does Five suck

amazing1pj

I don't hate FIVE at all. My only major issue is that there's only two traps, both placed in the worst possible place, and the Winter's Fury; it sucks balls.

With the lack of a decent Wonder Weapon, it makes FIVE much harder to play. Starts to take a whole magazine on certain stages and does nothing thereafter. This means that the only way to progress on the map is by either picking up Death Machines, whose usefulness deteriorates as levels go on unless you go for headshots, or by using traps. There are only two traps in the map, both require a trap piece to make it functional and both are placed in the most inconvenient area on the map. There are a lot of pathways that are too narrow, and little you can do to save yourself, with the exception of the Awful Lawton. Let's not forget that you have to come up with a solid strategy to defeat the Thief as time goes on, as his health will eventually be too high for M&S to do anything about it.

To sum up, you need to be skilled to be good at it. Saying it sucks for the sole reason being that it's hard doesn't really cut it, you just simply don't know how to play it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate FIVE at all. My only major issue is that there's only two traps, both placed in the worst possible place, and the Winter's Fury; it sucks balls.

With the lack of a decent Wonder Weapon, it makes FIVE much harder to play. Starts to take a whole magazine on certain stages and does nothing thereafter. This means that the only way to progress on the map is by either picking up Death Machines, whose usefulness deteriorates as levels go on unless you go for headshots, or by using traps. There are only two traps in the map, both require a trap piece to make it functional and both are placed in the most inconvenient area on the map. There are a lot of pathways that are too narrow, and little you can do to save yourself, with the exception of the Awful Lawton. Let's not forget that you have to come up with a solid strategy to defeat the Thief as time goes on, as his health will eventually be too high for M&S to do anything about it.

To sum up, you need to be skilled to be good at it. Saying it sucks for the sole reason being that it's hard doesn't really cut it, you just simply don't know how to play it.

I still love FIVE, but can't disagree with these negatives. Apart from the thief though - his health peters out at about round 30, you can still kill him pretty easily even at round 40 or 50.

Apart from the thief though - his health peters out at about round 30, you can still kill him pretty easily even at round 40 or 50.

Yeah, I misread the Thief's health chart. Thought it capped at something stupidly high, like 600000, but after Googling it I find it caps at 40000. My bad. :V