The strange voice on der riese

Zone Out

Ok so i was playing der riese solo (remember this) as Nikoli so i was on round 19 and i was going to buy QR so i bought it and then i heard someone talk NOT NIKOLI he said "Dempsey dont get exited its just a headshot" so i thought to myself it cant be sam cause it was a guy then i said its not nikolis voice so i desided it was the ghost of peter so im wondering if u guys ever heard a strange voice plz post :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have gotten hit by a crawler and Nikolai said one of the beta lines. He sounded weird, but the line he said was, "He's at crotch height Dempsey, don't get excited!"

Yes thats the one i have heard before. It doesnt really sound russian. Maybe russian, but in a completely different voice.

• 4 months later...

You must have gotten hit by a crawler and Nikolai said one of the beta lines. He sounded weird, but the line he said was, "He's at crotch height Dempsey, don't get excited!"

This is exactly it. It sounds like Nikolai to me, quite clearly, and the quote only comes up when he is in play. ...it's also a hilarious quote. :)

• 2 months later...

Literally just played Der Riese Solo and heard this quote twice, I don't think it is Nikolia, it doesn't have the same drunken tone. Also it doesn't sound like he's on the map. Sort of like when someone gets killed (their in spectator mode) and you hear their character say something but it doesn't sound like their there. (It's hard to explain)

• Administrators

There have been some instances where the original marines can be heard in a glitch. Treyarch recorded some of the original quotes from Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt and put them in the game for Der Riese, but I don't ink they were meant to be heard. But obviously, if a glitch occurs, they can be heard.

Alright time to end this 'mystery'

It's real simple, in the revamped SNN, one of Nikolai's quotes where he creates a crawler is the 'His heads at crotch height Dempsey, don't get excited', obviously a mistake at Treyarchs part.

Now as to why this doesn't sound like Nikolai, Treyarch, while making Der Riese, introduced new features such as teleports, and the characters reacting to being hit by a crawler, and ofcourse, these need quotes.

Now I'm guessing they hadn't brought the voice actors of the cast in, so to make sure these new quotes would actually work, they just took someone, put him in a booth, recorded the specific quotes they needed to test and voila.

Note how the 'beta' characters only talk about teleporters and crawlers.