A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

That's not true you can see them when lights out and Ferguson begins walking one of the lights goes out in a cell to his right and you see someone lying on the bed. This is not the only cell either. I didn't answer because Im just hesitating to hear my voice is all :/

As for Naga yes that's what they are in WoW in fact several times they've come close to taking over the world. Oh nevermind that's a mute point.

I guess I'll have to take a look at it. But like Rissole said, there's not much we can take from it. They could be just any prisoners who die, or perhaps the Grief guys.

I can confirm about the other prisoners. During a high angle shot above Ferguson walking while the lights turn off, you can see the legs and lower body of prisoners on their beds for a couple of seconds before the lights turn off. I think they may be the same model as the Alcatraz Prisoners, but whether they are actually two of the prisoners in Grief, I dunno.

Oh and there's more evidence to suggest Soviet involvement on Griffin Station. Matuzz wrote a thread about this ages ago which seems to have been deleted, but I luckily found the picture on his Steam account. Above the Receiving Bay is a tank or two with Russian writing on it.

Right Click + View Image to see it all if its cut off.

Awesome. So, what do you think about the idea of the reason for going there is getting Gersch (probably with intentions of salvaging the station too)?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought it up because

1. I noticed it and it hasn't been mentioned before by ANYONE EVER.

and

2. I thought it be something even if its minor that could be useful in the story. Heck even minor things that I have mentioned and were implemented in the story wind up sometimes being something major, such as the perk signs. As well as many other things.

I brought it up because

1. I noticed it and it hasn't been mentioned before by ANYONE EVER.

and

2. I thought it be something even if its minor that could be useful in the story. Heck even minor things that I have mentioned and were implemented in the story wind up sometimes being something major, such as the perk signs. As well as many other things.

Right right. Good girl, Zelkova *claps* (just kidding, just kidding)

It's good of you to make discoveries like that. This one is just a bit vague. Personally, I'd interpret it as being the Grief guys, but there's not much to go on.

Do you have any opinions on my thoughts of Gersch being related to the Soviet events in Griffin Station?

I do but I am getting all my thoughts together first before I say something. I agree that it wouldn't sound to far-fetched that they would go very far just to get a single scientist back. Its been known to occur before in history. Metal Gear Solid 3 also was a game (a accurate history wise game) showed where the Soviets were willing to do whatever it took to get Sokolov back who was a Rocket Scientist back and their greatest one. He was apparently working on a Rocket that could fire missiles from the ground across the globe (this occurred during the cold war and so such things were not possible yet)

I do but I am getting all my thoughts together first before I say something. I agree that it wouldn't sound to far-fetched that they would go very far just to get a single scientist back. Its been known to occur before in history. Metal Gear Solid 3 also was a game (a accurate history wise game) showed where the Soviets were willing to do whatever it took to get Sokolov back who was a Rocket Scientist back and their greatest one. He was apparently working on a Rocket that could fire missiles from the ground across the globe (this occurred during the cold war and so such things were not possible yet)

Okay, I understand. But thanks for the support. Let me know if you develop an opinion on it later. I suppose I'll wait for further discussion then, because I've already said what I think. :lol:

• Administrators

Gersh is interesting, to say the least. I don't believe that he was in the MPD, or that he was involved with Griffin Station. Well, let me rephrase that; I don't believe he was involved with Griffin Station WITH the Germans, because Richtofen makes mention of wishing he knew Gersh. The Soviet involvement in anything is skeptical to me, I mean I have to think more about it, but I have issues seeing either America or Russia in Griffin Station. America makes more sense, Russia less so, but I mean I don't know. I'm rambling, I'd have to rethink about it.

I just think we have evidence to say Russians were there too. Different timeframe, yes. So Gersch and Richtofen would never see each other. It would explain the Gersch Devices, the Russian Perks, the Soyuz rockets, Rissole's Russian writings, etc. We even have a method of placing a date of when Gersch was there if we can accept he was there. Russians of some sort seem to have been there. Gersch is as good a candidate as any.

So we can definetly say the Russians were there? Cool.

I don't really have any thoughts about Gersch right now. But I have been thinking about Yuri a lot. If he was there (along with Gersch), it's possible he may have touched the MPD while there. That could be the very reason he hears Samantha in his head. Previously, I think this was put down to Element 115 affecting him, but since we have reasonable evidence of Russians on the Moon, and the fact Richtofen gained voices after touching the MPD, it might be fair to say that Yuri touched it as well if we can accept that?

The only problem I have with that, is just that their seems to be no indication he travelled to the Moon. Especially in the timeframe the radios occurred. Seems like he was at Baikonur the whole time.

Also wanted to note, that Yuri was transferred to rockets. He could've worked on the Soyuz rockets if he was on the Moon.

So really my only problem with the Russians on the Moon is the timeframe and when it occurs. Obviously the above theories may not have happened, not to mention I can't see when they would've occured. Other than that, this is actually really exciting progress. :)

I really doubt that Yuri was ever on the Moon. He was transferred to work on rockets, which he found degrading. I think it would have been exciting if it was on the Moon. Also, he said he was blasting monkeys into the atmosphere. The Moon has no atmosphere.

But you have to remember that Samuel and some of the Flats people hear Richtofen. The current theory is that you must consume zombie flesh or something. But however the ability is obtained, there seems to be a certain fraction of the population that is able to hear them. I think Yuri was our first taste of that.

Also, keep in mind that the Americans lost contact with Griffin Station in 1962 because of No Man's Land. Since pre-1962 the teleporter went from Area 51 to Griffin Station, and when we play the map it does the same, the teleporter was never tampered with post-1962. Therefore, if the Russians came after the Americans, it could not have been via teleporter. It'd have to be via rocket. Now, I think it likely that the Russians wouldn't know anything about Griffin Station lest Gersch appeared there and warned them. (The date I mentioned should this be the case would be sometime on or shortly after November 7, 1963)

There's a banner in No Man's Land that practically tells us 1962.

Show me I am curious to see this (not arguing you at all I just really wanna see it)

I think the thread was deleted when the asylum went kaput. Basically, there was a banner welcoming home some troop division in No Man's Land. And if you look it up, that troop division existed in 1962. Sorry, no capture device on me. : /

• Administrators

One of the things I'd like to mention about the Ascension Group is that in Executive Order, it says that all of the scientists were Nazi's but if you notice the surnames, it doesn't seem like it.

Dr. Mikhail Ivanov - Computer Systems Engineer

Dr. Gavril Petrov - Launch Facilitator

Dr. Stefan Fedorov - Chief ICBM Weapon Directive Executive

Dr. Viktor Vasiliev -

Dr. Boris Titov - Nuclear Fission Engineer

So with that, I mean if they caught wind of going to the Moon and then transferred over to Russia's side, I could see that becoming an option. And I still hold the opinion that there was very little, or possibly no, Element 115 in Ascension. I know we covered this before and I was likely proven wrong, but I didn't find the conversation so I thought I'd bring it up again and maybe someone could spark my memory.

Couldn't Schuster be technically considered a Nazi? He worked for an organization that worked for the Nazis. So, by association, couldn't you consider him a sort-a-Nazi? Even though he was British?

So, what, Tac, are you saying as an alternative to the Gersch hypothesis that they went there because they found out from some Nazis?

Monopoly Mac, there was certainly 115 in the Pentagon. Zombies, Gas Zombies, Teleporters, Ray Guns, Winter's Howl, they all contain 115.

• Administrators

Couldn't Schuster be technically considered a Nazi? He worked for an organization that worked for the Nazis. So, by association, couldn't you consider him a sort-a-Nazi? Even though he was British?

So, what, Tac, are you saying as an alternative to the Gersch hypothesis that they went there because they found out from some Nazis?

Monopoly Mac, there was certainly 115 in the Pentagon. Zombies, Gas Zombies, Teleporters, Ray Guns, Winter's Howl, they all contain 115.

I very much would say that he was a Nazi, it's just odd to me that these six individuals left Russia, or something, and became Nazi's just to come back to the Ascension Group. I don't know, something about that sits uneasily with me. However, with that being said, I think it's possible and in all likelihood, how that particular situation happened.

As for the proposition, I would like to put that forth as another possibility to how the Soviets became aware of and gained access to Griffin Station.

I was just responding to Tac's opinion that there was little to no 115 at Ascension. Even though we don't physically see it, we know there had to be for zombies to even exist there. The outbreak is a bit strange though. After Gersch was sucked up, how did all hell break loose? It was a cosmodrome, not a lab for the undead.

The 115 shadow behind the rockets on the loading screen makes me feel like they were building rockets filled with 115 in them instead of Nova 6 like in the campaign.

• Administrators

I was just responding to Tac's opinion that there was little to no 115 at Ascension. Even though we don't physically see it, we know there had to be for zombies to even exist there. The outbreak is a bit strange though. After Gersch was sucked up, how did all hell break loose? It was a cosmodrome, not a lab for the undead.

The 115 shadow behind the rockets on the loading screen makes me feel like they were building rockets filled with 115 in them instead of Nova 6 like in the campaign.

Perhaps it has something to do with the crashed rocket, on the far side of the facility when you're heading to the Pack-A-Punch. Maybe it had 115, or caused something to happen.

I very much would say that he was a Nazi, it's just odd to me that these six individuals left Russia, or something, and became Nazi's just to come back to the Ascension Group. I don't know, something about that sits uneasily with me. However, with that being said, I think it's possible and in all likelihood, how that particular situation happened.

As for the proposition, I would like to put that forth as another possibility to how the Soviets became aware of and gained access to Griffin Station.

The only problems I have with that is that the alternative allows us to explain away Gersch and that this option makes it to where the Soviets beat the Americans to it. If that had been the case, I figured we'd have heard something about it. I really do not like the idea of relying on campaign stuff.

@Monopoly Mac: Well, we know 115 was at Ascension in some form. And rockets filled with 115 would explain the 115 in the lower atmosphere reanimating the Space Monkeys. Although, if that is the case, the world would've ended in the '60's, not the future, which of course is not possible. Title? I already have a title.

@Zelkova: No. You get there via Pocket Teleporter. You leave via Gersch Device. Portable teleporters only.

Archived