DER RIESE + More Power-up Drops

PAULY-HXC

Hey everyone.

So I don't think it is a"glitch" per say, nor can I absolutely "confirm" that this works, but I have tried 5 games without doing it, and 5 games with, and it generated over 6X more power up drops in my controlled testing when i did the step as opposed to playing through without.

I was playing with a Random and he asked me if i wanted more power ups, I of course said yes haha - so he told me to do the following.

1. at the beginning of each round, go to the Grate on the ground containing the small note [furthest one towards the barbed wire fence in the main spawn area.

2. crouch and look at the note

3. press the Square "interact" button

4. when you do this, almost always your character will respond with a soundbyte - each character says something different, makes a noise, etc.

5. repeat every round, usually at the beginning, but i am told it doesnt really matter.

when i did this, i absolutely got more power ups, i have never, ever seen that many.

by round 2 we had 2 max ammos, double points, insta-kill x2 2x carpenters etc.

the abundance of drops stayed generally the same for the first 17 or 18 rounds. I did notice that after round 20, they definitely seemed to slow down, but the frequency in which i made it to the main spawn to do the step dropped off as well, so i definitely missed a few rounds.

It doesnt seem like it falls under the "glitch" catergory, as you arent manipulating the gameplay, and there is a distinct "interaction response" when you press the button on the note.

anyway, it is a really handy thing to do, imho - enjoy!

also, if you tryit, and it works, leave a brain [i dont have many haha] and pass on the good news

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to throw my hat in and say that I also believe this to be remarkably effective. It only seems to last a round or so each time, so the action must be repeated. It seems to work equally well on both co-op and solo. However, you must make sure you hear the character's reaction to make sure you really 'activated' it.

For those having difficulty, be aware that it is a slip of paper with Illuminati symbols you're looking for. I find that that standing next to the grates with my back to the fence and using a gun with wider a wider cross-hair is easiest.

Another thing I noticed when I did this is that, even my first time using a teleporter, Sam refused to give me drops. I can't guarantee that the two are related, but in my experience, you usually get a power-up the first couple times you teleport. Likewise, I can't guarantee that the two are related, but it is something to be aware of.

I'm going to throw my hat in and say that I also believe this to be remarkably effective. It only seems to last a round or so each time, so the action must be repeated. .

Not trying to be rude but whenever I actived it it always seem to last me till the high 30's and this is when I active it in round 1 (like I always do solo or not)

I'm going to throw my hat in and say that I also believe this to be remarkably effective. It only seems to last a round or so each time, so the action must be repeated. .

Not trying to be rude but whenever I actived it it always seem to last me till the high 30's and this is when I active it in round 1 (like I always do solo or not)

Your experience is different than mine then, perhaps we're on different consoles or something. I tried it last night and activated it on rounds one and two and consistent high drops until about round six, then they sharply tapered off. Upon going back to the note on round sixteen, they immediately went back up. So if one only has to do it once and it lasts, great, but if one does it a single time and does not get good results, it's worth returning to the note before dismissing the practice as ineffective.

Is this for both solo and co-op does anyone know?

In my experience, it works equally well on both.

Your experience is different than mine then, perhaps we're on different consoles or something. I tried it last night and activated it on rounds one and two and consistent high drops until about round six, then they sharply tapered off. Upon going back to the note on round sixteen, they immediately went back up. So if one only has to do it once and it lasts, great, but if one does it a single time and does not get good results, it's worth returning to the note before dismissing the practice as ineffective.

Is this for both solo and co-op does anyone know?

In my experience, it works equally well on both.

It definitely works on solo, and in my experience if you wan the drops to remain in excess you have to hit the note each round, it becomes a game within itself just making it there and safely activating it haha!

Also, in co-op only 1 HAS to do it to gain drops, but in the times I have shown randoms, and friends we have gotten much much more when everyone is hitting it at the start of each round

It's a neat trick and really handy!

• 2 weeks later...

It does really seem to work. I was in a game of Der Riese with Pauly when we first met and he brought this up to me. At first I was like no way. I've heard of all those glitches and stuff and they never work. But....once he did it we got alot of drops, I mean ALOT. Think this is one that actually works. Also I have noticed the no teleporter drops as well.