Fastest time to Pack a Punch

THE ERAYZA NATER

Hey guys (and girls), just wondering when you Pack a Punch in NML what is your fastest time? I was playing a solo game and was absolutely owning, had about 2600 points before the first bell and ended up PaP'n M1911 and went to teleport (my third time pack a punching before round 1, didn't want to waste it) but I didn't get J-nog and 3 dogs killed me on the teleporter. After I had teleported dead I had survived 3:07.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quickest I have seen is 67 seconds, the quickests I have done is 81 seconds, the ideal time is 90 seconds. 90 seconds can be consistently repeated over and over again.

And something that people don't realise....Juggs is not as important as wasted bullets. It's better to get Juggs later if it has meant that you have killed 40 zombies with 4 bullets, rather than 30 with 6 bullets.

Hiya,

Ive lasted about 10mins with 202 kills, but thats nothing,

There are a number of people on this forum,

*cough* superhands *cough*

*cough* MixMasterNut *cough*

With a much better score than that,

You just gotta grab jugg once PAPed, its no easy task, but extremely satisfying if you do well :mrgreen:

Yeah I kinda meant the fastest time because I usually do last WAY longer than that but without any ammo but I do agree about superhands and MixMasterNut

Juggs is not as important as wasted bullets. It's better to get Juggs later if it has meant that you have killed 40 zombies with 4 bullets, rather than 30 with 6 bullets.

This! A lot of people when they're still fairly new to NML but good enough to be able to PaP the M1911, take the gun out of the machine and start blasting a bunch of shots and trying to build up the 2500 points really quickly. You'd actually get the points quicker if you gathered a whole horde of zombies first and shot 2 rounds into the whole bunch. This'd mean gathering 2 seperate hordes, but again this is quicker and more ammo-efficent than picking off small groups.

As far as PaP times, my fastest is about 85 seconds. As Chopper also said, with practice you can PaP in about 90 seconds pretty consistently. The main thing between success and failure in doing this is well-timed grenade throwing. You'd typically start preparing your first grenade at the second alarm.

Also, I'd say NOT using the PaP'd m1911 is NML is a waste, you're throwing away a valuable point-making opportunity by not using it there. If you've managed to PaP it then there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to start round 1 with Juggs and over 10k, which of course is setting yourself up for a very nice start ;) Then of course you can knife all the zombies but one, open all the doors to the Biodome, get the Bowie Knife and rack up a ton of points with that so you can hit the box at the end of round 9.

You shouldn't need it in the early rounds on Moon anyways, and either way you're very likely to get a Max Ammo within the first 5 rounds.

Yep, non PAPed M1191 gives me 24 * 30 points most of the time between the first and 2nd grenade.

It has also given me 240 points before first grenade, maybe 300 if I manage a kill. This leaves 8 bullets. They are either fired after first grenade if I'm dazed and there are runners, or just after the 2nd grenade.

40 bullets = 1200 points if shot into 1 train. Add 50/60 or 100 for any that are killed with it. Use these wisely.

Eye and I are reworking the strategy guide for NML, I'm asking for the help of mixmaster and superhands too.

Many people on this site have the skill to hit over 250 kills, but not necessarily the ingrained tactial nous to work out what to do. Our aim is to change that.

There are things like how to double stab....with timing you can get hit but as long you have given 1 hit, you can get the 2nd killing stab without getting hit again.

This doesn't work in water as you can't step back a tiny bit, which is required.

How to always stab dogs without getting hit.

How to play with lag on PS3.

The 3 main different grenade spots and the pro and cons of each.

I want CODZ to have the finest zombie players anywhere as 1 group. With some of the strategical minds on here as shown by a variety of high level guides, we should do this!

Fastest time to Pack a Punch

This could make for a fun codz competition....

I guess it would depend on how many people have the ability to record their gameplay. But if we could get enough people involved, it'd be awesome to watch everyone's results. We could then pick apart everyone's strategies with a fine-toothed comb and through collective minds, help improve everyone's gameplay. I know I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without bouncing ideas and strats back-and-forth with the other guys on here.

Basically, if you can get a fast PAP time, then it's only a matter of time and number of tries before you pull off 200+ kill runs. So for you guys out there who want to eventually get 250+ kills, here's the first step.

*cough* EyeCntSpel *cough*

*cough* jacktheripper *cough*

But yeah, those are your top 5 for CODZ right there! :)

1. Superhands

2. ChopperNator

3. MixMasterNut

4. EyeCntSpel (me)

5. Stalking You (jacktheripper83)

Anyway, my fastest time is about 85 seconds. I do agree with Chopper about fast Jugg time not being needed for 300 kills; however, in order to get 349 kills like MatoMaster21 (or over 320 for that matter), you need both a 80 second PaP time as well as Juggernog in under 2:20 seconds.

Overall, the quick PaP 90 second time can be repeated by some aggressive play and can net you many kills. But, the downside is that it requires aggressive play and extra knifing after the siren, which can take a while to master. My advice in shooting for 300 kills is to aim for a PaP time of 1:45.

You can easily make it in that time with 1670 and one stab, even less if you're a good stabber. That's a good starting goal to shoot for. Don't waste shots and only shoot full trains- if you train in the right places and get a bit lucky, the higher kills will come easily :)

Check the Survival Guide if you want more help!

By the way, 67 second PaP is nearly impossible to replicate without many, many hours of trying and luck. Spawns, knives, dog spawns, grenade timing, lag... It's a long list, so shoot for 1:45-2:00 if you're new, 85-90 if you're advanced.

OMG Chopper's 296 run pumped me up so much to play some NML again!!!

I have BF3 and W@W (for custom zombies) on PC still in the wrapper, waiting for me to play. And what do I do?... I spend my entire night on xbl in NML trying to PAP in 90 seconds, lol.

A few runs I was able to hit times of around 1:45, but I couldn't quite get it in 1:30. I'll admit, I didn't have any truely epic starts though, where you hit over 2000+ points before they start running. I had to work my knife kills between the next two bells big time. I regret nothing. Fun times were had!

OMG Chopper's 296 run pumped me up so much to play some NML again!!!

I have BF3 and W@W (for custom zombies) on PC still in the wrapper, waiting for me to play. And what do I do?... I spend my entire night on xbl in NML trying to PAP in 90 seconds, lol.

A few runs I was able to hit times of around 1:45, but I couldn't quite get it in 1:30. I'll admit, I didn't have any truely epic starts though, where you hit over 2000+ points before they start running. I had to work my knife kills between the next two bells big time. I regret nothing. Fun times were had!

sweet, nice dedication. I'd be too tempted to play BF3