How much time each round takes?

Introduction

Hi everyone who loves zombie mode!

I love the zombie mode too. One day, I thought that I want to know a tactics for going smoothly to the higher round at zombie mode when I was playing it. So at first, I investigated time taking for each round and the number of zombies as the basic information. I would like to report it here. I’m glad if you are interested in it.

Results and discussion

I investigated about 2 maps as samples.

Figure 1 shows time for each round until an only one zombie from a round start.

Map Shangri-la with 2 persons, my friend and me

Round 1R to 50R

Total time about 7 hours and 30 minutes

Average time for one round 8 minutes and 56 seconds

Tactics This map was advanced using normal weapons which are MPL and AK74u until 20R. From 21R to 30R, each zombie that 2 persons have was killed by flopper at the area with AK74u and the Fractalizer at the area with MPL. After 31R, the aggregated zombies were annihilated using the Fractalizer. My friend and I were at the place with AK74u and with MPL, respectively.

Comments I noticed that the zombie monkeys hardly work from near 15R. How was this situation in your case?

Figure 2 also shows time for each round until an only one zombie from a round start.

Map Call of the dead with 2 persons, my friend and me

Round 1R to 54R

Total time about 8 hours

Average time for one round 8 minutes and 43 seconds

Tactics This map was advanced using normal weapons which are MP5K and AK74u until 25R. From 26R to 33R, zombies were annihilated by Hyena Infra-dead. After 34R, Hyena Infra-dead and V-R11 Lazarus were used to annihilate zombies. The place was a front of the lighthouse.

Comments I noticed that some items appear from zombies annihilated using Hyena Infra-dead under very low probability. I also experienced some misfires of Hyena Infra-dead and Mustang&Sally. I don’t know if those are bugs.

For Fig. 1 and Fig. 2, each convex part means reviving and using mystery box to obtain the special weapons while we kill zombies.

Figure 3 is the data with which Fig. 1 and Fig. 2 were aligned. Both the zombie’s health and the number of zombies have a nonlinear increase with the increase in the round. I think that the nonlinear trend of Fig. 3 is mainly reflected to the number of zombies with the increase in round rather than the zombie’s health because the special weapons are used to annihilate zombies. The number of zombies that I calculated will be submitted on this forum soon by Duckcall00. Accuracy of the number was exemplified by this investigation. Figure 3 also says that the time taking for each round doesn’t depend on the map. The reason may be because the zombie’s health and the number of zombies have no change for each map.

Figure 4 shows time for killing one zombie by 2 persons. This was made using data of Fig. 1 and Fig. 2. This figure has 2 data which were actually measured and 1 datum which was calculated by a formula of a polynomial approximation obtained from some actual data. The formula is in good agreement with the 2 actual data. It is found that the velocity to kill zombies becomes fast with the increase in round. Although the number of zombies increases for round, as you know, the velocity becomes fast. I think that this may be because the appearance velocity of zombies becomes fast for round.

Summary

I investigated how much time each round takes. It was found that the time taking for each round doesn’t depend on the map when the special weapons were used. The nonlinear trend is reflected to a ratio of increase for the number of zombies with the increase in round. At this time, the average time for one round is almost the same between 2 maps. Using this data, a velocity to kill one zombie for each round was also investigated. It was found that the velocity becomes fast with the increase in the round. This may be related to the appearance velocity of zombies. I would like to think a tactics of each map for going smoothly to higher round using these results.

I want to measure the map with some traps and the hellhounds in the future.

I realize that my English skill is poor. I apologize when it is difficult for you to understand my report. But if this report is useful only a little for you, I’m happy.

Figure 5 shows time for each round until an only one zombie from a round start. I could measure it of the map with Hellhound and traps for the first time.

Map Shi no numa with 2 persons, my friend and me

Round 1R to 51R

Total time about 7 hours and 30 minutes

Average time for one round 9 minutes

Tactics This map was advanced using normal weapons which are Thompson until 20R. After 21R, aggregated zombies were killed using a log trap. My friend and I were at the entrance of place with MP40 and with StG-44, respectively.

Comments The round with Hellhound is finished in about 1 minute. Time for repairing the log trap affects the round time. Although I had a monkey bomb, I didn't use it at all. I thought that it is very easy to revive in this map.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work, that's interesting analyzation. I definitely agree with the fact that the "time per zombie kill" does decrease as round increases because there are more zombies available and they are coming at you more quickly on average than early rounds. That figure would eventually start going back up in very high rounds, except on maps where the thunder gun would be used.

evilmonkey1216: Thanks!

birdman22: Thank you for your comments. I have always felt that the appearance velocity of zombies may become faster for round, but it was only inference. I could confirm actually it by this investigation and your agreement. Thanks!

I made something like this a while ago for Ascension solo. Basically, I was just interested in how much time you save by monkey [dog]c rounds; but as well how much time you waste by box hits / lander work [basic crawler leaving for whatever]

Tactics: "Speed Run Mode", meaning AK for the first few rounds until 15, and then thunder / gersh only. Well I know this has no style, but the target was indeed to go as fast as possible. It was indeed really quick, it took me only 2h 8min to finish Round 50, which surprised me quite a lot.

Here is the diagram:

Analysis: Monkey Rounds take pretty constantly about 1min to 1min 20s and are a huge time saver. The Map Work (Landers, Power) as well box hits take on the opposite site time like hell (Rounds 6, 9, 10, 14). Round 14 which was gersh/thunder hunting took me the same time like round 42, which is pretty impressive.

Thats why I hate this crawler leaving in general in Multiplayer... Like in every round someone needs something :oops:

Tom852: Thank you for your comments and your data. I'm surpriging for the time with solo too. It's very efficient. I have just thought that I wanted to investigate some maps with dogs and traps. So your data is great I think.

Sigint: I'm honored for your comments. Thanks alot!

once again nice work guys! I played solo Ascension last night to about round 51 and it took me around 4 hours total... i was doing quite a deal of point whoring in the beginning however so I wasnt really going for any speed records lol. i'm with you as well Tom852 about the leaving of the crawler every.... single.... round..... in multiplayer... takes sooooo long. especially when i'm using just a wall gun until at least 18-20

Superhands: Thank you! I'm glad for your comments.

birdman22: I'm interested that speed to advance round is changed by each strategy. I use a wall gun until about 20R too. Many points make me relieve. But the speed is slow. I want to consider high efficiency strategies.

Constructive criticism inbound!

This is very interesting. I like how you used a different chart for each map. But I think each map needs more trials with different play styles. Go on youtube and add people like Syndicate and Yoteslaya to your charts. And there are people right hear on CoDZ that record their gameplay. You can use them as trials too. Swask and Way2g00 are a few examples of great players who record themselves getting to high rounds. With more trials we will begin to see a more consistent pattern.

Massive Brains to you! [brains] [brains] [brains]

Duckcall00: Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you are interested in this report.

I agree with your comments. It is necessary for my data to add more data. For example, those are different play styles and people as you say. The data using at my report have to be taken under playing with players with other styles. So I would like to take such data by making more friends in the future. My report will be grown by more data.

Thank you.

Wow! Love the information! Are you going to be doing one for every map or just these? I would love to see Shi No Numa and Moon, as well as the rest. Somehow I think Moon would take very long, or the average time atleast considering:

- time spent hacking

- whether you do the easter egg

- time spent in Area 51

- the respawning of zombies after arriving in the Receiving End after teleporting back from Area 51 each time

- Gersch/Wave Gun/Mystery Box hits.

Also, I love your profile pic!

Wow! Love the information! Are you going to be doing one for every map or just these? I would love to see Shi No Numa and Moon, as well as the rest. Somehow I think Moon would take very long, or the average time atleast considering:

- time spent hacking

- whether you do the easter egg

- time spent in Area 51

- the respawning of zombies after arriving in the Receiving End after teleporting back from Area 51 each time

- Gersch/Wave Gun/Mystery Box hits.

Also, I love your profile pic!

I would be interested in the exact numbers too, because it feels like the easter egg takes you 1-2 hours. Or if one dies and you have to teleport twice, meaning also twice running thru the whole map again (receiving area to dome), argh, at least 5min lost.

All I can tell you at this point is that I remembered it took me and my friend 5 or 6 hours to reach 40 in our last game with easter egg.

Rissole25: Thank you for your comments. I want to know such information for each map although much time is necessary for it. About Shi no numa, I have just thought that I would play it because the map has dogs and traps. About Moon, the map sold in Japan has a lot of bugs now. We are troubled by it. So I'll get the information related to time per round when the bugs are removed.

Tom852: The time for taking easter egg is useful information. Also I think that much time is necessary to get easter egg although getting it is good to play the map.

Measured again, but this time, differently. I think this is the one that tells most, because I guess it is freakin realistic.

Test environment:

Moon, 3ppl

1 pro, 1 well skilled, 1 medium.

No special hurrying or something.

Easter egg not done, digger 6 never went off.

Died at 27, 27 is not counted in the stats.

Gun setup: Nothing special, as usual going for nice guns, 2 rays were in, zap was in, upgraded LMG's were in.

Due to some complete downs, some rounds were done by one or two players only.

2 teles in 9/10 for jug, beyond 15 tele every round due to downs & pap; except round end by accident (which you see as 0 crawler time).

I guess this is how you can imagine a random game. Always a crawler, because one guy always has something... Needs to hit the box, pap, buy jug, pee, whatever. Something is always up... As well sometimes one passes completely out and so on. And that is why I think this table is quite convincing.

Measurements:

Fight time: Time from round start till only crawlers were left.

Crawler Time: Time where you have a crawler or a single zombie for things like tele, box and so on.

Round 24 has a too long fight time due to a mid round teleport, which was also counted as Fight time.

Roudn 26 has a too long fight time due to the fact only one player was alive and had no ammo and was PHD'ing from midround.

Overall result:

Game Time till 27 total: 143minutes

Fighting Time till 27 total: 94minutes (66%)

Crawler Time till 27 total: 49minutes (34%)

Observations:

It has been shown that one fast tele without hitting box or so costs you about two minutes, including gathering people up and run back to dome.

I am really surprised. I expected rather something like 50%/50%. But still thinking about the fact, that within 2.5 hours of gameplay, 1 hour was pimping around. It is so much time you loose.

I am really surprised. I expected rather something like 50%/50%. But still thinking about the fact, that within 2.5 hours of gameplay, 1 hour was pimping around. It is so much time you loose.

Kino is my go to map for just pure fun due to this. COTD, Shang and Moon require so much fannying around between rounds that they can become laborious. Kino, the only possible thing to do between rounds is hit the box. Generally playing with friends for fun we are going to be hitting it during rounds to make them more interesting. People can recover mid round, get Juggs and PAP....on their little ownsome (I like this word)!

Tom852:

Thank you for your data of MOON. Many Japanese people cannnot smoothly play MOON map with Japanese PS3 version now because of a lot of bugs. So I have never been able to measure data of it.

For your chart, I think the fight time with 3 persons is short. So crawler time is not so long for the fight time in the MOON map when it thinks of tel, pap and so on.

And then the fight time looks like reflecting number of zombies. It seems a nonlinear trend. I think this means the fight with high efficiency even though there is teleporter. When a lot of bugs in MOON map are removed, I want to try to measure too.

• 3 weeks later...

and another new one:

I was not pimping around, just needed a while to get stuff done in the outstanding rounds. Hitting Box, hacking excavators, teleporting, take care of red guy...

It's amazing: For 50 in Ascension, I needed 2 hours, and here in Moon 4 hours.

Amazing is, that the zombies spawn super delayed in the dome. Even when you think you have a max train, you might have something between 15-22 zombies. But that is not the reason everything takes so much longer. I think it's cause you have to wait so long, till you even have those 20 zombies together in the dome.

When you have a look at Rounds 31 and 32, which were done in the Tunnel 11, they are a lot faster. Similar to my Ascension Table.

Dome is safe like hell, but slow like hell. Guess that's a nice to know. Although actually everybody already noticed that in a Coop, you get 0 zombies in the dome when someone is somewhere else... Even in solo it sucks bad ass. Something is just wrong with the spawning there. But I didn't get the impression, that in a 2ppl, both in dome, the zombies spawn delayed. Pretty interesting. Have to analyze this closer in the next 2ppl.

Aborted my high round attempt at 48, cause, sorry, there is no point in it. The unlimited ammo is cool, but if it anyway takes twice as long as in Ascension... no thx.

Thank you for your great information in solo play. I'm interested in your data. Using narrow space like Tunnel 11 leads to high efficiency. I can understand it. But was it difficult to use there?

Now I'm trying to measure the time per round in Verruckt with 2 persons. I'll report it when I get.

• 4 months later...

Tried to go for the ultimate speedrun in Ascension. Round 50 finished in 1h43min. I guess I'm gonna upload a full gameplay video :o

Here is the Pic:

Although everything was done midround, we still have those delays by all the lander work in 17 and 21. Also Round 7 shows clearly, that Power Activation, or more precise the running to and back from power causes a delay. Same for Round 43, where I run from spawn to pap and back, suddenly +1min30s just for one pap.

But the graphics also show well, that you can safe a significant amount of time by raging with your ammo and gershes. 34 was no monkey, but I got an ammo just at the beginning of the round and wasted all my 3 gershes, and killed already 10-15 groups, instead of waiting for 20+ groups. (Was expecting 35 to be the monkey round). The same effect after the pap in 44. Since I knew I have more than enough ammo, i wasted it and got 20s-30s faster than 42 and 41.