SURVIVAL MODE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only played an hour of survival an it is lot of fun. Few things..

I can't hear other player clearly in the game but I guess it's just my connection. Also I am having a bit of trouble running around to find locations where u can buy guns, air support and grenades. But I guess I'll get used to it. Also I think we could use more time before we start the next wave or is there a way to make crawlers? Lol.

Yes that really sucks that it isn't 4 player, Also you can't clutch the game if your partner goes down, the game is over. SO I guess team play is very very important. That one self quick revive does not help. Also it is very hard to look at the stats or progress in game which I hate. Sometimes I cant even tell what wave I am. But I need to play a bit more I have seen people doing better than myself,I like the fact that you can pick up guns and rebuy ammo. I am focusing more on free for all and prestiging. This will be one game I am going for Gold camo no matter what. I didn't care about prestiging in black ops but this is Modern warfare.

All that said I missing perk a cola machines, Yea yea I know this ain't zombies. I think Treyarch should focus on zombies as a game itself without adding multiplayer junk to it. There are enough games in the market for that.

Ok. I still havent gotten a whole lot of time to play the game but ive gotten my first impressions.

Overall Score: 7/10

Pros

The gameplay is great (like we expected anything less), the maps (ive only played 4 of them) seem to be just the right size for the type of gameplay, and are of a nice variety. The amount of different enemy classes is perfect, and the ability to level up to unlock weapons, mods, body armour and much more is a welcome addition. The wave your on is also displayed under the map in the upper left hand side of the screen. You can buy ammo for your guns rather than buying new ones or picking up enemy weapons. The 30 seconds you get between rounds to re-supply and the ability for both players to 'ready up'. Im sure there is more that i have not discovered yet.

Cons

LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND...if one of you dies the game is over (i am kinda split on this as it can also be a pro depending on how you see things). The fact that its only 2 player(it should be 4-player) still doesnt sit right with me but I guess its better than solo :). The Fact that some of the enemies spawn RIGHT IN FRONT/BEHIND YOU. It feels like its a little too easy to make it to wave 20. Out of the 4 games ive played we made it to 22-18-23-23, and this is just turning on the game and starting to play survival.

Anyway these are just my thoughts on the 'new' (i use that term lightly) game mode known as Survival Mode. I look forward to playing more Survival and a lot od MP this weekend when i finally get some more time to play the new addition to most of our game libraries.

i've played it on and off for the past 2 days now, and it's actually pretty sweet.

You can't really compare it to zombies on all the aspects though.

At first I didn't like the idea of it being two player, but with the game ending if you don't revive the other player I think it actually seems alright, it makes it more teamwork based; which I found most randoms in zombies weren't really into.

the way the weapons and other equipment works is pretty good once you get into it too, it feels more rewarding to do that than just have everything available right from the start.

I like that they've made the maps into four groups of different difficulties too, and all in all it's a pretty decent little game mode... although it really bugs me that you and your teammate are stuck there because you can't be extracted, yet they can drop in delta squads and juggernauts to help you :/

Lot of you guys sound like experienced zombie/survial players. I just started playing survial mode and was curious if there are advantages/disadvantages to playing solo as opposed to co-op? For example do you think you'd level quicker if you played solo? (since you get all the kills and such)...or does the game throw less bots at you if you play solo as opposed to co-op? Thanks in advance for the tips

Just played it the first time today on solo (video is uploading :D), and have a pretty good impression of it.

I like the Squads you can call, the turret is super awesome. Also the different type of "enemies", like normal, C4's, choppers, 'nauts, shielders and all of that. As well the leveling.

I would appreciate some - if not most - or even more - of these, of course in a zombie gameplay adjusted style.

I'm just thinking about a reward where you, and not Sam can control dogs or so. Stuff like that. More interactive gameplay things. Maybe it's just the turret and the riot shield quad that makes me like survival mode.

But in the end, it's still extremely far to what zombies is.

• 2 weeks later...