SKYRIM Discussion & Stories

This game earns at least a 9.9/10 from me. Easily one of the best games I have played. The quest lines are all quite impressive. The sheer amount of content is awe-inspiring, I have completed the main quest and easily logged 30 hours and haven't even uncovered more than 1/3 of the map.

I was playing yesterday, when I heard a dragon with its very distinctive roar, but my music wasn't tense and energetic, so i was somewhat confused. Shorty after, I watched the dragon fighting a giant. The giant was a beast. He was fighting off the dragon, very effectively, and I watched as a pack of wolves jumped in to take him out and he crushed them all, killed the dragon, punted a random hired thug into orbit, killed two other hired thugs, who I later discovered via a note were hired to kill me, sprinted over towards me and beat my horse to death, punted lydia off the side of a mountain ( I think she died, because she never reappeared. I've tried looking for her and fast traveling and hiring new companions and then looking for her in whiterun and she just is completely gone.) And then he walked peacefully past me with at least 2/3rds of his health left. So I stalked him for awhile, watched him kill an elk or something, then he stared shaking his club at me and being all angry, so I backed away and I guess it wasnt the right moove because he charged at me and I paniced and used Fully upgraded Unrelenting Force on him and watched as he tumbled down a mountain side out of my view. The last I saw of him was his health bar on top of my screen at almost zero, but not quite zero, before it disappeared. I bet he is still out there somewhere. Training, and getting stronger. One day I'll wake up in my home in whiterun and see him standing over my bed, waiting to strike...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game earns at least a 9.9/10 from me. Easily one of the best games I have played. The quest lines are all quite impressive. The sheer amount of content is awe-inspiring, I have completed the main quest and easily logged 30 hours and haven't even uncovered more than 1/3 of the map.

I was playing yesterday, when I heard a dragon with its very distinctive roar, but my music wasn't tense and energetic, so i was somewhat confused. Shorty after, I watched the dragon fighting a giant. The giant was a beast. He was fighting off the dragon, very effectively, and I watched as a pack of wolves jumped in to take him out and he crushed them all, killed the dragon, punted a random hired thug into orbit, killed two other hired thugs, who I later discovered via a note were hired to kill me, sprinted over towards me and beat my horse to death, punted lydia off the side of a mountain ( I think she died, because she never reappeared. I've tried looking for her and fast traveling and hiring new companions and then looking for her in whiterun and she just is completely gone.) And then he walked peacefully past me with at least 2/3rds of his health left. So I stalked him for awhile, watched him kill an elk or something, then he stared shaking his club at me and being all angry, so I backed away and I guess it wasnt the right moove because he charged at me and I paniced and used Fully upgraded Unrelenting Force on him and watched as he tumbled down a mountain side out of my view. The last I saw of him was his health bar on top of my screen at almost zero, but not quite zero, before it disappeared. I bet he is still out there somewhere. Training, and getting stronger. One day I'll wake up in my home in whiterun and see him standing over my bed, waiting to strike...

That was one of the coolest things i have ever read.

LOL I love the giants.

I used a giant campsite to take down a blood dragon. I usually just pull out the old Wabbajack and Fireball to take down dragons (BEAST!!!) but I was out of charge and soul gems so I just booked off running towards a giant camp. The two giants went to battle with the Blood Dragon while I spammed him with Fireballs. The Blood Dragon took out 1 giant, but the other one took him down. I went to go absorb it's soul and the last remaining Giant started charging me.

I used the Animal Assitance shout and his own herd trampled him to death. lol good times

BTW I'm now a happily married level 34 Argonian Battlemage, Harbinger of companions, Dark Brotherhood Assassin, Collegiate Mage and a Training Bard. Skyrim the land of opportunities...

Has Patch 1.2 seemed to make things worse for you guys? Apparently they have made all resistances nothing, so Fire Atronach thing will take damage from fire, elemental resistances don't work, etc. This is what I've read.

It has done nothinig bad for me yet, except for the flying-backwards dragon glitch. I can't even kill it because it never lands, flies around retardedly, and will always move away when I get close. Luckily I've only found 2 dragons like that.

Game has only frozen once. Found no major quest glitches except for one in Markarth, after completing The Forsworn Conspiracy and No-one Escapes From Cidhna Mine quests, you can't ever enter the Shrine of Talos again because the guards will be in there, and talk to you like they do at the end of TFC. I don't know what happens if you go quietly to jail, because you've already done the quest so...

In another matter, my character is a cannibal now :/ Didn't want him to be, thought it would be possible to fight against it and kill everyone in that quest, but I didn't want to fail it so...yea. Omnomnom. I haven't even touched College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood yet. Should be good! :)

Has Patch 1.2 seemed to make things worse for you guys? Apparently they have made all resistances nothing, so Fire Atronach thing will take damage from fire, elemental resistances don't work, etc. This is what I've read.

It has done nothinig bad for me yet, except for the flying-backwards dragon glitch. I can't even kill it because it never lands, flies around retardedly, and will always move away when I get close. Luckily I've only found 2 dragons like that.

Game has only frozen once. Found no major quest glitches except for one in Markarth, after completing The Forsworn Conspiracy and No-one Escapes From Cidhna Mine quests, you can't ever enter the Shrine of Talos again because the guards will be in there, and talk to you like they do at the end of TFC. I don't know what happens if you go quietly to jail, because you've already done the quest so...

In another matter, my character is a cannibal now :/ Didn't want him to be, thought it would be possible to fight against it and kill everyone in that quest, but I didn't want to fail it so...yea. Omnomnom. I haven't even touched College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood yet. Should be good! :)

After doing the cannibal quest i walked by a guard and he mentioned something about my breath smelling funny RIGHT after i ate someone haha.

I've spent way to much time on this game lately its time to take a break. I have every achievement and i still haven't discovered half the map, can't wait to just roam around and do some exploring. The Daedra quests were probably the coolest things i've done so far (I highly suggest doing sheogorath's mission)

After doing the cannibal quest i walked by a guard and he mentioned something about my breath smelling funny RIGHT after i ate someone haha.

I've spent way to much time on this game lately its time to take a break. I have every achievement and i still haven't discovered half the map, can't wait to just roam around and do some exploring. The Daedra quests were probably the coolest things i've done so far (I highly suggest doing sheogorath's mission)

I've already done it! :D But I will probably never use it, just have it for decoration in my house. I'm doing the Sanguine quest now, the one like The Hangover. Arr you have all of them already? I wish I had them.

I've already done it! :D But I will probably never use it, just have it for decoration in my house. I'm doing the Sanguine quest now, the one like The Hangover. Arr you have all of them already? I wish I had them.

Now that you've said that i think I'm gonna decorate my whole house with the all the Daedric artifacts and random cool items I've found. The sanguine rose mission gives you a really cool staff, but then again all the Daedric missions give you really awesome stuff.

Another Dragon killed! :D I love this game! If it doesn't get GOTY then I will personally hunt down the haters... ;)

I have a feeling it will win plenty of GOTY awards. I would personally give it game of the year with minecraft being a close second and portal 2 being 3rd. But with all the amazing games out this year its hard to say.

Minor Spoilers ahead in invis-o-text No plot points Highlight to read**********

Holy crap I had a pleasant conversation with a Dragon today. I'm at the specified quest marker and I see the usual Dragon Word wall so I go over to it and an elder Dragon swoops down on me. I'm like "oh shit" and pull out the trusty wabbajack, but then the Dragon begins dialog with me and teaches me the second word to fire breath and teaches me to meditate on power words and gain a bonus from them. Wow this game surprises me everytime I play it.

End spoilers: Skyrim is awesome!!!!

Minor Spoilers ahead in invis-o-text No plot points Highlight to read**********

Holy crap I had a pleasant conversation with a Dragon today. I'm at the specified quest marker and I see the usual Dragon Word wall so I go over to it and an elder Dragon swoops down on me. I'm like "oh shit" and pull out the trusty wabbajack, but then the Dragon begins dialog with me and teaches me the second word to fire breath and teaches me to meditate on power words and gain a bonus from them. Wow this game surprises me everytime I play it.

End spoilers: Skyrim is awesome!!!!

Yea now that i think of it there is a lot of cool moments like this in the main quest line. There is another cool part that involves a dragon near the very end that you should love, don't wanna spoil it for anyone but its awesome!

I'm thinking about creating a pure Mage as a my second character for Master Difficulty.

I was thinking Breton, Mage, then Lord Stone. College of Winterhold immediately, train enchanting, destruction, restoration and conjuration. What do you guys think?

That seems good! It will really take the difficulty up, but it will be more fun.

Once I have all trophies, I'm gonna make my next character. I'm stuck between choosing pure Assassin or pure Mage. I don't want to have a mix though. I'll be using Khajitt or Dunmer for the assassin if I choose it, and Breton for mage if I choose it. Though I might make it just Argonian since I've never chosen it before. I always seem to pick that games homeland race.

What is everyone's favorite guild so far? I thought the thieves guild was pretty good but nowhere as good as oblivion's. The dark brotherhood was really cool and had some pretty interesting ways to do some of the missions and really cool characters.

The companions were probably my least favorite probably because i did all the missions in a row and thought it was pretty short, but becoming a werewolf was pretty cool. I also liked the mage's guild but thought it was really short as well.

Im at level 40. Im currently trying to obtain the wabbajack and am stuck in the mind of madness. My guys a jack of all trades pretty much. My illusion is at 100 from spaming the muffle spell in my travels and my 1-handed is master and my smithing is at 97. It frustrates me though that I cant get married because many followers of mine have died and alea doesnt appreciate a dead corpse at her feet at the ceramony and leaves me. I currently have all the houses and each are fully decorated. My mace of molong-bal has 72 core damage. Im using the steed stone untill I get the heavy armor skill in which it weighs nothing.

Anyone else experiance this glitch? After the main collage of winterhold quests, you keep the staff of magnus. Because im too lazy to move it all my items are in my dorm room at the collage of winterhold, so I put the staff there. Later, when I start "aftershock" My staff is gone!! (Idk how long it was gone.) nothing else was gone. But suprise suprise its in toldfeirs pocket, but only when he's sleeping! it also has a 0% chance of steal untill you get a skill that requires level 100 pickpocket. I dont have time for that!! How do I get back the staff? Id just kill toldfier but he wont freaking die! Ill give 1000 gold for help!!

Level 29 1/2. Esbern and Delphine have gone to that place east of Markath and I have to meet them there. What do I do? Finally start The Thieves Guild, and I have to say I'm having the best time in it! The story with it is so much better than Oblivion's and Morrowind's IMO, and the missions are generally more better and exciting! Just did the second mission where you have to plant the poison in the rival meadary for Maven Black-Briar. Also found the guy in there who was raising a skeever army to take over Winterhold and Whiterun lol. I can tell something major is going to happen at the end of it of the questline though :)

Ok... I think my Winterhold is infested with Dragons... :shock:

Just earlier I left the Jarl's house and a Blood Dragon flies down and starts attacking. No big deal there... But then just a couple of minutes ago I left the Hall of Elements at the College of Winterhold and a Dragon lands straight in the middle of the College! :lol:

Epic times in Skyrim. :)

And I keep killing my followers! D: I've killed 3 of em'!

• 3 weeks later...

So who got Skyrim for the holiday season?

I did and I love it :D I'm level 18 with 15 hours of playtime and I'm switching between different play styles. Still trying to figure out how to get to the top of the Mouth of the world, I finished the greybeards quests but there's snow blocking my way to the top of the mountain. Any advice?