SKYRIM Discussion & Stories

Thanks guys.  It was inspired by Heather saying that the guilds were better.

I've done 3 playthroughs on skyrim now and the thought of doing the guilds again, especially the DB just to get either Shadowmere or the blade, just fills me with dread.

It was great the first time, ok the 2nd, a drag the 3rd....can't do 4.

Going to do some Oblivion research tonight me thinks.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recommend the DB on Oblivion. If you love to play a sneak class and sulk through dungeons sniping, obviously DB should be your first mission and in Oblivion all you have to do is kill a NPC and sleep. Careful which one you kill. Also, the mages guild for Oblivion has some very fun quests. Probably the most fun I've had from an RPG.

Anyone else like the Fighter's Guild in that one? Everyone else I know says that one was the worst, but I actually loved it. Everyone said the Thieves' Guild is amazing, but apart from the last quest it's pretty lame really.

Also, Knights of the Nine ftw. Seriously. Loved getting that armor one piece at a time.

Edited by Zombieofthedead

I highly recommend Morrowind to those that haven't played it. While it is lacking on the graphical side, and it is bit empty, I found it so fun. It was my first Elder Scrolls, so that may make it biased, but I just didn't have any problem with it. The DLC's Tribunal and Bloodmoon are great as well.

Tribunal adds Mournhold (the capital of Morrowind I believe), and great quests involving the Dark Brotherhood and the other two members of the Tribunal, Almalexia and Sotha Sil.
Bloodmoon adds Solstheim and the main quest involves Hircine. It's actually kinda cool they bought it back in Skyrim, basically comparing the two and all.

Not to mention the Construction Set that comes with it. Making your own little add-ons/DLCs. You can basically change the shape of the land, add new dungeons and stuff.

Dammit guys, I still have The Witcher, Dishonored and a few other games to play and 4 playthroughs of Mass Effect later, I intended to.

Until I took inspiration to the knee to start Skyrim again.

Meanwhile, after I'm finished with school, my next big art project will be Skyrim related. Oh yes.

So I deleted my old character because I couldn't get the 15 Daedric Artifacts, working on a Mage with Daggers female Dunmer or Breton. I haven't played in so long, only doing the Mage Questline. I'm borrowing the GOTY edition so I'll have access to all DLC. What requirements do I have to be to unlock the additional content and defeat said bosses? I'm a bit of a trophy hog so I like to get all trophies in everything haha.

I'm probably a bit late to answer this one, but reaching level 10 and going to any major city will activate the DLC. I always get someone talking to me in Whiterun.

I downloaded Oblivion GOTY last night late and spent a couple of hours messing around with it.

The graphics surprised me somewhat, I thought they would be worse than they are.  Morrowind...I'm going to leave it for a while.

Not sure I'll have time to learn both games, and even though I've heard the story is more immersive, I'm picking the graphics.

I'm definitely going to make an effort to learn keyboard and mouse however as it feels more involved, and accurate.

• 5 months later...