Best way to kill astronaut?

Sigint

I havent had Moon long so would like to know the best way to kill to astronaut zombies. The way i do it is it that i throw a gerch device, then unload a whole clip of an upgraded ray gun. This is at round 30 btw. i can think of any better way, and i dont want to waste my wave gun ammo on it.

so anyone have better ways?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray Gun is all good and fun, however, do not throw that Gersch Device. IF the cosmonaut gets caught in that he glitches out and starts doing the moonwalk at 2x his normal speed, which can ruin your game if you can't kill him at, oh say, round 40.

I recommend a high damage weapon that does splash damage, Mustang and Sally, Ray Gun and/or M72 Anarchy.

BUT, the best weapon by far is the QED. When there are no other zombies next to the cosmonaut, throw one next to him, it'll create that white explosion and kill him instantly, no matter what round you're on.

One last note, the Wave Gun does zero damage to him, so never try to use it on him.

I dont have moon for long too, but it seems to me like Ray Gun works way better than Mustang... Not sure on it though.

And on PC that Moonwalk glitch didnt appear, i've seen twice a gersh right next to him and it didnt occur.

Yeah same On PS3 I accidentally put one beside him and it didn't even try on pull him in, he ignored it.

if you have the QED though, then you can have gerches, and gerches help me much more.

I dont think that walking backwards glitch happens on ps3, they patched it before release.

It's not. Happened to him the first time I tried to do the EE, was up to the part where I just had to put the Vril Device in the machine, but couldn't because there were to many zombies plus this guy speed moon walking. Somehow I think it's intentional that he does it. I mean wouldn't 3arc have completely patched it by now if it was a glitch?

Don't always rely on QED's to get him, they can enrage him.

I always keep an upgraded Ray Gun especially for killing the Cosmonaut zombie. When he's getting close take out the entire wave of zombies you've gathered up, be it by Gersch Device, Wave Gun or whatever. Then quickly blast the guy with the Ray Gun, even at really high rounds he'll die pretty quick with it.

I've heard that hitting the head does normal damage, but hitting the back pack does more damage (so the multiplier is on the back pack, not the head). Anyone confirm this?

I wish the good ol' Scavenger was in this map. Would easily take him down. Trying to get a Scavenger shot through the QED is hard.

I havent had Moon long so would like to know the best way to kill to astronaut zombies. The way i do it is it that i throw a gerch device, then unload a whole clip of an upgraded ray gun. This is at round 30 btw. i can think of any better way, and i dont want to waste my wave gun ammo on it.

so anyone have better ways?

The best to kill him is QEDs , your looking for the same explosion that happens when you kill him, but when u throw it warn everyone who's playing because they can affect everyone's game play in some cases.

Moon - 53 , high score 1.21 million

Why kill your astronauts if they will just come back stronger than before?

Good point and this is also my take on it, but there's sometimes you throw a Gerscg and he'll start doing the fast moonwalk so you have to take him out quickly.

For the majority of the game though I like to loop round the rocks where the claymores are, if you get him there then as long as you keep moving he'll basically stick to the rocks and you can just leave him there.