Firesale without power?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

//the firesale flag is initialized to false in the start of the game.

set_zombie_var( "zombie_powerup_fire_sale_on", false );

//shows that an alternate power up is used if chest is not moved.

else if( powerup == "fire_sale" &&

( level.zombie_vars["zombie_powerup_fire_sale_on"] == true ||

level.chest_moves

{

powerup = get_next_powerup();

}

&& is Logical AND operator and || is a Logical OR operator in C# and when either of conditions evaluates to true the statement following this condition is executed. In this case even if the fire sale drop is going to spawn if the box is not moved, the next power up is chosen.

If you want more detail, Read this..

In C#

T= True F= False

T && T = T

T && F = F

F && T = F

F && F = F

T || T = T

T || F = T

F || T = T

F || F = F

In our case it was

T && (T||F)

simplifies to

T && (T)

= T

Regards,

way~

Good stuff way2g00, thanks for posting that! [brains]

So there is an order in powerups? :D :D

I don't think there's an actual order that they come up. I'd imagine that it produces a random list of the powerups, which changes every time you play. What way2g00 was saying is that the order is always random, but when the Fire Sale comes up in that order, and the box hasn't moved positions yet, it will skip the Fire Sale and go to the next powerup on that random list. Correct way2g00? Or am I misinterpreting the data?

//the firesale flag is initialized to false in the start of the game.

set_zombie_var( "zombie_powerup_fire_sale_on", false );

//shows that an alternate power up is used if chest is not moved.

else if( powerup == "fire_sale" &&

( level.zombie_vars["zombie_powerup_fire_sale_on"] == true ||

level.chest_moves

{

powerup = get_next_powerup();

}

&& is Logical AND operator and || is a Logical OR operator in C# and when either of conditions evaluates to true the statement following this condition is executed. In this case even if the fire sale drop is going to spawn if the box is not moved, the next power up is chosen.

If you want more detail, Read this..

In C#

T= True F= False

T && T = T

T && F = F

F && T = F

F && F = F

T || T = T

T || F = T

F || T = T

F || F = F

In our case it was

T && (T||F)

simplifies to

T && (T)

= T

Regards,

way~

EXCELLENT POST.

Entirely factual and consice as possible with logical support.

Referenced to further material for clarity.

Stock Stackoverflow answer!

• 1 month later...

Don't like dragging up an old thread but in the last 2 games I have played in Kino the same thing has happened to me.

Box has been hit 2 or 3 times, definitely not moved and then I have used the teleporter.

Twice now I have had firesales as bonus free drops. Do these rooms drops exist outside the normal parameters for firesale drops?

I can prove this if I really have to, just have to dig through a fair amount of footage.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like dragging up an old thread but in the last 2 games I have played in Kino the same thing has happened to me.

Box has been hit 2 or 3 times, definitely not moved and then I have used the teleporter.

Twice now I have had firesales as bonus free drops. Do these rooms drops exist outside the normal parameters for firesale drops?

I can prove this if I really have to, just have to dig through a fair amount of footage.

Kino room drops are random drops, I beleive. I totally forgot they even exist in kino. I have used teleporter past few times in kino and I never get those anymore. I thought they removed this until you told me about it.