No Man's Land frustrations

Chopper

Hey Guys, I've noticed a couple of things in No Man's Land which are pretty irritating and was wondering if you had experienced them.

Lag - from a really good first grenade that leaves like 5 crawlers or so always gives me massive lag, frame rate issues, it kills most times if I try and get rid of the crawlers straight away.

Health - after being hit once you need your screen to go clear and then around 1 second before you can safely get hit 1 more time. Like most people from playing hours and hours and hours of zombies I know how long this is, especially from spending a lot of time knifing without Jugg. In No Man's Land it seems that you need longer to clear your screen, especially with dogs. What feels like around a second and a half after screen clears, 1 hit can still down me.

Anyone had these things happen?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lag - from a really good first grenade that leaves like 5 crawlers or so always gives me massive lag, frame rate issues, it kills most times if I try and get rid of the crawlers straight away.

If you get a massive amount of lag after throwing your first nade, then congrats! That means you're doing it right! With all those zombies getting killed, particles and body parts blowing up everywhere, points scored, and respawning in at a new location. That's just a lot of stuff going on at once for your console's processor to handle. And IMO, this is the sketchiest part of the whole strategy of going for high kills.

Health - after being hit once you need your screen to go clear and then around 1 second before you can safely get hit 1 more time. Like most people from playing hours and hours and hours of zombies I know how long this is, especially from spending a lot of time knifing without Jugg. In No Man's Land it seems that you need longer to clear your screen, especially with dogs. What feels like around a second and a half after screen clears, 1 hit can still down me.

Honestly I'm guessing this is a destorted perception of time. In No Man's Land, it's just balls to the wall every moment, and every small movement matters. Things are happening so fast, that your mind tries to catch up with the speed of which the game is throwing things at you. You are thinking and reacting at an accelerated rate in comparison to normal zombies games. So I think you are just you reacting faster than you normally would because you are playing the game at a much faster pace than normal.

Yes, this has definitely happened to me, but not the lag part, because I never do online zombies.

But I do notice that in No Mans Land after you screen is still clear you can get downed and that you should wait and extra 2 seconds or so. Maybe this is caused by the sound that makes them start running?! Maybe they get a little bit stronger causing the swipes to take longer to heal.

- Baz

Yes, this has definitely happened to me, but not the lag part, because I never do online zombies.

It can still lag even if you're not online. With all the body parts, blood, etc, flying around right in front of you, most likely covering the majority of the screen, it's gonna lag. It was really noticeable on Halo 1 if you kept melee'ing a grunts body so the blood keep on appearing.

I like the lag when I throw a grenade, It's like a thumbs up, I haven't had any problems with health but Sometimes when I try to knife a zombie that's at the front of the train I warp into the middle of the pack Commando style and instantly get killed, That happened to me today I was 500 points away from PaPing and I would have gotten pretty high on the leaderboards so I was pretty saddened about that.

Some other frustrating things is when you try to start your circles, and the entrance you have to run past literally has 15+ zombies come out at once instead of the 4 or 5 at a time. Like they don't even give you a chance from the start.

Another frustrating thing is when they only spawn 4 or 5 zombies in the water puddles and you only get around 1200 before starting your circles. If you're going for Mustang and Sally's, you pretty much gotta restart if that happens. :evil:

After posting this last night I realised something else.

Luck really does play the most part in having a good start. I found that if you stand in the big pool to start with more zombies tend to spawn in the pools. I never used to as I'm green brown colour blind and can't always tell the difference between speed and juggs so normally have to walk up the way up and take a look at the machine. I've learnt somehow to realise that I can be almost certain when it's jugg as it looks darker to me. It won't make sense to anyone who isn't colour blind but basically if it's speedy I'm not sure, if it's Juggs I'm normally pretty sure.

Randomly spawning bad zombies are my biggest issue, even with the lag I can control enough to move forward and stab crawlers but then 2 dogs will spawn up my arse and butt fuck me.