My beef with No Man's Land!

strange-bow7

Yeah thats right, I got beef with a map!!!

Lol Jks...

I'm kind of disappointed with the inclusion of Area 51 on the Moon map.

That's not to say I don't like the map though, in fact it's one of my favorites and I've been playing the hell out of it since it dropped on the Xbox Live Marketplace, it's just I can't help but feel a little let down whenever I find myself slaying the undead at No Man's Land - Here's why:

You see, I'm actually pretty fond of the gameplay mechanic that was introduced along with Area 51; Having part of the map an area with no round counter and a never ending supply of zombies is a cool feature in itself, one that should have been introduced a long time back, the inclusion of Perk machines and the PAP machine only makes it cooler, especially when there is a chance to obtain them before round one has even started. That isn't my problem. What my problem is, is that after following these forums (and all others similar) since W@W people have been crying out for a map set in Area 51, with similar requests for a map set on the Moon as well and for a team renowned for taking inspiration from the community, Treyarch must have been aware of these requests. So when it comes down to creating this 'season' of Zombies' Grand Finale they give us Area 51 AND Moon together!!!!! Cool, right?

Wrong!

If Area 51 was going to be in Zombies then it should have been it's own separate map.

The way that the storyline unfolded this time around it seems as though the potential for a map set in Area 51 would have been sky high. Imagine all of the little secrets they could have crammed in there, loads of pop culture references, some crazy new gadgets and weapons, a chance to explore probably the most top-secret Military base on the planet and probably an epically elaborate easter egg with some crazy steps and reward. Instead they give us a few square meters to run around in?!

Now, like I said, I like the No man's land mechanic but it's clear that Area 51 was shown little attention when it came exploring the full potential of a Groom-Lake map. Area 51 should have been the last map in itself with the following map, on the next Treyarch Call of Duty, set on the Moon. However if Treyarch were dead set on having the Moon as the last map then they should have set No Man's Land in a different location, having a slightly modified section of a previous map would have been a good idea, like the starting room of Der Riese or something like that. I just don't think that Area 51 should have been included if Treyarch weren't willing to actually build a full map out of it and I hope we get to go back in the future to explore it fully.

I don't know what you guys think about this, which is partly the reason why I posted, but after years of salivating over the idea of an Area 51 map, I'm disappointed to say the least.

What about you lot? Do you think that the inclusion of Area 51 was a good move from Treyarch or not?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what your saying and your pretty much right. Area 51 has been demanded for a long time in the Zombies community. But when Treyarch thought of Moon it was legitly a"out of this world" idea. See what I did there? :lol: Treyarch couldent pass up going to the Moon and in my opinion it was a perfect way to end Zombies in Black Ops. Although I do not think this is the last time we will see Area 51 in Zombies.

I agree, I mean I LOVE the fact that you can effectively start round 1 with Juggernog and loads of points, but maybe they should have saved Area 51 for a proper map in the next game and used a different location instead.

But of course that's not to say they won't do an Area 51 map in the next game, No Man's Land could have been an appetiser of sorts ;)

I agree, I mean I LOVE the fact that you can effectively start round 1 with Juggernog and loads of points, but maybe they should have saved Area 51 for a proper map in the next game and used a different location instead.

But of course that's not to say they won't do an Area 51 map in the next game, No Man's Land could have been an appetiser of sorts ;)

The second part of this.

I wouldn't throw out the idea that Area 51 could still be the location of a future zombie map. I could see them adding in Area 51 in Moon just to suffice the fans through Black Ops, but save the Area 51 map in it's entirety for the next Treyarch CoD.

I think that Area 51 should have been the main map and the moon was the No Man's Land.

HalfSwiss, this is actually quite a cool idea.

Treyarch should have redesigned the area that holds the Pyramid and used this as 'No Man's Land'. Fighting and endless tide of undead zombies outside of the Pyramid structure while floating around in zero g would have been epic!!

XD

I think that Area 51 should have been the main map and the moon was the No Man's Land.

HalfSwiss, this is actually quite a cool idea.

Treyarch should have redesigned the area that holds the Pyramid and used this as 'No Man's Land'. Fighting and endless tide of undead zombies outside of the Pyramid structure while floating around in zero g would have been epic!!

XD

Haha :lol: that sounds sweet. But then there would just be some thread about how we couldn't play a full Moon level knowing us.