Mythos Giant, the Unlikely Easter Egg

liltaz23

We have all played Der Riese. If you're like me, you've played it a good 3 million times. But what you probably haven't heard very much is the Mythos Giant Easter Egg.

WHAT IS THE "MYTHOS GIANT?"

Have you ever heard of Cthulu? In most literature about him, he is referred to as the Mythos Giant, or the "Giant of Myth," as a reference to common English. It's known that the Illuminati was involved with 935, so it is quite possible that they were trying to bring Cthulu across dimensions to help them rule by force.

WHAT IS IT?

A very good question my friends. Its a bit of coding from Der Riese, that occurs on both W@W and BO, which pretty much states that rarely, a very very important character quote will play between rounds 1-5. For some reason, the coding calls it Mythos Giant, while the dialogue says nothing about Cthulu or the Mythos Giant.

HOW DO YOU TRIGGER IT?

You don't. The best way to get it to happen is to pretty much be a dedicated player.

SIGNIFICANT?

Yes. Very. Every single Mythos Giant quote has a large reference to the storyline, such as Dempsey stating his confusion about the Wunderwaffe and the Die Glocke Experiments.

GLITCHES WITH IT?

-When playing solo on Black Ops, it's possible for one of Dempsey's quotes to play regardless of what character you are.

-This could also contribute to the odd Mystery Box skins that occur randomly on W@W.

QUOTES BY CHARACTERS:

Dempsey:

"Maybe this is where they built that WunderWaffle Thingy"

"Element 115, WunderWaffles, Die Glocke, Ah, F*** it lets just kill some freakbags."

"I think Richtofen knows more about whats going on than he seems."

"I wonder who that Dr. Maxis is that I keep hearing about."

Nikolai

"What the hell are you doing here you creepy f***s?"

"You see Richtofen, you're losing the war because you invest in this nonsense instead of gunpowder and vodka. That is why we beat you."

"Hey. I think this is where that WunderWaffe thing comes from."

"I think the Germans have a master plan. This is f***ing crazy."

Takeo

"This place holds secrets"

"Where evil begins, evil continues."

"There are answers here."

"The way of darkness, always brings great price."

"Shadow begins, darkness follows."

Richtofen

COMING SOON...

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

CJDog23, For ripping the files and putting them on Youtube.

Anti Earth, for indirectly pointing me in the direction of studying and experimenting with this.

CarbonFibah, for creating the best site on the web.

EDIT- Added in Quotes

EDIT 2- Adding some history and details.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all played Der Riese. If you're like me, you've played it a good 3 million times. But what you probably haven't heard very much is the Mythos Giant Easter Egg.

WHAT IS IT?

A very good question my friends. Its a bit of coding from Der Riese, that occurs on both W@W and BO, which pretty much states that rarely, a very very important character quote will play between rounds 1-5.

HOW DO YOU TRIGGER IT?

You don't. The best way to get it to happen is to pretty much be a dedicated player.

SIGNIFICANT?

Yes. Very. Every single Mythos Giant quote has a large reference to the storyline, such as Dempsey stating his confusion about the Wunderwaffe and the Die Glocke Experiments.

GLITCHES WITH IT?

-When playing solo on Black Ops, it's possible for one of Dempsey's quotes to play regardless of what character you are.

-This could also contribute to the odd Mystery Box skins that occur randomly on W@W.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Anti Earth, for indirectly pointing me in the direction of studying and experimenting with this.

CarbonFibah, for creating the best site on the web.

as good as this post is i dont think itll help us in der riese. but hey if you can post ALL the quotes from W@W and BO and we can look at them then maybe we can decypher some sort of EE in der riese. im game if you are

I'm in. Truthfully, I'm just looking for leads at this point, and the quotes could be an excellent lead.

well one thing ive noticed is most of the evidence on here is VISUAL and historical. nobody has really looked at the quotes. i mean im not gonna lie ihavent either but i have noticed them. i totally agree with ur quote theroy. u got xbox? my gamertag is in my sig

While Treyarch HAS hinted that we may be missing a few things behind Der Riese, they have also stated that the easter eggs were not entered in until Ascension. Otherwise, I don't believe we have any PC coding to support the idea of a "new" easter egg. You are open to try though.

I wouldnt mind playing added you a while ago liltaz and ill add u tomorrow demesphor

alright guys im partying wednesday night till friday morning and my band is playing as part of our tour so i wont be able to get on. but when i do and we can all get on at the sametime im so game for finding stuff. im pumped this is what the community is about!

I was looking through some more of the audio files, and found a file named rare_response_maxis_00, which, when played was Richtofen laughing, and had nothing to do with Maxis at all, probably related to his attempted murder of Ludvig and Samantha. My computer also plays the Dempsey lines for Richtofen's Mythos Giant file, so I could use some help with his. Thanks.

Yours Truly,

DownbeatAura