Why does the group go to Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't fit into the story, them being there. If you hadn't played World at War, and didn't no to much about the story, than you might think they were there.

Would've been good to have the Marines. Have some quotes for them in NdU, and maybe actually give them some names :)

Imagine if they made a return to the story in the next game?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just did some research, it turns out Dempsey was a spy for the OSS at Verruckt. When he was discovered, they sent him to Richtofen for tests, who was stationed at the place Call of the Dead is set in.

When the OSS found out they sent 4 soldiers to find Dempsey and bring him back, but the zombie problem had taken over the building by the time they got there. They are the soldiers you play in Verruckt. Peter (who is one of them) then went to Shi No Numa, he was hung by Richtofen.

And Nacht der Untoten, I don't think Treyarch had their story yet so that might be why the usual group isn't there.

• Administrators

Ehh you're a bit off. Tank was part of the extraction team sent to retrieve Peter, not the other way around. Dempsey was caught and sent to Der Riese not Call of the Dead. And my theory is that a certain plane crashed and those characters are in NDU.

Ehh you're a bit off. Tank was part of the extraction team sent to retrieve Peter, not the other way around. Dempsey was caught and sent to Der Riese not Call of the Dead. And my theory is that a certain plane crashed and those characters are in NDU.

You should watch the "Nazi Zombie Story Part 2" by "Timminose". It explains what happens before the Call of the Dead group where there.

cdfgtvGVGWo

(skip to 9:00 for Call of the Dead)

It says how Call of the Dead used to be a spot where Group 935 experimented on people, that's why George Romero chose the location to make his movie. And on one of the radios, you can here Richtofen saying how they found a spy and how they're going to send him from Verruckt to Richtofen.

It has some really interesting information.

• Administrators

I can guarantee you I know more of the story than this guy. Richtofen wasn't in Call of the Dead. Just because the radios take place there doesn't mean that's where they are. And Romero didn't choose CoTD, they were heading to the Tunguska Event and crashed. Then he found all the papers and decided to make a movie.

I can guarantee you I know more of the story than this guy. Richtofen wasn't in Call of the Dead. Just because the radios take place there doesn't mean that's where they are. And Romero didn't choose CoTD, they were heading to the Tunguska Event and crashed. Then he found all the papers and decided to make a movie.

But Romero wouldn't have made a movie at CotD if it weren't for the history it had from 935 being there. Richtofen might not have been there himself, but someone had to have been there experimenting and using 115 for zombies to emerge.

• Administrators

But Romero wouldn't have made a movie at CotD if it weren't for the history it had from 935 being there. Richtofen might not have been there himself, but someone had to have been there experimenting and using 115 for zombies to emerge.

Yeah, 935 was there. We don't know who or when, but someone was there. But Romero wasn't trying to be there, he crashed and found everything.

I thought Romero was trying to be there? I mean, he wouldn't just be on a random boat full of celebrities and a whole movie crew if he wasn't looking for it. In the ending cutscene doesn't he say "some of that crazy shit happened right here", which I'm assuming is Call of the Dead's location? He said he discovered the documents years ago.

• Administrators

I thought Romero was trying to be there? I mean, he wouldn't just be on a random boat full of celebrities and a whole movie crew if he wasn't looking for it. In the ending cutscene doesn't he say "some of that crazy shit happened right here", which I'm assuming is Call of the Dead's location? He said he discovered the documents years ago.

He discovered the documents years ago yes, so he went to look for the Tunguska Event. The description of the map:

Their dream of discovering the true origins of the Element 115 unravels into a hellish nightmare.

In the IMDb plot summary they had when the game came out:

On the hunt for the origins of the enigmatic Element 115, they head for the site of an ancient meteorite impact crater but their ship mysteriously runs aground.

NOW do you all believe me?

Yeah, 935 was there. We don't know who or when, but someone was there. But Romero wasn't trying to be there, he crashed and found everything.

Ya, that's what I've been trying to say.

• 2 weeks later...