COTD zombie guide - from Eye's master guide **new updates**

Chopper

ChopperNators Co-Op Guide to Call of the Dead

- come dance fuckers!

I warn you now, this is a long guide. Please leave any feedback that you have so I can edit this before the final version goes into the master document.

All edits are in yellow (or green, I'm not quite sure being colour blind!)

Game Basics -

I don’t want to go into too much detail here as Eye’s zombie guide will cover the basics. Most users here know all this stuff anyway.

Maximise points in first 10-15 rounds.

This enables you to start killing George early to get your 8 perks.

Communicate - the most important thing.

Playing with friends this shouldn’t be a problem but with randoms it‘s more of an issue. It you are kiting somewhere don’t leave unexpectedly without letting people know, no-one likes 15 new zombies suddenly appearing next to them.

Leave George alone.

Learn to not shoot him, whilst it won’t kill you most of the time once you know what you are doing it can certainly kill your friends if they aren’t so experienced.

COTD is different.

To get to high rounds takes more time than any map, with the potential exception of Five. Stuff takes time, ie PAPing and it’s a huge map. To utilise the Waffe takes time as you have to kill George first. There is no wonder weapon in the traditional sense.

Door at Base of Lighthouse next to AK stays shut.

There are some strategies which can utilise this being open, but the game is much easier with it shut.

The Strategy -

Priorities -

Sickle (*)

Juggs

Mustang & Sally

Flopper

Stamina-Up

Quick Revive/Speedy Cola/Mule Kick (**)

4 perks (***)

* - not for everyone but for most people on here I imagine it will be

** - I never buy QR, neither do the people I play with. Not only are we confident in our own abilities to not go down, we are even more confident in our partners abilities to revive us. Honestly if you follow my strategy you can always revive without QR. It’s a straight choice between speedy and mule kick. I normally rely on George for Mule Kick as I wouldn’t even think about getting it until level 25 or so.

*** - you shouldn’t kill George unless you have all 4.

(Strategy) Starting - the first 5 rounds.

There are 2, maybe 3 ways to do this.

1 - get Sickle ASAP

2 - get Power/Juggs ASAP

3 - split the team and do both ASAP

If you are confident zombie players and both have 4 bar connections go for option 1.

If even one player is not confident do option 2.

Option 3 is for certain situations, ie 2 good players but one wants Juggs first (they may not have the best connection). In this case 1 can go for Sickle, and the other for power. Once.

Round 1 - Hit George ASAP, the zombies will spawn much faster. Stab them all.

Round 2 - Try and let them all spawn, kill sprinters with 2 stabs, collect slow zombies and then make a nice straight line. 6 bullets into first of group and then knife, then 3 into 2nd and 1 into 3rd, followed by knife.

Round 3 - If you are good at stabbing, keep doing it, they are only 3 stabs for a kill. If you aren’t so confident go open to the MPL and buy it. If you can afford open up to the top of the power area but leave the door to it shut and camp at the top of the stairs.

Round 4 - Depends on what you did on the last round, keep doing the same. End of round 4 leave a zombie and do a points check. If you have been stabbing you may both be able to go and get a sickle. It’s 750 for the first door, 1000 for the lighthouse door (next to Flopper) and then 1000 for the back door inside the lighthouse. Then 3000 each for sickle. If you can’t quite afford it the way I would play would be quite risky but manageable. Stay in the lighthouse on the bottom floor and try and build enough points at the start of the next round to buy it.

If you don’t want to do this you will need to travel down the slide and end up next to the AK74u. This is the best gun in zombies in my opinion…..but not this early. The problem with having gone down the slide is that you now need to spend 1000 to open a door to be able to get back to the sickle, then you have had to buy the AK. Anything that takes points away from a sickle is bad to me, but if needs must they must.

Power guys stay in the same location, get ammo if needed.

Round 5 - Power guys stay camping, 1 set of stairs and 1 window should not be causing a problem.

If the other guys have a sickle welcome to point nirvana. You should not open anymore doors and basically stay here until round 7-9, depending on your points and preference.

The easiest and safest way is both players to stand at the top of the ledge, 1 looking towards spawn and the other covering the rear. With OHK ability nothing should give you problems if you are suitably aggressive. If you go hunting zombies they shouldn’t have time to build to great enough numbers to give you problems yet. When George appears either lead him to the back by the sickle or one of you drop down and keep him there.

Sorting the priorities - points needed

Which ever way you have begun the next goal is the same, accumulation of enough points to get set for the game.

I’m leaving the door by the MP40 shut for now, it may help later….or hurt if you try and escape the top of the lighthouse! I also leave the door above Juggs shut. If these 2 are both shut recovery from DOA is much much easier as you can escape through these 2 doors after picking up Juggs and know you aren’t going to have any in your way.

I’ll start with the power guys.

To get to Juggs

1000 points for power door.

1000 points for boat to enable you to drop onto ship.

1000 points for PM63 door.

2500 each for Juggs.

Total - 3000 in doors.

To get map open to Flopper/Stamina/Lighthouse

750 for boat back to lighthouse from ship.

1000 for door leading into trapped characters area, to the left of the lighthouse when looking straight at it by the base.

1000 for door leading into middle of lighthouse.

Total - 2750 in doors.

The only door left that has to be opened is the door from the initial spawn towards lighthouse. Everything else can if you really want to stay shut.

750 for last boat to be opened.

Totals -

6500 in doors, 2500 each for Juggs.

Nice extras - 7000 each for Flopper and M&S.

For the sickle guys.

You can go 2 ways, the long way back through the spawn via the base of the lighthouse, or use the path that leads straight to the ship. Either way you have to go through spawn as you need to turn the power on first. I’d go the lighthouse way to open flopper up, and to have some kind of loop available.

To get to Power -

1000 for door leading into trapped characters area, to the left of the lighthouse when looking straight at it by the base.

750 for boat leading to the power area from spawn.

1250 for the boat that opens to the box location.

1000 for power door.

1000 points for boat to enable you to drop onto ship.

1000 points for PM63 door.

2500 each for Juggs.

Total - 8500 in doors.

Sickle Players should be aiming for the following by round 10.

Juggs

Flopper

M&S

Stamina

Speed Cola

After getting the sickle to achieve this you need to make 14,500 points each for the perks/PAP, plus 8500 between the team for the doors.

Power Players will need a few extra rounds to achieve the same goal. They also may want to swap Speedy for QR.

M&S+AK74u+Juggs+Flopper = set to own

Once you have this setup you can begin to dominate. I would not change a thing until at least round 20, maybe 25. The only thing that will change is the addition of free perks

Within these 3 rounds, you’ll need to buy the following items in order:

Quick Revive

PhD Flopper

Mustang & Sally (PaP the M1911)

Mule Kick

Make sure to leave a crawler at the end of each round so you can go and buy these items.

Rounds 10+

Continue using the AK to kill and make points. You should by now have all of the items listed above. Have the Mustang & Sally in your hands just in case you get stuck, as this can be used to blast your way out of trouble.

Leave a crawler at the end of each round to go and hit the random box. You’re aiming to get the Scavenger and the Matryoshka dolls.

When you do get the Scavenger, trade it for the AK74u. Then go and replace whatever your third weapon is (not the M&S) with the AK.

This may seem like a waste of points, but this is actually done to save points and effort in the future; if you go down, you’ll lose Mule Kick and your third weapon. If this third weapon is your AK, it’s easy to replace again. But there’s no telling how many points it will take to get the Scavenger back. Not to mention the time it takes.

When you do have the Scavenger, you’ll still continue to use the AK to kill for now – the Scavenger at this point will be used to kill George.

This advice that Super has given can also be used within Co-op. It's an alternate way to how I do things but it has an awful lot of merit.

I think that the strategies you use are extremely advanced but can be done by anyone, other than the lighthouse combine.

By the way, include the fact that PaP assault rifles have a multiplier on George, the highest being the FAMAS with 9.2 times the damage.

For this reason, I suggest getting Mule Kick over stamin-up to keep a PaP FAMAS handy or any other assault rifle. Snipers work well, too. So, the FAL, AUG, Galil, Commando and FAMAS are all better against George plus 2 snipers. If you play the odds, you'll usually get one of these weapons and with Mule Kick, you are not hindered in any way at all, especially since you'll be killing George with speed and efficiency. Pretty sure, a full PaP FAMAS should kill George on 2 players at full health.

Supers advice combined with Eye's equates to a new tactic for Co-op.

Both guys replace Mule Kick with Stamina, or wait until you receive it from George.

1 player is going to want the Scavenger as their 2nd gun, the other will want one of the guns Eye has mentioned. The Scavenger player can also get just an assault rifle.

This tactic will ensure an easy way to get rid of George every other round. 2 PAPed AR's will kill George in less than 80% of their total ammo. A full Scavenger and PAPed AR will get rid of him within their ammo capacity.

Sorting the priorities - free perks

Killing George will give you a free perks each time. Once you have 4 perks plus M&S you are good to begin killing him. This is the best way to do this.

End of each round - leave a crawler and empty all shots from your M&S except 12 into him. These 12 are left for emergencies but on these low levels you shouldn’t need them.

Everytime ammo appears - unload your M&S into him, reload and then pick up the ammo.

Death machine - whenever you get this unload into him, let your partner cover you.

Flopper him by the mystery box near Stamina. Run and flop from the top of the stairs, then lead him into the water to calm him again. Rinse and repeat.

Sickle him.

Scavenger high level - see rounds 20-34 strategy.

Eventually he will die and you will get your free perk.

PAPed ARs - see information above.

Make sure you have the last zombie to hand when you kill him. Kill this zombie and let the new round start before picking up the perk and Waffe. This will ensure he is away for 2 rounds.

(Strategy) continuing - the middle rounds

There are unsurprisingly a few ways to play the middle rounds, what with the massive map and multiple kiting areas. It also depends on the amount of players you have.

I’ll start with the strategy which requires the most skill but is definitely the quickest and enables you to kill George the easiest.

AK/Lighthouse strategy -

The base of this, whether you have 2, 3 or 4 players is 2 players circling outside the lighthouse. One will be by the small pool, the other in the larger sloped area directly in front of the lighthouse. The circles themselves are easy once you master cutbacks. Kiting infact is pretty easy in most areas once you have mastered these. Please see Eye’s master guide for how to perform these.

George will be a bit of a pain in the arse but it’s not difficult to keep him in the middle of your respective circle. Just don’t shoot him if you can help it.

When you are running low on ammo you need to swap circles. This can be done without any communication if you play with the same person long enough. The player circling by the AK should always do counter clockwise circles.

When you are circling back down away from the AK, parallel to the wall on the right you can see exactly what the other player is doing.

They should also be doing counter clockwise circles.

If the pool player needs ammo they just need to ensure that the other player is in a position to see them when they make their move, hence these counter clockwise circles. They just leave their circle and start moving slowly towards the AK, with the wall tight on their right hand side. The other player once he sees this will drag his zombies as far down as he can, and then sprint towards the pool once the other player is moving.

The circles will basically swap, and you each have a new group. The beauty of this is that even if zombies act unexpectedly, they will all still end up in one circle or the other.

If you can learn to do the above you will become a much better zombie player. It will teach awareness of partners zombies and your own, and how not to tangle them.

Other players -

I’m just going to list the kiting areas available, choose where you want.

Spawn - massive area, no easy gun access.

Bottom floor inside lighthouse - easy circle, no easy gun access.

Middle floor inside lighthouse - easy circle, no easy gun access.

Bottom ice slide - easy circle, no easy gun access.

Square area between lighthouse and PM63. Doable, a bit tight, no real redeeming features that I can see.

The main problem is that with the door next to the AK shut, getting elsewhere to do revives becomes slightly complicated.

Sorting the priorites - revives.

The key to being a really good zombie player is not how to clutch, although that can help but more how to revive. On COTD more than almost any map there is never a reason to not be able to revive. If you can revive, you won’t need to clutch.

Revive checklist -

1 - stop killing immediately. If you are the downed player and you shoot zombies I will be pissed off. If I need help I will either ask or you will know when I need it. Shooting zombies on level 25 with your M1191 is not going to do anything except probably annoy George. Shooting zombies with your Ray Gun or M&S will most likely create crawlers all around you.

If I do not have QR I can’t revive you with a pissed of George, or when you are surrounded by crawlers.

2 - where is George and is he calm?

3 - where the fuck are all the zombies?

4 - stay calm, you have more time than you think.

5 - kite the shit out of everything. This is the most important one to make it successful. If you run like a headless chicken towards a downed player you are going to need luck on your side. If you kite the zombies you only need skill J

6 - always revive from the back or side of the player, compared to where the zombies are chasing you from. This means you or they can still shoot at the zombies if things are getting hairy. Thank you M&S.

I’ll start with the easiest revive - 2 player both outside the lighthouse.

You are in 2 separate areas, kinda. The idea is for the downed player to either crawl to the small pool, or to the walkway that leads towards the spawn. The alive player continues to circle in their area, once they have all zombies they need to drag them as far away as possible from the other player. Then sprint to them. You can always always always get this revive without QR, without leaving the AK area.

All other revives are basically an extension of this.

You need to realise where the player is, the quickest route to them and the quickest route the zombies are going to take to find you or your other team mates.

I’m not going to type it all out, you can figure this out for yourself.

With 3 or 4 players you can take it even higher and realise that one player can act as bait, to draw them away whilst someone else can do the revive.

When someone goes down I generally stay exactly where I am for 15 seconds to see what is going on. You will still have time, just learn the different ways to move around the map. From the AK area to get to spawn you can travel through the lighthouse, or you can go the longer way around and travel towards the ship, up the stairs and the drop of on the left hand side, so you will end up dropping into spawn into the water.

From spawn to lighthouse you can go the traditional route or head to the power and use the flipper to get across. To get out the front you can then go up through the lighthouse and drop off, or just down the stairs.

Think about things like that and revives become much easier.

Sorting the priorites - DOA/Clutching.

Mistakes happen and sometimes people die. Don’t panic, it’s fairly easy to recover.

Clutching is easy on this map as you now have the whole area to yourself and freely available ammo. Just work your way through it and make sure you leave a crawler.

Once you have just a crawler left decide how you are going to recover. It depends heavily on the round you are on and how much ammo you have in your M&S.

A mistake me and Savage once made - level 43 on COTD, Savage goes down and can’t be recovered. We made 3 bad decisions. The first was waiting for PAP to appear by Juggs and then going for it. The second was both being in that cluster fuck area on level 43. The 3rd was not utilising the VR-11. Savage put his pistols in, got Juggs and I was just waiting by the machine. Unfortunately the area became flooded and M&S on 43 is not quite good enough to clear a spawn of random zombies coming from different directions.

How I had done it at 49 2 weeks earlier - my partner died on 48 and he had had the VR-11. At the end of 48 I spammed the box until I got this gun, and then unloaded the upgraded ammo into him at the start of the round. He was able to easily get Juggs and back as the zombies were under the Chopper effect, and running away from him ;)

The gist of it is that the downed player should go on their own unless you are below level 30 or so, when M&S will still do the trick. You can spawn them near Juggs and then haul arse out of their, trying to lead any spawners away from him. Do up all the windows in the area, and lay some claymores around the machine to offer some protection. The other option is to spawn them at stamina and trust in their ability to survive until all zombies are spawned using just stamina. It’s then easy for them to leave whilst you babysit.

VR-11 is definitely the safest option.

Sorting the priorites - a pissed off George.

George will become pissed off at some point. How and when it happens make a big difference to managing him.

Firstly as soon as you hear him roar start jumping like crazy, when he electrocutes the floor the effect on you will be greatly reduced.

The most important thing on any level past 20 is to make sure there is a full spawn out before attempting to calm him down. It's not difficult to continue kiting with him running around and is infact essential to safely calming him.

Option 1 - the safe option. Get all the zombies and George spawned outside the lighthouse, run through the lighthouse from the left hand side (flopper area), down the middle and out the back down the slide.

Plus 1 - George will be away for a few minutes whilst he walks back through the water.

Plus 2 - The zombies will be weakened by their trip through the water.

Con 1 - It's slightly slower than option 2.

Option 2 - the riskier option. Get all the zombies and George spawned outside the lighthouse, ensure 1 player has the entire spawn and George. This player will get as tight a group as possible by the AK and then move towards the pool in the corner. Be as close to the right hand side as possible. George needs to be at the front. Get to the pool and stand just in the water....done successfully the zombies will be slightly out of view as there is a small corner there. As George gets to the pool move to the right, jumping in the water. George will just touch the water, calm down and you can escape to the right and forward.

Plus 1 - Fastest way to complete this.

Plus 2 - Zombies stay in a tight group, can be taken out immediately.

Con 1 - The first time you try with a full hoard you will be convinced you are going to get trapped in the pool. You won't if done correctly I promise. Additionally the pool ia big enough to manage a reverse kite with a cutback if absolutely necessary to escape.

Option 2b - the most fun option.

Do exactly the same as option 2, but the player who is not doing the calming needs the scavenger, and it to be below round 34. Let the first player get trapped in the water, but the scavenger player is going to shoot into the pool. Being completely trapped and waiting for the scavenger explosion is most exhilarating!

(Strategy) continuing (last rounds before end game)

These are generally rounds between 20/25 and 33.

Setup 1 -

Both players M&S plus AK74Fu2 *

Setup 2 -

Player 1 has M&S plus AK74Fu2 *

Player 2 has M&S plus Scavenger *

Setup 3 -

Player 1 has M&S, AK74Fu2 and Scavenger *

Player 2 has M&S, AK74Fu2 and VR-11 *

* From this point onwards I would begin taking the Waffe and using it for the first 180 kills of a round.

With setup 1 you are basically doing what you have been doing, no different.

Setup 2 and 3 are where the real fun lies in killing George and Zombies at the same time.

This strategy is also the base of the end game strategy.

The idea is to combine all zombies into 1 hoard, with the players circling as a pair. George needs to be by the small pool in the back corner. Lead the zombies all the way to the AK and then sprint at George. Shot him with the scavenger, circle the zombies around him and then boom, no more zombies and a weakened George. Lead him into the water and rinse and repeat.

It’s not that difficult to combine the zombies once you get the hang of it. If you are able to swap positions repeatedly for AK ammo you already know the basis of it. You want to do almost exactly the same thing but when the player who is moving away from the pool and towards the AK gets to the point where they are about to turn right towards it the other player sprints up and joins them in a circle. This circle will then go all the way down to the pool and you now have 1 nice big group.

The scavenger becomes a liability past 34, I would never use it past this point.

(Strategy) continuing (end game)

You can continue with the PAPed AK indefinitely, it will keep working but pretty soon it will take too long for most people to clear rounds.

It’s time to break out the VR-11 and Waffe.

For the real dedicated kill George at the end of every round he is back. This mean that you will only have him 1 out of every 3 rounds, plus he gives you the Waffe which is 180 guaranteed kills. You may want to box whore to get the Scavenger each time to do this, but this will take some time.

The VR-11 PAPed gives you 2/3 brilliants statues if you are shot by it.

Invincibility

Repulsiveness

Insta kill

The zombies are so repulsed by you that they run away from you, and any that happen to get in your face can’t kill you. You also have insta kill for around 7 seconds!

You need to combine them as you may have been earlier when using the scavenger and begin circling. The idea is for both players to sprint and put some distance between themselves and the zombies. Both players face the zombies with the VR-11 player standing behind his partner. When they get close shot him in the back and let him use his imagination on how to kill them. Grenades, M&S, Anarchy, normal bullets, even flopper can be used.

Once you get past round 45 you may need to start rebuying the VR-11 at the end of each round.

Dolls are always insta kill so use them wisely. Zombies killed by a player under the VR-11 effect can leave drops.

If you run out of Scavenger ammo, try for a Max Ammo by killing the next few groups of zombies with the Matryoshka dolls, PhD Flopping and M&S – save the last clip of M&S ammo for emergencies.

It is possible to take out a group of 24 zombies with the Matryoshka dolls. To do so, make sure they’re all grouped, and lead them towards a wall, preparing the dolls before you reach the wall. Keep the zombies close, and release it against the wall so it bounces back at you, then do a u-turn and run round the zombies. They will all be in a tight bunch with the dolls at their feet, which will easily kill all of them.

My preferred way of using the dolls is slightly different, but either option will work. Group the zombies as you have been doing and have a tight circle by the AK. Both players sprint towards the small pool, with the player with the doll preparing a holding. The zombies will form almost a teardrop shape when running towards this pool from the AK. Drop the doll just before they get within 2 metres of you and the dolls will take everything out.

A final note on waffe kills and drops. It has been proven that zombies can very occasionally leave drops after being killed by the Waffe. The only circumstance in which this has been seen to happen is when the zombie that is killed has been electrified by George.

Although entire speculation there is a belief that zombies electrocuted have more chance of dropping items than they would usually.

Lastly but not leastly this guide is entirely my opinion. There are many ways to do the same thing but this to me is the easiest and quickest method. Superhands is doing a solo guide for COTD. I’m hoping that these 2 guides can be used in conjunction.

I purposely left of some basic information, ie, which way to go here, and how to get there. COTD is a large map, you really need to explore it.

Happy Zombie Slaying CODZer’s!!!!

Call of the Dead - Tom852's great kiting guide for COTD.

Superhands COTD Solo Guide - Superhands SOLO beasting guide to COTD.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide!

A few things:

What is DOA, OHK and clutching?

Where do I need to stay in the first rounds with 2 players?

You only talk about 4 players and I don't understand where the stairs, the ledge, etc you mention are.

The rest is really good, the revive, george, Vr-11, and maybe more is really good! I learned a lot today! Thank you!

Good guide!

A few things:

You only talk about 4 players and I don't understand where the stairs, the ledge, etc you mention are.

The rest is really good, the revive, george, Vr-11, and maybe more is really good! I learned a lot today! Thank you!

Sorry man, the guide was so long I made an assumption that people would already know the map but struggle with tactics.

The guide is actually aimed for 2 players, with some real minor 4 player stuff thrown in.

DOA =Dead on Arrival - when you haven't been able to revive someone.

OHK = One Hit Kill

Clutching = completing a round, generally high level when you are the only player left.

For the start you need to stay where you spawn. When I get home later I will grab a copy of the map from an overhead perspective and add what I mean by stairs and ledge's etc. I had hoped it would be clear on it's own, I suppose some people who really know the map will understand but I'll change it for everyone else :)

Good guide!

A few things:

Sorry man, the guide was so long I made an assumption that people would already know the map but struggle with tactics.

The guide is actually aimed for 2 players, with some real minor 4 player stuff thrown in.

DOA =Dead on Arrival - when you haven't been able to revive someone.

OHK = One Hit Kill

Clutching = completing a round, generally high level when you are the only player left.

For the start you need to stay where you spawn. When I get home later I will grab a copy of the map from an overhead perspective and add what I mean by stairs and ledge's etc. I had hoped it would be clear on it's own, I suppose some people who really know the map will understand but I'll change it for everyone else :)

Alright thanks :D

Could be because I'm on school for 7,15 hours now and I need another 45 minutes.

And I do ICT, so all I do is sitting behind a PC :P

So yes, I have a bit of a headache, I'm thirsty and I'm tired :P

So I can't think well now and imagine where those stairs are.

I should defintly read a few guides from here in the weekend.

And I should go to bed earlier.

Bad boy Chris!

Very good in-depth guide mate, [brains] to you.

The only thing I would make any comment on is about keeping the lighthouse door in the AK area closed. I'd say for solo and 2 players, definately keep it closed. For 3-4 players, if someone is also running a train in the bottom of the lighthouse then keep it open. You shouldn't really have any problems with zombies going in and out of the door, even if one does straggle and decide to go out of the door you'll already have ran past the door by that time and they'll just join your train.

With this door open you can also lead George out to the waterslide to cool him off if need be.

Opening the door will of course make it a lot cheaper to go get the Sickle and revive teammates too, but if it's a 2 player game then of course keeping the door closed will be the safer option.

Very good in-depth guide mate, [brains] to you.

The only thing I would make any comment on is about keeping the lighthouse door in the AK area closed. I'd say for solo and 2 players, definately keep it closed. For 3-4 players, if someone is also running a train in the bottom of the lighthouse then keep it open. You shouldn't really have any problems with zombies going in and out of the door, even if one does straggle and decide to go out of the door you'll already have ran past the door by that time and they'll just join your train.

With this door open you can also lead George out to the waterslide to cool him off if need be.

Opening the door will of course make it a lot cheaper to go get the Sickle and revive teammates too, but if it's a 2 player game then of course keeping the door closed will be the safer option.

Thanks mate. I actually totally agree with you! My mindset was so heavy on 2p games I was trying to fit other players in to this strategy! Yeah door open, 2 outside, 1 inside on bottom floor and 1 on middle floor then works! I'll edit that info in.

very good guide chopper, [brains] to you..

It you are kiting somewhere don’t leave unexpectedly without letting people know, no-one likes 15 new zombies suddenly appearing next to them.

Something like this, I revived this guy and he surprised me by shooting a crossbow inside lighthouse after a long gap and escaped through zipline for jugs, like Chopper said you can't do much when 15+ zombies appear out of no where when you already are running a train. In this game I played, I noticed that guy loves to shoot crossbow a little too much ;)

D7kyM5d4IcY

way~

It you are kiting somewhere don’t leave unexpectedly without letting people know, no-one likes 15 new zombies suddenly appearing next to them.

Something like this, I revived this guy and he surprised me by shooting a crossbow inside lighthouse after a long gap and escaped through zipline for jugs, like Chopper said you can't do much when 15+ zombies appear out of no where when you already are running a train. In this game I played, I noticed that guy loves to shoot crossbow a little too much ;)

D7kyM5d4IcY

way~

Wow! That was sucky!

way~

Picture perfect revive mate, everyone should watch that for how to perform one. Collect, drag away, sprint and revive.

Great guide Chopper! Everything is almost ready; I can feel it coming. I'll actually be on tomorrow probably. Fancy a go at Der Riese?

I think that the strategies you use are extremely advanced but can be done by anyone, other than the lighthouse combine.

What I want to explore, however, is the use of Matryoshka dolls to make quick work of a horde. They are extremely effective and could be useful for reviving as well.

By the way, include the fact that PaP assault rifles have a multiplier on George, the highest being the FAMAS with 9.2 times the damage.

For this reason, I suggest getting Mule Kick over stamin-up to keep a PaP FAMAS handy or any other assault rifle. Snipers work well, too. So, the FAL, AUG, Galil, Commando and FAMAS are all better against George plus 2 snipers. If you play the odds, you'll usually get one of these weapons and with Mule Kick, you are not hindered in any way at all, especially since you'll be killing George with speed and efficiency. Pretty sure, a full PaP FAMAS should kill George on 2 players at full health.

Just tips :)

Great work again!

What I want to explore, however, is the use of Matryoshka dolls to make quick work of a horde. They are extremely effective and could be useful for reviving as well.

I've got my COTD solo guide coming to the forum VERY soon for you to add to your guide, I briefly discuss using the dolls to take out an entire bunch of 24 zombies when attempting to get a Max Ammo after using all of your Scavenger ammo. Stay tuned!

Great guide Chopper! Everything is almost ready; I can feel it coming. I'll actually be on tomorrow probably. Fancy a go at Der Riese?

Just tips :)

Great work again!

I typed that all up earlier at work. As soon as I got home and reread it loads of stuff kept flooding to me. How to deal with George, Dolls + M&S high round for ammo just to name 2.

I had never even thought of using mule kick with the assault rifles multipliers, I'll definitely explore the strategies around those possibilities. Big update coming tomorrow.

Yeah man, the only real hard parts of call of the dead are until you get 8 perks, recovering from a down, and finding a strategy to quickly finishing any round past 41 (when the scavenger is no longer a 2 shot kill). If you can eliminate one of those parts, then you have made this map that much easier.

You do a great job making the last two very easy, but the simple ability to eliminate George with a PaP assault rifle is overpowered.

AR's are pretty common in the box, especially the FAMAS, so you can easily take out George till 8 perks, switch the rifle for the VR-11 or Scavenger, and then you're ready to roll on!

I'd be interested to see what you'll explore, Chopper!

Yeah, DuckCall00 can confirm it's on his thread.

Pack-a-Punched Assault Rifles are buffed against the director.

Upgraded AUG & Commando get a 4.75x multiplier.

Upgraded Galil & FN FAL get a 3.5x multiplier.

Upgraded FAMAS gets a whopping 9.25x multiplier.

Nesting Dolls do 1/20 of their normal damage to George.

Just thought I'd say that dolls are only a one hit kill into the 70s. After that they start becoming ineffective. But if you get that far you likely have other things to worry about...

@choppernator I didn't think this guide was long.

It seems to look kinda daunting, but it reads quicker than I had hoped. I'm adding lots and lots of stuff to this, picked up some good info from the comments and want to add a safer, slower and easier 2 player high level guide.