Zap Gun/Wave Gun - Best Wonder Weapon Ever?

Hey guys, thought I might have seen a poll on this by now, but I haven't so I figured I'd make one.

The Thundergun was my fave up until the Wave Gun came out - the Wave Gun itself it practically identical to the Thundergun in terms of practicality (it's ability to instantly take out entire waves of zombies at close range even when not PaP'd) and ammo. But you also have the added Zap Gun which has a lot of ammo when upgraded and kills in 1 shot at whatever round. You also get the occasional failed shot from the Thundergun, which from my experience isn't present in the Wave Gun.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think the Wave Guns gotta be my favorite as well. Not only can you take out 20+ zombies with one Wave Gun shot, but you also get Zap Gun ammo that comes in handy for getting through the lab or taking out an individual zombie. It's a multi-purpose wonder weapon, what more could you ask for?

Also, the Ray Gun will probably always be a favorite of mine.

Wonderwaffe - amazing.

Wavegun - badass.

Ray Gun - awsome.

Scavenger - cmon, its a badass sniper with explosive rounds

Thundergun - great for getting out of sticky situations but becomes useless on high nights

Winters howl - great for slowing down rape-trains

Babymaker - kinda cool, kinda effective

V-R11 - least greatest imo aside from being involved inn CotD EE

Wonderwaffe - amazing.

Wavegun - badass.

Ray Gun - awsome.

Thundergun - great for getting out of sticky situations but becomes useless on high nights

VR11 - Insta-kill gun for Co Op. I thought it was a pretty effective weapon if you knew how to use it with a teammate IMO.

All the rest I totally agree on though.

MUSTANG AND SALLY! if i had choice where i could pick to have every wonder weapon at once or Mustang and Sally i would pick Mustang and Sally. but dont get me wrong the Wave/Zap gun is still a useful gun but it has a lot of drawbacks like:

if you shoot a zombie with the Zap gun you can not shoot the zombies right behind it because the games does not register the zombie dead till it hits the ground so you are wasting ammo on a zombie that is "dead" but is not real dead.

the Wave gun makes it almost impossible to see what going on if you use it on a group of zombies in a tight area (like when your filling up the tubes for the easter egg) so you cant see other zombies coming at you fast enough to react to it.

all and all i love all the wounder weapons. BUT NOTHING BEATS MUSTANG AND SALLY!

Wonderwaffe - amazing.

Wavegun - badass.

Ray Gun - awsome.

VR11 - Insta-kill gun for Co Op. I thought it was a pretty effective weapon if you knew how to use it with a teammate IMO.

Yeah I don't think many people do 40+ on COTD co-op without using the VR-11.

I completely disagree about the Thundergun being useless on high rounds though, it's the only gun that kills on Kino & Ascension at rounds 50+, not to mention it takes out a whole spawn of 24 zombies not even upgraded and is just as effective against the monkeys on round 100+ as it was on round -10.

Wonderwaffe - amazing.

Wavegun - badass.

Ray Gun - awsome.

Yeah I don't think many people do 40+ on COTD co-op without using the VR-11.

I completely disagree about the Thundergun being useless on high rounds though, it's the only gun that kills on Kino & Ascension at rounds 50+, not to mention it takes out a whole spawn of 24 zombies not even upgraded and is just as effective against the monkeys on round 100+ as it was on round -10.

Whoa, didnt read that post carefully. The Thundergun is DEFINATELY useful in the high rounds. In fact it's just about the only useful gun in the 40+ rounds on Ascension beside point-making weapons like the MP5.

I like using zap gun on dogs in no mans land. Those dogs deserve it.

Mustang and sallys are more like defensive weapons I just use them in 40+ rounds to clear the way when i am going to revive someone or run into a zombie and have no where to go. YOu just need to know what u are running into.

wave gun for the win. Simply because you don't have to aim.

Mustang and sallys are more like defensive weapons I just use them in 40+ rounds to clear the way when i am going to revive someone or run into a zombie and have no where to go. YOu just need to know what u are running into.

Yep, in a co-op game I always save my M1911 and upgrade it if someone else gets the wonder weapon first. Of course there's certain maps where I don't even bother trying to get the wonder weapon and just got straight for the M&S, COTD being a good example.

Ok ya I forgot about the co-op effectivness of the vr but I stand by thundergun being useless on higher nights, it just pushes them over but it can save your ass.

It'll push them over at early rounds too if they're not close enough to you, it's all about how you use it. Even past round 100 it can still take out a whole group of 24 if you gather them up nice and tight and blast them at close range. Far from useless ;)

Interesting, we've got at least 1 vote on each option so far...

It'll push them over at early rounds too if they're not close enough to you, it's all about how you use it. Even past round 100 it can still take out a whole group of 24 if you gather them up nice and tight and blast them at close range. Far from useless ;)

Interesting, we've got at least 1 vote on each option so far...

You know, Superhands, I remember having a debate with you on the thunderguns effectiveness once upon a time. I think I should inform you that perhaps you may have been right about it being one of the best wonderweapons. I realize now that I was not very effective with it because I ran my trains too long so they were not bunched up right for a thundergun blast. Now however I have begun to run trains in the lobby in Kino and have found that the entire room can usually be cleared by one blast (unless it does that random fail glitch) so I stand corrected on my previous outlook of the thundergun, but in the end it really depends on how you use any wonderweapon that determines how good it is. If you upgrade the VR-11 and shoot each of your teammates with it then you can make the rounds go by much, much faster and easier than you could with a lone thundergun. And if you do run long trains or camp then the WunderWaffe will do you better than the thundergun would, and ect...

I think the Thundergun is pretty much like everything else in this game, you're not too keen on it until you learn about it. I still don't like the Wonderwaffe in W@W because of the Juggernog glitch, but with that glitch not present in Black Ops it's a pretty awesome weapon.

M&S isn't a WW is it? It's a PaP'd version of a gun.

Correct, but it kicks so much ass with Flopper I made an option for those that prefer it to any WW, hence it saying "better than any WW" ;)

I prefer it to every WW besides the Thundergun and the Wave Gun. Up until about round 40 anyways...

I think the Thundergun is pretty much like everything else in this game, you're not too keen on it until you learn about it. I still don't like the Wonderwaffe in W@W because of the Juggernog glitch, but with that glitch not present in Black Ops it's a pretty awesome weapon.

That is very true. For example, I used to hate the map FIVE. But I gave it one serious attempt with a buddy of mine and now I actually think it is a very nice map, I used to think the wall guns were completely useless but now that I know how to run trains and use cheap smg's (Pm63 or MPL with double tap and you will definitely make your money back and more with those guns.) I use that as one of my main strategies for the first 20-25 rounds which can sometimes (if I am lucky enough) get me up to 50-100 thousand points with 4 perks already under my belt I can spam the box for whatever gun I could want (if we get a crawler). I used to think the VR-11 was a complete waste of time until I found out about its effects on your teammates when it is pack-a-punched. I used to think the Matryoshka Dolls were a useless secondary grenade... well maybe that one was kind of right...