful group of characters to another group (the old group) who could be justified as successful, I would say "perhaps" as well.

hello murder :D just posting my theory to see how the community likes it & maybe add to it like facts N stuff B/C as zombies stands now it looks like its over with 2 different endings......or so they want us to think!(i hope) & what better mind fnck (mind games achievement) then something along the lines of this(arcade theory) or somthing like this.

no one would see it coming.

im not trying to predict the future but just trying to make sense of what info we have now. & reading into the clues TA gives us.

plus as i see it TA likes to make every little details as cannon in some way or form as much as they possible can. we have seen them do this meny meny times in the past.

but then again arcade theory is just a theory a game theory! :lol:

• Administrators

I wouldn't say that they were judgemental, I'd say they were religious. Unfortunately, they go hand in hand in some contexts, but I regards to the graves, I wouldn't say that.

As for the culture, I definitely think it could have been birthed in the 1600s. I mean towns and cities change as time goes along. Take Seoul, South Korea, for example. Top is 1900, bottom is 2013. And that's just one century, imagine three and a half.

I wouldn't say that they were judgemental, I'd say they were religious. Unfortunately, they go hand in hand in some contexts, but I regards to the graves, I wouldn't say that.

As for the culture, I definitely think it could have been birthed in the 1600s. I mean towns and cities change as time goes along. Take Seoul, South Korea, for example. Top is 1900, bottom is 2013. And that's just one century, imagine three and a half.

That's not so much a culture change have you been over there, do you know if the culture has changed? All you know is that the building architecture of the newer buildings (they still have buildings existing in the old style seen in 1900) is different, that's not culture.

• Administrators

I misspoke when I wrote culture, I was in a hurry. The images are there to refute MurderMachineX's comment on how the town would not appear as an American western town if it was founded in the 1600s, even though that is incorrect. The way a town or city appears and looks changes as time goes along, and Seoul's an example of it. There's no reason Resolution 1295 can't have the same happen to it.

Archived