Hangar 18 new discovery!

BlindBusDrivr

We've all seen those hexagonal plates in the MP map and then on the shelf on the Zombies map MOON which you need for the easter.

Well, after all this time and by complete accident, I found out what they are!

Their part of the James Webb space telescope-

But the one problem with this, is that the JWST project was cancelled recently, the map is the 60s-70s, or does it?

But sticking with the time frame in the 60-70s, I looked up what the plates themselves were.

Gold coated Beryllium reflector.

Here's what Beryllium's Wiki summary is:

Beryllium ( /bəˈrɪliəm/ bə-ril-ee-əm) is the chemical element with the symbol Be and atomic number 4. It is a divalent element which occurs naturally only in combination with other elements in minerals. Notable gemstones which contain beryllium include beryl (aquamarine, emerald) and chrysoberyl. As a free element it is a steel-gray, strong, lightweight and brittle alkaline earth metal.

Beryllium is used primarily as a hardening agent in alloys, notably beryllium copper. In structural applications, high flexural rigidity, thermal stability, thermal conductivity and low density (1.85 times that of water) make beryllium a quality aerospace material for high-speed aircraft, missiles, space vehicles and communication satellites. Because of its low density and atomic mass, beryllium is relatively transparent to X-rays and other forms of ionizing radiation; therefore, it is the most common window material for X-ray equipment and in particle physics experiments. The high thermal conductivity of beryllium and beryllium oxide have led to their use in heat transport and heat sinking applications.

The commercial use of beryllium metal presents technical challenges due to the toxicity (especially by inhalation) of beryllium-containing dusts. Beryllium is corrosive to tissue, and can cause a chronic life-threatening allergic disease called berylliosis in some people. As it is not synthesized in stars, beryllium is a relatively rare element in both the Earth and the universe. The element is not known to be necessary or useful for either plant or animal life.

In order of the parts I've bolded-

1. perhaps it works with 115? They are both dangerous elements.

2. Maybe it could be used on reverse engineered alien spacecrafts?

3. Didn't Die Glocke have similar effects? And 115?

So maybe theres a whole lot more to this than we thought?

And throwing out an ENTIRELY CRAZY new idea, what if the government had discovered time travel through their tele porters and used modern day discoveries and ideas, i.e. The James Webb Space Telescope, And recreated them at secret bases in the 60s!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my memory beryllium is fount abundantly in the galaxy, one of the most abundant elements actually, that would explain why they went to the moon.

Also maybe your looking too far into this? There are too many elements that are that dangerous to the human body, even oxygen causes simmilar effects to nova 6 when in an 100% oxygen atmosphere.

And for the effect, 115 is famous for having a half life of about 220ms (miliseconds), while beryllium has an atomic number of 4 as I recall, not at all unstable or radioactve in any way.

But your theorey that America/the Nazis are reverse enginnering the alien artifacts (like the pyramid :)) is a good one, I just think that Beryllium has no part to play in it.

Die Glock was the real life attempts at discovering the uses of radioactivity, ranging from the occult, radioative weaponry (gun form, not bomb form :D, to anti gravity and time travel, not weaponising chemical warfare (are you thinkign of nova6? Because that would make more sense :))

And the last point about time travel within time travel, nice idea :D possible sequal plot device?

From my memory beryllium is fount abundantly in the galaxy, one of the most abundant elements actually, that would explain why they went to the moon.

Also maybe your looking too far into this? There are too many elements that are that dangerous to the human body, even oxygen causes simmilar effects to nova 6 when in an 100% oxygen atmosphere.

And for the effect, 115 is famous for having a half life of about 220ms (miliseconds), while beryllium has an atomic number of 4 as I recall, not at all unstable or radioactve in any way.

But your theorey that America/the Nazis are reverse enginnering the alien artifacts (like the pyramid :)) is a good one, I just think that Beryllium has no part to play in it.

Die Glock was the real life attempts at discovering the uses of radioactivity, ranging from the occult, radioative weaponry (gun form, not bomb form :D, to anti gravity and time travel, not weaponising chemical warfare (are you thinkign of nova6? Because that would make more sense :))

And the last point about time travel within time travel, nice idea :D possible sequal plot device?

I'm still wondering if they are gonna do anything to explain the Indestructable Apple. What do we think of that? And as for the idea that maybe Space Telescopes, Satellites, and other things being secretly thought of in the 50's-60's, that's happened before hasn't it?

I guess i was looking into Beryllium a little to much.

But I'm still puzzled why pieces of a modern space telescope would be in the 70s and HOW they are useful to Vril Rod? Why did Richtofen need them at the computer, what did he do? What did they do?

Just always adding more to the mystery Treyarch. There's always more stuff for us to find, we just found this and the maps been out since Summer! Who knows whats next?

Don't sweat about looking too deep, thats how we find things, getting hooked on an idea with no firm proof or little and disregarding all good arguments is bad, too many people do that.

But remember also that ideas can be later proven as evidence is discovered. So keep that Beryllium idea in the back of your head somewhere.. who knows? It couls be right!

But I'm happy you were so accepting of my argument! This site needs more WWk reserchers with your ideas and attitude to theories [brains]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I am going to have to completely disagree on what those plates are for. They are used for the Casimir Effect, not a telescope :P

The typical example of the Casimir Effect is of two uncharged metallic plates in a vacuum, without any external electromagnetic field (like being on the Moon ;) ). In a classical description, the lack of an external field also means that there is no field between the plates, and no force would be measured between them. When this field is instead studied using quantum electrodynamics, it is seen that the plates do affect the virtual photons which constitute the field, and generate a net force, almost always an attraction. This creates Casimir Pressure. Because Casimir force between conductors is attractive then the Casimir pressure in space between the conductors is negative. Applying this to the VRIL Generator, I'm assuming that the then negative energy inside the conductors fuses the Focusing Stone with the VRIL Generator, thus making them work.

tac is right, we proved this way back in ascension when people where still calling it Kassimer instead of its real name and what relation into it was. however bored as i am now this forums pretty much dead, thought id throw this out here randomly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Chladni

German and refers to speed of sound, vibrations and so forth.

also found this while view Chladni plates images, thought it was interesting and no way related,

i automatically thought of...

notice how the above plate is hexagonal aswell, same as the plates on the moon.

just goes to show how much is open to interpretation via thinking outside the box

I am going to have to completely disagree on what those plates are for. They are used for the Casimir Effect, not a telescope :P

The typical example of the Casimir Effect is of two uncharged metallic plates in a vacuum, without any external electromagnetic field (like being on the Moon ;) ). In a classical description, the lack of an external field also means that there is no field between the plates, and no force would be measured between them. When this field is instead studied using quantum electrodynamics, it is seen that the plates do affect the virtual photons which constitute the field, and generate a net force, almost always an attraction. This creates Casimir Pressure. Because Casimir force between conductors is attractive then the Casimir pressure in space between the conductors is negative. Applying this to the VRIL Generator, I'm assuming that the then negative energy inside the conductors fuses the Focusing Stone with the VRIL Generator, thus making them work.

Well I can't seem to find it a coincidence how the picture above of the telescope with the scientists around it looks EXACTLY like the ones in Hangar 18.

And the plates are beryllium, which is an Alkaline earth metal, which I believe could be used to create a casimir effect.

• Administrators

Would you post an in-game picture of them? I just think that we can't really say that it is specifically used for the scientists thing because, honestly, all hexagonal plates of that size are likely to appear the exact same. Just my 2 cents.

Ahhh, yes. They are same. Are those the ones that we use in the Easter Egg? Like are those the exact plates that are used?

They were, except they were stacked on that shelf. You have to knock them off with the grenades and then use the gersch to suck them up and teleport them with you.

Unless area 51 was making 2 of the same looking plates, which is just silly sounding, I'm 99% sure they're the same.

• Administrators

Ok so basically they had the plates on shelf for the telescope and the characters used them for the Easter Egg? Who knows, I feel like they have a different use for the Egg. Like I feel like they weren't just stocked there, they were placed there on purpose for them.

Ok so basically they had the plates on shelf for the telescope and the characters used them for the Easter Egg? Who knows, I feel like they have a different use for the Egg. Like I feel like they weren't just stocked there, they were placed there on purpose for them.

I doubt that they would show us in the MP map hose plates on the grid of whatever was holding them up and then have the same ones but stored on a shelf in a tele porter hangar, just seems like they wouldn't have them be different. I mean they are exactly the same, just not assorted on that device.

• Administrators

It's just curious that they are in Area 51 also, I mean left-over from Der Riese would make sense if it was in a 935 controlled area. I suppose the American Operative could have put them there, but they are on the MP map also.

Yeah I remember those now. Plus a death machine. I think that all that was made from someone who's an ex-935. As for the bulletin boards, it makes no sense why they wouldn't change them

I've assumed this is what the American's gathered from massacre at Der Riese. They are trying to continue where the Nazi's left off with this technology.

• Administrators

Oh yeah I didn't think of that, makes sense. After the events at the Massacre, they sent the gang to SNN and took all the stuff back to the Pentagon and tried to reverse engineered it. I'm on the edge between that and someone fleeing back to America and trying to recreate it. Eh I like your idea better :lol: