Jumpy things powerups - is there a tactics to get em surely?

Tom852

Hi.

Well I usually avoid the dome, cause i tend to say it is almost too easy and too boring. But now, for higher rounds (40+), these nukes and insta kills are really handy up there, and I wonder if there is a tactics to get them for sure.

What I noticed so far, the jumpy thing (love that word) that is closest to the drop always turns off, just like 5 seconds after the drop appeared, and usually just when you reach it and when you want to take it.

I also guess it turns then on again at a time, so that you just have a really small chance to still catch the drop after its last teleport&change. But since the drop will indeed just teleport again when you reach the pad on which it is, it's really hard to catch it.

Now, you can also use another jumpy thing, which are usually turned on I guess during this other, closest to power up jumpy thing, is off. Sometimes it takes me to the correct platform, where the drop is, sometimes not.

My question is: How can you make sure, you pick up the drop. And i dont wanna just pick it up, i also wanna let it change if it is something i dont want. So more concrete:

a) Specific order the drops change? Like always from Hammer to Nuke, from Nuke to insta or something like this?

B) Which pad takes you to which pad, and when? Is it like the phd pad takes you always once left, once right, alternating? Or is it like something with the direction you look? Or is that totally random?

c) and so on, just stuff that helps developping a plan to catch the powerup you want always.

The target would be: You see power up type xy on the pad xy, so you then know, you have to wait xy seconds and then start with jumpy thing xy, to catch your insta kill or whatever you want. [i just imagine this working, 20 insta kills in round 60, yummy]

Do we have something on that? Code fragments or knowledge by experience? Since Treyarch let you choose the power up in Shangri La with the monkeys, I could imagine they have put in some system in that too. But comparing the pads to the teleporters in Five, for which we dont have a system till today, not sure what the pads do.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is: How can you make sure, you pick up the drop. And i dont wanna just pick it up, i also wanna let it change if it is something i dont want. So more concrete:

a) Specific order the drops change? Like always from Hammer to Nuke, from Nuke to insta or something like this?

B) Which pad takes you to which pad, and when? Is it like the phd pad takes you always once left, once right, alternating? Or is it like something with the direction you look? Or is that totally random?

c) and so on, just stuff that helps developping a plan to catch the powerup you want always.

A.) The order seems to be completely random. I tend to spend alot of time now looking up at those power-ups, and it seems like every time the order changes. I have seen no particular patterns in regards to the order.

B.) I believe the pads are also totally random. I've hit that pad by Flopper a ridiculous amonth of times (I get impatient waiting for people to hit the box Haha. That and I have problems standing still). And I've noticed it seems completely random on which direction it shoots you in. Also, the order of pads seems to be completely random. It really is hard to tell exactly where you'll end up when you take them.

C.)The only way I tend to get the power ups is if it's at the first launch pad floating in the air. I do know that when the power up first appears, it will stay in it's first location for a good 7 or 8 seconds, giving me plenty of time to go get it. It will also stay in the second location for 3 or 4 seconds. So if you time it right, you can get one of the two first powerups that appear. Generally, if I don't like the first thing that pops up, I'l ltry to get the second one. After that, it can be extremely hard to get the powerups as they're blinking and moving to fast.

These are all jsut observations of course. I'd also love to see what the actual coding has to say about this.

• 4 weeks later...