Tips for running the stamin up train?

Hey, so when I'm playing with randoms, I like to let the less experienced players take the flopper train as that is very, very easy. I just got finished playing a game with randoms with me running the Stamin Up train. I only went down once—when we died on 19, but anyways, I really enjoyed that train. It was actually extremely fun, and I really loved trying out something besides the same old Flopper train. I really want to get better at it, so does anyone have any tips as to how one can successfully run that train? Part of it, I know, is figuring out how the zombies spawn, but besides that, does anyone have any good advice for that train? I had an ak74u for points, raygun, PaP'd crossbow with jug, flopper, revive, and mule kick, but is there another gun/perk that could go well with this train? Thanks! God, this train is so fun!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly kudos to you my friend,

Thats a challenging area to run a train, and thats why i love it too.

The way i do it,

Try and keep out the water obvs, and loop round in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction, once they've all stopped spawning get them as close and tight together as possible. Now run between the broken generator and the window turn and unload, jump over the water and shoot them whilst they've slowed slightly, rinse and repeat. When you run outa ammo the way descirbed above means you can buy it no probs,

There's also a nice little loop by the stamin-up lander, here you can use flopper off the lander ramp if you want to too.

The only thing i hate about this area, how far away you are from everyone else,

But if you're playing with randoms - thats where i'd be too :mrgreen:

Yeah I also regularly run the Stamin-up loop in later rounds when ammo is getting tight, so I can use the AK.

The only problem in this area is the tight squeeze between the generator thingy and the window, as it tends to get blocked a lot. If you get blocked off there just do a cut-back (turn back round and run round the zombies to go the other way). Then if you get blocked at the puddle, do another cut-back.

I'd also say always jump over the puddle and shoot at the zombies as they walk though it.

• 2 years later...

Firstly kudos to you my friend,

Thats a challenging area to run a train, and thats why i love it too.

The way i do it,

Try and keep out the water obvs, and loop round in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction, once they've all stopped spawning get them as close and tight together as possible. Now run between the broken generator and the window turn and unload, jump over the water and shoot them whilst they've slowed slightly, rinse and repeat. When you run outa ammo the way descirbed above means you can buy it no probs,

There's also a nice little loop by the stamin-up lander, here you can use flopper off the lander ramp if you want to too.

The only thing i hate about this area, how far away you are from everyone else,

But if you're playing with randoms - thats where i'd be too :mrgreen:

I love this one too when I want good spacing from other players.

One tip if you panic a bit is to run out towards the spawn area aka the room where you first start the game. You can activate the fire trap on your way there. If you feel like practicing a bit of fancy footwork you could also funnel them through the curving trench-like tunnel thing, letting them hug the wall as you run right back past them into stamin-up hehe.

If that doesnt work for you, you can drawn them towards the centrifuge door (spawn area) and flopper down the stairs on each side.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Nomorehats

I've actually started using the spawn lander area and found it to be pretty easy. There's a lot of space by that lander and nothing spawns in that corner which leaves you open to only the spawns in that room and any coming from the MPL room. 

Most of your route won't bring you within harm of the centrifuge, but when the hordes get larger it just might, however, if you notice the centrifuge coming on as your looping that way, a simple crouch/prone will save you.

Yeah, can't beat a free trap, plus there's tons of room to escape. 

Only issue with this area is that nearby weapons aren't that great. MPL is really the only viable one for any high rounds.