does Five suck

amazing1pj

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its way to big

FIVE is a small map in comparison to a lot of others. Okay so there's 3 floors, but they're all real small. There's only 3 rooms in the labs (lower floor) and the box will be in either one of them, if not there then in a really easy-to-find location on the middle or top floor. Just watch the screens next to the box and you'll find the box no problem.

I think the only people who say FIVE sucks just don't understand it. I used to think COTD sucked, but once I got used to George being around and how to deal with him I really started to like it.

I LOVE FIVE!

The first few times i played Five i HATED it. Know that ive played it a few more times and got used to the close quarters i think its a great map. Close quarters zombie killing in the pentagon, whats not to like. I hated call of the dead when that came out and now its my favorite map. I agree Five deserves a better Rep. I personally think its the hardest map of them all, but thats no reason to say it sucks.

I don't think it's the actually layout of Five that makes me dislike it... it's the lack of a solid weapon. Five is the only modern Zombies map that doesn't have a legit power weapon. Even Call of the Dead, where the Scavenger starts to suck past 34, you have the wunderwaffle almost at will. Five wouldn't be that hard if the Thundergun was on there...

I've been obsessing over that map for a month straight, trying to figure out every possible way to die and how to avoid it. The things I've learned on my record run might make you hate it less.

I'll make my strategy available to everyone once I'm done.

Right now I just hit round 78. Still shooting for 100.

I've been obsessing over that map for a month straight, trying to figure out every possible way to die and how to avoid it. The things I've learned on my record run might make you hate it less.

Please do post your strategy video when it's done.

The pentagon thief can be such a buzz-kill. And there's a few tight corners on this map that really make me dislike it as a whole.

Yet I'm always envious of those who do really well on this map. This map takes a ton of unique strategies to do good. I'm sure if I knew some of the nuances on mastering the loop on this map, and handling the pentagon thief every time he pops up, I'd enjoy it much more than I do now.

Well I know we had our disagreement but props to you for that, I've been to round 68 on FIVE and given up cuz it takes so damn long :lol: so I know how tedious it starts to get at round 40-50.

Please do post your strategy video when it's done.

The pentagon thief can be such a buzz-kill. And there's a few tight corners on this map that really make me dislike it as a whole.

Yet I'm always envious of those who do really well on this map. This map takes a ton of unique strategies to do good. I'm sure if I knew some of the nuances on mastering the loop on this map, and handling the pentagon thief every time he pops up, I'd enjoy it much more than I do now.

I posted my full detailed FIVE solo strategy about a month ago, includes everything from the best way to avoid the dangerous spots in the loop to dealing with the Pentagon Thief. Nothing works better than the Ray Gun & Winter's Howl! Could of course keep an M&S too, definately a viable option since the introduction of Mule Kick to all maps.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16961&p=153038#p153038

• 1 month later...

ok ok peoples i understand nobody likes five. but i tried it again because my friend wanted to try it because i know rite he never played it. but i dont blame him he did not rely ever like zombies because he likes normal player matches but my xbox live started to crash. so after i got rezurrection he started to play other maps like der reise and then led to other maps and finally five now he likes zombies. we played it like 5 times in a row until we got a good match. what i have to say about the map is it is pretty good not my favorite but better that verruct that is so hard. but i tried it so ya.

I loved "Five" from the start. It is very thrilling to play. It bothers me when people say that "Five" sucks because it's too hard or confusing. It's like any other map. Once you get to know it more, it gets simple. A lot of people say "Five" is hard because it isn't as easy as Kino or Moon.

I like "Five" because it is challenging. It is difficult to get past round 30 for many people. On Kino Der Toten most people don't even have to try to get past round 30. On "Five", the traps are hard to use for a strategy. There is no wonder weapon to save you when you get swarmed. And there isn't much room to maneuver like in Kino. Those are the three main reasons I think "Five" is challenging.

As for the Pentagon Thief, he is ridiculously easy to kill. Like SuperHands said, use Mustang & Sally or Raygun or Winter's Howl to deal with him.

On a side note, having a reliable wonder weapon to save you like the Thundergun is nice, but it makes the map A LOT easier. Compare the difficulty of Ascension to Call of the Dead. Huge difference.

TL;DR: "Five" doesn't suck!!!

A bit of off-topic, but what's the difference between "difficulty" and "difficultly"?

If you're looking for a good co-op strategy, having someone running a train out in the War Room (middle floor) while the other guys camp in the PaP Room is a very good 40+ co-op strategy.

I don't think it's the actually layout of Five that makes me dislike it... it's the lack of a solid weapon. Five is the only modern Zombies map that doesn't have a legit power weapon. Even Call of the Dead, where the Scavenger starts to suck past 34, you have the wunderwaffle almost at will. Five wouldn't be that hard if the Thundergun was on there...

I think that's what I like about it, you're forced to improvise with other weapons at the 30+ rounds.

• 3 months later...

Five doesen't suck, it just takes time to figure it out. Once you can figure out how to navigate the map, get some good players and get a good strategy, the map is not that hard. People shouldn't give it a bad rep because it's tight and difficult, I like it like that, but the Pentagon Thief is a biatch.

And I really don't know if the Winter Howl's that good or not, ive only gotten it 4 times combined in Five and Verruckt since I got Black Ops. (Not kidding)