Locations of Shi No Numa and Nacht der Untoten Solved?

• Administrators

Ok first thing is first, I am just brainstorming here so please give supportive criticism and have an open mind, thanks! :)

Now, if you haven't noticed, almost all Zombie maps are models taken directly out of the singleplayer or multiplayer. Now if you didn't notice this either, they are usually incredibly close by, if not in the exact place.

Key:

Z = Zombies mode

SP = Single Player

MP = Multi-Player

Examples:

[Z] Verruckt (Berlin, Germany) = [sP] Ring of Steel (Berlin, Germany) = [MP] Asylum (Berlin, Germany)

[Z] Der Riese (near Breslau, Germany) = [sP] Eviction (Berlin, Germany) = [MP] Nightfire (Berlin, Germany)

[Z] Kino (Berlin Wall, Germany) = [MP] Berlin Wall (Berlin Wall, Germany)

[Z] FIVE (Pentagon) = [sP] U.S.D.D. (Pentagon)

[Z] Moon (Area 51 portion) = [MP] Area 51 (Area 51)

Now:

[Z] Nacht der Untoten (unknown) = [sP] Hard Landing (Peleliu Island, Palau) = [MP] Airfield (Peleliu Island, Palau)

[Z] Shi No Numa (unknown) = [sP] Semper Fi (Makin Atoll) = [MP] Makin [Makin Atoll]

I ask you... Is it too hard to believe that Nacht der Untoten is on Peleliu Island (Island in South Pacific) and Shi No Numa is at Makin Atoll (Island formation in the Pacific)?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah knew about that ages ago, but i believe NDU doesnt take place on one of those japanese island for several reasons

1) There are Nazi Zombies on this island, that doesnt make sense the island would only hold American and japanese bodies not Nazis

2) Im pretty sure the car outside has some resemblance to a nazi truck,so how would they get it there, certainly not by boat as the German Navy at the time isnt that large compared to the Americans

3) I think the developers choose that area because it looked suited best to hold up in a zombie outbreak and not because they but nazis in it and the building is from a japanese island just to mess with our heads

sorry for the rant just no one else was saying it

• Administrators

yeah knew about that ages ago, but i believe NDU doesnt take place on one of those japanese island for several reasons

1) There are Nazi Zombies on this island, that doesnt make sense the island would only hold American and japanese bodies not Nazis

2) Im pretty sure the car outside has some resemblance to a nazi truck,so how would they get it there, certainly not by boat as the German Navy at the time isnt that large compared to the Americans

3) I think the developers choose that area because it looked suited best to hold up in a zombie outbreak and not because they but nazis in it and the building is from a japanese island just to mess with our heads

Lol don't worry about it. I was just brainstorming.

• Administrators

I can't seem to find the quote online, but I swear I remember hearing Dempsey say something about fighting "here" before when he's on Nacht, because he fought in Peleliu during the campaign....

• Administrators

If I remember correctly, it was theorized that Dempsey and a group of marines came by Nacht on the way to Verruckt.

That's a solid theory, except that in the original game, Dempsey didn't fight in Nacht. I've always wondered if they were the same Marines or not, but the ones in Verruckt were confirmed to have dies there. Whoever made it to Nacht came by plane, so maybe they sent two groups of Marines?

If I remember correctly, it was theorized that Dempsey and a group of marines came by Nacht on the way to Verruckt.

That's a solid theory, except that in the original game, Dempsey didn't fight in Nacht. I've always wondered if they were the same Marines or not, but the ones in Verruckt were confirmed to have dies there. Whoever made it to Nacht came by plane, so maybe they sent two groups of Marines?

I thought it was confirmed that Dempsey was from Verruckt, and captured at the end of it.

But the Nazis in the pacific could have been from the expeditionary force that stole the 115 meteor deposit from the Japanese, which is mentioned several times in Kino

• Administrators

I thought it was confirmed that Dempsey was from Verruckt, and captured at the end of it.

But the Nazis in the pacific could have been from the expeditionary force that stole the 115 meteor deposit from the Japanese, which is mentioned several times in Kino

Well it is confirmed that Dempsey was captured in Verruckt, but not of anything that happened prior to him being captured. And how do we know that they stole it from SNN, is there a quote?

I really like this idea Tac! So perhaps the NDU and Verruckt happened at almost the same time? Two groups were sent to Verruckt to rescue Tank and the other secret agent (Peter). But during the flight one of the two planes experienced signicant turbulance and went down, crashing right near the NDU building.

Honestly, I really like this idea. Would explain how a bunch of Marines ended up randomly in some abandoned building in Germany. I think we can assume it's Germany somewhere since it's nazi soldiers and the description says "you pushed them into the heart of the reich". That's gotta be referring to somewhere deep in Germany, right?

• Administrators

I really like this idea Tac! So perhaps the NDU and Verruckt happened at almost the same time? Two groups were sent to Verruckt to rescue Tank and the other secret agent (Peter). But during the flight one of the two planes experienced signicant turbulance and went down, crashing right near the NDU building.

Honestly, I really like this idea. Would explain how a bunch of Marines ended up randomly in some abandoned building in Germany. I think we can assume it's Germany somewhere since it's nazi soldiers and the description says "you pushed them into the heart of the reich". That's gotta be referring to somewhere deep in Germany, right?

Most likely... Here's the thing. One group led by Tank Dempsey was sent to extract Peter. He was captured. Another was sent for something else. If you read the 115 summary in the terminal, it says it causes inherent electrical damage. So basically they had 115 on the plane and it caused them to crash. They landed in an abandoned field and the 115 raised the dead. Now, to figure out where they got the 115

NDU was originaly made as a fun bonus mode without any story.

That is why are there Nazi Zombies!They did not know how far will this mode go!!!

• 1 month later...

I don't think the group was sent to rescue Tank. He would have been captured in Verruckt, and the experiments on him (along with Takeo and Nikolai, for that matter) done on a mobile 935 command center.

Based on the timeline that I've constructed, the creation of the zombie army didn't take place until Nazi interference with 935, and Richtofen did not begin DG-2 development until that time. The DG-2 was developed at the same time as the teleporter technology was being perfected, and Richtofen had done his teleportation to the moon and began construction of Griffin Station. The radios at Call of the Dead show that they were located in that ship attempting to collect the Golden Rod for Richtofen's Grand Scheme, with the other heros still in stasis.

I believe they were headed to Shi no Numa.

• Administrators

I don't think the group was sent to rescue Tank. He would have been captured in Verruckt, and the experiments on him (along with Takeo and Nikolai, for that matter) done on a mobile 935 command center.

Based on the timeline that I've constructed, the creation of the zombie army didn't take place until Nazi interference with 935, and Richtofen did not begin DG-2 development until that time. The DG-2 was developed at the same time as the teleporter technology was being perfected, and Richtofen had done his teleportation to the moon and began construction of Griffin Station. The radios at Call of the Dead show that they were located in that ship attempting to collect the Golden Rod for Richtofen's Grand Scheme, with the other heros still in stasis.

I believe they were headed to Shi no Numa.

I can personally guarantee you they were though!

As for the DG-2, it was made until 1943, after Ed was done with Griffin Station. IMO, the radios don't show that they were on the ship, I believe that they were in Der Riese, but I can't be certain. Just my opinion. But the others were going to extract Richtofen to America, that's why he's not in the SNN trailer and the other 3 show up and say "This is the place, get on your gear."

I won't question your timeline (I haven't seen the trailers, I got into WaW long after the final map pack was released), but I very much believe the radios from Call of the Dead are from Call of the Dead, not Der Reise. There is no other map with transported radios, as far as I know, and since many of them aren't even on the ship (as well as supply caches outside the ship) I do not think they arrived from a simple shipwreck.

Call of the Dead would also have its own teleportation facility, hence the ability to teleport out once the Golden Rod was acquired. I do not think Griffin Station is the only 935 facility developed by Richtofen, with or without Maxis's knowledge. I believe Call of the Dead was one such facility, but there are probably others which will be featured in future Zombie maps as well.

• Administrators

Well as we know, radios can be on a map that aren't from where they originate. Shi No Numa is a great example, there is a radio of people in Kino and Verruckt. So I don't think that it's impossible that he was actually in Der Riese, especially since Maxis was there too. And Richtofen even says, I'm so glad we landed here as not to jog their memory.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i think that two extraction teams were sent to verruct. one was the team lead by tank the other was hit by a 115 meteor and crashed. the meteor created zombies that attacked the crash survivers. tanks team got there but only found zombies and at some point the nazis came back to verruct and captured the only person they saw which was tank. so in my theory it makes pefect sense that natch der untoten takes place in gremany at the same time as verruct. and for SNN i have no idea where that might be my guess is japan tho and thats why rictofen has the line on kino "they must have got this from japan" when you find the first meteor piece.

• Administrators

Yeah I think that NDU is after Verruckt and they are separate people, but that's just me. As for the locations, I don't really believe these anymore, I have new ideas based off in-game evidence that proves the exact location of SNN.

NDU was originaly made as a fun bonus mode without any story.

That is why are there Nazi Zombies!They did not know how far will this mode go!!!

:facepalm: No offense, but every map somehow ties into the storyline, one way or another.