Very useful find on Moon/NML

Superhands

Hey guys, found out something very interesting, dunno if anyone else also knows about this but it can be incorporated into your early-rounds strategy on Moon.

So I started a solo game in my usual fashion, using the high-kills strategy on No Man's Land and starting round 1 on Moon with Jugg, M&S and over 10k. End of round 1 I left one zombie, got all the doors open, power on and Bowie Knife. At the start of Round 3, Excavator Epsilon goes off so I jump in the teleporter before the zombies start coming in.

Here's the interesting part. I start knifing some zombies in No man's land with the Bowie Knife - turns out that they have the same health as the zombies of whatever round you're on. Everyone knows that they get 1 round stronger with each siren, so 7 sirens went by before they started taking 2 knifes to kill. So I was running round for about 3 or 4 minutes just knifing all of the zombies, by the time I returned to the Moon I had well over 20k in points. Very nice amount of points for round 3 I think you'll agree!

I went back down on round 5 just to test this out, and they were 1 hit kills again until the 5th siren.

I guess the first Excavator of the game is a gift rather than a curse...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back down on round 5 just to test this out, and they were 1 hit kills again until the 5th siren.

This means they are the same health as what round you are on and at round 10(Round 5 + 5 sirens) they are 2 hit kills as expected.

How does this have anything to do with excavators? I thought this was regardless..

Thanks and good find.

This means they are the same health as what round you are on and at round 10(Round 5 + 5 sirens) they are 2 hit kills as expected.

That's right, exactly what I was getting at but you explained it more fully :lol:

How does this have anything to do with excavators? I thought this was regardless..

It is of course regardless of whether an Excavator is about to breach or not. My point was; an Excavator will always go off 1-2 rounds after the power is turned on, and if you manage to get the Bowie Knife and open the doors to teleport to NML so you can teleport back and hack the Excavator, you can use it as an opportunity to make some serious points.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but 10 k by round one isnt that respectable. ill post a couple pics and vids of my 180 round struggle to the end. 50k on round one (even tho i got a couple guns and upgraded them stayed on no mans land and got 60k. wehnt back to the moon and made a nother 20k. got bored and ran into the escavator.) :P:P [brains] :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :| :mrgreen: [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] :mrgreen::mrgreen: :ugeek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

sorry but 10 k by round one isnt that respectable. ill post a couple pics and vids of my 180 round struggle to the end. 50k on round one (even tho i got a couple guns and upgraded them stayed on no mans land and got 60k. wehnt back to the moon and made a nother 20k. got bored and ran into the escavator.) :P:P [brains] :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :| :mrgreen: [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] :mrgreen::mrgreen: :ugeek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

it isn't a competition dood, o.O he's just sharing useful some info he found :|

I never usually buy the Bowie Knife on Moon(I don't even know where it is. Is it in the Biodome? XD). Now that I know of this I'll be sure to try this out when my PS3 gets fixed in 2 weeks max.

lol oops i gave u a thumbs up when i meant to quote xD

anyways its in the labs,when you open begin to open the second door in the labs to go to the biodome/aku room look at the stairs and like jump towards the ceiling off the staircase and u should see the chalk outline

hard to explain right now b/c of school and such

Nice!

I did this the other day but spent round one in the biodome with the bowie, twas much fun :mrgreen: .

Having Juggs, PHD, M&S, Claymores and the bowie by round one was epic (for me lol)

[brains]to you Superhands

(Oh and the bowie is in the labs - you can obtain it at any point in the game whether there's oxygen or not, just pull out a light weapon and get the jump right)

sorry but 10 k by round one isnt that respectable. ill post a couple pics and vids of my 180 round struggle to the end. 50k on round one (even tho i got a couple guns and upgraded them stayed on no mans land and got 60k. wehnt back to the moon and made a nother 20k. got bored and ran into the escavator.)

So you basically made those points by going back and forth from Moon to No Man's Land? Fair enough if that's your method, but consider I made those points without even leaving No Man's Land and just using the bare minimum of a knife, pistol and grenades, and the 10k+ was made after spending 5000 on PaP'ing the M1911 and 2500 on Juggernog, which of course on No man's Land is a respectable feat in itself ;)

Appreciate the [brains] Onesiphorus ;)

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLL

Lets look at one of your other posts:

ill reply :) lol. but yeah dont know exactly my rounds atm but on no mans land 78 kills and 19 rounds solo. hit me up we can play soon. on ps3 and facebook. names the same as my username on CoDz.

If your highest kill count on NML is 78 kills, then you have no room at all to dictate to Superhands what is a respectable Round 1 score. By the looks of your score, you've never even survived long enough to exhausted your M&S rounds by the start of round 1.

And I'm calling shinanigans on 180 rounds, if a few days earlier your max was round 19. That's such utter BS. The solo world record on Moon is round 115 by Swask2. You ain't got to lie to kick it kid

Superhands - 254 Kills

MixMasterNut - 261 Kills

Damn im close to catching you guys up - got 202 last night :P

Congrats! Welcome to the 200+ club.

Now that you know what to do, you just need to tighten up your game a little bit to take it to the next level. From here it's all about learning how to get your M&S just a little faster, taking a few more calculated risk to kill a few zombies faster, and using your M&S ammo up efficiently.

Just 2 more kills on my NML game yesterday and I would have been joining the 300s club. Painful...

Well my reign as the CoDz NML champ was short... :lol:

But seriously, CONGRATS man! That's such an EPIC zombie feat. Absolutely amazing.

So I'm guessing you are running the back swamp strategy? Any tips of how to transition from the teleporter pad strategy over to back swamp?

:lol: thanks man, I pretty much moved from the tele pad to the side-drop strategy, then once I got good at that I moved on to the far pool strategy. Must admit I had a few red-screen moments on my way to 298 :lol:

Congrats man! It's impossible to not have red screen moments running the back swamp and trying to kill quickly!