SKYRIM Discussion & Stories

Hello, my partners in crime. While Battlefield 3 may be more popular on this site, I thought it fitting to have a Skyrim discussion thread, since it is so fun to talk about as well as share stories. Let it be known! The dragons will reign supreme, with their fiery breath and rock hard scales.

Might, magic, it's all in Skyrim! 11.11.11 is almost here...

Go here for some awesome info that we should look for on Friday!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-t ... m/60705949

imH4Ncoe9Gs

The second and third parts are in the side bar.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find a way to go to midnight launch for this. I can't effin wait, fallout 3 was my all time favorite game and i have a feeling this just might top it (now they need a fallout 4 with this engine).

What race will everyone be picking? I can't descide between a dark elf or an argonian.

Argonian or the one that is shown in the trailers. Imperial i think.

Holy crap there were over 200 people lined up for the midnight launch. but luckily people who pre ordered had first dibs.

I quickly started a game and created a character, made myself a badass argonian. Only played for about an hour in (spent most the time wallkin around looking at stuff) and holy crap this game is gorgeous! Can't wait till the morning so i can really start getting into it.

The game is great! The magic has to be my favorite part. I've already killed two dragons. I'm sticking to the main quest, but I'm loving it so far. One of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I agree, im pretty much JUST leveling up my magic aswell as wearing a robe to increase mana recharge, and its deffinitely the way to go so far.

But man this game is addictive. Has to be one of the most immersive polished RPG's ive ever seen. Keep forgetting which quest is the main one, all of them are so good. Im currently doing the mage's guild and a bit of the main quest.

Im currently level 18, finaly unlocked some really cool spells so im leveling that up along with my health a bit (mages keep killing me).

As far as quests go, i've just been wandering around trying to figure out which missions to do since i completed the college of winterhold which was pretty excellent. I have over 30 missions to pick from (not including misc quests) so its pretty hard to choose.

Damm that thing sounds pretty cool. The only cool items i've found was a magical bow that does 30 magicka damage and 10 regular. Ive also got a robe and mask that both increase magicka regeneration by 100% each, but i got those from the mages guild missions.

If your gonna go with destruction magic check out the guy in whiterun that sells spellbooks every so often. Fireball and winter storm are some to keep your eye out for.

Level 15 male Argonian Battle Mage focused on one handed and destruction. I've taken down two dragons and spoken to the Graybeards. I would suggest anybody stay with the main quest at least until they speak with the Graybeards because you will get your unrelenting force shout upgraded and you will learn the whirlwind sprint shout just by speaking with them.

I'm loving the game and will just go ahead and say this is the game of the year.

As far as good loot I haven't really come across anything crazy good except for maybe the Wabberjack(SP?) staff I got from a Daedric prince in the Blue Palace in Solitude. It does decent base damage but with a random destruction effect such as fire rune, lightning bolt, frost etc... I took out my second dragon with it.

Level 15 male Argonian Battle Mage focused on one handed and destruction. I've taken down two dragons and spoken to the Graybeards. I would suggest anybody stay with the main quest at least until they speak with the Graybeards because you will get your unrelenting force shout upgraded and you will learn the whirlwind sprint shout just by speaking with them.

I'm loving the game and will just go ahead and say this is the game of the year.

As far as good loot I haven't really come across anything crazy good except for maybe the Wabberjack(SP?) staff I got from a Daedric prince in the Blue Palace in Solitude. It does decent base damage but with a random destruction effect such as fire rune, lightning bolt, frost etc... I took out my second dragon with it.

That staff sounds pretty cool even if the damage is only decent. There is another Daedric staff (with a flower at the end of it) that i got from sanguine while doing a mission that reminded me alot of the hangover lol. All im gonna say is go to riften pub and accept the drinking contest from the guy at the bar.

Definitely loving the mining, smithing and stuff. I really enjoy going through mines. I'm going through the Winterhold quest line right now. I've taken down 6 dragons, my trusty Dragonbane has taken out 4 of them for me. Blood Dragons are especially tough to deal with. My favorite shout is Fire Breath with the focus from Paarthunax.

I've taken a break from the main quest but not before I found the best shrine in the game (Shrine of Talos; it gives me 7 hours of 0% recharge dragon shouts) as well as the Lover Standing Stone by Markarth (15% faster increase in all skills).

Has anyone finished the fighters guild questline yet? I heard from a friend that you get the ability to transform into

a werewolf once every day

:| :D

Im pretty sure that you do that in the fighters guild, its either that or the circle (which i can't find)

Man im getting a bit too addicted to this game. So far i've beaten the main quests and the colledge of winterhold. Im probably gonna do either the thieves guild or the dark brotherhood next. I found some REALLY cool stuff lately, one of the best being a sword called dawnbreaker that does fire damage and explodes undead when killed.