Boom115

The Walking Thread *Spoilers*

Donor

Realistically, he would not survive that.

But they seem to be leaving it up in the air. Scott Gimple said on Talking Dead that he would return in some form. Whether that is flashbacks, Maggie finding him, or even surviving. Who knows. They didn't show him in the memorial they did.

Also, people don't have their intestines in their chest. So either that was a huge mistake, or that was Nicholas being eaten (that still wouldn't save him).

But it's purposely done like this. lmao lets put a Morgan episode so we can leave viewers hanging for two weeks. Hopefully it's as good as the Governor one in S4.

Realistically, he would not survive that.

But they seem to be leaving it up in the air. Scott Gimple said on Talking Dead that he would return in some form. Whether that is flashbacks, Maggie finding him, or even surviving. Who knows. They didn't show him in the memorial they did.

Also, people don't have their intestines in their chest. So either that was a huge mistake, or that was Nicholas being eaten (that still wouldn't save him).

But it's purposely done like this. lmao lets put a Morgan episode so we can leave viewers hanging for two weeks. Hopefully it's as good as the Governor one in S4.

My friend said people were saying that when Nicholas fell on him, the zombies were eating him and he got covered in his blood so he could blend in with walkers. Its far fetched and I don't think they will do that but if they did I would actually applaud them for thinking of something like that.

Donor

@Boom Kid's dead.

If he somehow survives this, a full horde of walkers on him ready to eat his ass because hey look nicholas fell on top of him, then the writers are basically telling the viewers that no matter what predicament a TWD character is stuck in and no matter how slim the chances of survival are, if he's a main character he'll be fine and otherwise he's toast. 

Only thing worse than a major character dying is a show that doesn't have the balls to let major characters die. This was a much needed reminder that even Rick's badass group of zombie killing gods is vulnerable.

I just want to see him get the same death he got in the comics. It would definitely lose the emotional impact if he hasn't died, for when he gets his real death, but him falling off a dumpster is just stupid to me. Just five seconds of him screaming, and the rest of the characters don't even know he died.

I get that it makes the main characters more vulnerable and shows how they're not invincible, but it's annoying when characters who have been able to handle lots of dangerous situations, die because of something like this.

I just don't think I can live in a world where Glenn is dead, and Father Gabriel is still alive. :P

@Boom Kid's dead.

If he somehow survives this, a full horde of walkers on him ready to eat his ass because hey look nicholas fell on top of him, then the writers are basically telling the viewers that no matter what predicament a TWD character is stuck in and no matter how slim the chances of survival are, if he's a main character he'll be fine and otherwise he's toast. 

Only thing worse than a major character dying is a show that doesn't have the balls to let major characters die. This was a much needed reminder that even Rick's badass group of zombie killing gods is vulnerable.

I just want to see him get the same death he got in the comics. It would definitely lose the emotional impact if he hasn't died, for when he gets his real death, but him falling off a dumpster is just stupid to me. Just five seconds of him screaming, and the rest of the characters don't even know he died.

I get that it makes the main characters more vulnerable and shows how they're not invincible, but it's annoying when characters who have been able to handle lots of dangerous situations, die because of something like this.

I just don't think I can live in a world where Glenn is dead, and Father Gabriel is still alive. :P

At the start of season 5 the amount Glenn got lucky was a joke, then he dies by someone, who tried to kill him which he survived, falling on him. Pfffffft I wanted the actual death.

@Slade @Boom @Spiderx3000

Keep the faith, I don't think he's dead either. Three "tell-tale (get it?)" signs that he's NOT dead.

1. When was the last time you saw a survivor getting eaten apart in their stomach/chest region, and they DIDN'T spit up a shit ton of blood? How abouuuuut never?

2. Glenn was not featured in the good byes to people who've died in the Talking Dead episode that aired immediately after, that has also never happened.

3. Steven (the actor) was not on Talking Dead. Every core member who has died since Talking Dead has been on, was featured on the correlating episode everrryyyy time.

Plus, like Boom said, The body position for everything is weird. They do a pretty good job when people are getting ripped open of making it look authentic. They emulated intestines...which would be located in his chest if they were his own. Nathan clearly fell on top of Glenn, I'm convinced he will crawl up under the dumpster to hide. We'll see.

What was the last thing Glenn said to Rick?

"Good luck, dumbass"

Mirrors the first time they met, where Glenn said something similar to Rick after he crawled under the tank. This is definite foreshadowing to Glenn crawling under the dumpster, and surviving.

Plus all the reasons you guys already said :P

Edited by GRILL

If he is dead it will be a shame. I know theres all this stuff pointing towards him still being alive but maybe they just dropped the ball, hopefully not. To be honest what I always wanted was for Rick to end up dying (not yet, I really love him but bare with me) and for Glenn to take over as the main character. That would be an interesting change to the show compared to the comic books.

To be honest what I always wanted was for Rick to end up dying (not yet, I really love him but bare with me) and for Glenn to take over as the main character. That would be an interesting change to the show compared to the comic books.

Exactly what I had said to my friend, That I had always imagined Glenn as the Heir to the throne. 

To be honest what I always wanted was for Rick to end up dying (not yet, I really love him but bare with me) and for Glenn to take over as the main character. That would be an interesting change to the show compared to the comic books.

Exactly what I had said to my friend, That I had always imagined Glenn as the Heir to the throne. 

You too? Glad I am not alone in that thinking, nobody ever said it to me but I really do think thats what everyone would want. From the shows standpoint as well, making him survive this would be huge for them. Glenn is really popular and he could lead the show, killing him off is like "Yeah anyone can die" but its a shame to waste acting talent to make a show seem more realistic. 

This Camouflage Ex Machina only works with blood and guts from a person who has been long dead. The rotten guts will make the Walkers think you're one of them. Having fresh blood and guts all over you should do the complete opposite, i.e make the walkers become even more aware of you than they already are. 

Hell, remember when Shane cut his hand on that bus door and the Walkers went all crazy after his blood, allowing Shane to easily kill them?

And the reason they didn't go for the staircase was that Nicholas went straight for the fence instead, thinking there wouldn't be any walkers behind it.

This Camouflage Ex Machina only works with blood and guts from a person who has been long dead. The rotten guts will make the Walkers think you're one of them. Having fresh blood and guts all over you should do the complete opposite, i.e make the walkers become even more aware of you than they already are. 

Hell, remember when Shane cut his hand on that bus door and the Walkers went all crazy after his blood, allowing Shane to easily kill them?

And the reason they didn't go for the staircase was that Nicholas went straight for the fence instead, thinking there wouldn't be any walkers behind it.

They still had time though, Glenn just stood there like a moron waiting for some idiot who didn't know what he was doing. Still though, he was covered by Nicholas.

Admin

@Boom Kid's dead.

I think we need to put some money on it. Just didn't feel like the did it justice for his final go around. The whole "dumbass" on the radio thing relating back to their original encounter seemed like a misdirect- a fake finale.

Donor

What a great episode. This was my favourite of the season so far. I liked Eastman as a character, and finally seeing the gaps in Morgan's story, and seeing the development he goes through, is what made this episode for me.

Donor

I knew Eastman was going to die, but god damn I didn't want him to die. I was hoping he and Morgan would just split up or something. He was cool.

All in all I enjoyed the episode, but one thing about this show (and this season) is the deaths are so preventable, and only happen because they need to happen for the plot *coughTheSilentZombiecough*. If they have to die, cool, but make it look like they couldn't easily avoid it.

I really love this season so far, and it's nice to have a break from the action because you start to not appreciate it if it happens all the time. I was kinda mad at Morgan in Episode 2, but with this episode I can see his side and understand his choices now.

The fact a character just introduced has more character progression and is more likable than anyone on FTWD says something. I really hope that show gets itself together in S2.

On 10/28/2015, 2:27:02, Boom said:

I think we need to put some money on it. Just didn't feel like the did it justice for his final go around. The whole "dumbass" on the radio thing relating back to their original encounter seemed like a misdirect- a fake finale.

LETS PUT SOME MONEY DOWN

so_let_s_play_by_pikkatze-d3la0w9.jpg

Admin

@TashaI Don't know what I'm looking at.

Donor

Bit late

I was not expecting Jesse to die. I figured Sam would, but didn't think she would. And definitely was not expecting that to happen to Carl. To be honest I thought it was a fakeout at first, a dream sequence sort of. Especially with Rick having flashbacks of Jesse when he was hacking her arm off. So I was half not paying attention just because fake outs annoy me haha. But than it turned out real and I had to rewatch it again.

Also A+ opening with Darryl shooting the Rocket Launcher at Negan's Bikie Gang.

9 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Bit late

I was not expecting Jesse to die. I figured Sam would, but didn't think she would. And definitely was not expecting that to happen to Carl. To be honest I thought it was a fakeout at first, a dream sequence sort of. Especially with Rick having flashbacks of Jesse when he was hacking her arm off. So I was half not paying attention just because fake outs annoy me haha. But than it turned out real and I had to rewatch it again.

Also A+ opening with Darryl shooting the Rocket Launcher at Negan's Bikie Gang.

I thought the exact same thing with Jesse and also had to rewatch the Carl part because I also thought it was a dream sequence and looked away, only to realise what had happened because I know that to happen in the comics.

My favourite episode of the Waking Dead, ever, was the Series 5 opener where they escape Terminus. But this is definitely runners up, it had so much good stuff. The Rocket launcher and Glenn's Survival AGAIN made me laugh so hard. Also Carl's eye, the wolf guy actually turning good and Rick going "nothing to lose" mode again (I think it might be a mental thing that could be explored with him). So much good stuff, especially the Alexandrian people and Gabriel fighting back and winning. I am glad that they redeemed themselves. I was alright with the kid dying, but Jesse hit me as a surprise because I thought she would be like Andrea who is still alive and Ricks love interest in the comics, to my knowledge.

Spoiler

Vote "YES" to get Rick's hand cut off! Andrew Lincoln already agrees.

Donor

lmao Rick got over Jesse quick.

Nah I was half expecting half not expecting Richonne to happen. Michonne is practically family now, and it has sorta been like that since Season 4. I just wasn't sure if they'd get together.

Rick and Daryl are fucking stupid though. Like I know characters are dumb on this show sometimes but come on. That whole truck chase on the farm was weird, like they tried to make it a comedy. But Jesus seems cool, please don't be a bad character.

20 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

lmao Rick got over Jesse quick.

Nah I was half expecting half not expecting Richonne to happen. Michonne is practically family now, and it has sorta been like that since Season 4. I just wasn't sure if they'd get together.

Rick and Daryl are fucking stupid though. Like I know characters are dumb on this show sometimes but come on. That whole truck chase on the farm was weird, like they tried to make it a comedy. But Jesus seems cool, please don't be a bad character.

I was happy they got together. I wanted them to get together for a while, not even sure why. Also I think hes gonna be an awesome character and be up there with the originals, hopefully.

Donor

Someone's going to be killed. They are way underestimating Negan. I've haven't read the comics that far, but even I know he's not to be messed with.

+1 to Gregory calling Maggie "Natalie"

Donor

Gabriel reciting bible verses than killing that guy was awesome!

Someone's gonna die though very soon.

1 hour ago, Rissole25 said:

Gabriel reciting bible verses than killing that guy was awesome!

Someone's gonna die though very soon.

That gave me Saving Private Ryan feels. This episode seemed incredibly rushed, to the extent that I was surprised it was over.