nova 6 crawlers: loners

Nova six zombies i hate. treyarch did a pretty good job on them with their looks and they are not all glitched out like the dogs every 5 or so rounds . They should make a perk of tack mask or something for 5000 because it is annoying when they blind u. The upside is is that the nova 6 zombies kill runners only (i think). The thing i hate the most about them is that they don't always stick to the train some will go the other way Knowing u are going strait into them. They will just bite and swipe your legs and your done. u cant even see them like that. give me your thoughts on them.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you hate Nova 6 crawlers because they add gameplay elements that add difficulty?

:facepalm: Think about it this way, on Kino Der Toten, it would be too easy for a zombie conga line AKA rape train.

Fives lab would be a total breeze.

I mean they seem to be smarter than the AI for normal zombies, that means you shouldn't underestimate them.

Please don't make a post like this BTW, it's kind of a waste.

It's never really been a problem to me. They start running as fast as the zombies in the higher rounds anyways so they tend to join the train. If you just watch where you're walking you shouldn't really get stuck on them.

thanks but holy shit 102 on solo kino i only got to 43.

IMO nova crawlers make the map easier. Like someone mentioned earlier they damge the zombies if you use a conga line strategy. But i do understand why people dislike them. i dislike them for the blinding reason but then again in my nook the pros definatly outweigh the cons.

IMO nova crawlers make the map easier. Like someone mentioned earlier they damge the zombies if you use a conga line strategy. But i do understand why people dislike them. i dislike them for the blinding reason but then again in my nook the pros definatly outweigh the cons.

I've got the exact opposite view :lol:

I reckon the blinding thing adds a nice bit of difficulty, cause let's face it, after a certain point you'd just be walking round the map shooting the train behind you. So it's kinda good that it gives you more of those 'oh crap this is it' moments, and the bit of relief when you manage to survive it.

but the whole killing the other zombies thing is kind of a wind up just because I end up missing out on a lot of kills I need in earlier rounds :/

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Personally I am completely against the idea of not making a thread about something you dislike. If you aren't a fan of it, I think it's fine to make a thread about with the reasons why.

With that out of the way, I think that the crawlers are kind of a nuisance like the new zombies in Shangri-La, but after time and experience you'll figure out how to avoid them and not have them get in your way. I'm not a fan of them overall, but they add to the story element so I'm all for it :P

Personally I am completely against the idea of not making a thread about something you dislike. If you aren't a fan of it, I think it's fine to make a thread about with the reasons why.

With that out of the way, I think that the crawlers are kind of a nuisance like the new zombies in Shangri-La, but after time and experience you'll figure out how to avoid them and not have them get in your way. I'm not a fan of them overall, but they add to the story element so I'm all for it :P

This. If we don't tell Treyarch that something gets on our nerves, how will they ever know it needs to be fixed? Nova 6 crawlers disappeared—except for one very small area on Moon—after FIVE and Kino. Why? Because they read the forums, and they know that we don't like them.

But yeah, I like them at times. They are moving traps. Even in the 30's and 40's, if you spam enough MP40 ammo into them, they'll go down and take half the horde with them. On the other hand, they can get in the way and really mess you up kiting wise. So it's a give or take kinda thing. ;)

What exactly did the crawlers give to the story? The fact they're failed experiments by Maxis is all I got... We don't even have their origin.

Nova 6 and the crawlers created by Nova 6 are entwined with the storyline of zombies in many ways:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=21669#p208627

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11386#p99823

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=14365#p128388

Nova 6 crawlers are most likely experiements of Dr. Friedrich Steiner and Dr. Kurt Blome. Maxis may have experimented with the gas or witnessed experiences done to create the Nova 6 crawlers, but he wasn't the mind behind it.

Either way, it's pretty evident they are indeed part of the story behind zombies. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

And this was why Black Ops needed custom modes where you can turn the Nova's on/off like in BO2 with the hellhounds. 

That way, everyone's satisfied. 

Personally, Novas never really bothered me, if anything they were just easier headshots to me. Since I started zombies on Kino, I thought nothing of it, didn't have anything else to compare it to AKA maps without Novas at that point in time.